The Glenmar Studio Reviews

123 | Roslyn, NY

123 Reviews for The Glenmar Studio

Kim · Married on 06/18/2016

We can not describe how wonderful glenmar made us feel during our planning and wedding day. They went well beyond the call of duty. We booked the photographer and videographer like 2 years in advanced from the wedding. It was to be my gift from my father as me and my husband were paying for everything else. Unfortunately 6 months before the wedding my father was diagnosed with cancer and he could no longer pay for the videographer. I explained that to them that I wanted to cancel the videographer. They took the time to see if they can get the price down to be reasonable for my dad but he couldn't pay that either. I appreciated that more then anything and then they offered the videographer for free as a gift from the owner. I was more then lost for words and still am emotional as giving as they were to my family. They were wonderful the day of and I enjoyed my night to the fullest. Thank you glenmar and I will recommend them to anyone.

Also they did a wonderful job on our save the dates so perfect. Just love them.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Heather · Married on 06/11/2016

After my sister used Glenmar for her wedding in 2007, I met with them to discuss my own wedding in June 2016. The photographers are so friendly and easy to work with, and the pricing was very reasonable for the packages. We had two photographers on our wedding day, Dana and Carolyn, and a videographer, Russ. Each had a great eye for our shots and a friendly and professional demeanor that made it easier to relax in front of the camera. For our engagement photos, we worked with Mike, who was funny and immediately made us feel at ease. I highly recommend Glenmar for your wedding photos and video!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Michelle · Married on 05/21/2016

Very Family Oriented, photographers are friendly and personable as well as the company has done multiple weddings in my family. Originally had a different contract but got pregnant and things had changed due to lack of income to support our special day. Glenmar was more willing to accomodate our contract changes and even gave us a break considering the circumstances. The photos capture the most beautiful moments of my day, thank you Eli and Mike, you both are awesome!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Ashlee · Married on 04/16/2016

We had our engagement photos done with them and they came out great! We also got them back in record time!

We just got married on 4/16/16 and we used Glenmar Studio for our wedding as well and Allison was amazing!!! She was so flexible and made sure that we got every shot that we wanted and how we were doing. She was extremely friendly and such a pleasure to have at our wedding, she truly helped to make our wedding day great!! We would highly recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 01/16/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/03/2015

My photos are amazing and 3 months later i still love looking at them. Glenmar was very accommodating and they let me send them a bunch of photo ideas i found on pinterest and the photographer was able to get almost all of them (some couldn't be done due to the hurricane outside!). I would recommend them to everyone, they were perfect and helped make our wedding perfect. I still get tons and tons of compliments from our guests about how great they thought the Photographer himself (Dana) was and how beautiful all the pictures came out. Ask for Dana if you can, just perfect.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Andrew · Married on 08/22/2015

glenmar was perfect in every way. from the two photographers to the videographer, all were most professional. they did not get in the way and complied with out every request. we highly recommend them to all.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Megan · Married on 10/18/2014

We were lucky enough to have Allison as our photographer for both our engagement shoot and wedding. There isn't enough space here to write all the amazing things I would like to say about her. She is absolutely fantastic, after the engagement shoot she had the proofs to us that same week so we could choose which 8x10 to use for the wedding. When it came time for the wedding she more than listened to exactly what I wanted and delivered! That might not sound like a lot, but part of what I wanted was no family around for our first reveal and she seriously managed to make that happen (which is amazing when your mother wants to be at your side for everything). I will definitely use Glenmar again and am hoping I can request Allison for her amazing artistry and ability to truly care!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/10/2014

Our photographer and videographer were right on point from the moment they arrived at my house. They were so much fun and energetic and got the job done promptly . They were able to make kids laugh in photos and were a pleasure to work with . They understood my concerns as a bride and even had me take breaks in between photo shoots . I am very pleased with Glenmar it was a great experience with very talented people . Best of all the knew the grounds of Swan Club so well... Thank you-Mr. & Mrs. Schniebolk

Sent on 10/16/2014

Glenmar was recommended to me by a friend. It was a little out of the way for us, we being from the south shore of Suffolk (studio is in Roslyn Village), but it was worth the drive!
    We had the opportunity to view several different wedding albums during our first visit so they could get an impression of the style we liked and match us with the appropriate photographer. We were lucky to work with Joey, a photojournalist, who understood and respected that we were more interested in candid shots than portraits.
    Joey was great to work with the day of. I cannot wait to see the prints! Experience thus far has been wonderful and I would definitely recommend Glenmar Studio.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Sara · Married on 09/27/2014

We used Glenmar Studios for our photography (Mike) and videography (Russ) . These guys were incredible! They were fun and made us feel so comfortable. My husband is not the photo taking type and he even had a great time with them for our group photos. The whole experience with Glenmar was great from start to finish. Allison helped us pre-wedding and she helped us select this A-team that we loved working with! Definitely recommend Glenmar and Mike & Russ. We will be using them again I am sure! We haven't received our photo/video yet but Mike showed us a few on his camera and we loved them! Can't wait to see them all! These guys were so much fun!

Sent on 10/09/2014

We chose Glenmar after we saw a friends photos. OMG, they were beautiful.
    When we went to the studio to book our event we were welcomed into a charming space. Our appointment was very pleasant and we booked on the spot.
    For our event, we had two photographers, Joey for the bride and John for the groom - both at the venue. They were so easy to work with and so accommodating that we never felt pressured or intimidated to ask for any unique photo we wanted. Joey did the engagement shoot and we couldn't even pick our favorite photos since they all were beautiful.
    Can't wait to see what magic they worked on the wedding photos.

Sent on 10/06/2014

amazing amazing amazing. they make you feel so comfortable, are up for anything and capture every moment that you would want without missing a thing or ever being in your way! i couldn't be happier with joey and john!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Andrea · Married on 08/16/2014

Glenmar Studios was recommended by multiple family members and friends. We were not disappointed. From the first day we met with them Joey helped to make the whole experience easy and smooth. I loved the engagement pictures that we took and our save the dates came out perfect. I had found a design that I liked online and they were able to create a very similar look with our pictures. For the day of the wedding we had John as our main photographer and he was amazing. He kept all of us relaxed and laughing, even my flower girl who was 9 months old! I would highly recommend this vendor and look forward to working with them in the future.

Sent on 12/18/2014

Natasha · Married on 07/04/2014

I really lucked out with the Photographer. I worked with Joey who was so upfront and nice from the moment we met. She helped me customize our package for our split family. She did not pressure me to sign the contracts. After reviewing with my husband, we decided to book them.

They were always available via phone and email. All email responses were answered within 24 hours if not sooner.
    The week of our wedding we decided to add a photographer. The accepted a CC payment over the phone - it was easy.

The day of our wedding, John the photographer came to the brides house. He was funny, enthusiastic and ready to make memories.
    Mike, the photographer went with the groom. He followed the limo and got pictures of all the guys. He too was ready to go, with no issues.

When we got to the catering hall, and the revel happened - it was nice to have both photographers there. They complemented each other- and each had their own idea as to which pictures/poses we should do.

I have not received my photos yet, and I typically do not review before the final product, but I do not think I will be disappointed. And If I am, I will write again... But so far the experience has been an amazing one.

Sent on 07/15/2014

K · Married on 05/02/2014

Glenmar Studio assigned Arthur as our photographer for our wedding. The entire staff at Glenmar were great...professional and friendly. Arthur was was so patient and took any suggestion. ...and maintained his kind disposition despite my family popping in the way. He remembered all the shots we wanted even when we forgot in the heat of the joyous moment. We can't wait to get our photos back, we live Georgia so they had to ship our disc. Arthur gave us sneak peaks at some of our photos, so we have no doubt that they will all be beautiful and truly capture our happy day.

Sent on 05/28/2014

Rocco · Married on 11/29/2013

Joey and Allie are the best! Glenmar Studio is truly professional and the best in the business. Anyone getting married should really meet with Glenmar Studios!

Sent on 01/03/2014
  • Janine

Janine · Married on 11/01/2013

Everyone at the studio was professional from the moment we walked in! We did our engagement photos with Joey- she has a great creative eye! I wish we had a bigger budget to include her as a second photographer for the wedding! John was our wedding photographer and he was also amazing! He had my "list" of pictures with him, he managed to get everyone's picture taken and he was very personable. I do not have a bad word to say. Of course I CANNOT WAIT to see the pictures he captured- posed and candid! I would definitely recommend The Glen Mar Studio for your needs- they listen to what you want, they handle everything professionally and I was able to speak with them anytime I called. Top notch job!

Sent on 11/14/2013

When we booked Glenmar over a year ago I had no doubt that Ali would be a great photographer, she surpassed great for our wedding and I am so lucky to have booked her and also have gotten Melissa as our second photographer. This is an amazing studio and they nailed my vision on our wedding day. I felt like we were with close friends they truly became a part of our family for the day. We haven't gotten our proofs yet but if they are anything like our engagement shoot I know they will knock it out of the park. Highly recommend this studio.

Sent on 11/14/2013

Amy · Married on 06/07/2013

I can't say enough good things about Glenmar Studios in Roslyn, NY. Our photographer, Mike, was amazing. He was so easy-going and a pleasure to work with, both when taking portraits and during the reception. He was able to get amazing pictures without interfering with the guests' enjoyment. The studio is excellent - super professional and knowledgeable yet incredibly accommodating and easy to work with.

Sent on 03/09/2015

I had used The Glenmar Studio for my wedding. They were AWESOME! They were very easy to work with during the planning process. All the concerns I had were taking care of professionally and quickly which put me at ease. Our photographers and videographer were so much fun to work with! My husband and I love to laugh and take humorous photo's so there were a few we wanted that we thought of spur of the moment. They loved the idea's and made them come together. One thing that really stood out to me was the research they did on my venue. They arrived earlier and scouted out the grounds. This stood out because it showed how much they cared. I realized made the right a lot of my jitters I had the day of the wedding completely disappeared. I can't wait to see what the photo's look like! You will be very satisfied as I did for your event.

Sent on 06/20/2013

John was our photographer and he was amazing! He was on time, actually a few minutes early, extremely friendly and polite and got all of the pictures that I wanted. I cannot wait to see the wedding albums. We also had a videographer that Glenmar recommended and he was amazing as well.

Sent on 05/13/2013

Nicole · Married on 11/24/2012

Went above and beyond to meet my expectations. I chose a specific photographer after viewing different albums in their studio based on her journalistic style of shooting. Unfortunately, she was unable to shoot my wedding (fortunately because she was pregnant and too far along by the time my wedding came around) and the Glenmar Studio went above and beyond to try to make me happy and confident that someone could shoot my wedding and get me what I was looking for. The pricing couldn't be better! SIGNIFICANTLY less than other local photographers and lacking nothing. My album is gorgeous and they allowed me to sit and help edit and design the pages according to my picky taste.

*Most importantly, my thank you cards were the best I have seen/received. It's been two years and I still get asked about where I got them.

Sent on 03/25/2015

Sally · Married on 10/20/2012

Joey and Karen from Glenmar did the photography for our October 2012 wedding. We are very happy with our photos. We opted not to purchase albums because we want to make our own smaller, very personal photo books for lots of different people as holiday gifts this year - Glenmar was the only studio we met with that didn't noticeably lose interest in us after learning we didn't want to drop an additional $1000 on a photography album and just wanted high res disks to own. They were also warm to us throughout the entire consultation process and understood us and our needs. I didn't see my DH on the day of our wedding before the ceremony, and because we were getting married at night, we wanted to do a wedding party photo shoot the day before to take advantage of the light and fall foliage. Lots of photographers we met with were not flexible about this or didn't "get" what we wanted. Joey understood right away and made us feel like our idea was great. When the time came to do the actual shoot, the weather was bad, and Joey jumped right in to help us make it work anyway.

We got married at The Swan Club. I would recommend Joey and Karen from Glenmar no matter where you are getting married, but especially if you are getting married at The Swan Club. They really know the venue/grounds. They also worked wonderfully with the staff there to make sure we got all the photos we needed.

My DH and I are light-hearted people and wanted our photos to have a sense of humor - to be glamorous yet fun. Well, when we got our disks in the mail, my DH and I sat clicking through the images and couldn't stop laughing. Our personalities really come through in the photos thanks to the skills of the photographers.

Sent on 11/10/2012

Sasha · Married on 09/22/2012

I did both photography and videography with Glenmar. They are very professional and easy to work with. Our photographers and videographer the day of the wedding were simply amazing. My photographer was very socialble and he made sure he took what he need quickly and at the reception i barely new he was there which is good. I haven't recieved my photos yet but i'm sure from a preview that they'll be awesome. I'll update my review once we recieve our albums.

Sent on 10/10/2012

Kelly · Married on 09/21/2012

Loved our photographers! We had John and Mike as our photographers and we also used their videography services. I feel terrible that I dont remember the videographers name but he was awesome. He wasnt intrusive or overbearing and he was really really sweet. John and Mike had very different photo styles which I'm sure will get us some great diverse shots. They were on time and professional and had great ideas. My husband had Mike with him while he was getting ready and told me 1000 times during the night how much he loved him. They were all a lot of fun and did a great job at making everyone comfortable in front of the camera. John was great in getting the kids to pose for him and we got through all of our formals quickly and painlessly. Im super excited to see our proofs!

Sent on 09/22/2012