The Grand at 1600 Reviews

42 | Lakewood, NJ

42 Reviews for The Grand at 1600

• Raymond & Cassandra

Cassandra · Married on 04/08/2017

The Grand at 1600 is ran by very exceptional people! We just got married there last week, April 8th 2017 and I can't even wait to write this review!! From the first moment of talking with Colleen and Ed we knew this was where our wedding dreams would come true! They both helped us every step of the way and they were both very accommodating into making our day the Most Perfectly, Smooth and Bright Wedding Day! Colleen and Ed was by our side every single step of the way, responded to all emails/phone calls/texts within minutes! I love the venue and staff so much that during our own reception, I was making recommendations to our newly engaged friends attending!!! The food is unbelievably delicious, the entire staff treats you and all your guests like family, the whole venue is absolutely gorgeous in every way! We were married in the courtyard outside which was stunning decorated by my mother-in-law, Carolann Rooney-Benedetti, who owns "Carolann's Heart". The hotel is attached to the venue which makes this very accommodating for all your guests, not to even mention that the Garden State Parkway Entrance/Exit is just up the block. If you're looking for a gorgeous and stunning venue that will help to accommodate all your guests, all your professionals, any budget, any style, any event, then, this, Ladies and Gentlemen is where you want to host your event! We cannot thank The Grand at 1600 enough for making our wedding day so intimate, so perfect, and such a very joyous occasion for my husband and I and our family and friends! Our wedding will be the topic of discussion for years to come, thanks to The Grand at 1600 for being so attentive to all our guests, family and friends! 5 stars DOES NOT even begin to describe The Grand at 1600!

Sent on 04/13/2017

Danielle · Married on 10/22/2016

Colleen and Ed made us feel like family from the very beginning. They gave us the opportunity to have the wedding my husband and I always wanted. The service was impeccable. Our parents could not believe how attentive the staff was. The guests still can't stop talking about how much fun they had!

Sent on 01/28/2017
  • W

Walter · Married on 07/08/2016

We cannot thank The Grand at 1600 enough for such an amazing time. You look forward to your wedding your whole life and our night could not have been more perfect. The staff at The Grand at 1600 are miles ahead of anyone in the industry. We will be talking about our wedding for years to come! Our guests had such a great time they have not stopped thanking us for such a beautiful wedding. We are very grateful to have had such a great group of people bring our dream to life.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Diane · Married on 06/18/2016

A perfect affair!! Food was excellent service was exceptional and the rooms impressive. Still getting accolades from our guests!!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Brigida · Married on 05/29/2016

We had a beautiful wedding at the Grand! Colleen and Ed were so professional and helpful. The service was unimaginable- we didn't want for a thing!
    We also got the best value for our money. We had open bar and a massive amount of great food! My family and friends loved it!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Suzanne · Married on 05/28/2016

If you are looking for somewhere that is beautiful, accommodating, makes you feel like the most important person in the world, and gives you SO much for your money, look no further! We planned long distance, and Colleen was there the entire time to keep my stress and worries at bay. Whether it be via phone or email, she was so fast to respond with any and all questions that I had (no matter how many I had). She spent so much time walking me through the whole entire day, so I wouldn't be nervous or unaware of how things would go.

The day of, she did nothing but make sure that everything went smoothly, even when things weren't perfect (as will happen with ANY wedding). She stayed right by our side all the way until I walked down the aisle--even going as far as stooping behind me to give my train one last "fluff" before the walk. After, they all made sure that we had plenty of food and drink, even though we were so busy visiting and enjoying our guests. Colleen even went as far as fixing me a plate and CUTTING UP MY FOOD so it was easier for me to enjoy.

The staff was phenomenal. So professional and kind. My guests were blown away by how wonderful and smooth everything was. They were never bored, never sat around waiting, and had so much to eat and drink. If you feel like you will go hungry, think again! They made sure that all of our guests were taken care of, which took so much stress off of me. Because of the wonderful owner, coordinators, and staff, I was able to just relax and enjoy our special day without any stress or worry whatsoever. Words cannot express my gratitude. Thank you so much for making our wedding something phenomenal!!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Jeff · Married on 05/20/2016

Colleen was great and felt she went above and beyond what was expected! And when she wasn't available, the other staff definitely picked up the game and was very helpful. We had a flawless night and all guests were pleased and enjoyed themselves. I would definitely recommend the venue to all and have two other daughters to marry and would use this again. The per person cost for having the open bar during the whole reception was very much a value too! The courtyard was used for the wedding and was set up to meet the need of the bride & groom . We were welcome & facilitated while the bridesmaid and others for set up prior to the event.

Sent on 08/03/2016

The Grand is not only beautiful but ed and colleen go above and beyond whenever I had a question and I had many they were always so patient with me I would call and if they were busy they called right back.The food is delicious and the staff is really sweet.Thank you Ed and colleen for making my happily ever after.Oh and the day of my wedding colleen made sure everything was perfect she truly is an angel thank you from the bottom of my heart Colleen and Ed.

Sent on 04/25/2016

Jenny · Married on 04/01/2016

Working with Colleen to plan our day couldn't have been better. Whatever ideas we had or issues that came up, she was willing to work with us to make everything come out great. The staff during our reception was amazing and Ed, the owner, was on hand to offer assistance and ensure the night went smoothly. The food and desserts were incredible; for weeks we received compliments from friends and family in attendance about how great a time they had and how much they enjoyed the never-ending food and dessert choices. We're so happy that we stopped in to check The Grand out...now it will always be etched in our memories.

Sent on 05/20/2016

Belinda · Married on 03/20/2016

Thank you so much for a wonderful job on our wedding. Colleen was fabulous. She helped with everything and worked with in our budget. The staff was friendly. I totally recommend this place...

Sent on 04/03/2016

Ashley · Married on 11/20/2015

Colleen, Ed, and the entire team at The Grand at 1600 are amazing!! They made our wedding day truly the best day of our lives! They were always there to answer questions and helped with everything we needed along the way! The food was amazing and the space is gorgeous! We still get comments from friends and family about the venue and the level of service everyone received. Thank you so much to the entire team at The Grand!! <3 Vincent and Ashley

Sent on 01/16/2016
  • Z

Z · Married on 10/10/2015

We got married 100 days after our engagement day. Colleen and Ed helped us to pull off a great wedding in this short time. We had several last minute changes and they were able to accommodate and keep things running smooth.

One of the reasons we picked the Grand was that they only do one wedding at a time and focus their full staff on your event. They also have an outdoor courtyard to conduct the ceremony on site.

We had great weather and were able to conduct our ceremony in the courtyard outside. As the sun went down and the temperature got a little cooler, they brought out some gas heaters to keep us warm.

As for the reception indoors, we did no decorating and the place was beautiful. All comments from our guests were positive and many made note of the fast, professional, attentive service and the delicious food.

Our recommendation to other couples would be to get in contact with them so you can attend one of their bridal shows. This will give you a chance to taste some of their great food and make informed selections for your event.

One final note is on their arrangements with the hotel next door. We were provided the bridal suite at no additional charge. Our out-of-town guests were given discount rates to stay at the hotel as well.

Sent on 12/19/2015

Max · Married on 07/23/2015

My wife and I absolutely love The Grand at 1600. Make an appointment to check it out in person. You will be very impressed! Everyone was super nice and went the extra mile to make our reception super special. The food was absolutely delicious. The decor was beautiful. Everyone who attended said they had a wonderful time. We highly recommend it!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Kellie · Married on 02/25/2018

This venue and the people behind it are amazing. I cannot recommend The Grand at 1600 highly enough. They helped make my wedding a dream come true. The staff are all very detail oriented, patient, and kind. You will not be disappointed when you choose to book your next event here. Colleen and Ed went above and beyond my expectations.

Sent on 05/08/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/19/2018

My fiance and I had our reception at The Grand at 1600 and were very happy! They offer many wedding expos which allows you to taste their food, and see how a wedding would be held there. Their expos were helpful because we were able to taste different foods. Colleen and Ed answer SO QUICKLY to any and all questions you may have, even extensive list of questions you may have! They were incredibly flexible with everything and the reception was exactly how we imagined. I had A LOT of decorations, and I'm pretty sure they were a bit annoyed with the amount of stuff I had due to a comment that was made, which makes me feel kind of bad. However, the guests enjoyed everything and I was so happy with how everything turned out. Victoria, the maitre'd was very nice and kept everything running smoothly. A couple of guests, and two of my bridesmaids said Colleen wasn't very friendly during the reception which was surprising to me because I had a wonderful experience with the owners. Regardless, we had the time of our lives and were very satisfied with the process. Oh and the food is FANTASTIC and our guests keep talking about how great the food was and how quick the staff was!

Sent on 08/03/2018

David · Married on 03/03/2018

Colleen & Ed did an amazing job in helping us with our wedding. They guided us every step of the way from helping us choose the decor to the rehearsal. Whenever we had a question, they answered it promptly. They recommended the right people we needed to talk too. We would highly recommend the Grand for any event you might have in mind.

Sent on 05/01/2018
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 06/11/2017

The wedding has not taken place yet but, so far so good! I am constantly emailing Colleen. She is very responsive and attentive. She has answered all of my questions in a timely manner. Very friendly staff. Can't wait for the BIG day!

Sent on 02/10/2017