The Gown Shop Reviews

The Gown Shop 7
  • Catherine

Catherine Macdonald · Getting married on 03/08/2021

Amazing service

I made an appointment to purchase a dress for my wedding. At my appointment the girls made me feel like a million bucks! Prior to the appointment I completed a questioner with what I was interested in. When walking into my appointment the girls had dresses pulled based on my interests. They made a stressful event, easy, stress free and a breeze! I was worried that I was not going to find a dress, but four dresses later I said YES to the dress and can't wait to get married!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Victoria · Getting married on 09/12/2020

Relaxing and fun!

Went to TGS as my first stop for wedding dress shopping intending to get an idea of styles I liked. I really liked the relaxed feeling and attention with the private appointment! Meghan was easy-going, helpful and funny. Didn’t feel like I was being rushed or pushed into a decision at all. I really liked a few dresses the first day and Meghan offered for us to come back the next day if we wanted. Long story short, I did go back the next day and ended up buying a dress! Bought a beautiful gown off the rack at a great price! Can’t say enough positive things about this place. Don’t hesitate to make an appointment here- you won’t regret it!

Sent on 05/23/2019

Lea Wright · Getting married on 08/29/2020

Relaxed Shopping Experience

Loved that the attention was totally focused on me and the consultants were not pushy at all. Very relaxed and fun!

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • Kala

Kala · Getting married on 07/25/2020

The Ladies at The Gown Shop were so great to work with! I found the perfect dress for me at their sample sale! Even with such a big sale they did the best to provide excellent service!

Sent on 05/24/2016
  • Alina

Alina · Getting married on 05/31/2020

Found my dress with ease!

I had previously been to the gown shop to try on dresses and didn't find "the one" I got a notification that they were having a sample sale and figured why not try it out? I went in and found my dress off the rack and they even let me try it on to make sure it was the one. These women genuinely care about brides and enjoy helping them find their dress and any accessories as well!

Sent on 04/25/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Getting married on 05/25/2020

A true 5 star experience

I went to 4 different bridal shops and this was hands down the best experience. It was so easy to schedule an appointment online. The shop is right downtown on Main St and is super cute, bright, and modern. Meghan and Ashley were kind, welcoming, and attentive. They listened to my dress ideas, allowed me to browse their collection myself and they also picked some for me. I had a very specific vision in mind for my dress after tons of online research, and not only did they have many gowns that fit my style, but they had THE ONE for me! They were not pushy at all, respected my budget, didn't set a limit to how many gowns I could try, and gave me lots of time to think in each dress. They even took pics of me in the dresses (no other shop had done that - one shop even prohibited pics!). The appointment was private, which I didn't think was a big deal until I experienced it. TGS was the only place I went to that offered private appointments, and this was extra special for me because I specifically chose to go alone so I could process the dresses myself (in other shops the other customers would comment on the dresses I tried - which is exactly what I was trying to avoid!). I came back a second time with guests to buy the dress, and the second experience was just as good as the first. They also gave recommendations to local seamstresses and cleaners, which was so helpful. I cannot recommend TGS highly enough! Thank you, Meghan and Ashley, for such a wonderful experience!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Devin

Devin · Getting married on 04/04/2020

AMAZING Experience!

highly recommend The Gown Shop in Ann Arbor! If you want a bridal experience that makes you feel important, this is the place to go. They only do one on one appointments, so you have the whole boutique to yourself and your entourage. Natalie was my consultant, and she was very attentive and listened to everything I did and didn't like. She made sure to pull a wide variety of dresses for me to try on, just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. She also did whatever she could to make sure my dream dress was within my budget. I couldn't be happier with my decision or with my experience. This was my first experience trying on dresses and I don't regret it at all! The one on one experience is definitely worth the drive!

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Getting married on 11/09/2019

D r e a m y

I loved my experience! Honestly did not expect to find the one so quickly but my dress was perfect and Stacey was outstanding. Made the whole experience a dream! Everything a bride could want dress shopping! Was very comfortable and so fun! I’m blown away by the overall experience!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Paige Daney · Getting married on 09/21/2019

Stacy & The TGS are amazing!

I had the BEST experience at the Gown Shop.
    Stacy was amazing from the moment we stepped in the door. At the gown shop, they shut the entire store down for you so that she is able to give you her undivided attention. Stacy had dresses already picked out based on the styles that I sent in the pre-visit questionnaire. This saved so much time as I did not need to spend my apt. time shuffling through the racks. She is truly amazing at her job and knows her stuff. She can read your face and direct what type of dresses you try on just based on the vibe you emit as you are trying them on. Not to mention the quality of dresses are amazing here. I ended up finding my dress here and it was such a special moment. I cannot recommend TGS & Stacy enough.

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Jaime

Jaime Hansen · Married on 08/23/2019

Perfection

The cutest, most charming store and the sweetest sisters. They are so helpful! Both make your experience so enjoyable. They make you feel so comfortable and beautiful as an individual! Such an amazing selection of dresses with different styles for everyone. Highly recommend.

Sent on 01/26/2019

Ada Ch · Married on 08/10/2019

Everything was excellent!

Very helpful, true professionals!

Sent on 02/22/2019

lindsay · Married on 07/20/2019

The Gown Shop was the only place I needed to go for my dress! I gave Stacy a few ideas of what I might like and how much I was willing to spend. She didn't have a lot to go off of from me, but every dress she pulled was beautiful, fit great with my body type, and was within my budget. The third dress I tried on was PERFECT and the one! I cannot wait to go back and put it on again. It was such an exciting moment for all of us and we have Stacy to thank for all of her help. She also found the most beautiful veil and headpiece for me in the same appointment! We had such a fun time at the Gown Shop!!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Katharina · Married on 07/13/2019

I had SUCH a fun time at The Gown Shop! I didn't expect to walk out with a purchase, but I sure did!!! I cannot wait to get my dress back and wear it on my wedding day!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Marissa A · Married on 06/21/2019

Highly Recommend

I had a great experience at The Gown Shop recently. It is an adorable shop downtown Ann Arbor and it's totally private, by appointment only. Ashley and Meghan were extremely friendly, listened to what I was looking for and gave me some great options to try on. I ended up being torn between two dresses by the end of my appointment and still had another appointment to go to at another gown shop. I ended up going back to TGS a few days later to do a retry on and knew I had found the one. I LOVE my dress and cannot wait to wear it. The girls were very professional and made the experience a fun one. I went to a few other shops while dress shopping and I found a lot of my experience to be stressful and/or rushed. You can tell Ashley and Meghan love what they do and truly want brides to be happy.

Sent on 04/11/2019

Colleen · Married on 06/01/2019

TGS Ann Arbor was absolutely wonderful! The entire experience couldn't have been better! They listened to everything I wanted in a dress and how I invisioned myself, and delivered above and beyond. I recommend TGS to anyone who wants that dream experience finding their dress!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Amy · Married on 05/25/2019

Natalie was AMAZING!!!! She made me feel comfortable, special, and beautiful. She really listened to what I had to say and helped me find the perfect dress! The entire experience from beginning to end was top notch! If you live anywhere in southeast Michigan you must get your dress from The Gown Shop. You will not find another bridal shop like this, trust me!!!

Sent on 06/08/2018
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 12/08/2018

Audrey and Stacy were incredibly helpful in setting up my appointment and making sure I had the dresses and styles I wanted to try on (the Ann Arbor shop had more of the gowns I wanted to try and the style that fitted me best, so we set up my appt there). Natalie was my stylist for the appointment and she was absolutely wonderful, I can’t say enough about her! She made the experience special and enjoyable and was able to keep the focus on what we were there for— finding the perfect dress for me... And we did! She was instrumental in helping me decide between 2 dresses that I was conflicted over, and now I have a beautiful gown that I can’t wait to wear on my wedding day!

Sent on 03/06/2018

Nichole · Married on 11/09/2018

Audrey and the staff are just amazing! From.the time I called to ask some questions to the time I said yes to the dress. Everything was amazing and they make you feel so comfortable. I HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Nicole Eisenberg · Married on 10/27/2018

Audrey and Kat helped me find my dream wedding gown!

The Gown Shop in Ann Arbor was literally like a fairy tale! I was visiting a family friend in Michigan, happened to have an hour to kill, happened to have been around the corner from the store, and they happened to have an appointment in 10 minutes. The Gown Shop only allows one bride in the store at a time, so me and my family were free to look around and try on for an hour. I had never tried on a single gown, so we got help finding and picking different styles. When we had time for one gown more, my family showed me one they had been eyeing. They thought it would be at least $10,000 by the looks of it but when we looked at the tag, it was less than 25% of that! Although it was still a little more than I wanted to spend, it combined a few of the details that I liked from other gowns. When I put it on, I had a gut feel; it was comfortable, flattering, and spectacular. When Audrey opened the curtain, my family knew the same. We talked with Audrey extensively about recommendations for a veil (found a perfect one), jewelry (found perfect earrings), and alterations. However, because of my Type A personality I just couldn’t bring myself to buy it that day (even though there is a 10% discount for purchase day of) when I hadn’t been looking seriously and hadn’t been anywhere else. Over the next week, I went to David’s Bridal (their top tier gowns were more expensive than the one I loved and not nearly as nice, very ‘manufactured’ feeling) and one other boutique. There was not a single gown that held a candle to the one at the Gown Shop. Within a couple days I decided that there was no way I’d find anything better, even though I was about 16 months to my wedding and had plenty of time to look. Between Audrey and Kat, they helped me feel comfortable purchasing the gown and accessories from afar due to their best-in-class customer service and because Audrey took measurements when I was in the store. After ordering, they made everything better by keeping in touch through a hand-written note during the wait, letting me know when the gown arrived at the store (~ 7 months later), and packaging my gown safely and with a personal touch. Every step of the way Audrey, Kat, and The Gown Shop treated me like their most important bride. I would highly recommend any bride-to-be to visit The Gown Shop because if your dream gown is anywhere—there is a magical chance it is waiting for you there!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Brandey Yaden · Married on 10/27/2018

The Gown Shop - Ann Arbor is absolutely amazing.

Every experience is a personal appointment; whether it be trying on multiple dresses or trying your dress on for your final try on. Audrey and Natalie were always warm and welcoming while making sure you feel comfortable during appointments. I highly recommend the Gown Shop - Ann Arbor!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Chelsea · Married on 10/13/2018

The Gown Shop was so wonderful to work with! Natalie was amazing and patient. She helped me find my dream gown!

Sent on 09/27/2017

jeni · Married on 10/13/2018

I had the most incredible experience finding a dress at TGS. My mom was in town so we booked a few bridal appointments to try on some dresses. TGS was the first store we went to. From the initial phone call I knew this would be an incredible experience whether I found the dress or not. We were wow'd by the beauty of the shop and the privacy we had with the whole store to ourselves. Audrey was so sweet and listened so well to all of my feedback on each dress I tried on and ultimately pulled dresses off the rack that I never thought I would wear. One of those dresses turned out to be the dress for me. I needed some time to process so I told her we would be in touch after our next appointment. As soon as I was done trying on dresses at another store I called them back and asked if I could come try on the dress again that day because I think it was the one. They made time for me shortly after that and next thing you know....I said yes to the dress! I can't wait until my dress gets in and I get to go back to the store for another great experience!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2018

I absolutely loved working with the Gown Shop and didn't want to look for a dress anywhere else! Stacy the owner had my first appointment but then recommended her other inventory in Ann Arbor so I found my dress there. It was such a fun and personalized process, I found my dress on the first try because they listened to my preferences and had great recommendations. You won't find that one on one attention anywhere else since they close the store just for you! Thank you TGS!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2018

Natalie was so wonderful to work with - she listened to my preferences, patiently answered my questions, and was very professional. I had done my research ahead of time, so knew what type of dress (and specifically what designer) I was most interested in. So the appointment went very smoothly and I picked out my dress on the first visit - and even got a 'love at first sight' 10% discount :)

Sent on 11/14/2017

Andrea · Married on 09/29/2018

Excellent service. The staff reviewed my venue in advance and selected the perfect dresses that fit my style and the venue magnificently. Loved the options. Highly recommend to anyone in the Midwest who is looking for a wedding gown :)

Sent on 09/21/2017