The Grand Pavilion at The Sandbar Reviews

157 | Anna Maria, FL

157 Reviews for The Grand Pavilion at The Sandbar

Paresa · Married on 04/08/2016

The venue was beautiful! The staff set up quickly and we're professional and helpful throughout the evening. Patti was a pleasure to work with and put me at ease by answering all questions and responding quickly to me as I planned from out of town. I highly recommend the sandbar for your wedding!

Sent on 04/11/2016

Melissa · Married on 03/24/2016

Gorgeous venue, amazing staff, awesome food. Everyone was extremely professional. Patti was a dream to work with. I could not have done this without her. She is an amazing assett to the team. Very responsive, never acted as though my questions were stupid or irrelevant. I love The Sandbar and I love Patti! Thank you for making our day perfect!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Shauna · Married on 01/02/2016

We had an absolutely amazing experience here. We had our wedding on the beach and reception under the pavilion. Everyone was extremely helpful and accommodating. I was nervous trying to plan a destination wedding but the planners made it simple. The first time round we had to reschedule 5 days before the wedding as my fiance had gotten into a car accident. They were understanding and worked with us to pick a new date and even sent him a plant while he was in the hospital. It was an an amazing experience and I could not have asked for such amazing staff. They literally went above and beyond making sure that our day was spectacular!

Sent on 12/05/2017

The Grand Pavilion at The Sandbar's reply:

Shauna, you were a wonderful bride to work with and we appreciate your review! Please stop in for a visit when you are in town, we would love to see you again. Best of luck to you and Cliff!
  • Jinny

Jinny · Married on 11/08/2015

The Sandbar was the perfect location for us. We wanted relaxed and fun and that's exactly what they delivered. We met with Patti on our first visit and she remained available to us for the next 9 months. She responded quickly to every little email I sent. We had a large wedding for the venue but everything turned out great. They had the venue ready early on the morning of the wedding so we had extra time to set up. Patti did a great job running our event also. It started to sprinkle right as the wedding was supposed to start so they had prepared for rain off and on for the last 30 mins leading up to the ceremony. Everything turned out PERFECT! It was more than we had hoped for.

Sent on 12/01/2015
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/24/2015

The staff was professional, courteous, and provided outstanding customer service. The venue was top notch and made the wedding the best we have ever experienced. We enjoyed the 20% military discountg on the venue, and the staff fed the bride, groom, DJ and Photographer for free. The food was outstanding! We were upgraded to Grouper over Mahi Mahi at no charge. The BBQ Shrimp appetizer was a crowd favorite. The Prime Rib and Chicken Marsala was delicious. The chocolate fountain with fruit tree was very nice, but we ran out of fruit quickly.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Holly · Married on 10/16/2015

When we started wedding planning, a friend suggested we check out The Sandbar. I love Anna Maria, and I emailed Patti (their event coordinator) and asked about their weddings. She promptly got back in touch with me, and we set up an appointment to discuss things. We had never eaten their, so we decided to go down a little early and have lunch prior to our appointment with Patti. The view from the restaurant, and then the food, convinced us that we'd found our venue. When we met with her, she was very open and accommodating to our ideas, and basically said "Whatever you want, we'll do what we can to make your dream wedding a reality." Patti was a true Godsend. I emailed her multiple times, and she always responded promptly-- making suggestions, helping with vendors, etc..
    When we went for the tasting, the food was amazing. My then-fiancee had asked if we could have their shrimp and grits as an appetizer, and of course, she said "absolutely." They brought out plate after plate of food for us to try.
    Our reception was amazing... they had the pavilion beautifully decorated, and everything went above my expectations. Again, Patti was like my fairy godmother, saying "this is going to be amazing" when I was worried that the overcast skies would prevent the sunset photos I'd been hoping for. Many guests came up and told me that they'd love to get married at the Sandbar, or wish they had known of it when they were getting married.
    Patti and everyone we dealt with at the Sandbar demonstrated nothing but professionalism, and a true desire to make our day unbelievably special.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Kirsti · Married on 07/17/2015

The Sandbar was the perfect location for our beautiful beach wedding! We were unfamiliar with the island and the area, but we were lucky enough to have gotten a wonderful recommendation from a family friend who also had a wedding there. Throughout the entire planning process, Patti, the event coordinator, was incredibly helpful and accommodating. Any little questions that I had, she was more than happy to answer and very quick to respond. When we made the trip from Indiana to Anna Maria Island to meet with our vendors, the chef and Patti were both very receptive to our vision and preferences. The staff went above and beyond for our food tasting and provided many options for us. All were delicious and it was very hard to make a decision. When meeting with Patti, I was able to show her all of my pins from Pinterest and she had all of the decorations that I could ever want there, in house. She even had options that I hadn't even thought about! They definitely know how to create a beautiful beach wedding and make the bridal party and families feel special.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Jenna · Married on 05/22/2015

Patti was great she helped with all my crazy questions and made sure everything was perfect on our big day the sandbar is a great place to say I do... It was beautiful romantic and laid back excaxtly what we were looking for... The food was amazing! Everyone is still raving!

Sent on 05/29/2015

The Sandbar's team and especially Patti did an amazing job!!! Everything went perfect and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding day! I would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a beach wedding at the best location in Florida.

Sent on 05/18/2015

Susan · Married on 03/27/2015

These people were so amazing g to work with!! Everything was beautiful and easy and they took such wonderful care of my husband and I!! We can't wait to spend every anniversary here

Sent on 06/15/2015

Todd · Married on 01/24/2015

We had our Wedding and Reception at the Sandbar Restaurant on 1/24/15. If there was only one word to describe the entire day it would be "PERFECTION". We only took 2 months to plan the entire wedding and selecting the Sandbar for not only the beautiful location but for the services that they provided made our lives so much easier. Working with Patti at the Sandbar was such a pleasure. She was able to accommodate all of our requests and even offer some great ideas. She also did a great job coordinating with the other vendors that we had hired to capture "Our Special Day", the florist as well as the live entertainment. We felt very comfortable with working with Patti that when we found out that she could also perform the ceremony we hired her for that as well.

During the entire day everyone had such an outstanding time that we still get phone calls telling us how amazing it was for them to experience. We are still in awe with how the staff at the Sandbar worked together to pull off such an amazing day for us. From the Ceremony setup and the Reception decor to the phenomenal food, every detail was perfect. How they worked with the DJ to keep everything running so smoothly was exceptional. We were so concerned that we would be so stressed dealing with all the different vendors that we would not truly enjoy the day with each other and our family. Thanks to the Sandbar staff those concerns were never an issue. Even when I forgot the vase for the very important sand ceremony, Patti again came to the rescue and was able to provide us with something that she was able to find that worked perfectly.

We cannot not thank the staff at the Sandbar, Coordinated by Patti, enough for the outstanding job that they did for us.

Thanks Again,
    Todd & Anny

Sent on 03/09/2015

Leah · Married on 11/06/2014

The Sandbar is the most beautiful place on Anna Maria Island to have a wedding. Our wedding day was absolutely magical and the sunset was beautiful! Patti the wedding coordinator was amazing to work with, quick to respond and extremely helpful! Her and her staff did an exceptional job during our wedding and we loved every minute of it! Thank you again to The Sandbar and to Patti for making our wedding day amazing!!!

Love, Leah and Mark
    (Boston - Nov 6th, 2014)

Sent on 11/11/2014
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 11/03/2014

We were married at the Sandbar and had our reception on the beach under the pavilion. It was my dream wedding come true! Everything was absolutely perfect! Patti and her team were so great to work with and she answered all of my questions promptly via email in the year leading up to the wedding. On the day of the wedding when I went to set some things up it was amazing to see my dreams coming to life. Everything was just as I wanted it. My guests all said it was the best wedding food they ever had. Seriously, everything was perfect. You can not go wrong getting married here and the value is outstanding!

Sent on 12/02/2014

Michelle · Married on 11/01/2014

Patti was the best wedding coordinator anyone could ever ask for! She handled everything perfectly and made our wedding go off without a hitch! She helped us coordinate every detail from start to finish - Even details we hadn't thought of! She walked us through the rehearsal and on the wedding day, she stood right by our side giving everyone their cue to walk out so the timing was perfect! When we somehow managed to forget the fabric to go over the arch and when we couldn't find the colored sand for our sand ceremony, she miraculously came up with some fabric and sand for us - All of which were the exact colors we had originally planned! She checked on myself and my husband all evening to ensure we had everything we needed and to make sure we ate dinner and always had a drink in hand and a smile on our faces! I could not have imagined a better team than Patti and the Sandbar staff!!

Sent on 07/22/2015

If you are looking for a beach wedding and reception, this is your place! The Sandbar was absolutely amazing. The staff were extremely friendly to all of our guests and more than accommodating. With more then 300 wedding a year, Patti is the best at her job and responsive to all requests. Definitely recommend this place.

Sent on 11/02/2014

We had our wedding at the Sandbar on October 5th. Everything was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. The food was amazing, the weather was amazing, and the view is beautiful! The Sandbar is a great value compared to other beach venues! We are so glad we had our wedding here. If you want a wedding your guests will remember, this is the place to have it!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/06/2014

Patti and her staff did an amazing job setting up and helping us. Both the ceremony and reception site were absolutely beautiful. Everyone was friendly from the second we looked at the site prior to booking to the night of the wedding. The food from cocktail hour and dinner was amazing and complimented by all guests. We were very excited to see our sweetheart table have a full plate of each cocktail hour dish that was served to ensure we ate something after photos. Throughout the evening staff multiple times came and offered to get us drinks. This venue has perfected the art of wedding planning and couldn't have been more helpful. I would highly recommend the sandbar to any bride looking for the perfect wedding on Anna Maria Island.

Sent on 09/25/2014

Dean · Married on 07/11/2014

Patti -
    As Michele and I have just returned from our honeymoon, we wanted to take a moment to thank you and each of the staff members at the Sandbar for making our wedding/reception a spectacular and memorable occasion. From the set-up on the beach, to the beautifully decorated pavilion, to the delicious meal, to the incredibly pleasant and attentive staff, our expectations were exceeded in every case. Every time we talk about any piece of the evening, we continue to exclaim how truly outstanding it was. Our guests from Ohio had never experienced anything like this wedding, and it continues to be the talk of our little corner of the world up here (as well as Facebook). As a church organist I have had the opportunity to do hundreds of weddings in many venues. I have also worked with numerous wedding coordinators. I can say that you, the Sandbar, and all of your staff were one of the most pleasant and accommodating venues I have ever worked with – there seemed to be no request that wasn’t possible and taken care of without question or complication. Your recommendations on choices and people to use were top-notch. We cannot say enough wonderful about our event and how it was hosted by you folks. Thank you for making it such a special and memorable event. - Dean & Michele, Wayne, OH

Sent on 07/31/2014

Great staff and location. Best on the island.

Sent on 08/11/2014
  • amberjeffvadas

Amber · Married on 06/27/2014

My husband and I could not be more pleased with Patti and the services at the Sandbar on Anna Maria Island. Patti is seriously the best. Since we live in Indiana I had to communicate with Patti mostly with email, and she was very responsive and ALWAYS kind and respectful . Honestly she has a way about her that just makes you feel like family. Jeff and I are so pleased with her ability to provide us with our idea of a perfect wedding! I have not one thing negative to say about Patti, but the only thing that I would say negatively is that they had to close our ceremony down at 10pm. It was very upsetting but I am told it is due to turtle season that time of the year on Anna Maria Island which is understandable. Other than that I would HIGHLY recommend Patti and her staff for anyone looking for a beach wedding!!!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Jen · Married on 05/04/2014

Patti and the Sandbar staff did a fantastic job with our reception. The set up and break down was very quick and efficient. Throughout the entire reception the entire staff went out of their way to accommodate everything we asked. The food was so delicious! I cannot thank Patti and the Sandbar enough for all of their hard work on our event.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Jilian · Married on 04/11/2014

The Sandbar was such a perfect venue for our wedding. All of our guests loved being right on the beach and getting to have their toes in the sand for both the ceremony and reception. It's a small venue but they make the space work perfectly! We had the buffet, bar, photo booth, dance floor, and corn hole boards set up and everything felt comfortable and not cramped at all. Once the sun went down, the pavilion lit up so beautifully! This venue, combined with all of the great vendors we chose, really made our wedding absolutely perfect!

Sent on 04/17/2014

Kristina · Married on 04/06/2014

Patti and Ashley were amazing to work with! Our wedding was absolutely perfect, and we were so happy we chose The Sandbar for our venue!

Sent on 04/16/2014
  • Jessie

Jessie · Married on 04/05/2014

I don't have enough room to write all the great things I have to say about the SandBar. They did such an AMAZING job with my wedding of 120 guests. Patti their event coordinator was so extremely great, she was promptly responsive to my every need and extremely professional. I received so many compliments on the venue, decor and the outstanding food! All of which were provided by The SandBar. They really went above and beyond and I can't thank them enough. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone interested.

Sent on 04/07/2014

The Sandbar is located right on the beach on beautiful Anna Maria Island. The pavilion was perfect for our afternoon/ evening reception. The staff was friendly, the food was delicious, and the view was incredible. The Sandbar helped make our perfect day even better!

Sent on 04/07/2014