37 Reviews for The Good Life Gourmet

Mediterranean (1)
Gluten Free (1)
37 The Good Life Gourmet Reviews

1.0

New owners - brides beware. We met the previous owners at the Outer Banks Wedding Expo in January, 2017. On May 6th we received an e-mail explaining that the business had been sold and contact information for the new owners. I spoke with them numerous times over the phone and e-mail from June, 2017 to September, 2017. We met with the new owners in September to firm up the menu and schedule which went well. A week later we received an e-mail stating that they would be breaching the contract we had with the original owners and would be taking another job the night of our wedding. Luckily, we found another caterer that we are pleased to be working with at a much better rate. I cannot speak to the quality of their food or service, however, the professionalism and business acumen left more to be desired with the new owners.

Profile Picture Natalie, 12/31/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Steve and Susan should be the first people you talk to when planning your event. Not only were they easy to work with and just all around great people, but they go beyond helping you think through the catering to the planning of the actual event. They were able to give immediate estimates for service as well as providing us advice on how to save money in the process. They were very responsive to email and phone calls leading up to the event and gave very precise directions on setup to ensure a perfect event. I cannot begin to describe how delicious the food was, and I received nothing but high praise from all of the guests in attendance. I am looking forward to planning my next event in the outer banks just for the opportunity to talk to Steve and his amazing staff again.

Profile Picture Paul, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Everything about our experience was exceptional. Our request was last minute and they accommodated us in every way possible. The food was delicious - we had pork tenderloin and crab cakes that got rave reviews. The portions were HUGE. The value was unbelievable as the price was very fair for such high quality food displayed absolutely beautiful. I would recommend them to anyone who needs catering for any event. Top-notch people and company.

Profile Picture User7089130, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

How does a vendor get a 5 star rating ? This is how. Chef Steve and Susie made my daughters wedding so beautiful and just delicious that I would recommend this vendor. Besides doing my daughters wedding he has made many customized meals for all our family reunions for the past 7 years. His attention to details and his excellent staff made the event a success. The carving station with the prime rib was outstanding, homemade roasted potatoes , mac and cheese, deviled eggs were some of my favorites . He grills the Mai Mai at the buffet station right in front of you , not hours before to sit in a pan . It's fresh and so very good with the mango salsa. The planning was conducted in Kitty Hawk at his restaurant, The Good Life, where you can try some of his daily specials. Home made cinnamon buns , Mmmm good ! His organization and cleanliness of his restaurant is evident at the wedding. He personally manages the event to be sure everything is done correctly and with a service that exemplifies quality and professionalism . The Good Life and Chef Steve is an outstanding restaurant and caterer , I would use him again and will be at our next event .

Profile Picture User7038159, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Chef Steve is Amazing!!!! We have been booking him for family reunions for the last 7 years; just last week, he catered a family wedding. The food is always outstanding, whether it be his DELICIOUS homemade Cinnamon buns or his amazing Prime Rib & Mahi Mahi (grilled to order while you wait). Steve and his staff are wonderful, tending to everyone's wants and needs. The man cannot make, a bad meal; everything is perfectly prepared to order. If you're looking for outstanding catering and personable staff, you have found the right place - The Good Life Gourmet!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 7/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

Love, Love, Love The Good Life! Chef Steve cooks the most amazing food! His wife, Susie, is also so sweet and is very responsive in all the planning leading up to the wedding. Not only did Steve cater my wedding, but he also has catered our family reunions in OBX. My family loves all of his food! Cinnamon buns for breakfast and barbecue ribs are my favorite! I would definitely recommend The Good Life for weddings or any other event!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 7/29/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Italian, Southern, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine

Nine times out of ten the food at a wedding is fair. I was totally impressed with the food catered by The Good Life Gourmet. By far it was the best wedding food I have ever eaten. The appetizers were amazing especially the crab cakes and jumbo shrimp cocktail. One entree was better than the next! I highly recommend serving the grilled Mahi Mahi with mango salsa and the stuffed chicken breast. Fresh, juicy, and delicious! Chef Steve and his staff were very friendly and attentive to all of our needs. What a great experience! Definitely a winner.

Profile Picture Tracey, 7/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Extremely helpful. Always responded quickly. Food was great! Very helpful and worked within our budget!

Profile Picture Chris, 7/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

The Good Life exceeded our expectations for our rehearsal/welcome reception. They were very flexible and worked within our budget. The night was great and all our guests raved about it! Thanks Steve and Susie!!

Profile Picture User6942691, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

I used The Good Life for my son's rehearsal dinner. I could not have asked for anything any better. The food was delicious, the service was top notch, and the owners, especially Steve, were wonderful. It was perfect.

Profile Picture Beth, 6/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Steve and Susan are the best! We enjoyed having them cater our wedding and would recommend them for anyone. Steve is so accommodating and we always refered to him as our "wedding planner" because he gave us so many suggestions and advice that had nothing to do with food at all. Food wise, what we loved about Steve is that he is open to cooking every recipe you can provide to him and allows your family to help with certain items. We had a wedding with one party from Germany and Steve and his team helped us put together a menu containing Schnitzel, German cake, German sides, and much more. He even helped us find authentic German food and Beer in the Outer Banks! We had a Sausage slider bar on the dance floor at 10 PM which our guests still talk to us about. Lastly, Steve is very helpful when it comes to budgets. We started with our "best case scenario" and then trimmed it down to a great menu that fit into our budget. Again, we would recommend Steve and Susan to everyone who is looking to get married in the Outer Banks and are so thankful they were part of our wedding and trust me they helped with way more than just food!

Profile Picture Christian, 5/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Steve and Susie were always responsive and willing to work with us while planning our wedding. Steve was accomodating with my many menu changes and always was willing to meet with me to discuss details.

Profile Picture Allison, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Responds quickly and great to work with. They only quote prices based on exactly what you want. They will ask you to pick what you would want thwn they will give you a price. So very customized. Very great to deal with

Profile Picture User4959120, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We were so happy to have chosen The Good Life Gourmet for our beach front wedding! Steve helped us customize our ideal Surf & Turf dinner to serve to our guests and stayed within our price point. The food was delicious and the service was great! The servers were so helpful in every way and went above our expectations! Steve personally attended our event, helped to serve our dinner buffet and helped with cutting our wedding cake! He was definitely hands on from the first day I talked to him into the night of our event! I would highly recommend The Good Life Gourmet for your wedding event!

Profile Picture Alison, 5/6/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet

The Good Life does breakfast right! They provided on site omelettes, fresh fruit, sausage, bacon, potatoes and pastries for our brunch the day after our wedding- it was delicious!! The fruit was so, so fresh, the pastries were to die for, and the omelettes were superb. They made brunch such a great gathering for friends and family before heading home after the wedding. Steve is such a friendly guy and his food is wonderful. They also provided fruit and pastries for the day of the wedding as well- a hot cinnamon bun is a really nice way to start the day, for sure! I would definitely recommend the Good Life for catering, on site breakfast service, or even visiting their store front location for snack, a meal, or a drink!

Profile Picture Robin, 10/18/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Steve and Susan were WONDERFUL to work with for our wedding this past weekend in the OBX. We are still hearing from our guests that the service and food were fantastic! We ended up having to move our reception to the inside of the house and they didn't bat an eyelash, just made it happen! They were incredibly flexible and professional. I would definitely recommend having them cater your wedding, I guarantee you will be blown away!

Profile Picture Kate, 9/25/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Buffet

Steve and Susie were wonderful to work with. They were always responsive and available. Steve helped with suggestions for our wedding menu, and the food was fabulous! We couldn't have been happier with the service or the food. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture teresa, 9/16/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

I can not say enough good things about working with these wonderful people! The best vendor we worked with by far! Food was excellent, price was with in our budget and the service was the best! Steve went out of his way to make sure all our guests were happy! We would highly recommend The Good Life Gourmet to all of our friends and family!!!

Profile Picture User5637344, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, American, Mediterranean, Southern, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine

The Good Life catered my family's vacation and my sister Kimberly's wedding this past August. They were professional, courteous, and flexible. I remember one night it rained during our Surf & Turf Night on the beach, and everyone helped to bring everything in. Chef Steve and his assistants were flexible and did an awesome job of relocating everything to the top floor where everyone could sit down and enjoy the rest of the family dinner! Not only is the service impressive- the food is top quality, flavorful, and delicious. My favorite is the corn on the cob that Chef Steve makes with the spices and cumin seasoned on top! I also enjoy his veggies and amazing macaroni and cheese and beef tenderloin. My sister's wedding was done very well by Susie and Steve Mace, the owners of the Good Life Gourmet. They had a buffet styled wedding. Everyone raved about the food and how delicious it was. By far, the Good Life is an amazing restaurant and catering service! Well done Chef Steve and Susie! I don't know how you do it! But you do it Well! Thank you once again!

Profile Picture Allison, 5/30/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, American, Southern, Gluten Free

Steve & Susie Mace and their staff were amazing! From our very first phone call, we felt like their most important customer. Their menu suggestions and flexiablity to create the perfect match for our budget and preferences was extremely helpful. On the wedding day, from the logistics of the set up, the quality of the food and the presentation was impeccable. I come for a food service background, so their attention to detail and their presentation was appreciated. Their quality of chafing dishes, pewter service platers and utensils were a classy tough...not your typical inexpensive stuff. We got some many complements on the food and set up ....the best one came from my 12 year son who has autism. He is one to speak his mind and very rarely offers unprompted complements..."Daddy did you order this food just for me, because all of these are my favorites and it's so awesome...can I have more?"

Thanks Steve, Susie and staff...you guys ROCK!!!!

Profile Picture Tanya , 5/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Steve and Susie did a fabulous job with our day after wedding brunch. They exceeded our expectation. Steve had perfect menu ideas. Steve, Susie and Laura were pleasant, professional, personable and certainly impressed our guests. The setting Steve suggested at The Point Golf Club was beautiful and cozy for our casual celebration. Steve suggested that to blend families we needed to blend recipes. He prepared the grandmother of the bride's macaroni salad and the great grandmother of the groom's cheesecake. His gesture personalized the celebration and was a conversation starter. It was a pleasure to work with you....thank-you for the perfect event!

Profile Picture User4385098, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The folks at the Good Life catered our sons rehearsal dinner this past week and did a great job! Susie & Steve were always there to help and suggest as we started our planning right through the end of the event. Having the venue to ourselves for the evening made the night special, it was our private party.
Chef Christain prepared a great meal for the evening which everyone thoroughly enjoyed. Kudos to all the staff for making our guest feel welcome.
Check out the Good Life for a truly special catering experience .
Paul Murray

Profile Picture Paul, 7/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Steve and his staff were amazing! The food was also very good and fit in perfectly with our theme. We had a mix of seafood and country classic in our menu. Everything from the taste test to the final product was carefully planned out.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 7/11/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

I cannot say enough good things about Steve and Susie, and staff at The Good Life Gourmet. Not only is the food to die for, the customer service sets the bar. I met Steve at the OBX wedding expo in April 2013 and he was the only caterer who actually took the time to speek to me and my mom. He impressed me so much that I had to hire him before someone else. And I am so happy I did. He completely customized my wedding menu to my 1920's Atlantic City carnival theme. The food stations were absolutely amazing, and he was on site to fry up pork roll sandwiches to order. Everything was so unique and my guests raved about the food and the staff. And the best part- I knew I could trust Steve not to take advantage of my themed menu. His pricing was fair and reasonable, and he never pressured me to keep something on the menu. He treats his brides like his daughter, and I never once doubted his judgement. My wedding was truly amazing because of The Good Life Gourmet. HIGHLY recommend!!!

Profile Picture Chrissy, 6/13/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our Good Life Gourmet, Steve Mace was an absolute pleasure to work with during the 7 months prior to our daughter's wedding. We spoke often and he was willing to meet with us whenever we felt the need. As Steve loves what he does, he is always thinking of ways to make an event more unique and special. His presence was enjoyed by our guests as much as his food. As ours was a casual 6 hour buffet reception for 180, Steve prepared enough at each food station for guests to return on multiple trips. Many even stopped for one last fill up before departing at midnight. He arrived early, stayed till the end and packed up the leftovers for the Bride and Groom's after party. Steve Mace's service is seamless and smooth because his planning considers every eventuality. In contracting the Good Life Gourmet, you really do get "the man in charge". You also get an unforgettable array of food which he is proud to serve.

Profile Picture Mollie, 5/31/14, 2 Reviews