The Gables at Chadds Ford Reviews

56 | Chadds Ford, PA

56 Reviews for The Gables at Chadds Ford

Lauren · Married on 08/01/2015

The Gables at Chadds Ford exceeded all our expectations for our August 1, 2015 wedding. From the moment we inquired about the venue through the reception itself, we couldn’t have been more pleased. Rick, the General Manager, worked with us from day one to create the wedding of our dreams and stayed within our allotted budget. His assistants, Kelly and Thomas, were extremely accommodating and the day-of wait staff were attentive to our needs, as well. The appetizers and dinner entrée (filet and crab cake duet plate) were “out of this world!” Many of our guests remarked it was the best wedding food they had ever tasted. Cakes by Kim also did an awesome job with the mini desserts and cake. We greatly appreciated use of the bridal suite prior to our on-site ceremony and the venue itself was just breathtaking…very simplistic but elegant. Although we can only give five stars for a job well done, we would gladly give a 10 if we could. We are so glad we chose The Gables for our special day.

Sent on 08/24/2015
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 07/11/2015

The Gables at Chadds Ford is gorgeous and was the perfect venue for our wedding. The banquet room has a rustic but elegant feel to it. The outdoor area was such a beautiful backdrop to get married in front of. There was ample space for our cocktail hour outside as well (we had 110 guests). Everything was so pretty and the food was delicious!!! The food at our tasting was amazing and were worried that the food the night of the wedding wouldn't compare - but it did and was delicious when they made it for all of our guests!! We had the plated duet of filet mignon and salmon and I received many compliments on how good the food was for a wedding. Kelly (the event coordinator) was awesome and always answered all of my many questions in a timely manner. And Tommy was there the day of and was a huge help in setting up and finding last minute solutions (like when we didn't have a microphone for our ceremony...). Thanks for helping us have the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 07/31/2015

Joanne · Married on 05/09/2015

I cannot say enough amazing things about the Gables at Chadds Ford for my May wedding. The venue is beautiful to say the least - but their renovations this winter have made the place even better! The best part, unlike most venues in the local North Wilmington/Southeastern PA area, it is actually affordable too!!

They gave me the wedding I have always dreamed about and more! From the first meeting back in Nov of 2013 (we had a long engagement!) they felt like family! They were so nice and supportive of our vision for our day and being on a budget they made it work with what we had to spend. They new banquet manager Kelly, GM Richard, and owner Ann are all amazing people who really want your wedding to be the day you have been dreaming about and are very flexible! (No silly rules like many other venues had!). They had quick communication via emails/calls and were so accommodating to my strange requests. I was a professional event planner myself, so I know I got a bit crazy when it came to planning my own wedding but they were so accommodating to every request I came up with! (As an event planner, I was so worried about "letting go" the day off and not being in control, But, I never had any doubts with them and knew my wedding was in good hands!)

The day was absolutely amazing and due to their staff, I had ZERO stress! Everything was set perfectly as we discussed and the day went so incredibly flawless. The manager on duty constantly checked in with me and the Groom to see if we needed anything or is she could be of any assistance, and we really appreciated the plate of passed appetizers and beverages in the bridal suite (I almost forgot to eat!). During the entire evening the bar/wait staff were on point and made the entire night amazing, I can only give them the best rating of a 5, but if I could, I would have given them a 1000!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Ebony · Married on 11/15/2014

If the beauty of this venue does not do it for you, let me provide you with even more wonderful information about The Gables at Chadds Ford. The venue is beautiful right? But did you know that it is also SUPER inexpensive, it's actually affordable. But wait there's more!! The food is AMAZING. Not only is it amazing but more than enough so you or your guests are not hungry. If that does not do it for you, maybe this will...The team at The Gables is the best group of people to work with, EVER! They respond quickly and treat you like royalty. A wedding can be stressful but working with The Gables it will be as peaceful and special as possible. All you imagine, they will make happen. Ana, Richard, and Eric, along with everyone at the Gables, the Ruiz family would like to thank you so much for making our wedding pure perfection.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Catherine · Married on 05/24/2014

The Gables at Chadds Ford was not only extremely beautiful - it was AFFORDABLE.

The banquet room is gorgeous for receptions. The Gables provided the tables, chairs, linens, table chalkboard (#s), candles and set everything up. The food was delicious...I very much recommend the Steak or Atlantic Salmon. The vendor plates were a nice touch. The bridal get-ready suite was immaculate and we enjoyed the fruit and ginger ale. Ann was there to provide guidance and take care of last minute problems and wayward family/guests. She was a true professional.

We had around 100 guests; 65 steak/ 30 chicken / 5 veggie and some child and vendor plates and went with the medium consumption package. Total price ended up being $11K for the night - ceremony/reception/wonderful service, etc. Eric, the head waiter was fabulous.

One thing we were concerned about was the Arbor Vitaes. Chester County had a harsh winter in 2013-2014 and their trees suffered. Ann and her team had the idea to place mason jars with lush greenery in front of the arbor vitaes to conceal the brown/baldness and it worked like a charm! The pictures were saved and the beauty of the venue shone through.

They were very flexible and helpful throughout the process. Ann even decorated our "welcome" chalkboard and acted as the wedding director. I highly recommend The Gables and look forward to our anniversary dinner.

Sent on 07/28/2014

kerry · Married on 05/18/2014

The Gables was a fabulous venue for a recent connoisseur brewfest that I hosted. Amazingly friendly and professional staff, beautiful banquet hall, and excellent food. The Gables was petfect!

Hi Kerry!
    We were so happy to be able to host the brewfest at The Gables at Chadds Ford! It was so much fun, and we can't wait for the next one in the fall!

Gabriela · Married on 04/25/2014

Hands down the best decision we made! The Gables was very friendly, helpful and has great service! But best of all the food is AMAZING!! It's been a week since our wedding and we are still getting compliments on how good it was.

Sent on 05/03/2014

Hi Gabriela!
    Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback about your wedding at The Gables at Chadds Ford! We are so glad we were able to be a part of your amazing day. We hope to see you back for your first anniversary!

Amanda · Married on 03/08/2014

March 8, 2014 was our wedding day-and it was an unforgettable and wonderful day. This day would not have been so memorable without Marianne, Ann, Eric, Chefs, maintenance crew, bartenders and other staff. First, I wanted to say thank you to all who were involved in making this day very special for us. Now our review, The Gables is a perfect location to have a wedding for up to 130 guests. The decor and ambiance is perfect for a country or antique theme wedding. Gables is extremely flexible, and you can make the space your own for any theme. Marianne, the event coordinator, is great. She is not pushy/aggressive,she is very sweet and willing to meet the expectations for any couple. We loved her-she was very flexible with meetings, responsive to communication, and thought of the little things to make our day special.
    The ceremony space was perfect. We actually used the tented outside patio - gorgeous stone, candles lit, we used their lanterns, and nice ceremony chairs. They also have an outside terrace. It was perfect for our first look pictures :) The banquet room, where reception/cocktail hour was held, looked amazing!! You really do not need to do a lot to it. Gables has several things that they will provide, cake stand (beautiful), table numbers, mason jars for candles, and other little things. The coolest thing was the HUGE Tiffany chandelier. It's beautiful and makes the room! For set up, they will set up tables in any way you want.
    The food was excellent - hats off to the chef. It's affordable, good portion sizes, and the presentation is exquisite. We did have a guest who didn't like mushrooms, Gables made a plate for her without hesitation. Lastly, Eric, the head banquet server, was outstanding!! He made not only my husband and I feel catered to, but our guests as well. A tip to Gables, do not lose Eric!! He was a huge part to our day!
    Gables was absolutely the best place for our wedding! Thank you ALL!!

-Amanda & Matt Gibboni

Sent on 03/29/2014

Hi Amanda,
    Thank you so much for your glowing feedback about your wedding day! We were so happy we were able to be a part of it and make your day so special. We look forward to seeing you and Matt next year for your first anniversary!

Sarah · Married on 11/22/2013

Anne and the team at The Gables were so helpful and accommodating for our special day. I highly recommend this venue for all couples seeking an intimate wedding. Although the venue caters to larger events as well, we felt they did a superb job making our small wedding a huge success. We can't wait to go back on our one year anniversary!

Sent on 12/17/2013

Hi Sarah-
    Thanks you so much for you wonderful review of The Gables at Chadds Ford. We were honored to be a part of your special day, and we look forward to seeing you in a few months for your first anniversary!

Samantha · Married on 10/11/2013

Back in January my Husband and I started looking for reception venues. The Gables of Chadds Ford was the first and only place we looked at, as I knew the minute we walked in that we had found our venue for our October wedding. There was no question about it, as The Gables had the exact atmosphere we were looking for, from the exposed wood beam ceiling to the Tiffany Chandelier. Not only was The Gables beautiful inside, they had the most amazing outdoor ceremony area. The Gables was also affordable, accommodating, and convenient.

Our fairytale wedding took place October 11, 2013. Besides the pouring down rain the day went off without a hitch. I was determined to utilize the outdoor ceremony area, so we rented a tent from “The Party Center” (please see the separate review on them). The outdoor area was decorated with beautiful hardy mums and pumpkins galore for the Fall October day.

When it came time for the ceremony to begin at 6pm, there were torrential down pours and the outdoor tent was not large enough to cover all of the guests. As the bride, I was still in the process of the formal pictures being taken when Ann (the owner of The Gables) approached me and offered for the ceremony to take place in their enclosed patio area. Within minutes the staff had the room rearranged for a wedding ceremony to take place. The enclosed patio was breathtaking and perfect for our small number of guests (72).

Overall our wedding day was perfect because of The Gables and their staff. Ann and Marianne were an absolute blessing to work with and were extremely accommodating. The food was phenomenal and the drink service was outstanding. I would recommend this venue to anyone, as The Gables offers many different food and drink options for the couple that is sticking to a strict budget or the couple who is wanting and willing to go over the top.

Sent on 10/16/2013

Hi Samantha-
    Thank you for your great review! I am sorry that you had such torrential rain on your wedding day, but I am so glad you were happy with the accommodations we were able to provide as an alternative. It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to seeing you soon for your first anniversary!

Alana · Married on 09/21/2013

Ann (owner) and Marianne were so hands on during weeks leading up to our wedding. They listen to our requests, no worries was their motto. It was a beautiful day and every concern was dealt with immediately. The stone work at The Gables is so breathtaking and the garden area was perfect for pictures. The food was melt in your mouth delicious. The staff for our reception were so friendly and took care of our every whim. The evening was a complete success. Thank you Ann and Staff.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Hi Alana-
    Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback about your experience with us at The Gables at Chadds Ford. We are so happy to hear you were so pleased with the way your day turned out. We look forward to seeing you on your first anniversary!

Adele and her team were outstanding. The food was amazing and the banquet room had the charm we were looking for!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Erin · Married on 10/20/2012

Beautiful reception from start to finish. The Gables at Chadds Ford was the one and only location where my husband and I wanted to have our wedding reception. Very impressed with the professionalism, value and flexibility. We had a small wedding of 25 people (however The Gables can certainly hold many more). I would recommend The Gables of Chadds Ford to anyone, any day, regardless of the event! Weddings, Anniversary's, Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Birthdays, Family Re-union's or even just a romantic night out with a special someone! Truly a gem of a place!

Sent on 07/09/2014

I attended my sister-in-law's Bridal Shower at The Gables of Chadds Ford a couple months ago. The Gables is very rustic yet romantic at the same time. Beautiful, floor to ceiling windows upstairs allowed for the sunlight to stream in and the guests to admire the nicely landscaped yard and elegant terrace. One of a kind. I would recommend this spot to anyone in a heartbeat!

The Gables at Chadds Ford's reply:

Thank you so much for you wonderful review of The Gables at Chadds Ford! We are so pleased to know you liked our venue so much and hope you tell your friends about us. We hope you come see us in our restaurant soon!

Caroline · Married on 06/04/2016

We were so pleased with the service that we got at the Gables! The staff was accommodating and very responsive to emails and phone calls. The day went off without a hitch- they did a great job of making the event run smoothly. Both the ceremony and reception site were beautiful. I had been concerned that we would hear road noise, but it ended up not being an issue at all. I feel like you get a lot in terms of the quality of food, type of food, drinks, venue, etc. for the money. No regrets! I would book this venue again in a heart beat.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Kelsie · Married on 05/14/2016

We had started working with Rick at the Gables and then Kelly took over, but it was a seamless transition. She was so patient with multiple emails loaded with questions, wanting to make sure everything was prefect for our big day. Cocktail hour had to be moved inside due to weather, but everything still went very smoothly. The staff was so friendly and did a great job setting up all of the decorations that I had taken them. It was the perfectly elegant venue for us, super intimate and allowed us to dress it us for the formal garden party feel that we wanted. We can't wait to go back for our first anniversary, if we even wait that long!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Jeannie · Married on 10/17/2015

We LOVE the Gables! It was the absolute perfect place to have our wedding! Kelly and Ann were awesome to work with, paying attention to details, responding to our questions, and taking care of EVERYTHING on the day of. The entire staff was super friendly and helpful, and all of guests had nothing but the best to say about the Gables. It is such a great space - it really needs hardly any additional decor and embellishment. Our ceremony was held outside and the landscaping is beautiful, including the plantings in the arch above where we stood. The reception room is beautiful and held our 97 guests perfectly. The food and drinks were AMAZING! the bartenders and servers were awesome, they brought us a special plate of hors dourves to our sweetheart table, plus i was able to enjoy my dinner before enjoying the rest of the party (which I was really looking forward to, since I knew how delicious the food was after eating at the restaurant downstairs). I did all of the flowers and decor myself and I was able to drop it off with Kelly the day before, with pictures and instructions and the Gables staff set it all up perfectly on the day of our wedding so I had absolutely nothing to worry about. It was a completely awesome, stress-free day and it would not have been the same without the amazing staff and beautiful setting of the Gables!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Jeannie-
    Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy we were able to be a part of your special day and make it so memorable. We can't wait to see you and your groom back next year for your anniversary!

Amanda · Married on 05/30/2015

Our wedding at The Gables was spectacular. The staff (Kelly, Richard, and Tommy) were so helpful during the planning process and on the day. They were always very responsive to calls and emails, and answered all of our questions thoroughly. The food is SO GOOD, and the venue is beautiful. We provided some decorations which they helped us put up, and because of the weather we needed to have a tent outside for the ceremony, which they decorated with flowers and paper lanterns for us. The room is on the small side, so it's definitely better for a more intimate reception (we had 110 guests). They were very flexible in terms of the menu...I asked for a cheesesteak station and a s'mores station for dessert and they did a wonderful job putting those together, and gave a very reasonable price for them. They made it very clear from the beginning that they would be willing to consider any requests that we had that weren't explicitly included in the menu and the wedding package. Overall we were very very happy with our choice!!

Sent on 06/07/2015

We had both our ceremony and reception at the Gables recently and they exceeded our expectations. The venue is beautiful and doesn't require much decoration at all. The food was great - plus, we were able to offer our guests a short menu of options to choose from. Kelly and Tommy and the rest of the staff handled all of the set-up, even arranging beautiful centerpieces, and also did a great job coordinating everything during the wedding day. The bridal suite is also a great addition. Our wedding was in February, and the Gables responded to the unseasonably warm weather by preparing the outdoor space for us to use for photos and setting up tables and chairs on the terrace for guests. All of our guests had a wonderful time and we will always have great memories of our wedding!

Sent on 03/06/2016

I'm the mother of the bride and the wedding at the Gables couldn't have been more perfect. It's just such a beautiful setting for a ceremony and reception. The weather was awesome but if it hadn't been, the backup plan was to hold the ceremony in the tented back porch, which is beautiful in itelf. My daughter did most of the arrangements but I did have some interactions with the staff/owners. Anne was so helpful in the weeks before the wedding. I dropped off some items the night before and Anne had a staff member bring in all the stuff from my car - which was great because some of it was really heavy. But the best part was when we were setting up during the day of the ceremony/reception. There was a problem with the table layout that my daughter provided me and the one that the Gables had. Eric was the banquet manager that helped me; he was so patient and assured me we would be able to settle everything....and we did. It was his easy going manner that kept me from panicing and going off the deep end....and that's really important the day of the wedding when your nerves can get the best of you if you let them. All in all....best wedding ever!

Sent on 06/29/2014

Hithesh · Married on 08/24/2013

We had our wedding their last year, on a beautiful day in August, and I really couldn't recommend the Gables more. All the horror stories we had worried about prior to the wedding, of venue price gouging, not following through on their obligations, never happened.

Adele was very flexible, given our constant changes regarding menu selection, and guests right up to the day of.

Me and my wife were hoping to pay for the wedding without going into debt, and Adele worked with us all the way, finding ways to save us money, letting us know when we didn't need that many appetizers. At the end of the day when it was time to pay the bill, it was significantly less that we had budgeted for. And I seriously doubt you'll find a better value anywhere, for such a phenomenal place, with good food, and service.

Our guest loved the wedding, so have we, and Adele and her team at the Gables, along with remarkably nice weather, were a good part of the reasons why.

Sent on 03/02/2014

The Gables is such a beautiful venue for a small-medium sized venue. Although communication was a little spotty during the initial planning process, everything turned out well. We enjoyed the flexibility they offered us in terms of start-time and minor substitutions in menu items. We loved the overall rustic look of the place, and really enjoyed the food. We would choose The Gables at Chadds Ford for our wedding reception all over again, if we had to. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Suzanne Gallo · Getting married on 06/13/2020

3.0

Loud. Louder. What?

I went to a wedding at The Gables last night. Thankfully, it did not rain. The grounds are beautiful, and the outdoor gathering space is very nice. There were about 115 guests. The Gables offers accommodation for up to 140 guests. With 115, it seemed very crowded to me. There was quite a jam waiting for the bar: it was difficult to tell who was waiting in line, and which people were just clustered near the bar chatting.
    I can not imagine there having been any more people in the indoor “barn” section when the party moved inside for dinner and dancing. And it is not just physical space, the very real problem is noise. It was deafening. It felt as if the conversations of 115 people swirled up to the high ceiling, blended together, and descended over the crowd with a nerve jangling tinny roar. Maybe I’m just more sensitive to noise than most- but I could not hear or be heard, without shouting- to the guests seated next to me at my table. My voice got sore quickly. Eventually, I stopped talking, and pretended to listen. I began to get a headache, and it wasn’t from the wine. Outdoors, where I fled to decompress, the noise was not an issue, but the party was inside.
    I think the Gables needs to address the very serious noise issue, or reduce the amount of guests it accepts.

Sent on 09/14/2019

Hi Suzanne-
    Thank you for your review. We appreciate your criticism. We're always looking for ways to improve our events and service. Unfortunately, when events have DJ services, the room does get quite loud. This is an issue we have struggled with and continue to brainstorm for the best solution.

Melody · Married on 05/10/2014

4.2

As a recent bride, I completely understand wanting your wedding day to be perfect with the perfect venue. The Gables at Chadds Ford essentially gave my husband and I that - a beautiful (almost perfect) wedding. Minus a couple hiccups with staff miscommunication and a "negative Nancy" so to speak in the mix, everything was wonderful. I must however say Eric, their banquet coordinator, deserves most of the credit! Outside of kudos going to the chef and food prep team for most delicious food (I am still getting rave reviews from family/friends), Eric is what made our wedding day a magical, fabulous event. His staff and he were always on top of things, courteous, polite, friendly, helpful, and always smiling. Sadly however their event/wedding coordinator wasn't even there and she never informed me that she would be absent. This threw me for a loop when I first arrived since she was the person I had been dealing with the whole time. However, Eric was there with drink in hand and ready to assure me that everything was taken care of. That man deserves a promotion or raise! Loved the food, loved the service, and loved the venue! Definitely a place to consider for a more intimate wedding and would recommend the Gables to others.

Sent on 07/28/2014
  • Abigail

Abigail · Married on 09/27/2014

4.2
      3.0

We had a beautiful wedding at The Gables that all of our friends and family enjoyed. The bridal suite, garden, and indoor reception area were all wonderfully prepared and I have never met a sweeter, friendlier or more helpful staff. They did a fantastic job with the set up, leaving very little for us to do once we arrived. All of our guests raved about the food and the head waiter, Eric, even brought us (the bride and groom) over a plate from the buffet so that we could actually sit and enjoy our wedding meal!

My only complaint was that prior to the wedding, communication could sometimes be a bit slow. There was a staff change part-way through the planning process that left several emails and a phone call unanswered. However, once I got in touch with Ann, the co-owner, she provided prompt, friendly replies to my questions and made sure that everything was taken care of. Aside from that blip, not a single thing went wrong from the day we put down our deposit! Prices were fair and they even honored the original contract we had signed prior to their re-vamp of the menu and costs for events.

All in all, they made my wedding day a breeze and I would happily have a large event there again!

Sent on 09/28/2014