The Grand Oak Villa Reviews

The Grand Oak Villa 3
The Grand Oak Villa 4
The Grand Oak Villa 5

Alesha · Married on 03/14/2015

I absolutely KNEW this was the place for our wedding the moment I sent eyes on the gorgeous chandeliers!! The place in and of itself is beautiful! The tall white columns welcoming you inside and the large fountain water feature in the lobby were over the top! Don't forget to make a wish....as your dreams will certainly come true here!!!
    Angela and Carol are absolutely AMAZING. The MOST professional people but so warm when you speak to them. They always made me feel like family, always there to answer a question and to make sure we had everything we wanted. They were there for us from the first tour with them to the day after the wedding when we were picking up items left.
    Their staff is just as impeccable as they are! They had a girl with me throughout the entire wedding night, although I hardly knew she was there. I would turn around and she was ready to answer any question I had. She even reminded me my food was plated, with all the talking to family and friends, I so NEEDED that!!!
    Their food was outstanding! You can't go wrong with the Prime Rib, Chicken Marsala or the Tilapia Francaise, or my personal fav, the penne ala vodka!!! We've received non-stop raves from our family and friends. Everything came out on time, no cold meals, everyone was HAPPY!
    We booked the winter wedding package and it was a FANTASTIC deal! Worth more than what they are asking, but shhhhh don't tell them I said that! The package included DJ (DJ Int'l) and Cake (Modern Pastry). Both excellent vendors (reviewed individually)!!!
    Grand Oak Villa is THE best wedding venue and they only bring in the best, from staff to house vendors! You WILL NOT be disappointed going with them. I feel the most important thing I can say is, when you are there with them YOU ARE FAMILY!!!! That feeling is MORE valuable than anything else I can say.
    I only hope I can be a guest at a wedding there so I can enjoy it again...SO INVITE ME!!! J/JK!
    All the best,
    The new MRS Lanuto

Sent on 03/25/2015

Lauren · event on: 03/01/2015

Amazing experience!! I work in this industry and had high expectations that GOV staff and carol surpassed! Will be looking to GOV for future events for certain!

Sent on 04/02/2015

The grand oak villa did an amazing job for our wedding! From the beginning planning process to breakdown after the wedding they made everything completely stress free. They had an amazing all inclusive winter package and were very accommodating on little changes we wanted to make. The venue itself is also gorgeous, we could not have asked for anything else on our wedding day! I can't tell you how many times we used the word "perfect". Have recommended them to a few people already!

Sent on 03/29/2015

Kelley · Married on 09/06/2014

Everything was amazing! I could not have asked for a better venue or service! The food was great the room was beautiful and the service was excellent!!!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Dina · Married on 06/28/2014

I had my daughters wedding at Grand Oak Villa on June 28th. From the beginning it was a difficult arrangement because she lives overseas and I had to make sure all the accommodations went according to plan. Angie was incredibly helpful. She was calm and confident that all would go well. When we walked into the room, I was astounded by how beautiful everything looked. Most venues charge for up lighting. Grand Oak looked elegant and ready to accommodate almost 200 people. Although there were several toasts, the servers were very patient and delivered the food on time and cooked to perfection. I've heard so many nightmare stories from other brides about their venues. So many things can go wrong. I am still getting phone calls and emails about what a beautiful wedding it was...thanks to Grand Oak and it's professional and well trained staff! I would not hesitate to refer Grand Oak to any bride who wants a beautiful wedding!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Highly recommend to any bride and groom. Excellent service, excellent food, everything and anything you could want for your wedding and reasonably priced.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Grace · Married on 09/14/2013

AMAZING!!! Everything came out exactly how I wanted it and I couldn't be happier with the results. I had some last minute complications and they were very helpful, they are truly a great staff. The facility looked amazing, the food was by far the best food that I have ever had at a wedding. Everything was extremely delicious. My family and I continue to rave about how amazing the food was!! I would recommend the Grand Oak Villa for any wedding hands down!! If you want your wedding to be talked about and remembered for years Grand Oak Villa is the place to have your wedding!!!!

Sent on 09/27/2013

JASON · Married on 04/27/2013

The Grand Oak Villa was AMAZING!!!!! From day one they were so helpful with planning every aspect of our wedding reception. The staff was knowledgeable and were a great help in making all of our decisions. The day of the wedding everything went perfectly, even better than expected. The facility was beautiful and everything was arranged just as we had asked. They made every accommodation for us. The food is second to none, and trust me I love to eat. Our day was perfect in every way and we owe a great deal of that to the Grand Oak Villa.

Sent on 05/02/2013

We absolutely loved The Grand Oakvilla and highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for fabulous food, wonderful venue, and amazing staff. The food was outstanding, Mike and Ang went above and beyond our expectations. People that have attended our wedding still say that it was the best wedding food that they have ever had. Carol and Ang were extremely helpful in planning our special day, we couldn't have done it without them. The staff was attentive, friendly, and worked extremely hard to ensure that the night was successful. We love the Grand Oakvilla and thank them for an amazing night!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Jean · Married on 09/01/2012

The Grand Oak Villa did a terrific job as always on our wedding reception. Everything was taken care from the biggest details to the smallest. The Grand Oak Villa's staff is unbelievable, they are very professional, thoughtful and courtesy. Alot of my guests have commented on what a great wedding and it was the Best they had gone too! Thanks to the Grand Oak! The food was great as always and in abundance! Thank you so much to the Grand Oak for making our day that much more special!

Sent on 10/10/2012

This was by far the best wedding I have ever been to! Their level of professionalism and all the fine details expertly executed - just perfect!
    There wasn't a thing to worry about ! Just perfect and the food was amazing ! Great spots to take photos this was the best place for a wedding!

Sent on 10/10/2012

The Grand Oak Villa did a fantastic job for Jean & Carlos wedding. The food was great, as always.

Sent on 10/12/2012

I attended the most beautiful reception at the Grand Oak Villa!!! The food was extremely good, the service was top notch, I would absolutely recommend this venue for any function you may be planning on having.

Sent on 10/29/2012

Our wedding day was perfect! We couldn't have asked for more. The food was out of this world and or guests had a wonderful time. The service was fabulous and the staff at GOV catered to everyone's needs.

Although GOV plans countless weddings a year, they keep the event for every client special and unique. Not only do the DiStasi's run an exceptional business, but they treat their clients like family.

Thanks GOV!!

Sent on 01/11/2013

The grand oak villa is wonderful. Carol was a doll. They absolutely deliver everything that you want and ask for. There was nt a thing that was missed or omitted. Absolutely professional and personal! They made it feel effortless to pull off such a magical day!

Sent on 09/27/2012

Lindsay and Joe · Married on 07/14/2012

From the moment we were engaged, we knew we wanted to have our wedding reception at The Grand Oak Villa. We enjoyed many events at the Grand Oak previous to our wedding and we knew that they would do a phenomenal job. They were extremely organized and helpful during the planning process. They worked together with our other vendors to create a beautiful reception. The food was incredible, as always, and we received many, many compliments from happy guests. The servers did a wonderful job throughout the night as well. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding reception, and give The Grand Oak Villa our highest recommendation!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Deanna · Married on 10/01/2011

We must say that The Grand Oak Villa was great to us. They help us out in every way possible. On our wedding day they called because it had rained the night before and the grass was wet, they then called us back at 3pm to let us know the grass was still a bit wet and wanted to know if we still wanted to get married on the grass. The food was great the service was wonderful if I have any other occasion that I need a venue for I would go back to them. Carol answered our email question quick and to the point. Because we live in Milford and have jobs and a family it was not so easy for us trying to make sure that everything at the venue went well I am truly grateful for there services. Once again thank you guys for everything we had a great time and the food and service was great!

Sent on 01/10/2012
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 08/20/2011

Angela is amazing! She is very catering to you and super understanding. I got married there and also had my reception there. Food is AWESOME and the prices are very reasonable. Venue was beautiful, grounds are beautiful. THANK YOU ALL at GOA!!! Thank you for making my wedding day so special!

Sent on 09/04/2011

Dawn · Married on 06/14/2008

Angela is the owner, although this is a family operated business. The food is unlike anything I've ever had. We literally had an 8 course meal, with sorbet intermezzo, and even a venetian table. The food was divine- in appearance, taste and quantity. People are still talking about my wedding! The wedding cake looked precisely as I'd hoped for. The staff were all warm, welcoming, and cordial. I would do the whole thing over with them!!

Sent on 11/03/2008

Raechel · Married on 06/15/2007

I was pleased with the quality of food for the price! The food, service, cleanliness, and dedication was EXCELLENT!!!!

Sent on 03/08/2008

Edna · event on: 03/28/2015

The venue set up was beautiful. The food was wonderful. The staff was outstanding to work with and made you feel like family.

Sent on 04/01/2015

Marianne · event on: 02/28/2015

Accominating, friendly very helpful, food was amazing
    Carol went above and beyond to incorporate our ideas into an awesome event.
    A month later, people are still talking about how good everything was.

Sent on 03/29/2015
  • Kristen

Kristen Sawyer Moreira · Married on 05/10/2019

Best Day Ever!

The Grand Oak was there for us to make every detail that we wanted come through! The food was amazing, the decor exactly what we wanted and the staff were so helpful and friendly. Thank you all for making this day so amazing for us!

The Grand Oak Villa 6
    Sent on 10/28/2019

The Grand Oak Villa's reply:

Hi Kristen,
    Thank-you so much for your kind words! All of us at The Grand Oak Villa were so happy to be a part of your special day. We wish you many, many years of love, laughter, and happiness!!!

Angie is one of the sweetest people I know. Made us very happy. Working them was a pleasure.
    They recommended my dj Joe polleta and the wedding elites who were great too.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Briana Peet · Married on 10/26/2019

The best day of my life

My now husband and I were very tired of looking at wedding venues and none of them sticking out to us.
    We were making exceptions for things that we didn't want to make exceptions for, and it was becoming frustrating. We decided to give GOV a shot and the second we walked in we knew that this was the venue for us. Everyone was super accommodating and the food is some of the best we've ever had! ((PS- go for the coconut shrimp, you'll thank me later). Affordable as well, considering all the other venues we have seen were charging a minimum of $10 dollars more per person with less things included.

The Grand Oak Villa 7
    The Grand Oak Villa 19
    The Grand Oak Villa 20
    Sent on 11/06/2019

The Grand Oak Villa's reply:

Thank you so much Briana!! Your wedding was so beautiful, unique and really stood out as who you both are as a couple. You are NOT kidding about the coconut shrimp!! We wish you many years of happy wedding bliss!