The Garden Gate Reviews

45 | Dallas, TX

45 Reviews for The Garden Gate

Jessica · Married on 05/07/2011

I was so happy with The Garden Gate. I met with Junior; we looked at pictures and I told him what I liked and what I didn't like, and I told him the colors of our wedding. I let him do his thing, and couldn't be happier. They flower were GORGEOUS! Better than I could have dreamed of. I loved that combination of flowers and the colors. They are great at what they do. Very professional and organized as well. Very willing to work with your budget and will stay under your budget. I recommend Garden Gate.

Sent on 09/06/2011

Cari · Married on 11/20/2010

Words can't describe how amazing Junior and his staff are! They were a dream to work with from day 1! The flowers for my wedding and centerpieces for my wedding were EXACTLY what I wanted in every way possible! He is extremely talented and dedicated to making your wedding day everything you have ever dreamed of-and he does it above and beyond any expectations! Thank you Junior!!!

Sent on 12/13/2010

Kristin · Married on 11/22/2008

Junior at the Garden Gate is very talented and will work with any budget. He listens to what you want (and don't want) and helps you create the perfect setting - even giving recommendations on non-floral related details. He'll help you stay within your budget and within your style.

Sent on 12/10/2008

Ashley · Married on 11/09/2008

Junior and his staff, main other contact, Maria, are amazing!! If you are a princess and want an amazing florist that's creative and literally knows his stuff, this is your guy. He helped me get my color scheme perfect and flowers to match! He's just fantastic! No website and he books fast! He has a great personality, very professional, does high end job for even the simplest of weddings!!! I just can't say one bad thing! You would be insane not to use this man!!!

Sent on 11/11/2008

Jae · Married on 08/11/2007

Junior at Garden Gate is exceptional at floral design! He helps you to have beautiful arrangements at a price you can afford! He takes your wedding colors and creates a floral scheme that compliments it perfectly! He is truly one of the best in Dallas!

Sent on 07/10/2008

Hiring The Garden Gate was by far one of the BEST decisions we made during the planning process. Junior is patient, honest, and incredibly creative. He is a true artist and takes his work seriously. He went above and beyond to create a beautiful setting and floral arrangements for our wedding. I do not have enough great things to say about his absolutely stunning work. I greatly enjoyed our stress-free and fun meetings to discuss our arrangements. Junior has a unique ability to put any bride at ease during this stressful time. I could not imagine using anyone else and would HIGHLY recommend him! I wish I could tell every Dallas bride about our wonderful florist!

Sent on 06/20/2014

Donna · Married on 08/13/2011

Junior at the Garden Gate is incredible. With his wife and professional staff, they make the wedding floral process so easy! We met with him three times, and he was able to show us many pictures of exactly what we were looking for. The greatest thing is that you walk away from that first meeting with a detailed price list of every item you order. No guessing what the price will be! Guests thought that we spent 4 times the amount we did on the floral arrangements because they were SO beautiful. Junior goes the extra mile to make sure your venue looks fabulous! Great florist!!!!

Sent on 08/20/2011
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 03/12/2011

Brides beware: If you want to recieve more than you paid for in your centerpieces and bouquet, you've come to the right place. Junior and his crew take pride in the work they do with ANY BUDGET, despite what I have read on here before.

Take from a "budget bride," they are artists with a reputation to uphold, they are not going to make your flowers look cheap. The centerpieces are stunning and you can count on them to be one of the highlights of your wedding.

Sent on 03/23/2011

Amanda · Married on 07/12/2008

Junior was a ball to work with. He surprised me by putting peonies in my bouquet after telling me they would be out of season and I could not get them. All of the arrangements were beautiful and tasteful and the best part was the amount of money we spent. Junior worked within our budget and made the most of it by providing the best flowers.

Sent on 08/13/2008

Karla · Married on 10/19/2013

Junior and his team did an amazing job - the flowers were amazing, the church and venue breathtaking. He provided us with other little tips/suggestions to help make everything come together so beautifully. The transformation of my daughter's vision for her wedding could not have been more perfect.

Sent on 10/25/2013

Stacey · Married on 06/01/2013

Junior and the whole Garden Gate team did a phenomenal job at my wedding. I had a vision that they completely captured, and made it even better than I imagined. The amount of flowers you get for the price is great. It was a little difficult to get in touch with them at times, but I had confidence that they would totally deliver, boy did they! Garden Gate also did the flowers for my rehearsal dinner, and they suggested we incorporate those into the wedding flowers to save a little money which I really appreciate. They were just wonderful!

Sent on 06/28/2013

Julie · Married on 07/28/2012

At first I was afraid that I would not be able to afford such a well-known florist in the Dallas area, but I figured I would give it a shot and went in to meet with Junior. I laid out my budget for him up front and he said that it was not a problem at all and never tried to make me spend more than I was comfortable with. We worked on a color palatte up until the day of the wedding and I was completely blown away when I saw how beautiful the bouquets and arrangements were - even more so than I imagined. I am so glad that I went with the Garden Gate for my wedding and would recommend them to a friend without question.

Sent on 08/14/2012
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 02/11/2012

Junior & The Garden Gate created BEAUTIFUL flower arrangements for our wedding ceremony & reception. The flowers were absolutely breathtaking and more than we could have ever imagined. With their gorgeous work, our dream vision for the wedding was accomplished. We are so thankful for their exceptional service!

Sent on 02/28/2012
  • nutweg

Meghan · Married on 10/16/2010

Junior and his team are geniuses. There is no other comparable option for the quality of the work and the thoroughness of the team. I had no doubts that my vision would be executed flawlessly, and it was.

Sent on 10/26/2010

Julia · Married on 09/06/2008

3.5

Junior was fabulous and I would highly recommend him. He was easy to work with and had great ideas.

Sent on 09/27/2008

Because I'm a teacher, I went ahead and tried to plan most of my wedding the summer before school started. I interviewed several vendors for photography, flowers, and cakes. The moment I met Junior, I knew he was perfect for my wedding. The meeting began with him showing past weddings that were at my venue and others using the some color scheme I had in mind. He saved the pictures in a file for us on his computer which was linked to a TV for us to view. We revisited these pictures and made more detailed notes about what we had in mind. At first, I was skeptical about the not seeing an example of the flowers before the big day. On our final appointment, he had one of his florists put a bouquet together that would resemble a smaller version of what the flowers would look like and sent them home with me. They were perfect! Even better, the flowers for my wedding looked almost exactly like his example. When the flowers were being delivered to the venue, I saw that there were darker flowers than what I had in mind. I told the florist onsite and they were fixed immediately. They looked incredible.
    I gave them 4 instead of 5 stars for professionalism and flexibility because we were double booked for appointments TWICE. I would highly suggest calling the day before and even the day of to confirm your appointment. Because of the confusion, he did make up for it by adding arrangements and details at no cost to me. I have no regrets about my choice of Garden Gate. The flowers were INCREDIBLE!

Sent on 10/04/2014

4.2
      3.0
      3.5

Junior is simply amazing to work with and very very talented!!!

Sent on 11/22/2014

Dallas · Married on 08/09/2008

4.2
      3.5

Junior & his team was amazing! The arrangements turned out beautiful, and Junior is an 'all-in-one' professional. He had great ideas outside of the floral decor, and recommended a great bakery. I highly recommend his services.

Thanks Junior!!!

-Dallas Marshall Swedlund

Sent on 03/30/2009

Erin · Married on 01/10/2009

3.5

Of all my vendors, I can say that I had the most confidence in Junior, the owner of Garden Gate. I knew that he would make it beautiful and perfect because that's who he is - he's personally invested in his work and the finished product. How many vendors are just doing their job? Most. He definitely stands out as someone whom can be completely trusted. He worked with my vision to do something out of the box, and it turned out even more perfect that I could have imagined. And I'm a tough customer. I highly recommend.

Sent on 01/21/2009

Maureen · Married on 09/29/2017

2.6
      2.5
      0.5
      3.0
      3.5

This is a tough review to write, because the first 2 meetings with Junior were great. He is incredibly talented and creative, and he spent well over an hour discussing our wedding. His pricing is extremely reasonable, and he had great suggestions for all aspects of our wedding. I was extremely excited to work with him. About 6 weeks before our wedding (after we made our final payment) things started to go off the rails.

I sent two emails and made two phone calls to discuss the flowers for our cake - I never got any response from Junior or his staff. The flowers on the cake looked like a bad cartoon image of what I had sent him via email. I was extremely embarrassed by the way it looked.

My mother in law passed away unexpectedly three weeks before our wedding, and I called Junior THREE times to discuss the change in situation. I definitely did not want him to show up on the day of with her flowers (seeing her bouquet would be a painful reminder of her absence), and we were considering having memorial flowers for her during the ceremony. He never even bothered to call back, even after I made the situation clear to the woman that answered the phone. Not only is this terrible service, but I felt that it was incredibly insensitive. Long story short - we didn't have any memorial flowers during our ceremony.

Lastly was the bridal bouquet. He sent me a picture the day before and it looked great. On the day of the wedding, the flowers had turned pretty brown. Also, in real life it looked like a kid had glued a bunch of gardenias to a paper plate. There was no depth or shape at all. I'm hoping that it looks ok in my professional photos... in real life it was terribly disappointing.

Sent on 11/01/2017