76 Reviews for The Gatehouse

Dance Floor (1)
Furniture (1)
Chocolate Fountain (1)
71 The Gatehouse Reviews

They were so on the ball and very helpful. Any last minuet thing we needed they were able to provide. My son actually blacked out because he locked his knees and they were right there on the spot to help him and help one of our guest take care of him until the vows were finished. I loved how there was someone there just to take care of the bride and groom and make them plates.

Profile Picture Leia, 6/2/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Tables, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s)

We could not thank Christi Edwards at The Gatehouse enough! Our wedding and reception were perfect because of all of the hard work Ms. Christi and her staff put in. Everything ran smoothly, and multiple gusts commented on how beautiful the decor was! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Profile Picture Kaitlynn, 1/13/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Aisle Markers, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

I had my wedding here on October 28, 2017. I highly recommend the Gatehouse! Christi was very helpful and the forms they have on the Gatehouse website made the planning super easy. I had no anxiety on my wedding day knowing everything was taken care of by Christi and the rest of the staff! Everything went smoothly and everyone had so much fun! I have heard nothing but complements from the guests :-)

Profile Picture Abigail, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Aisle Markers, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Christi was amazing! She didn't miss a beat and answered every question we had. The venue is beautiful, the food was delicious, and the staff was friendly. Overall, a wonderful experience.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Christi and her team made planning our wedding such an easy and fun process. They say if the wedding Christi and her team were awesome and always around if we needed anything! I highly recommend having your ceremony and reception here! It was such a beautiful place!

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I really cherish the experience I had with the Gatehouse! Christi made everything flow and was so easy on my my special day.

Profile Picture Candice, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This is the best wedding venue EVER! Our guests raved about the food, and Christi Edwards (owner) made the planning experience seamless and simple! The decor is absolutely beautiful, the music was perfect, and the whole event was more than my family and I could have ever hoped for. This was truly a dream wedding!!

Profile Picture Erin, 3/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

my daughter had her wedding there 12/10/2016. it was perfect. everyone and i mean everyone had a great time. the bride and groom enjoyed everything instead of stressing over everything. christie and crew took care of every detail. the food, decorations, cake, dj, and all little details were perfect. it was beautiful. would recommend this place to anyone.

Profile Picture darnell, 12/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Everything was so amazing. I just can't say enough about organized the entire thing was. So worry free and beyond fabulous! I highly recommend Christi and the The Gatehouse. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Loryn, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

While taking care of everything detail for me, The Gate House staff catered to every personal need I had also. The atmosphere and setting were perfect. Our guest were impressed with the overlook and flow of the entire day. I was a stress free Bride, which is top priority for the big day! I would recommend The Gate House to my closesystem of friends and family!

Profile Picture Tiffany , 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

So my Granddaughter had a surprise 55th Anniversary luncheon here at the Gatehouse! The Gatehouse was so lovely and more. Words can not describe how much I loved the place. We had just flooded and it was amazing how loving and caring the staff and Christi was. This luncheon made our 55th anniversary AMAZING!!! The food was so good! Outside was amazing! We took picture by the pretty bridge with the pond and by the swing! I would recommended this place to anyone! This day is one day I will never forget and I'm glad the Gatehouse was there to make my day perfect!

Profile Picture lylia, 9/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I was very stressed coming into the planning process for my wedding and Christi did everything she possibly could (and beyond!) to make sure that was all handled. She listened to my concerns and my ideas and utilized all of the décor and tools she already had (was very impressed with the stock) to make my wedding exactly what I had pictured and brought to her via pinterest & Instagram. She guided us through the ENTIRE NIGHT I felt like I had my own personal assistant and I had no idea that we would be getting that kind of service. If you're wanting the BEST value for your dollar - Gatehouse is unrivaled. And we've been to PLENTY weddings. I would have it here every time. Thanks so much again to Christi and her amazing team!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had THE BEST experience working with Christie at the Gate House! She made the planning super easy with pre-made worksheets and responded quickly to all my emails. I would recommend this event space to any and all brides! Thank you so much Christie for making our wedding reception so perfect!!

Profile Picture rebecca, 4/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This is a fantastic location. We had about 100 guests, and we had no issues fitting everyone in. There's also a spacious outside area, where guests can mingle and the music isn't so loud, so it's really twice the space. It also looks beautiful at night.

The package we got included the fee for the wedding cake and the DJ service, so in the end, it was also the best value we found of the other venues in the Baton Rouge area.

Profile Picture Richard, 1/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was the perfect day and the perfect wedding. Christi worked so well with us. It was so beautiful and we didn't have to worry about anything. All my guest said it was the best wedding/reception they've been too. They loved the venue and the food!

It was my daughter's dream wedding. Thanks Christi and the Gatehouse!

Profile Picture User6046740, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Christi and her staff were professional and courteous. They were very well organized and helped guide you through the entire wedding/reception process which eliminated a lot of stress. It was wonderful to be able to have an all-inclusive package.

The Gatehouse is a beautiful facility, both inside and outside, well decorated and excellent food.

Truly outstanding service!

Profile Picture Darlene, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was such a great experience working with the staff at the Gatehouse. Everything was fantastic! Everyone had a great time and raved about how great the food was and how perfect the venue was set up for our wedding and reception. Even the staff joined me in a line dance which was so fun! Thanks again for a fantastic experience. I will definitely recommend the Gatehouse to future brides!

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/1/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We felt very comfortable with the staff at every stage of the planning of our wedding. They could not have been more helpful!!

Profile Picture Kevin and Doren , 7/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

My husband and I had our wedding at The Gatehouse in July. It was everything we wanted! The venue is beautiful, the food was great, and the decor was exactly what I wanted. Christi took care of everything and made the planning process very easy. She has wedding planning down to a science and her planning guide simplifies the decision-making process. She is so organized and it makes planning run smoothly. The day of the wedding was stress-free! It was an amazing experience and we were all so happy with the venue and the services provided through The Gatehouse. If you are looking for a venue in Baton Rouge, The Gatehouse has so much to offer!

Profile Picture Heather, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I had my wedding here almost a year ago, and I cannot tell you how many people are STILL telling me how amazing it was. The food, the venue, the decor - everything was beyond fabulous. As the bride I expected to be completely stressed out and have a pretty intense day but I could not have been more wrong. From the moment I stepped into the building, Christi and her staff did the most phenomenal job of taking care of every single thing. I can truly say it was one of the most memorable days of my life thanks to the staff. Anyone looking to get married needs to look into going here for their service and DEFINITELY for their reception. I cannot say enough good things about The Gatehouse. From starting to plan to the actual ceremony, it could not have been a more flawless experience. Thank you so much for making my wedding planning and day so easy and so perfect!

Profile Picture Kayleigh, 6/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Server(s), Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Aisle Markers, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Decor, Lighting, Tables

The Gatehouse is such an elegant place to have a wedding or other event. The inside and outside area are both fun and beautiful. The gazebo, pond, and gardens were lovely for an outside party. We had a great time.
What made our day so easy going was Christi; she was so helpful! Everything I needed, she was able to get or help me with. She made the day perfect with her attention to detail. She is absolutely wonderful!
If you want a wedding place with amazing food, The Gatehouse is the one for you. Our family and friends could not stop talking about what was served! The hors d'oeuvres were delicious and all had a touch of Louisiana. We still have people telling us that it was the best wedding food they have had.
The music was lively and the service was amazing. We could not have asked for a more perfect day.
The Gatehouse is the best place to have your wedding!

Profile Picture Valerie, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Invitations, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The Gatehouse is the best place to have your wedding!

Profile Picture Valerie, 5/30/15, 1 Review

The only thing I didn't like is not being able to taste the food that was provided before our wedding. But other than that everything looked so beautiful after it was decorated.

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the best choice by far to have our wedding! Everything was PERFECT! And for all the services they provide, we found them to be the best price as well. They not only made our wedding our dream wedding, they made it affordable. There was not one single complaint or thing I'd change about my experience with the Gatehouse, from planning to the actually wedding, everything was perfect. PERFECT. From the food, to the music (which we had very particular requests for), the cake, the drinks, everything they did with ease and I never once had to stress over any of it. Not one single thing was incorrectly done. The process exceeded our expectations by so much more.

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/14/15, 2 Reviews