The Gown Shop Reviews

The Gown Shop 4
The Gown Shop 5
The Gown Shop 6
The Gown Shop 7

Such an intimate and comfortable experience- I don't enjoy trying on a dozen dresses that aren't "me" but my sales associate was so helpful and understanding. She totally catered to my likes and avoided selecting gowns that she knew I wouldn't like. With her help, I ended up purchasing my dream dress!

Sent on 05/30/2014

Buying my dress at The Gown Shop was a wonderful experience! I was the only bride in the shop for my appointment (they plan it that way), so I felt so well attended and special throughout my appointment. All of the dresses I saw we were unique and gorgeous and my consultant was extremely kind. All around, it was a perfect shopping experience!

Sent on 10/31/2015

Amanda · Married on 06/25/2016

Audrey was great to work with! She made wedding dress shopping so fun and easy! Thanks so much for your patience, knowledge, and kindness! I really appreciate it!

Sent on 08/17/2015

The Best place to find a gown. The customer service is outstanding!

Sent on 10/29/2015

I had a wonderful experience at The Gown Shop! The people working there were so friendly, and really listened to what I wanted. I was able to find my dress on the first day, which was awesome! Great selection and great atmosphere!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Maricat · Married on 06/04/2016

The Gown Shop was perfection. I was blown away by their dress options and their ability to make it a truly special experience. Thank you!

Sent on 01/10/2018

I made my appointment kind of last minute, and there wasn't any problem. Audrey was the stylist helping me and she was absolutely fantastic. She listened to exactly what I wanted and worked within my budget. I wasn't expecting to find a dress that day, but I actually walked out with a sample and couldn't be happier!

Sent on 08/23/2014

Before coming to The Dress Shop I felt hopeless. I tried on countless dresses at one two many stores and felt like there was no "perfect dress" out there for me.

At first, I thought the experience here would be the same. However, as soon as I walked into The Dress Shop I knew this would be where I would find my life long dream gown. Front the moment you walk into the door you feel like a bride. I absolutely loved how it's just you, your family and friends, as well as the bridal consultants and no one else. It really sets them apart from any other shop I went to. That alone made me feel so special, as a bride should during these memorable moments!

I could go on and on how great this place is as well as their entire staff! I would highly recommended them to anyone!

Sent on 05/14/2016

Loved my visits to TGS! I was warned by a couple of acquaintances who felt pressured to buy during their recent visits, but I only have wonderful things to say about my two visits and wanted to spread the word!

My first trip was my first time gown shopping and despite my inexperience and low budget, Audrey made it a fantastic experience. I only offered a couple of vague descriptions of things I liked and didn't, and voila--Audrey came back with an armful of gorgeous options that fit my style exactly.

The appointment was very personalized and because we were the only ones in the shop, had her full attention and help getting in and out of dresses (which I later learned was not the case everywhere). Though we had a ton of fun and I did pick a favorite, my mom and I agreed we should at least try a couple other places to see what else was out there.

Audrey kept in contact by email but was not at all pushy, and I was thrilled to come back a second time to revisit my favorite dress and ultimately purchase it during an appointment with Stacy. The ladies at TGS really know what they are doing and have a lovely selection of gowns. I can't wait to get married in mine! Thanks, Audrey and Stacy!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Alison · Married on 05/06/2016

The Gown Shop exceeded my expectations! It was my first time trying on dresses and my experience was so memorable! Erin was the biggest help and knew exactly what questions to ask me to find "the one" for me! I only tried on 6 dresses and ended up saying yes the the 5th dress! The private appointment was amazing and ideal! I couldn't have asked for a better way to do my wedding dress shopping!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Arielle · Married on 03/19/2016

The Gown Shop was amazing. They made finding my dress easy, enjoyable, and stress free.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Jordan · Married on 02/20/2016

So many beautiful dresses! I really felt like they had every style and every dress I had been pinning on Pinterest!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Loved Stacy and everybodys help. Great selection of gowns!

Sent on 11/06/2015

Beth · Married on 11/15/2015

I just happened to be in Ann Arbor last summer when I stumbled upon the gown shop. I am so glad that I did because they have a great selection of gowns that weren't too flashy, but just straight gorgeous! They have an ongoing sample sale in a separate room where I found the perfect dress for my wedding. They were very accommodating! One reason this shop stood out among all of the others was that they weren't pushy, didn't force me to find my dream dress in a short amount of time, and were just super helpful and patient all around. I am so grateful for that experience and I encourage anyone to check them out. I'm sure you will have nothing, but a positive experience. I ended up getting a 2015 Sarah Seven gown at the sample sale for less than full price :)

Sent on 02/09/2016
  • User4719594 · 2+ years ago

I'll start with saying, I had visited 3 other bridal shops before visiting the gown shop, and I am confident it would have been my only visit, had it been my first.

Audrey was amazing with finding my dress - her experience, ability to visualize your want, and calm demeanor made for an unforgettable experience.

Everyone raved to me that dress shopping was their favorite part. This was not the case for me... Everything I tried on was stiff, heavy,
    blinged or just not the classic timeless romantic gown I had somewhat in my mind... Until the Gown Shop! I quickly fell in love with the dress shopping experience & liked multiple dresses, until I tried on the one I LOVE!

Audrey helped me get in & out of each dress, and we had our own suite to try gowns on...quite different from other shops I had visited.

The shop felt like what you always want, you are pampered and doted on...you truly feel like a bride & have NO pressure to buy, although we did buy at the first visit.

I can't thank Audrey enough for treating me so well & helping me find the gown that I'll marry my man in!

If I can tell any bride anything from my experiences this far, it is to go to just The Gown Shop...it will not disappoint!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Erin · Married on 11/07/2015

The ladies at The Gown Shop in Ann Arbor were amazing!!!! Extremely helpful, knowledgable, and patient! I will send everyone I can their way!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Stacy and her team were fantastic! They listened to everything I was looking for and helped guide me through the process. They were professional and cared about what was important to me. Not to mention having many options to choose from and a lovely environment for both myself and my guests! I could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 08/08/2014

Stephanie · Married on 10/10/2015

Stacy and her team were fantastic! Shopping for my wedding dress was everything I imagined it would be from the beauty of the shop, the selection of dresses, and a team that asked questions about what I wanted and worked to make the dress of my dreams happen. Everyone was amazing to deal with and was able to work around my schedule. I cannot wait to go back and pick out my accessories!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Amanda · Married on 10/10/2015

I recommend any bride considering The Gown Shop and trying out their dresses for purchase. My experience is probably a little different then most, since I am a bride out of town, in Nashville, TN. I bought my dress all through emailed description, pictures, and phone calls with manager Audrey and owner Stacy. I went to many places (6) here in Nashville, TN, all lovely and I even fell in love with a dress at Modern Trousseau. The dress I liked was a 2010 collection and way above my budget. I did not think this dress was even possible to consider having because of the price. I looked online for sample sales (since I knew I was a little smaller then the sample size from my try-on here in Nashville) and found a few contenders. What set apart The Gown Shop was their ability to locate their sample sale dresses immediately, get me as much information as they could, and be open on their policies, shipping, and price. The dress looks stunning, and I can hardly tell it was a sample gown. I appreciated that they steamed the dress before shipping! They took excellent care of this sample dress, and I can only imagine that they treat the bride first with actual appointments. Audrey was amazing to deal with, I cannot say enough good things about her. All of my questions were answered in a timely manner, and they eased the process of this nervous bride buying a dress from Ann Arbor, MI being shipped to Nashville, TN. I would recommend any bride considering calling, or making an appointment at The Gown Shop. In addition to their gorgeous new gown selections, they are also willing to sell their sample gowns to those brides who are on a budget. If I am ever in Ann Arbor, MI, you better believe I am stopping in to say hi! Thank you again for a wonderful gown from an outstanding bridal shop.

Sent on 02/04/2015

I worked with Audrey and she was phenomenal. Very professional and knowledgeable, but also was easy to feel comfortable with and close to. She made me feel like the center of attention and listened to all of my comments and concerns. She found my wedding dress so I couldn't be happier! The Gown Shop as a whole was clean, nicely decorated, and their dresses were well taken care of, even though they were samples. It felt like a very high end place by the way it looked and by the way my mom and I were treated by the staff. It was a wonderful experience and I am so glad I chose to shop at The Gown Shop!

Sent on 03/01/2015

Chelsea · Married on 10/03/2015

I had a great experience at the Gown Shop. I came in wondering if I would be able to afford much, but the employee I met with (Andrea? Audrey?) worked within my price range and made it incredibly easy! I found my dress after trying on 4, and I walked in feeling like I had no idea what I wanted. She was able to talk me through what I wanted and could articulate what I wasn't able to. It was a great experience!

Sent on 10/28/2014

The visiting The Gown Shop was awesome, great people and a beautiful space!

Sent on 04/24/2015

I was having a hard time finding exactly what I wanted, and something that looked good on me. Audrey helped by asking a lot of good questions and providing really good feedback and advise to narrow down what I wanted. I like that the shop is exclusive to you when you make an appointment. So things are quite and relaxing.

Sent on 04/24/2015

Petra · Married on 09/19/2015

Audrey was so helpful in my search for a dress. She made sure that the two dresses I knew I wanted to try on were there, and gave me some great other options to show what different styles would look like on my body. The shop was also very accommodating to my entourage. The whole time I was at TGS I felt comfortable and welcome and beautiful. I had a wonderful experience and am looking forward to purchasing my accessories and bridesmaids dresses through them as well.

Sent on 01/21/2015
  • User4841929 · 2+ years ago

Everyone at the Gown Shop was so helpful in finding my perfect wedding dress. They truly listened to what I had to say and found me the perfect fit. I loved my experience - it was relaxed and extremely personal which was what I was looking for.

Sent on 03/03/2015