The Grand Pavilion at The Sandbar Reviews

157 | Anna Maria, FL

157 Reviews for The Grand Pavilion at The Sandbar

• Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 04/21/2012

My husband and I knew the week after we got engaged we wanted a destination wedding on AMI at the Sandbar Restaurant. We had been visiting the island for the past 6 years and every time we arrive to vacation, it is our first stop for a margarita and sunset. Of course a bride who dreams of a beach wedding, spends everyday for months envisioning the sun, warm weather and soft waves crashing on the beach. Patti will always hold a special place in our hearts because mother nature threw us for one heck of a loop in April on our wedding day and she worked with our wedding planner Anna Pohl to transform our day into something I never imagined. To take a step back, from the moment we met Patti she was incredible! She made us laugh, was genuinely vested in our interests for the big day, professional, reliable, responded to emails with big or small concerns immediately, I could go on forever! Our wedding day after months of beautiful weather happened to be blessed with 40 mph winds, rain, and very uncertain weather. Just days prior and days after were gorgeous of course. Patti reached out to my husband the evening before our wedding day and offered to let the show go on with the conditions or switch venues across the street to The Studio at Gulf and Pine. We had 110 guests from out of town and he knew we had to make a move. I was told the morning of by my MOH I would have to walk into a venue I never saw-you can imagine the unrest I had but I was so excited for the day I was like let's do it! From the second I walked in it was magical! I could NOT believe they had transferred all of our decorations, plants, food...it was stunningly beautiful. She not only saved our wedding day she gave us a dream wedding we never knew we wanted! The guests couldn't believe the story, the venue, the FOOOD, how it all came together! The day you sign a contract with Patti you can be assured your day will be perfect. The Sandbar staff and services were unbelievable! Thank you so much :)

Sent on 09/30/2012

Lindsey · Married on 03/31/2012

Just fantastic! I couldn't have asked for more. Pattie was also very good at helping keep my very dramatic mom in line but in a nice way. The food was great.

Sent on 12/03/2012

Susan · Married on 03/24/2012

While the Sandbar is not an unusual choice for weddings on Anna Maria, we chose them because they were located on a beach that the groom had spent his youth visiting while growing up in Manatee County. We knew they had a great reputation, but having attended other larger events at their outdoor pavilion, were a little concerned that our ceremony, only 23 people total, would be a small fish for an establishment that was accustomed to coordinating much larger events. We thought it wouldn't hurt to ask and when we called, learned that they already had a wedding on the books for the weekend we had selected last spring. Patti McKee, the coordinator, had a wonderful suggestion, however and guided us to enquire at the Studio at Gulf & Pine which was a gallery located only a few blocks away. We could hold our small reception there and have the ceremony close by on the beach. The Sandbar would still provide the set up for the ceremony and reception as well as the catering. It was a perfect solution as, being New Englanders, we wanted to be sure there was a back up alternative for the ceremony location in case of bad weather. Patti and her crew were very professional and, along with Julie and Tommy Fagen at the Studio at Gulf & Pine, helped us arrange a setting that was pretty and special without being too stiff or formal. The food was delicious and met the tastes of all of our guests, including several vegetarians. They also coordinated well with the other vendors and our day went off without a hitch. We felt special and well taken care of and are pleased to have had their help with celebrating this special day.

Sent on 01/01/2013

Mandy · Married on 12/30/2011

Our wedding was absolutely perfect, in large part due to the venue and staff. Everyone was very hepful and friendly prior to, during and after the wedding. They really wanted to be sure your special day was just that, special. The food was delicious with generous serving sizes and plenty to go around. Our guests included chefs and food critics and all were impressed at the quality of food. The staff was very thoughtful and courteous. They were always one step ahead of us and helped make the day as stress free as possible. We would highly recommend this staff and venue to anyone looking for a beach wedding at a great value. You can't beat it!

*small items to mention-- it is a public beach, so there will be people around watching your wedding and potentially getting in the way of photos if your photographer doesn't ask them to move.

Sent on 01/17/2012
  • W

Wendy · Married on 12/16/2011

The Sandbar provided an excellent venue with reasonable prices. Our photos were amazing. Since the Sandbar is at the end of the island we didn't have the beach goers in the photo background. Their planning coordinator, Patty, was instrumental in making my son's wedding a stress free, beautiful memory. My son is in the military out of state, yet he was able to make choices and plan due to Patty's assistance and outstanding attention to detail. She quickly responded to questions and emails. They were great about making personal accommodations. The food quality and presentation was excellent. All the servers were friendly and attentive. I highly recommend the Sandbar for a beach wedding! Thank you Patty making their special day a wonderful one!

Sent on 01/10/2012

Jessica · Married on 11/06/2011

Everyone wanting to get married around the Sarasota/Anna Maria area needs to work with the Sandbar Restaurant. Patti was amazing. The food was awesome, the venue was more than I anticipated, they decorated it wonderful, and again Patti was so great to work with.

Sent on 02/08/2012

Megan · Married on 10/21/2011

My husband and I are so happy with how our wedding turned out. Everything was absolutely beautiful and stress-free. Patti makes sure every last detail is in order. This was so helpful! I went to a wedding recently where minor details were left up to the bride and family (like getting the candles lit, coordinating walking down the aisle, etc) and it made me appreciate even more how wonderful Patti was! The food was excellent and the ambiance could not have been any better! We love the sandbar and can't wait to come back and visit!

Sent on 11/16/2011

Kelly · Married on 10/14/2011

What would I have done without Patti? She and the sandbar staff were wonderful. The day went off without a hitch, and I'm not even sure how everything happened! Patti responded quickly and efficiently to each of my emails, and worked very hard to make sure that everything went smoothly. The food was FANTASTIC, and you just can't beat the view. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/21/2011
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 09/24/2011

I cannot say enough about how perfect Patti and everyone at the Sandbar made my reception. The setting was exactly what we were looking for-relaxed, barefoot in the sand- and the decor was simple yet elegant. Patti was very responsive to every one of my (many) emails. In fact, about an hour before the ceremony, I was told family members had arrived that originally weren't supposed to be at the wedding. I called Patti and asked if they could add one more table and they did without hesitation. I can't imagine my wedding being any more perfect than it was. Thank you for making our day, they day we had been dreaming about!

Sent on 10/06/2011

Amanda · Married on 06/30/2011

What can I say?! Great food, service, planning, and the VIEW!!!! I had 3 months to plan a destination weeding in FL all the way from Indiana, and Patti made this easy for me. Everything was within my budget as you can choose what you need and don't need. There is nothing I'd change about my special day! Patti and staff made it a pure bliss that will last a lifetime!! The guests all said it was the best wedding ever and loved having their toes in the sand!! I completely forgot the restaurant was not too far as the wedding was private and intimate. I can't wait till my family is back on the island for Spring Break to enjoy the foid and see Patti. Thank you so much for the smiles!!!!!!

Sent on 01/20/2012

Edwin · Married on 06/11/2011

Patty was the best. She worked so well with us to help us have our dream wedding. We would not change a thing about the whole day......it really was perfect. The food was amazing and patty really worked with us to create the best buffet.

Sent on 04/07/2012

Michelle · Married on 04/29/2011

This was the perfect venue to have your destination/beach wedding! The setting was picture perfect. Patti and her team really know what they are doing and it really shows. Our wedding day turned out perfect. Patti was quick to respond to emails and answered all my questions. All of our guests have done nothing but rave how much they loved the food, the appetizers and the venue. Mostly all our guests were from out of town everyone keeps telling me they want to make another vacation down to Anna Maria. The Sandbar is beyond 5 stars regarding the value for its cost! I could have not pictured our wedding day any different than what they delivered.

Sent on 05/11/2011
  • Teacherbride

Megan · Married on 03/26/2011

I cannot say enough about Patti and the Sandbar. Not only did we have a wondful wedding, we enjoy the resturant part.
    Patti answered every email I sent her! She even called the day of to check on us. They sent us home with food and lost keys!
    If we to do it again, there is nowhere else I would want to go.

Sent on 04/12/2011

Marissa · Married on 03/12/2011

AMAZING location. If you are looking for a unique wedding reception...this is your place. We had 85 friends and family fly in from BOston, and they just had never experienced a wedding like this before. Feet in the sand, laid back but beautiful and professional. The food was outstanding (INCREDIBLY huge scallops), and the waistaff and bartender were fun and efficient. Patti (the coordinator), I just do not have enough time to write about her.....she loves her job and it shows...she is just amazing. And her laid back attitude is just what I was looking for. I honestly do not have one bad thing to say about the Sandbar.....they gave us the wedding we wanted and people are still saying it was the best one they have been to yet!

Sent on 03/20/2011

Tara · Married on 03/05/2011

The Sandbar is an excellent location for a beach wedding. Obviously, it has a beautiful background and the staff was great. Patti was there during the entire ceremony and reception and took care of my every need. She was quick to respond to my emails and phone calls prior to our wedding as well. Everyone complimented our chicken and beef options and really enjoyed the pineapple tree as an appetizer.

Sent on 03/09/2011

Judy · Married on 11/19/2010

Patti and her crew were amazing! Our groom is a captain in the Marine Corps and his mom wished that he could wear his uniform for the service while our daughter wanted a beach wedding. Shiny black shoes and sand don't mix too well, but Patti came up with the perfect solution! We moved up the dances to right after the ceremony and picture taking so Mike had time to run into the office/house and change into his dress uniform. He only had to walk about twenty steps to the dance floor under the pavillion to "surprise" his mom. It worked perfectly and she was so happy. Of course, Me (the MOB) and our daugher (a military brat) were in on the whole thing. We had the other dances and then we ate. The food was wonderful, the service was great, and I would tell you that Patti recommends great vendors for flowers and photos!! We never had one problem! And of course, Patti made sure that the sunset was spectacular that evening. ; ) Don't hesitate to plan your wedding here for a great event!

Sent on 12/18/2010

Cassie-Ann · Married on 11/10/2010

In my opioion the only place to get married if you love Anna Maria and it's amazing sunsets. Being from London, myself and my husband visit here every year and always loved the Sandbar for a sunset evening meal. When we finally decided to tie the knot we knew how special this place was to us already we decided our guests would love it to so went ahead. I can only say how fabulous the day was, the food, wine, decoration etc was second to none. For me persoanlly what made the decision for me to go ahead was Patti McKee Events Co-ordinator and my fairy Godmother!. She is a genuine Diamond and the most amazing person at what she does. She helped me from day 1 to get everything we needed and organised a truly amazing day. Her relaxing personality meant nothing stressed me and getting married was one of the most relaxing experiences I've had, she met me on the day and we had a catch up and then off I went down the sand aisle and said I do. She is the true assett of this venue and I will always be grateful to her for all her help and assistance. Bearing in mind I live in London we did a great job of communicating and the day couldn't have gone any better. THANK YOU Pattie, your awesome.

Sent on 06/14/2012

Lo · Married on 10/29/2010

Everyone we worked with for our wedding was wonderful, professional, and went out of their way to make sure we were accommodated. I definitely recommend this venue for a wedding, especially a destination wedding. Patti made everything perfect!

Sent on 03/04/2011

Janell · Married on 10/23/2010

Our daughter was married at the Sandbar Restaurant in October, 2010. Patti provided excellent advice in a calm, patient way throughout the planning process, and the wedding day was absolutely perfect! The pavilion was set up exactly as we requested, the service was excellent, and the food was delicious! Patti personally provided the wedding day coordination with all of the vendors - photographer, D.J., florist, baker, etc., freeing us up for the more important aspects of the day - primarily keeping the bride calm! Many thanks to Patti and the Sandbar crew!

Sent on 12/22/2010

Toni · Married on 08/14/2010

What can I say, this place is absolutely perfect for a beach wedding. Not only that, but Patti and her staff made all the planning very easy and were fantastic during the wedding. The food was wonderful and the service was unbelievable. At one point of the night I did not have a garter to throw, so Patti and her staff went back and MADE me one from scratch. How persistent is that! Our family and friends al keep saying it was the best wedding they have ever been too. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding.

Sent on 08/30/2010

Jessie · Married on 08/09/2010

Everything about this place was perfect. I had the best destination wedding! I live in Kansas and all my wedding planning was done by email. Patti was so helpful in the planning process. She responded very fast and made sure I had everything I wanted and needed. The location is beautiful, the food is amazing and the staff’s wonderful! It truly was the best wedding ever! Thanks Sandbar!

Sent on 11/09/2010

Constanze · Married on 07/30/2010

The Sandbar was awesome. Patti and the rest of the staff were such a pleasure to work with and you get a lot for a great price. I had so little stress planning my wedding. Patti and the staff took care of it all and had some very helpful suggestions. The setting was just beautiful and the food was delicious - my father said he was going to hurt himself eating so many crab fritters. A few of our guests commented it was the best wedding they had ever been to. We plan on visiting the Sandbar at least once a year and would definitely consider it for other parties/events. I would recommend the Sandbar to anyone looking for a beautiful beach wedding at a great price!

Sent on 08/08/2010

Tina · Married on 07/17/2010

The Sandbar is such a great place! You can have the ceremony and the reception right there on the beach! For the quality of food, location, and price, you can't beat it. The coordinator, Patti and the rest of the Staff were so great to work with also. Since I live in Orlando it made the planning a little stressful, but Patti did a great job helping out with that by keeping up with the phone calls and the emails. Not to mention me changing my mind every 10 minutes. I absolutely love the Sandbar and can't wait to go back.

Sent on 10/07/2010

Audrey · Married on 05/21/2010

I cannot say enough about how awesome the sandbar was! Patti was so easy to work with, organized, always responsive to my e-mails and phone calls, and kept the stress down and the fun high.
    She was always happy and available to meet with me when I would take a trip down to Florida to wedding plan. I would recommend using the sandbar for your event, it was truly a dream wedding.
    We also chose to have the sandbar do our decorating and silk flowers. (since real flowers wilt in the hot florida sun). Jan did our flowers there, and they were amazing. My bridal bouquet was beautiful, and she had it ready over a week in advance so I could preview it and know it was exactly what I wanted. She had the Arbor decorated for our rehearsal, and had very creative ideas. (like starfish boutinerres!)
    The day of the wedding, they always checked in with me, had everything layed out in my bridal room for me, set up everything (I literally dumped a couple boxes there and they went through everything and set it up)...I cannot say enough about them.
    The venue workers and servers were professional, available to our guests, the bartender was friendly and almost immediately knew who was drinking what...again cannot say enough!
    Our food was delicious, the buffet set-up was beautiful with small lights and ocean themed decor. The food was hot, yummy, and they even packed us a to-go container with the food that was leftover.
    I RECOMMEND THEM STRONGLY, AND WOULDN'T HAVE CHANGED A THING ABOUT MY WEDDING DAY THERE!
    ~Audrey W.

Sent on 06/03/2010

Erica · Married on 05/14/2010

Patti and Janice help my wedding a huge success and the location was amazing. Can not wait to go back and celebrate our anniversary!

Sent on 06/12/2010