The Gown Shop Reviews

The Gown Shop 7
  • Devin

Devin · Getting married on 04/04/2020

AMAZING Experience!

highly recommend The Gown Shop in Ann Arbor! If you want a bridal experience that makes you feel important, this is the place to go. They only do one on one appointments, so you have the whole boutique to yourself and your entourage. Natalie was my consultant, and she was very attentive and listened to everything I did and didn't like. She made sure to pull a wide variety of dresses for me to try on, just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. She also did whatever she could to make sure my dream dress was within my budget. I couldn't be happier with my decision or with my experience. This was my first experience trying on dresses and I don't regret it at all! The one on one experience is definitely worth the drive!

Brittany · Getting married on 11/09/2019

D r e a m y

I loved my experience! Honestly did not expect to find the one so quickly but my dress was perfect and Stacey was outstanding. Made the whole experience a dream! Everything a bride could want dress shopping! Was very comfortable and so fun! I’m blown away by the overall experience!

Kala · Getting married on 10/12/2019

The Ladies at The Gown Shop were so great to work with! I found the perfect dress for me at their sample sale! Even with such a big sale they did the best to provide excellent service!

Paige Daney · Getting married on 09/21/2019

Stacy & The TGS are amazing!

I had the BEST experience at the Gown Shop.
    Stacy was amazing from the moment we stepped in the door. At the gown shop, they shut the entire store down for you so that she is able to give you her undivided attention. Stacy had dresses already picked out based on the styles that I sent in the pre-visit questionnaire. This saved so much time as I did not need to spend my apt. time shuffling through the racks. She is truly amazing at her job and knows her stuff. She can read your face and direct what type of dresses you try on just based on the vibe you emit as you are trying them on. Not to mention the quality of dresses are amazing here. I ended up finding my dress here and it was such a special moment. I cannot recommend TGS & Stacy enough.

lindsay · Getting married on 07/20/2019

The Gown Shop was the only place I needed to go for my dress! I gave Stacy a few ideas of what I might like and how much I was willing to spend. She didn't have a lot to go off of from me, but every dress she pulled was beautiful, fit great with my body type, and was within my budget. The third dress I tried on was PERFECT and the one! I cannot wait to go back and put it on again. It was such an exciting moment for all of us and we have Stacy to thank for all of her help. She also found the most beautiful veil and headpiece for me in the same appointment! We had such a fun time at the Gown Shop!!

Katharina · Getting married on 07/13/2019

I had SUCH a fun time at The Gown Shop! I didn't expect to walk out with a purchase, but I sure did!!! I cannot wait to get my dress back and wear it on my wedding day!

Colleen · Getting married on 06/01/2019

TGS Ann Arbor was absolutely wonderful! The entire experience couldn't have been better! They listened to everything I wanted in a dress and how I invisioned myself, and delivered above and beyond. I recommend TGS to anyone who wants that dream experience finding their dress!

Amy · Getting married on 05/25/2019

Natalie was AMAZING!!!! She made me feel comfortable, special, and beautiful. She really listened to what I had to say and helped me find the perfect dress! The entire experience from beginning to end was top notch! If you live anywhere in southeast Michigan you must get your dress from The Gown Shop. You will not find another bridal shop like this, trust me!!!

• Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 12/08/2018

Audrey and Stacy were incredibly helpful in setting up my appointment and making sure I had the dresses and styles I wanted to try on (the Ann Arbor shop had more of the gowns I wanted to try and the style that fitted me best, so we set up my appt there). Natalie was my stylist for the appointment and she was absolutely wonderful, I can’t say enough about her! She made the experience special and enjoyable and was able to keep the focus on what we were there for— finding the perfect dress for me... And we did! She was instrumental in helping me decide between 2 dresses that I was conflicted over, and now I have a beautiful gown that I can’t wait to wear on my wedding day!

Nichole · Married on 11/09/2018

Audrey and the staff are just amazing! From.the time I called to ask some questions to the time I said yes to the dress. Everything was amazing and they make you feel so comfortable. I HIGHLY recommend them!

Nicole Eisenberg · Married on 10/27/2018

Audrey and Kat helped me find my dream wedding gown!

The Gown Shop in Ann Arbor was literally like a fairy tale! I was visiting a family friend in Michigan, happened to have an hour to kill, happened to have been around the corner from the store, and they happened to have an appointment in 10 minutes. The Gown Shop only allows one bride in the store at a time, so me and my family were free to look around and try on for an hour. I had never tried on a single gown, so we got help finding and picking different styles. When we had time for one gown more, my family showed me one they had been eyeing. They thought it would be at least $10,000 by the looks of it but when we looked at the tag, it was less than 25% of that! Although it was still a little more than I wanted to spend, it combined a few of the details that I liked from other gowns. When I put it on, I had a gut feel; it was comfortable, flattering, and spectacular. When Audrey opened the curtain, my family knew the same. We talked with Audrey extensively about recommendations for a veil (found a perfect one), jewelry (found perfect earrings), and alterations. However, because of my Type A personality I just couldn’t bring myself to buy it that day (even though there is a 10% discount for purchase day of) when I hadn’t been looking seriously and hadn’t been anywhere else. Over the next week, I went to David’s Bridal (their top tier gowns were more expensive than the one I loved and not nearly as nice, very ‘manufactured’ feeling) and one other boutique. There was not a single gown that held a candle to the one at the Gown Shop. Within a couple days I decided that there was no way I’d find anything better, even though I was about 16 months to my wedding and had plenty of time to look. Between Audrey and Kat, they helped me feel comfortable purchasing the gown and accessories from afar due to their best-in-class customer service and because Audrey took measurements when I was in the store. After ordering, they made everything better by keeping in touch through a hand-written note during the wait, letting me know when the gown arrived at the store (~ 7 months later), and packaging my gown safely and with a personal touch. Every step of the way Audrey, Kat, and The Gown Shop treated me like their most important bride. I would highly recommend any bride-to-be to visit The Gown Shop because if your dream gown is anywhere—there is a magical chance it is waiting for you there!

Brandey Yaden · Married on 10/27/2018

The Gown Shop - Ann Arbor is absolutely amazing.

Every experience is a personal appointment; whether it be trying on multiple dresses or trying your dress on for your final try on. Audrey and Natalie were always warm and welcoming while making sure you feel comfortable during appointments. I highly recommend the Gown Shop - Ann Arbor!

Chelsea · Married on 10/13/2018

The Gown Shop was so wonderful to work with! Natalie was amazing and patient. She helped me find my dream gown!

jeni · Married on 10/13/2018

I had the most incredible experience finding a dress at TGS. My mom was in town so we booked a few bridal appointments to try on some dresses. TGS was the first store we went to. From the initial phone call I knew this would be an incredible experience whether I found the dress or not. We were wow'd by the beauty of the shop and the privacy we had with the whole store to ourselves. Audrey was so sweet and listened so well to all of my feedback on each dress I tried on and ultimately pulled dresses off the rack that I never thought I would wear. One of those dresses turned out to be the dress for me. I needed some time to process so I told her we would be in touch after our next appointment. As soon as I was done trying on dresses at another store I called them back and asked if I could come try on the dress again that day because I think it was the one. They made time for me shortly after that and next thing you know....I said yes to the dress! I can't wait until my dress gets in and I get to go back to the store for another great experience!

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2018

I absolutely loved working with the Gown Shop and didn't want to look for a dress anywhere else! Stacy the owner had my first appointment but then recommended her other inventory in Ann Arbor so I found my dress there. It was such a fun and personalized process, I found my dress on the first try because they listened to my preferences and had great recommendations. You won't find that one on one attention anywhere else since they close the store just for you! Thank you TGS!

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2018

Natalie was so wonderful to work with - she listened to my preferences, patiently answered my questions, and was very professional. I had done my research ahead of time, so knew what type of dress (and specifically what designer) I was most interested in. So the appointment went very smoothly and I picked out my dress on the first visit - and even got a 'love at first sight' 10% discount :)

Andrea · Married on 09/29/2018

Excellent service. The staff reviewed my venue in advance and selected the perfect dresses that fit my style and the venue magnificently. Loved the options. Highly recommend to anyone in the Midwest who is looking for a wedding gown :)

Jill · Married on 09/22/2018

My experience at The Gown Shop was nothing short of wonderful. It was the first place I went to, and every boutique following didn't even come close to the personalized, comfortable, helpful, fantastic experience I had at The Gown Shop in Ann Arbor. They had a great selection of dresses and Natalie helped provide thoughtful advice and assistance to guide me to say yes to the dress during my second visit!

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/15/2018

I really enjoyed my experience at The Gown Shop. Everything from the appointment booking process to the confirmation to the actual day-of was easy and professionally coordinated. I particularly enjoyed the fact that the bride-to-be and her "entourage" are the only people in the shop during the appointment. The stylist made me feel incredibly comfortable and pulled dresses that were exactly what I had in mind. I wasn't anticipating finding a dress that day but ended up saying "yes" to the second dress I tried on. I highly recommend this bridal boutique!

Alecia · Married on 09/08/2018

The Gown Shop was an amazing store and had absolutely beautiful dresses. Kat was so knowledgeable and sweet to my girls and I and helped me say yes to the dress!

Jade · Married on 09/01/2018

I LOVED THIS SHOP! You feel so special going there - the inside is gorgeous, the workers there are fantastic, I can't say anymore about how amazing they have been! The handwritten congrats cards I got were a nice little touch as well. :)

Marissa · Married on 08/04/2018

I came the Ann Arbor location feeling discouraged from already shopping around for my perfect dress. That feeling quickly went away as I met Audrey and she immediately understood my vision. To my amazement, I found my dream dress and I could not be more pleased. Thank you!

Melissa · Married on 07/29/2018

Great Experience. Natalie was my stylist and she was very professional and helpful. I found my dress and absolutely love it! The shop was beautiful and clean!! There was a perfect amount of styles to chose from. I would highly recommend The Gown Shop !!

Meghan · Married on 07/27/2018

I had the most pleasant experience at The Gown Shop, Ann Arbor! This was the second gown shop I visited, and I had an immediate connection with the lady helping me. She really listened to the style I was going for and immediately brought over a few dresses for me to try on. Turned out, the first one she chose was the winner! Spot on consultation, incredible dresses and overall a beautiful shop. I highly recommend The Gown Shop to every bride!!