12 Reviews for The Ginger Armadillo

Organic (1)
Vegan (1)
Bartender(s) (1)
12 The Ginger Armadillo Reviews

We knew right away Ginger Armadillo was going to be the choice for our big day after the first bite. Chef Jen has such a wide menu of offerings and was really easy to work with on building a package that worked for our event. She was able to give us a lot of great advice about how to best feed guests at the largest party we've ever thrown. We heard nothing but rave reviews of every single dish from our guests. Working with Chef Jen really was an absolutely pleasure.

Profile Picture Ann Marie & Daniel, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Thank you so much, Ginger Armadillo!

Jen and her fabulous staff of servers catered my wedding in Dripping Springs, TX. IT WAS FABULOUS. Not only did I get countless comments on how good the food was, her service was beyond impeccable. On top of that, she offered the most competitive pricing that we saw for any food trunk in the area. My husband and I could not have been more pleased, and would absolutely hire Ginger Armadillo again for any catering needs.

Some of the biggest hits on our menu were her bbq tacos, carne guisada, veggie chili and cornbread and her brisket mac n cheese. Nom, nom, nom!

Just FYI, Jen also made herself available for tastings and whatever else we needed in the prior months leading up to our wedding as well. We could not have asked for a more attentive vendor. Thanks again Jen!

Profile Picture Natasha, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I used the Ginger Armadillo for my wedding in May and cannot say enough amazing things about Jen and her team. I just wanted delicious food that reflected my downtown Austin wedding and The Ginger Armadillo was the perfect fit. From the first moment I reached out, Jen was extremely responsive and accommodating. She set up two separate tastings - one for my dad and one for my fiance and I, because we were planning the wedding from out of town. She sent pictures of food when needed, gave great recommendations and even personalized one of our dishes to our preferences. The day of the event, she and her team were incredibly professional and on top of every detail. The food was even more delicious the day of the wedding than when I tasted it and all my friend and family loved it - it was truly the highlight of the night (besides getting married!) and we are still getting complements. Jen is JOY to work with and I would recommend her to anyone!!

Profile Picture Paige, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Gluten Free, Vegetarian, American, Latin American, Local, Mexican, Southern, Southwestern

Chef Jenn provided an amazing dinner for my daughter’s wedding. I still hear raves from friends. You will not find a better value.

Profile Picture Dan, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Chef Jen and her team will make your wedding day so special! Our guests loved being able to pick their food and everything was hot and SUPER tasty. They were able to provide us with a bartender as well and the evening went very smoothly. She responded very quickly to our emails and thoroughly answered all of our questions. We highly recommend their services.

Profile Picture Lauren , 3/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We booked The Ginger Armadillo about two months before our wedding and they were just awesome!
Lucky for us they were available with such short notice and responded in a timely fashion. Communication was great.
We planned our wedding from out of town so it was difficult to find businesses we could trust without actually being in Austin.
Chef Jen and her crew were AMAZING.
We tied the knot at Pecan Springs Ranch on April 17th, 2016. Despite the pouring rain their crew was on time and ready to go.
Our family and friends loved the food and we received so many compliments!
Everyone's inner child came out with the build your own mac & cheese bowl station.
I told Chef Jen I was really sad I did not get to finish all my delicious food because being the bride with all the commotion and the storm I was stressed and kept being pulled away from my table!
We visit Austin often because of family and that's why we had our wedding in the area. If you get married in the heart of Texas I highly recommend Ginger Armadillo! Next time I visit I'm hoping to catch them and finish my meal!

Profile Picture Kandolite, 4/17/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Server(s), Stations, American

Jenny catered our wedding and made us some fantastic food! She tailored what she made to fit perfectly with the theme of the wedding and made sure people with some special dietary requirements had a stellar meal as well. I can't recommend the Ginger Armadillo enough! Just brilliant. :)

Profile Picture Scott, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We hired Jen and team to cater our wedding in Wimberley, and while epic flooding in the area forced us all to go "off schedule" on the big day, Jen & team's professionalism and willingness to "go with the flow" as far as serving times, etc, were absolutely on point. Food quality was superb (think Texas fare with a gourmet twist!) and the price for my event was a great value compared to other food trucks. Jen is a professional chef and is well versed in what types of appetizers & entrees work best for an event, as well as what wines to pair. In addition she is extremely personable, met with us for a tasting, and drove out to our venue in Wimberley prior to wedding day to discuss logistics and make sure that everything would be perfect for our event. The Ginger Armadillo provided bartenders and mixers as well, which was one less thing for us to have to hire out. If you are looking for personal service, an interesting menu, and a team you can count on to go above and beyond for your event, I highly recommend The Ginger Armadillo. I promise, you will be delighted!

Profile Picture kendall, 5/30/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Southern, Southwestern, Clean Up, Set Up, Vegetarian

Chef Jen was so very accommodating, helpful, and kind. For our tasting, she even delivered everything to our home, so we got to sit at our table and discuss our thoughts on the food in the privacy of our own home. For the things we wanted to change (such as salt levels/seasoning, types of bread/rolls, etc.), she adjusted without any complaint or judgement ;). We also got to pay for how much our guests ate, rather than having to pay for a flat amount of food and have tons of leftovers (which, incidentally, MANY catering companies don't even let you keep--they just toss it all, no joke); I thought that was pretty cool.

They brought the truck to the venue, but we chose to have them set up a buffet so our guests could get through the line faster than standing in line at the truck (whether or not it actually was faster, I don't know, but it was one of those things that Chef Jen did our preferred way without complaint).

My very biggest concern when choosing a caterer was finding someone that used ethically raised meats, which Chef Jen assured us she did and shared her sources (pasture-raised hens for her egg source, too!) and her prices were SO reasonable. I was very fortunate that my parents picked up the tab for the food, so I don't know the exact cost, but I remember that Chef Jen was so very reasonable compared to other caterers we looked at who weren't even using ethical sources.

Oh yeah, and the food was DELICIOUS!!! If I had it to do over, I would absolutely use The Ginger Armadillo again. In fact, I hope to host a party for my clients in the next year or two and I'll definitely be giving Chef Jen a call for that.

Profile Picture Jillian, 12/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Local, Southern, Delivery, Buffet, Tastings, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

I've used the Ginger Armadillo several times for groups of 10 to 30 guests at my house, and I will again. The food is always great and I can always count on Chef Jen to be there at the right time with the right stuff. She's great to work with, fun to have around, and completely flexible working around dietary needs. Give her a call and tell her what you need. You'll be glad you did.

Profile Picture Steve, 8/17/06, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We are still raving about the food and service at our wedding. We did something a little unusual and they delivered. Ginger Armadillo, Chef Jen, developed a menu that was extraordinary as it was exactly what we wanted! She went the extra mile and made sure our bands/vendors were taken care of as well. Her setup made sure all guest could be fed even if there was a line. I would use them again in a heart beat and so glad she signed our guest book and was truly more than just another vendor that showed up.

View Vendor Response