The Goei Center Reviews

The Goei Center 4
The Goei Center 5
The Goei Center 6
The Goei Center 7

LOVE LOVE LOVE the atmosphere in this venue! Very helpful staff and very generous. We were able to get into the venue space the day before to set up...there was no event the night before...but how many venues would let you do that!!! Kudos to everyone at the Goei Center and Eastern Floral!!!!

Sent on 12/26/2013

Shannon · Married on 09/03/2011

We had our wedding at the Goei Center on 9-3-11. It was perfect! We loved working with Kylie! She made everything very easy for us! She was on top of everything and was very quick to respond to any of our questions or concerns. The space is gorgeous and perfect for anyone looking to have their reception in a unique space. There was plenty of room for our guest to mingle. Our guests were blown away and impressed with this venue. We have received so many compliments! Eastern Floral owns this space which was perfect for us because we kept our decorations simple. They have all their seasonal floral on display throughout the front room. The chairs are amazing! They offer black chiavari chairs. The other places we looked at would charge you an additional fee for these chairs. They were comfortable and no need for chair covers. I would work with the Goei Center again in the future for any special event!

Sent on 09/08/2011

Jamie · Married on 06/04/2011

The Goei Center was the perfect venue for my wedding! We loved everything about it and so did our guests! The decor inside is already beautifully decorated by Eastern Floral (they own it) so you save a ton of money on buying decor. The black chairs are great too (you definitely don't want to put chair covers over them!) Our guests raved about how amazing the venue was and that they had never seen anything like it! Kylie, the event coordinator was awesome to work with, making our wedding day so easy and great. Kylie paid great attention to detail and helped us in every way. We used West Michigan Caterer (you can pick from a list of diff. caterers) and they were great as well...we highly recommend them for the bar too! Overall, The Goei Center made our wedding an AMAZING experience and I would highly recommend them to every bride to be out there!

Sent on 06/17/2011

R · Married on 08/11/2018

Very happy with everyone at the Goei Center. We had started working with Lindsay, but she left before our wedding. We then continued to work with Kylie, and the transition between them as coordinators was seamless. I always felt very well taken care of by each of them. They were both very responsive and helped our day go smoothly. They worked great with the caterer and E.Floral, to make sure the tables and centerpieces were ready to go and set up by the time we got there at 1PM, so we were able to do our own DIY set up.
    I also worked with Jane and Michaela to set up our bar, we selected specific amounts of alcohol, instead of doing a package. They were very understanding of when I made changes. In the beginning of my planning I changed things pretty often, and we emailed back and forth. They were always willing to help and gave me a great deal over all. The end amounts of alcohol turned out to be perfect!!! (130 people: 1 keg domestic, 1/2 keg Founders, 180 Liquor drinks, 24 bottles of wine, and unlimited soda).

Sent on 08/16/2018

We used the Goei for both our ceremony and reception. It's a gorgeous facility and everyone on the staff was wonderful to work with. The attentiveness we received was top notch!

Sent on 07/21/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

We are thrilled to hear your special day was all you could have imagined! Thank you for your kind words--they are greatly appreciated! Many years of health and happiness to you both :)

People will remember your wedding in a venue this unique!

Sent on 12/19/2012

Allison · Married on 09/30/2017

I had my wedding at The Goei Center on September 30, and it was absolutely amazing! Lindsay, the coordinator, was on top of things from the moment I visited the venue for the first time. She always had answers to all of our questions, gave us multiple options in many scenarios, and made sure we felt at ease during the entire process! Her organization, responsiveness, upbeat attitude, and eye for detail really ensured we had the best day.

I loved the fact that there were two separate spaces for the ceremony and reception, a beautiful garden area, a koi pond, and beautiful details throughout the entire venue. I fell in love with the aesthetic the moment I walked in. I received so many compliments from friends and family about the venue about how elegant and stunning it was - and I would have to agree!

I am so thankful I was able to have my wedding at The Goei Center, and I would absolutely recommend it to other couples looking to find their perfect place to say I do!

Sent on 04/06/2018
    The Goei Center 8
    The Goei Center 9
    The Goei Center 10

Allison · Married on 04/29/2017

The Goei Center was an amazing place to have our wedding! Lindsay was great to work with. She always answered emails very timely and even let us know before a vacation (months before our wedding) she would be gone. Everything at the Goei went perfect. Working with Lindsay made wedding planning easy. I was a little nervous about not being able to set up until the day of (which meant I wouldn't be there), but with the help of friends and the amazing staff everything turned out exactly as I pictured it. The large space was great, as no one felt cramped and so many guests complimented us on the fact it was the coolest venue they had ever been too. If I was to do it again, I would have it at the Goei. I have nothing but good things to say. The night went very smoothly and if there was an issue or a question the staff handled it without letting me or my husband know (even though I don't think there was).

Sent on 05/17/2017

Not only is The Goei Center stunning, the staff was responsive, flexible and always willing to listen/offer their assistance. They go step by step with you to make your event as special/perfect as can be. I 100% would recommend this site for your event and would host another event of my own there in the future.

Sent on 05/23/2016

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so very much for your kind words! We are happy to hear your special day was all you had dreamed of and grateful for the 100% recommendation as well :) All the best to you in your future as husband and wife!

I had my wedding reception at the Goei Center two weeks ago. We had about 210 guests and the venue was the perfect size. Lindsay was wonderful to work with. She was quick on answering any questions we had and when we wanted to make changes, she was very flexible. Lindsay was eager to work directly with the vendors that we used so that I didn't have to be the middle person which was wonderful! The staff that was there the night of the reception were also great and made sure that everything went smoothly so I didn't have to worry about a thing. I would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/07/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

You are so sweet, Jess! Thank you for your kind words :) It was an honor working with you and I am so happy your special day was all you hoped it would be!

Karen · Married on 07/18/2015

Lindsay Leiffers was awesome to work with at the Goei. She was very friendly and quick to respond to any questions we had during our planning. The Goei is a very unique venue and it was very beautiful.

Sent on 07/23/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kinds words, Karen :) It was a pleasure getting to know you and be a part of Kylie's special day!

Angela · Married on 06/26/2015

The Goei Center was such a wonderful venue for our ceremony and reception. It was exactly what I was looking for in an urban loft style venue. The space is huge and it perfectly accommodated our 175 guests and easily could have held many more. We loved that we were able to utilize the full space, the one room for the ceremony, bar and lounging, and the other room for the reception. The space also came with a great green room for the bridal party to store things in and utilize throughout the evening. We are so pleased with our decision to get married here and can't imagine getting married anywhere else. It may be helpful to know that this venue requires flowers and candles be purchased by the sister company, Eastern Floral, who while pricey, we also enjoyed our experience with and enjoyed knowing that they were familiar with the space and would set up flowers just how we wanted.

This venue is pricey but it was appreciated that there were affordable bar and food service providers that are preferred with the space which helped us manage costs. There are a lot of added fees for the add-ons (hanging of globe lights, hanging of lanterns, audio visual equipment, etc. ) This space has a day of host but does not include a day of coordinator so it is necessary to have your own set up crew and ideally a point person (master/mistress of ceremonies) to make sure things are running smoothly day of. Lastly, our families were initially deterred by the location and outside of the building seeming bland but don’t let that scare you away. It is such an awesome space and is so beautiful inside. We had no issues with safety the night of our wedding and no complaints from guests. The venue provides a security guard as well. There is also plenty of parking (up to about 175 between front and back lot) so folks don't have to park on the street. I received multiple compliments on the venue and many people said it was the coolest space they have ever been to for a wedding.

Sent on 07/01/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

I had such a great time getting to know you and Ben this past year through every step of the planning process! What an honor to be there to watch you walk down the aisle and be with you for your special day! I could see you enjoyed yourselves and were making memories to last a lifetime :)

Lyndsay · Married on 03/20/2015

Lindsay and the Goei Center made my wedding day run so smoothly! From the beautiful venue, to the flowers, to the service, my expectations were exceeded in all areas. I loved working with Lindsay and I felt like I had someone who truly cared about me during the entire process!

Sent on 04/08/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Lynds :) It was such an honor to work with you and be a part of your special day! God Bless you and Josh!

Jennifer · Married on 10/01/2011

Just had my reception and ceremony here, all in one spot on Oct.1 and I couldn't have been happier. It's a huge facility and what a beautiful place to have all of your guests spread out and enjoy all the lovely decor and the flowers that are always all over the place! Kylie and all the staff at Goei are fantastic to work with, very accommodating, and eastern floral does an incredible job with flowers, too. I think the Goei is the coolest venue in G.R. to get married- it has so much character with its creaky wood floors and the decor and vases all over the showroom- just an all-around perfect wedding. they did so well! I strongly recommend checking it out.

Sent on 10/17/2011

3.5

We loved hosting our wedding reception at the Goei Center. The wedding coordinator, Lindsay, was super easy to work with and made our planning a breeze. She paid close attention to detail, was responsive to emails and went the extra mile to assure we were satisfied. The venue was stunning the night of our wedding, and we got so many compliments from our guests. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. Definitely choose the Goei Center if you're looking for a venue that's fun and unique but still classy.

Sent on 09/17/2016

The Goei Center's reply:

We are honored to hear you would not have changed a thing :) Thank you so much for your kind words. Cheers to you in your future as husband and wife!!

The GOEi is a perfect. The space is great and it doesn't need much decoration. The team at the Goei was there for me every step of the way ready to help and make our day a success.

Sent on 05/02/2016

The Goei Center's reply:

Your kind words are truly appreciated and we are grateful :) We are so happy to hear your special day was a success here with us! Many years of health and happiness to you as husband and wife!!

Megan · Married on 01/16/2016

3.5

The Goei Center is a perfect venue for a wedding reception and the staff is amazing. Lindsay was very accommodating and really enjoyable to work with. Overall we had a great experince!

Sent on 02/04/2016

The Goei Center's reply:

Your kind words are greatly appreciated, Megan! You were such a sweet bride to work with :) All the very best to you in your future as husband and wife!!

Cara · Married on 11/14/2015

3.5

We had our wedding at the Goei Center and it was FANTASTIC! Lindsay, the event coordinator, was absolutely amazing to work with. She was timely in all of her responses, and always willing to go above and beyond to answer any questions or concerns that I had. We had both our ceremony and reception at the Goei Center and it turned out absolutely perfect. We received so many compliments from our guests on the timeliness of the whole day (not having several hours in between the ceremony/reception), and just how cool of a venue this was. My only critique is the cost. This is not something that Lindsay the event coordinator can control, but after speaking with other brides in the Grand Rapids area, I know that we paid quite a bit more than the others. However, you get what you pay for and our wedding was picture perfect. I would recommend the Goei Center 100 times over and over again!

Sent on 12/13/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Awww, thank you so very much Cara! I adored working with you and Spencer. To be a part of your special day, was truly lovely. It looked like a dream in here at the Goei :) I wish you both all the very best together as Husband and Wife!!
  • User5193022 · 2+ years ago

3.5

The Goei Center is absolutely beautiful! There were a few quirks we had to work through but I am overall very satisfied with the way my wedding turned out!

Sent on 06/20/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so very thrilled to hear you were very satisfied with your special day with us :) Many years of happiness to you both as husband and wife!

Josh · Married on 05/15/2015

3.5

Everything about this venue was great! Lindsay went above and beyond to help make our day the best that it could be. The only thing I comment on is the cost, but honestly who doesn't! Again, definitely will be recommending this venue to anyone.

Sent on 06/01/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so very much, Josh! It was a pleasure working with you...and I am so happy your special day was a memorable one :)

Amy · Married on 11/05/2011

When Doug and I were looking for a venue for our wedding we knew we wanted something unique. When we came across the Goei Center (it was actually suggested we check it out by a friend of the family who was also getting married there this year) I fell in love and actually changed our initial wedding date in order to be able to use their facilities. As previously mentioned, the rental rate was a little high but was overall a pretty decent value as the price included the tables, the incredible chairs and loads and loads of character (not to mention with all the art and floral arrangements on display there was little need for decoration in the ceremony/cocktail area). The space is absolutely beautiful with a modern vide .... I can't even begin to count how many compliments we had on our choice in venues. We were locked into using Eastern Floral for our flowers/centerpieces but were very happy with their work. We also had to select a caterer from a list of preferred vendors provided by the Goei Center. For me this was actually a blessing in disguise as too many options can be a little much for my indecisive nature. Another major upside to choosing the Goei Center .... the facility director Kylie! I can't even begin to describe how helpful she was, not only throughout the entire planning process but the day of the wedding as well. Knowing she was going to be there on our big day put me completely at ease and allowed me to sit back and enjoy the ride!

Sent on 11/17/2011

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Amy! It was truly an honor to be part of your special day. We wish you and Doug many happy years together!

Ryan · Married on 04/01/2017

Working with Lindsay is a breeze! She is very helpful throughout the process and coordinates everything the day of the wedding. You will most likely have to have your rehearsal somewhere else as the Goei gets booked up quick for many different types of events. Loved having our wedding here, especially the brand new huge bar in the main room.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/01/2014

If you have the opportunity to book this venue, DO IT! Your guests will love the fountains, koi pond, plants, artwork, wood floors, exposed brick & pipes, and separate bar area. We received nothing but rave reviews from our guests on how unique and cool this place is. DON"T LET THE DRIVE FOOL YOU -- it's in a weird, run-down industrial area (it was an old furniture factory) and is a little intimidating, but once you walk inside...you will be at a loss for words. It is a little on the rental-pricey side, but you get what you pay for. I held both my wedding ceremony and reception here on Nov 1st. The only reason it doesn't get all 5-stars is because they had some turnover during my planning months and I ended up working with three different coordinators -- this was a little frustrating at first because some details were lost in transition, but our final coordinators (Brenda and Lindsay) were fantastic. They accommodated all of my needs and found a way for the ideas in my brain to work in real life. Debi, our wedding day on-site coordinator, kept us all on schedule and made sure everything ran smoothly. The Goei Center was key to my amazing wedding-of-the-year!

Sent on 11/15/2014

Melissa · Married on 10/28/2016

The Goei Center is beautiful! Lindsay did a great job helping me with all of my questions and needs. My cake ended up not coming with flowers so she pulled some strings and got me some flowers so my cake wasn't bare! That was pretty awesome. I did not like having to use candles and fresh flowers from eastern floral because it was pricey, but they did a great job decorating. On our wedding day, I was a little irritated that we were trying to get things done and they were showing another couple the venue at the same time, which I thought was rude. We had to use specific vendors so it's hard to control the price. Overall, great place to get married if you are able to spend quite a bit of money.

Sent on 12/06/2016

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Melissa! You were a joy to work and get to know through the entire planning process. It was also my pleasure in helping with the cake flowers too ; ) Cheers to many years of happiness!!

Conner · Married on 08/25/2018

4.2

Kylie and Michaela did great job making our day exactly as we envisioned. I give them even more credit as their staff went through quite a few transitions with management changes during our planning process, which I know can be difficult. Their venue was absolutely beautiful with minimal decorations needed on our end. I'm extremely pleased with how our wedding and planning process unfolded.

Sent on 10/03/2018

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you Conner! We are so happy to hear your special day was exactly as you envisioned! Wishing you both the absolute best!