The Gables at Chadds Ford Reviews

56 | Chadds Ford, PA

56 Reviews for The Gables at Chadds Ford

3.5

The food was good. The restaurant is beautiful although it was under construction on the day of our wedding reception. The manager, Rick, had told us that it would be complete by our wedding and it was not. That was disappointing but the day itself was great.

Sent on 01/15/2015

3.5

I recently had my wedding reception at The Gables. At the end of the day it was great. The positives were the food and the staff at the event were great! The negatives were I was in the middle management changes and staffing switched half way. Communication was thus strained a little. The owner was very flexible with my wishes and did the best to accommodate me, but there were a few times when we had to jump through some hoops.

Sent on 09/25/2014

Beautiful location for our Wedding reception. I would highly recommend The Gables for any special occasion!

Sent on 01/31/2014

Stephanie · Married on 09/16/2017

3.4
      2.5
      3.0

We had a Sept 2017 wedding at the Gables.We had a special day although there were a handful of hiccups that hopefully have been fixed since. Kelly was very flexible on trying to help us have the wedding of our dreams. Due to unexpected military relocation, we tried to plan a wedding in about 6 months immediately after getting engaged. The dates were few, but they offered to host a 2nd wedding (us) after a much earlier one on a Saturday. They gave us leniency on payments since it was last minute too! Chef Dave was the absolute best, making all the food to die for. he even made custom dishes for the service too!! The atmosphere of the Gables cannot be easily replicated, and it’s inherint charm shines through. However, to be fair, there were some issues we had. We knew going into the event, there was a small turnover between weddings. We would not get the same half-day preparation as all others have, and we accepted that with grace. I think the Gables was a bit over their heads with the two weddings unknowingly. The table arrangements were wrong and were given much in advance to avoid issues. If there was an issue with table size placement, it should have been noticed and at least expressed to us prior to the reception. We had to haphazardly move a few around to improve upon the situation. Later into the reception, there was no “go-to” person... no event coordinators without word or communication given to the rest of the team.It started to drizzle and guests had to bring in all the gifts/decor inside while the employees just watched. The favors were not put out, and employees didn’t know where they were. Those things we got over. It was when we returned the next morning to retrieve our items that we were horrified. All items, including uneaten food were just tossed together without care. Food stuck to our photos, sand ceremony astray. Fresh Flower arrangements squished under boxes. We only asked for apologies and explanations for such treatment. It didn’t come so easy.

Sent on 01/10/2018

Melissa · Married on 06/17/2016

3.0
      0.5

My husband I were married at The Gables on the most beautiful day in June, June 17, 2016. The sun was shining, the atmosphere was beautiful, the food was great, but there are a few things about the Gables that I caution any bride & groom about when looking into this place. We originally met with Richard in July o 2015 when we were interested in booking at the Gables and he sold us on the place, he promised us the world and the wedding that we wanted. We reviewed the contract with him, he called a few weeks later to set up the date and said that we would be in touch. The was the last we heard from Richard as he no longer works there and is working with his wife who supplies the cakes for the Gables(which were absolutely amazing). The communication at the Gables is absolutely horrendous and inexcusable. We were left waiting for weeks at a time on responses for details about our wedding, some of them simple, some of them not so much. We also had our rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding at the Gables, which was also fabulous, but because it had rained earlier that day, there was a big tent up over the ceremony area. When I spoke to Kelly earlier in the week I said I would only want a tent if it was going to rain that day...which means please no tent if it is sunny. The night of the rehearsal dinner Kelly promised everyone that it would be down for the next day and it was overheard by several member of the bridal party. The day of the wedding we arrived to the site and the tent was still up. I asked Kelly about taking it down and she said no, that it was staying up because that is what I wanted and there was no way of it coming down. She went as far as telling my photographer that the pictures would look better with the tent, as well as several other excuses like the wedding the next day needing the tent. I'm sorry this is my wedding, not somebody else. If I want the tent down, it's coming down. My MOH was finally able to get the tent down after giving Kelly her

Sent on 08/05/2016

Anon · Married on 07/28/2017

0.8
      1.0

Dont waste your $. Food is sub-par, has declined significantly since the original owners. It's apparent that the staff are treated poorly (slave-driver owners). Limited space in Courtyard. Overpriced waste. Couples to be can find much more beautiful venues elsewhere. Also overheard the chef using profanity with the staff - unprofessional. Wont be returning

Sent on 07/14/2017