The Grand at 1600 Reviews

42 | Lakewood, NJ

42 Reviews for The Grand at 1600

Sally Casale · Married on 01/18/2020

Sweet 16 - January 18, 2020

The Grand at 1600 is amazing from start to finish!!!! Colleen at the Grand is the BEST!!!! The food, staff, setup was absolutely amazing!!!! The ballroom was beautiful! They made my daughter's Sweet 16 better than we could have ever imagined!!!! My princess had her fairytale party! Thank you Colleen...you are family to us!!!!!

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Mullen · Married on 09/21/2019

Fantastic Wedding Experience

I am so glad we had our wedding at The Grand at 1600! Ed and Colleen were so helpful before and during the wedding. They worked well with our other vendors, DJ, photobooth etc. We were able to come in early the day of to decorate the room. The ballroom space was the perfect size and looked amazing. Their expert staff set and decorated all the tables just as I had asked. I felt confident that everything was being handled and we could enjoy the day.

Colleen made sure my husband and I had plenty of delicious food to eat before we headed into the reception! We got to taste everything, we didn't miss out. Thank you!!! The Grand made everything seamless for us and our guests. It was truly a perfect day for us!

Sent on 10/10/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/20/2019

Dream come true

From the very first day when we had the pleasure of meeting Colleen, and throughout our entire planning experience, you were able to somehow make the process trouble free and allowed both of us to just relax and simply look forward to enjoying the day.The room set-up and courtyard ceremony for the wedding service were absolutely breathtaking. The reception looked just incredible, the cocktail hour was beautifully done, and the variety of food was spectacular. the quality of the dinner service from start to finish was absolutely wonderful. Thank you for your total professionalism and attention to detail while helping us to prepare for the most important day of our lives. We will continue to have a lifetime of memories because of your time. Colleen and Ed are amazing. Would suggest this venue to everyone, it's perfect. Price was great, food was great, everything was amazing. Thank you so much, Ashley&Stephanie

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Z

z · Married on 09/09/2019

Fantastic hall!!

The grand at 1600 is fantastic! If you’re looking for an affordable but stylish hall, Colleen and Ed will take excellent care of you from start to finish. Food was great, atmosphere was amazing and a great time was had by all. Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Lewis · Married on 07/27/2019

Best day ever

This venue was absolutely amazing. The food was nothing shy of perfection and everyone had a great time. Thank you for making our wedding the best

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Julia77

Julia · Married on 05/25/2019

Hidden Gem!

I cannot say enough positive things about the Grand! We had our wedding there May 25th 2019. Colleen & Ed always answered all of our many questions and really ensured that we had the perfect day! The food was absolutely phenomenal and plentiful! My guests were stunned by quality of service and how much great food there was! Not to mention, they have unbeatable packages, that you will not find elsewhere! They really made it an amazing, stress free and beautiful event for us and our guests. You definitely want to book here! Great location as well!

Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Jazmine

Jazmine · Married on 05/18/2019

Perfection

Colleen and Ed are absolutely amazing!!! They make sure all your dreams come true.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Maria Richards · Married on 11/04/2018

Richards Wedding

I can not say enough great things to explain our experience in planning the wedding of our dreams. Ever since my husband and I first walked into The Grand we were greeted with smiles and professionalism that exceeded my expectations. We are beyond grateful. Colleen and Ed are fantastic and made everything simple and to the point. Everyone and I mean everyone enjoyed themselves and especially enjoyed the food. My husband and I are forever grateful!!

Sent on 12/02/2018

lauren · Married on 10/13/2018

One word: amazing

I couldn’t wait to write this review. I can’t say enough good things about this venue! We just had our wedding on 10/13/18 and it was all we could ever had hoped for and more! Ed and Colleen from the start were amazing, weren’t trying to push us into using their venue and just went with the flow. They make you feel so comfortable and welcome you with open arms. Everyone kept raving about how much fun they had and how good the food was! They decorated how I told them to and went above and beyond for us the moment we met them. Colleen was my maitre d for the night since the other girl was sick and let me tell you she was the absolute BEST! She made sure I was having the best time ever and was always right there when I needed her. I assure you if you pick this venue you will not be disappointed! To this day(12/3/18) we are still getting compliments on the entire wedding and how nice our venue was.

Sent on 12/03/2018

Emma · Married on 08/12/2018

On August 12 I married my best friend and our night was magical!!!! Colleen was exceptional.... She had the patience of a saint and she was able to calmly and professionally deal with all of my phone calls.... She went above and beyond the call of duty and so did Ed and all of the staff at the Grand at 1600 on our big day!!!! Everything was simply beautiful and I would recommend this venue and their services to anyone who wants their special day to memorable....

Sent on 08/26/2018

brittany · Married on 08/11/2018

Colleen and her staff were EXCEPTIONAL! My daughter’s wedding was perfect! Highly recommend The Grand. The hall, the food and the service was 5 star.
    Darci Gianokos

Sent on 07/16/2018

Tara · Married on 08/04/2018

Everything from the planning to day-of-execution was done with an effortless grace by the owner, Ed and the director of catering, Colleen. Victoria outdid herself as Maitre'd, as numerous friends and family have shared with us that it was "the best wedding they've been to". The venue nicely accommodated our guest list of about 150 people. Last but not least, a huge reason why everyone was so pleased was because of the food. The chef, Dan put together a delicious menu, from the cocktail hour through dessert.

Sent on 08/24/2018

Celia · Married on 05/19/2018

My Husband and I got married at The Grand on 5/19/18, and I must say that from the day we started looking for a venue nothing stood out like The Grand. My husband had said he would not take a place seriously if the place did not take us seriously. When we met Colleen at The Grand she was everything we were looking for. She was professional, she knew the answers to our questions without missing a beat, and added a compassionate touch that showed she cared not about booking a wedding and taking money, but about making our wedding the best day of our lives. Throughout the planning process Colleen was very attentive to any questions we may have had, and their payment plan made it very easy to afford to pay for other things while still paying off our reception. The overall price was very affordable, especially considering the open bar and the quality of the food and cake (which was included). When the day finally came, Colleen helped put together all center pieces, and made sure that her staff was on their A game with helping make all guests comfortable, and ensuring that the wedding was perfect in the eyes of my husband and I. The Grand worked very closely with our vendors to make sure there were no hiccups, and everybody was able to have a ton of fun! Our guests won't stop talking about how great the wedding was, and how it was the best wedding they have been to. Thank you so much to Ed, Colleen, and all of the members of The Grand for making our night unforgettable, and for making this the best day of our lives.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Elisa · Married on 04/14/2018

Colleen and her staff went over and beyond. They made my day perfect. There is not one thing that went wrong. We had a beautiful garden wedding. Colleen made sure we had everything we needed. Her and her team think of everything. The bride and the groom didn't have to worry about a thing. I would recommend The Grand at 1600 to everyone they really made you feel like family!!

Sent on 05/01/2018
  • Katelyn

Katelyn Lang · Married on 04/07/2018

Must have your wedding here!!!

The Grand at 1600 is an incredible and beautiful place to get married at. Both Ed and Colleen worked with us to make sure we had a night we will never forget, the food was super delicious. The price of this place for everything included was phenomenal. Everything was set up so beautifully I really had an incredible time and so did all of my guests. I recommend this place to everyone that I know is getting married. These guys really work hard to make sure you have a unforgettable night.

Sent on 02/25/2019

Stacy · Married on 04/06/2018

From day one we were impressed. Colleen and Ed are experienced, professional and made our wedding so personal. The service is unlike anything ive ever seen before. We opted for an open bar with tableside service for a wedding of 150 people. They did not forget a single thing. They worked well with our photographer, DJ, and reverend to assure our special day ran smoothly. And it did. Colleen and Ed made us feel like we were their only wedding. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Sean · Married on 11/04/2017

Ed and Colleen where fantastic. They aim to please and want your special day to be how you invisioned it. The day of, both run ragged to make sure that you and tour guests are having the time of your lives.

Diana · Married on 10/07/2017

I truly cannot day enough about The Grand at 1600!!! From the moment we met Colleen for our initial tour, we were blown away with her hospitality and professionalism. Ed and Colleen always showed us the utmost respect during the planning process and were respectful our our budget and vision. The day of our wedding they ensured that everything ran smoothly, timely, and comfortably. The venue is stunning and the food was amazing! We didn’t have a thing to worry about that day except enjoying ourselves. James and I can’t possibly that Ed and Colleen rebought for making our dream wedding possible.

Katie · Married on 09/22/2017

Every single thing about this venue is excellent. Ed and Colleen are so attentive, friendly, comforting. Everyone we’ve spoken to since our wedding has raved about the food, the service, the venue itself. The day was so incredibly smooth. I am so happy we had our wedding at this beautiful place. Colleen, I can’t say enough about how much I appreciate you and being there throughout the planning and during the day of. Ed too. The entire staff was just great! Thank you guys so much!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Andrea · Married on 09/15/2017

Our daughter's wedding was on a Friday evening September 15, 2017. I'd like to thank Ed and Coleen for an amazing experience. Attention to every detail was given. The staff was so attentive right down to refolding your napkins during the evening. They all had smiles on their faces and constantly asked if there was anything that we needed. The venue is very pretty and elegant. During the journey towards getting closer to the wedding there were many times that we called with questions. We were always assured that things will run smoothly and they were always there with the answers. My daughter and her husband were absolutely thrilled from beginning to end. You know when it's a wonderful wedding when people are coming up to you during the affair and saying how delicious the food is and to this day we are still receiving compliments on how lovely the room was and the cocktail hour was just perfect. My brother is a chef and he couldn't get over how delicious the dinner was and everyone's meal was cooked perfectly to perfection. Thank you so much for making it everything that my daughter ever dreamed of! Andrea and Vinny

Sent on 10/07/2017

Priscilla · Married on 09/09/2017

You fully exceeded my expectations!! Everything was absolutely beautiful, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank you so much!

Jennifer · Married on 08/13/2017

The Grand at 1600 was an amazing choice for our wedding. From the moment we walked in and met with Colleen, we were happy with the decision to check this place out. Colleen, Ed, and Victoria made our night better than we could have ever imagined. Leading up to the wedding, they were very accommodating, helpful, and quick to respond to any questions or requests. The courtyard was a beautiful area for our ceremony. The night of, they went above and beyond to make sure everything was taken care of. My husband and I both come from wedding/catering/banquet family backgrounds and both our family's have been raving about the amazing service and delicious food. They made sure that while we were taking photographs that we were included in the delicious cocktail hour food. Colleen went out of her way to fix my broken bustle. All the food was delicious. The cake was amazing! The venue is clean and cared for. The entire wedding process they made us feel comfortable and made sure that there was no reason for us to stress about anything. We are absolutely thrilled with our wedding and so happy that The Grand at 1600 was our venue.

Sent on 08/17/2017

Stephanie · Married on 07/21/2017

I had a Sweet 16 Birthday party for my daughter here. The staff is amazing! So helpful and accommodating to all my needs. All my guests had a great time and the food was exceptional! Would definitely use them again for another event!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Lisa · Married on 06/10/2017

We were so pleased with the service. On the day of our affair the entire staff catered to our needs and made all of us feel extra special! We couldn't thank them enough for all they did for us!! We would highly recommend their services!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Colleen · Married on 05/05/2017

Phenomenal service, beautiful presence, and fantastic food. Wish I could get married all over again, just to host another event!!

Sent on 08/30/2017