The Gardens of Cranesbury View Reviews

The Gardens of Cranesbury View 5
The Gardens of Cranesbury View 6
The Gardens of Cranesbury View 7

Charlene · Married on 07/08/2011

All I can say is WOW!!!! Amy and her staff were so wonderful and I can not thank them enough. They made our wedding so special and the wedding day was perfect. The decorations and flowers were so much better than I imagined. I really appreciate how they kept us on schedule, I know myself or family would have never been able to do that. I also felt that the way Amy held my hand through the whole process really made me feel like I was the only bride she had. Even though I know they have many bride's to deal with and I always had many questions and emails. All of the vendors that Amy suggested were great and all my family and friends couldn't stop gushing over how beautiful evrything was. If there is a bride out there want great service, I suggest you run out and book The Gardens of Cranesbury View as soon as possible.

Sent on 08/01/2011

Tori · Married on 07/02/2011

Amy and her staff is amazing!!! They have every little detail down to the wire!! We booked Amy at the Gardens a year and a half before my wedding. A lot of time went by, but I would email her through out that time with questions. I went in with the knowledge of what came with the venue price and what didn't, so I knew if I wanted linens and pretty flowers and reception decor, I knew it was all going to be extra. Just tell her you are on a budget, and she will ensure to use the prettiest decorations within your budget range. She is your florist also, so she did an amazing job with that. I'm not picky on my flowers, I just told her the colors I was looking for, and told her to use her imagination and she did! They came out amazing!

Amy was very accommodating with all of my needs when it came to budget and style!

There is also a 12% fee that gets added onto your catering bill. If your caterer is $5000 bucks, thats $600 dollars that goes to Amy. So always be sure and ask about hidden fees. READ YOUR CONTRACT FRONT TO BACK to ensure you know everything!!!! I feel like I wasn't surprised, because I read my contract over and over again.

I think Amy and her staff is very professional, they care about every detail. But I do recommend talking to your coordinator before the wedding. I know the day of coordinator is just trying to make sure everything is perfect, but Kristin, kind of added extra stress to some of my bridesmaids and groomsmen because she was worried tooo much about the little things. I talked with Amy about this, and she says because every bride is different this is now a conversation that's going to be had before the wedding. Like how involved you want your coordinator to be. Speak up! Especially if you are a bride that gets stressed about the little things. Maybe have your go to person be your mom or MOH and then that way, they can take the questions. If you don't want to put that on your mom or MOH, tell them you want all the questions to be referred to you, or the groom.

She came to me for little things, and I think that could have been worked out without my family. Like I wanted to take pictures in the gardens before the wedding, but she got mad at my photographer for taking me outside where everyone could see me. I guess I didn't explain myself before hand that it's what I wanted. I didn't care if everyone saw, as long as my fiance didn't see.

Also, she wanted a little basket for the dollar dance, but there wasn't one. She made a bigger deal of it than it had to be, they could have just held the money.

We had an icecream cake for the grooms cake, and it was a little melted in the corner, but she was worried I would be mad. She asked if I still wanted to bring it out I said sure! why not? no big deal.

I just felt like she worried toooo much about the little things, a stressed out bride could get overwhelmed by that. I luckily didn't.

On the other hand, I do want to make a point that I would rather my coordinator be overly worried about the details, than not doing enough. So I want to stress that, it wasn't that big of a deal! She still got a tip for her outstanding service :)

Day of coordinators don't usually come with the package at a venue. Soooo it's really great that this comes with the package. Day of coordinators can be anywhere from 500-1000 bucks. So thank your lucky stars that you have Amy's staff working your wedding!!!

There is a reason people choose the Gardens of Cranesbury View and it's not just because of her beautiful venue. It's because of all the hard work Amy's staff puts in to making the best day of your life truly memorable.

Sent on 07/28/2011

Sarah · Married on 06/24/2011

The Gardens of Cranesbury View is a beautiful venue. They offer the whole package, including flowers, linens, and day of wedding coordination. Set in the gorgeous Texas hill country, this place is so beautiful! I had an absolutely wonderful wedding here.

Sent on 08/16/2011

Sara · Married on 05/29/2011

We had the best wedding that we could have ever imagined! I couldn't imagine how it would have happened without Amy.
    Everything was EASY for us throughout the wedding planning process, the rehearsal, and the wedding itself. EVERYTHING was taken care of.

Ladies.. The price is SO worth it if you want a worry-free and hassle-free beautiful wedding!!

PS- it is the most beautiful venue ever!!

Sent on 08/16/2011

Cynthia · Married on 05/21/2011

My daughter just had her wedding on May 21, 2011 at the Gardens of Cranesbury View. To say it was the most beautiful wedding is an understatement. The professionalism of Amy and her staff was EXCELLENT! It was as if we had hired a professional wedding coordinator. We did not have to worry about a single thing all night. Amy and her staff made sure everything ran smoothly, so that we could enjoy our children's wedding. Everything from the venue, the ceremony and the flowers turned out amazing. We have not stopped receiving compliments about this memorable day. We visited several venues in the area and nothing came close to the Gardens of Cranesbury View. We highly recommend any couple getting married, to look into this venue. You will not be disappointed. We feel so blessed to have met all the wonderful staff at this venue and feel quite honored to have the opportunity to have had our wedding there.

Sent on 06/14/2011

MaryAnn · Married on 04/16/2011

Amy is absolutely amazing in every way. The venue is beautiful and serene and her and her staff are there supporting you and helping in anyway they can. I felt as she was our very own personal wedding planner. I recommend her to every one I meet. My daughter's wedding was beautiful and Amy assured me and took care of every little detail along the way. All I can say is WOW! Wish I was getting married! If you have not visited this venue, take the time to do so!

Sent on 06/13/2011

Stefanie · Married on 03/26/2011

We just had our wedding there on March 26, 2011 and it was gorgeous! Amy and her staff made sure that my day went off without a hitch. Any important questions or concerns they had on the day of, she asked my fiance (now husband), instead of coming to worry me with them. For that alone, I would recommend Amy and her venue!! Amy was such a great help through the entire planning process; always friendly and quick to respond to any questions I had.

All venues can get a little pricey if you include all the little things and want to go the extra mile with your wedding (outside lights, more tables, linens, etc). The price at this venue is well worth everything Amy and her staff do for you. When you consider the fact that Amy basically acts as your wedding planner on the day of your wedding and coordinates the logistics of everything, as well as handling all the cleanup after the wedding, I think that this venue is well worth it.

We also used Amy for our flower arrangements and they turned out beautifully! We used Anne Marie's Catering for our wedding and the food was DELICIOUS! We heard nothing but good things all night long about the food and the beautiful venue. Our wedding was an incredible experience and I am definitely going to recommend Amy to all of my engaged friends in the future!! :)

Sent on 04/11/2011

Jenni · Married on 10/23/2010

Amy, is very very helpful in all the planning, and stress that goes into planning a wedding. She is always so excited and always has a big smile on her face. She was such a huge blessing in all of this, and I am so happy with my decision to have my wedding here.

Sent on 11/09/2010

Gaby · Married on 10/10/2010

I recently had my wedding at the Gardens of Cranesbury View and it was a dream come true. The entire venue from where the ceremony took place to the reception area was breathtaking. Amy the Owner/Wedding Planner was so patient and helpful during the entire process and especially the day of. So to all the brides-to-be, if you are looking for a venue that has it all from the set-up to the cleaning, I strongly recommend the Gardens of Cranesbury View.

Sent on 10/21/2010

Kylee · Married on 07/23/2010

If I could give a 10 star rating I would! Amy is amazing! When we had questions, she was there to offer an answer or help right away! We could not have had such a great wedding if it were not for Amy! Set up and clean up were all done by her staff, and she also contacts all vendors to make sure they are on the same page. There was absolutely no stress for the wedding because Amy made it that easy! I would DEFINITELY recommend this venue for any wedding ceremony and reception!

Sent on 07/27/2010

Karin · Married on 06/27/2010

My husband and I got married on June 27, 2010 and it was a wonderful experience. Amy was so personable and professional. For a bride, her vision and knowledge was so helpful and appreciated. We both felt the prices were reasonable and we chose off of her vendor list and got rave reviews on both the cake and the food!!! Being a perfectionist, I really loved the fact that Amy was easy to get ahold, responsive, and flexible. I was relieved at the ease of the process and couldn't imagine our day being any more fabulous and memorable! The venue is so beautiful inside and out and with the natural beauty of things, not much more needs to be done to enhance the day! Thanks Amy!

Sent on 10/27/2010

David · Married on 06/06/2010

This venue was amazing, it had everything we were looking for. Amy Collins helped us out every step of the way, recommended some ideas where we would have been lost otherwise, and did a terrific job with the flowers. She and her crew were a well oiled machine and we felt completely confident in everything she did for us. She made our day run very smoothly, and I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/21/2010

Kari · Married on 05/30/2010

We were married May 30, 2010 and the Gardens of Cranesbury view and I do not even know how to express my appreciation for Amy and her staff. Everything was perfect! Amy is extremely professional, caring, and a joy to be around. It is the perfect place to get married. Not only do you get a beautiful venue, but aslo a woderful wedding coordinator. Amy is extremely organized and easy to work with. She helped make our dreams a reality. She understands detail and creates beautiful centerpieces. She knows how to transform your ideas (even if they are unusual like incorporating fruit and veggietables into the centerpieces and bouquets) into beautiful elements in your wedding. I cannot thank Amy enough for all of her hard work. We will always have fond memories of Amy and the Gardens of Cranesbury View. For those of you with a bad experience, I do not understand and appologize that you did not have the wonderful experience that so many of us have had. Thanks Amy!

Kari and Tim Hair

Sent on 07/05/2010

Mary Ann · Married on 04/24/2010

My daughter, Emily, was married at The Gardens of Cranesbury View on April 24, 2010. As the parents of the bride, we could not have been happier with the beauty of the gardens, reception hall, patio area, etc. Not only did we have the wedding and reception there, Amy Collins also did the flowers for Emily's wedding. AMAZING!!! One of the best decisions that was made during the planning of the event! The day of the wedding when Emily and I first saw the reception hall actually decorated, we were speechless. It was magnificient and even more beautiful than we ever expected! Amy's has a gift of noticing even the smallest detail and everything came together so perfectly for Emily & JJ's special day.

As Emily's mom, I truly appreciated that Amy took care of all of the decorations for the wedding. All we had to do was deliver the items to her and when we arrived on the day of the wedding, everything was done - with no stress for us on the wedding day. Amy's organizational skills makes everything run so smoothly. She was always there to remind us of anything that we had not thought of. She contacted all of our vendors to make sure they had everything they needed so that everything would run smoothly on the day of the wedding. She was so accomodating to anything that we needed to change before the wedding day, and was ALWAYS so pleasant and cheerful! We had over 300 guests and somehow Amy made room for the "large" dance floor that Emily wanted. We had one huge, fabulous party!!!! It was magical!

And, as a parent of the bride, I have to say this - I was SO happy and excited that our guests enjoyed themselves so much on that day! We received so many compliments from our guests on The Gardens of Cranesbury View and about Amy personally and that is such a great feeling. I would highly recommend this venue to any bride and groom.

Sent on 05/11/2010

Charlene · Married on 12/05/2009

This venue is absolutely beautiful, but this is not the best part of this venue it's the owner Amy! Right from the start we felt like we were in great hands. She was behind the sene of our wedding making sure it was our dream come true. She and her very friendly staff went out of there way to make it fantastic. We had some problems with one of our vendors, we had gone with a someone else for flowers. What a mistake! Needless to say, we did not have any flowers as of the day before our wedding. Amy when down to San Antonio that day and put together the most beautiful bouquet I could have imagined and well along with our other flowers. What could have been a disaster she turned it into a dream. We also had some of the same vendors that the previous brides talked about, and they all have the up most respect for the owner and her venue. Thank you again for our beautiful day!

Sent on 01/02/2010

Mariah · Married on 07/12/2009

I had the extreme fortune of having my wedding at the Gardens of Cranesbury View in July 2009. Amy is the owner/wedding coordinator/flower extraordinaire/your "honorary maid of honor"-- she is absolutely 100% amazing and you can tell how much she truly enjoys her "job". Having her own venue has been her dream for 20 years and now that it has come to fruition, she does everything possible to ensure that each and every couple get exactly what they want. Every time I was around her I felt like I was with the Head Cheerleader because she was SO excited about my wedding! :-) I was Amy's 5th wedding since they opened in June 2009 but you would not have known it by the efficiency of the establishment.

As for the facilities itself, just go visit. As previous reviews have stated, the European style house provides an excellent Bridal Suite for prepping before the wedding. We had our wedding outside where Amy has lovely white chairs and a beautiful gazebo. The courtyard is an excellent "spill-over" area for guests to relax. We had our bar set out there with our photobooth (that was fun) and guests enjoyed visiting out there. The reception hall easily accommodated our 160 guests with a decent size dance floor in the middle.

Last but not least, Amy did my flowers as well and I could not have been happier. They were arranged exactly as we agreed and very fresh.

If you are looking for a romantic ceremony & reception hall combo then simply visit and you will have your location. Having just opened in June 2009 and already being completely booked for 2010, the venue and its "Amazing Amy" speak for themselves.

*In response to HappilyMarried123, it is a misfortune that she remembers her wedding so poorly. However, I must say that the word "rude" could never describe Amy or Charlie and I know for a fact that the vendors that HappilyMarried used, still continue their relationship with GCV.

Sent on 01/23/2010

Linda · Married on 06/13/2009

My Husband and I wanted our ceremony and reception to really reflect our love of nature, and the glory of God�s creation. We didn�t know where to start looking, and that�s why I�m so grateful for our wedding planner Meghann. She knew of this amazing place, with this wonderful story, and a truly dedicated lady that would be exactly what we were looking for.

The Gardens of Cranesbury View was everything we dreamed of! From the moment we met Amy, we knew this was the place for our celebration. Her enthusiasm about our wedding and attention to our every question and detail, was so appreciated.

We felt such a sense of peace about this place, and this was even before we got the tour! PARADISE! These gardens are stunning, and the reception hall is majestic! The fountains were an unexpected surprise (our last name translates to �fountains� ;), and welcomed enhancement to our ceremony and reception. We felt like we were in another country with such lovely scenery.

Our guests were so amazed by the grounds, fountains, flowers, scripture verses, and butterflies! Our wedding day was just beautiful, and we were truly blessed! Thank you Amy from Tony and Linda Fuentes :D

Sent on 07/31/2009

Emily · Married on 05/13/2017

There were a lot of venues I liked, but I instantly fell in love with the Gardens of Cranesbury View when i saw the gazebo and the beautiful landscaping. There is a nice bridal suite in the house, but unfortunately not a great spot for the guys to lounge. Amy made the wedding planning process a breeze. All we had to do was pick the vendors and express what we wanted and Amy took care of everything! I think the biggest selling point was that we didn't have to set up a thing! There was no wedding on Friday so we were able to drop off all our decorations early and it was all set up for us how we had discussed. Then when it was all over Amy and her crew picked everything up and packed it in our cars. Amy is great at what she does, knows what works well and what doesn't work so well, and keeps things moving on a schedule. We are very happy with our experience.

Sent on 09/13/2017

Kelly · Married on 03/12/2016

This was the most perfect venue for my dream wedding. Amy and her staff made it possible for me truly have the best day of my life. She was extremely helpful in managing the entire wedding coordination process and was the biggest help the month before the wedding. Once the vendors were finalized, she worked with them to coordinate the logistics so that my dream wedding could happen smoothly. She is so sweet and accommodating, her flexibility and willingness to always help out made the planning process so much more fun than I was expecting. The venue is seriously the most beautiful location in the hill country, I loved the ambiance and beauty of the whole grounds. I am so happy that we met Amy and her staff, our wedding wouldn't have been the gorgeous success it was without them! Also the pictures look STUNNING because of the beautiful venue. I definitely recommend the Gardens at Cranesbury View - I can't wait to go back for another event someday.

Sent on 03/23/2016

sarah · Married on 05/03/2015

The Gardens of Cranesbury View is a beautiful venue! I searched and searched for venues and when I saw the gardens in person it was absolutlety gorgeous. We had SO many compliments the day of our wedding. Amy Collins and Kathryn were such a big help to us! We needed someone to be very hands on and didn't have it in our budget to hire a wedding planner, but with Amy helping us with all of the details, we really didn't need one! Amy is very professional but flexible to our needs at the same time. You really want to have someone who cares about all of the details of your wedding working for you. I was able to relax on my wedding day knowing that everything was under control. Thank you so much Amy for everything you did for us & making our wedding a great day! We are so thankful ! :)

Sent on 06/14/2015

My husband and I got married at the Gardens of Cranesbury View and our day was so perfect! The venue is not only beauitful, but the staff was amazing! When we initially started looking for a venue we could picture our day at the Gardens of Cranesbury View and were so excited! Amy was great too! Both of our families live out of state, so we had to do a lot of the wedding planning on our own, but Amy made the process less stressful and helped us with ALL of our questions. She also recommended the best vendors, which played a big part in making our day so perfect!! Our family and friends kept telling us how beautiful the venue and our day was! Amy and her staff were not only thoughtful of us, but also our parents, which meant a lot to us. They thought of every little detail, so the day of our wedding we were able to enjoy every minute!!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Kelly · Married on 03/22/2014

Amy with the Gardens of Cranesbury View is amazing and gave us the perfect wedding day. The planning was so easy and stress free. The entire process was so very organized with several meetings in person and via face time since we live out of town. The vendors that she recommended were also very professional, easy to work with and made our event flawless. Amy not only provides the venue, she assists with all planning and is there as your right hand on the big day to help you with anything that is needed. Her enthusiasm is contagious and I would highly recommend her to every bride!

Sent on 04/12/2014

karen · Married on 09/24/2011

Top Notch!!!! What a wonderfully beautiful venue!!! We were very pleased with everything!!! It's not just a Venue...Amy (owner of the Venue) helps you every step of the way with the planning of the wedding...you won't be disappointed....My daughter's wedding was everything she had dreamed of and more...thanks to Amy and her wonderful staff at the beautiful Gardens of Cranesbury View!!!!

Sent on 01/15/2012

Diane · Married on 08/27/2011

We had a beautiful weddding at the Gardens of Cranesbury View. The price was well worth the venue, with the day of planning services included. We were able to meet or call Amy or Kristin (her assistant) and get all our questions answered in a timely manner. The best part for me was the day of coordination. Kristin took care of the entire timeline, and confirming the vendors the day before. I did not have to worry about any of it, and was able to fully enjoy the day!

Sent on 09/03/2011

Shannon · Married on 03/31/2018

Amy was bright and energetic from the start. We hired her on as our coordinator and she kept us on track even when we were behind. She has good recommendations for vendors, which was huge help. The venue is breathtaking and is a unique gem in the hill country. If you want something different that will take people's breath away, this is the location. With Amy's guidance our wedding day was perfect and flowed seamlessly. She is truly passionate about what she does and will help make your special day just that.

Sent on 05/12/2018