The Gardens at Heather Farm Reviews

31 | Walnut Creek, CA

31 Reviews for The Gardens at Heather Farm

Leah · Married on 05/11/2013

4.2

The venue was absolutely amazing! So beautiful! Everyone was so helpful! I just didn't like that we had to be out at an exact time. But I also didn't want my day to ever end! Thank you Heather Farms for making my day so beautiful!

Sent on 04/15/2014

Sanda · Married on 08/23/2008

4.2

The garden was beautiful, all my guest love it...

Sent on 11/06/2008

Amanda · Married on 08/25/2007

3.0

The Gardens are beautiful. Some downsides include not being able to use flower petals, rice, bird seeds, confetti, etc (indoors or out); this however was not an issue for us, but I can see where some brides it might be a let down. The saff was helpful and friendly.

Sent on 10/11/2007

3.5
      1.0
      3.0

I have to start out with saying that Heather Farms is BEAUTIFUL, our pictures came out amazing! Couldn't have asked for a more affordable and beautiful venue. With that said, sadly the venue staff itself wasn't as easy to work with. They were very responsive in emails, however this is a DIY venue. You can't drop anything off the night before, so we had to rely on friends and family to set up the day of, not allowing themselves to completely get ready for the big day, everything had to be picked up and removed the night of, which didn't seem like a big deal in the beginning, however all our rentals ended up charging us extra for "late pickup." After the party ended there was friends and family, myself and husband included, cleaning up to make sure we would fully get our deposit back. I will say that our on staff employee, David, that stayed to supervise the venue was great! He got in there and helped and was very kind and extremely helpful!

I would recommend this with the caution that it is completely DIY venue!

Sent on 09/25/2012
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 09/06/2009

2.4
      1.5

I only have one real complaint about the Gardens at Heather Farm, but it is a pretty major one.

We had the ceremony by the gazebo. Unfortunately, just beyond the hedges at the back of this area is a public picnic area and there happened to be a birthday celebration on the same day as my wedding. I know it was a birthday celebration because they very loudly sang happy birthday during the middle of my ceremony. One of our guests went over and asked them to quiet down, only to be yelled at. For the entire ceremony they were quite obnoxious and it was extremely upsetting.

Besides that, everything else was fine. The coordinator was often pretty slow to respond to questions, but their price is so low that I was willing to look past that. Also, they have a lot of rules, but they are very clear about them ahead of time so that was fine too.

Bottom line, there is no way to predict what will be happening at the nearby picnic tables, so unless you are very laid back and don't care about noise, I highly suggest that you do not have your ceremony at the gazebo. However, they do also have a lawn area that you could also use, so that might be worth checking out.

Sent on 01/25/2011

Krista · Married on 10/18/2008

2.4
      2.0

The day of was beautiful, no complaints, went off without a hitch, everyone was raving about it. A few issues before and after. We didn't have a flower girl so it wasn't an issue for us but no flower petals, no rice, no confetti, no loose candy (either inside or outside for all those things) nothing on the chairs outside, no decorations on the walls inside unless they're attached with packing tape. In other words, lots of restrictions which I could get past but was a little annoying. Also, if you're not familiar with the process of planning a wedding a lot of questions come up and you only meet with their onsite person once a week and a half before the wedding so I felt like I was always calling them with questions because I didn't know what was going on. They were nice and always answered my questions but I felt like there had to be an easier way. The lastly the big one, after the wedding, 10 days after we got a call saying they found some damage and believed it to be from our wedding on the floor from what they believed to be a high heel that had worn down and the nail part was sticking out and we may need to replace their entire floor but they don't know yet they have to have someone out to assess the damage. Why does the dance floor of a reception hall not hold up to high heels? That's not our problem. We have no idea if that damage was there before, we did a walk through afterwards with someone who worked there and signed off ok, it's 10 days later and we're just now getting a call and you don't even know what the exact damage is yet? I don't see how they think they can possibly pin this on us. Very unprofessional. I felt like we had great things to say about the place after such a great day and it was spoiled by their actions and unprofessionalism. Be very cautious if you go with them. Take lots of pictures of everything before you even start setting up and have someone who works there go around with you and document everything. Better safe than sorry.

Sent on 10/30/2008