7 Reviews for The Franciscan Event Center

I have nothing but superlatives for this venue, staff & food! Top notch in every way. I've coordinated dozens of weddings over the years & nothing tops this experience. The band loved the acoustics. The best of the best!

Profile Picture Rosemary, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

This venue was gorgeous for a summer wedding. The food is absolutely delicious and they were accommodating with everything I wanted. They even unlocked the door early for my florist to get in and arrange the flowers. It was a great night and would be a good setting for any event.

Profile Picture User3800019, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

PERFECT VENUE! Everything about this place. My husband had concerns about using a hotel location where our wedding reception could potentially be crashed by whomever was in the ballroom next door. He found the Franciscan and we knew immediate it would be the place! The venue was ours for the day andwe were able to decorate the afternoon before. Operating without a wedding planner, this was fabulous! So I rave about the venue, but the food was even better! EVERYONE raved about the meal. When we selected Fillet Mignon I thought...'sure they can make oure tasting perfect, but cooking fillet for over 100 people, impossible for it to taste as good.' So I thought...but they proved me wrong. AMAZING! The current debate in our house is which was better, the Filet or the Chicken Chardonnay....but both were great!

Sonya was delightful to work with and walked through every detail to make sure we were getting exactly what we wanted. So an amazing venue, with amazing food...you're probably thinking we paid ridiculous prices for a wedding venue so fantastic, right? WRONG! After having conversations with at least 10 other potential venues, this was absolutely the best value and one of the lower priced! I can't say enough good words about my experience. What I can say is that my husband asks if we can get the recipes for everything that was on our menu or alternatively whether we order takeout from the Franciscan.

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/9/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is a beautiful venue - even in winter! The food was excellent and the service was amazing. Sonja, at the Franciscan was so great to work with. They really went out of their way to make our reception personal and special.

Profile Picture User4398266, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Best Day Of Our Life.....
My husband and I couldn't have picked a better location. Our wedding was June 7th,2014..It was wonderful. They made our day unforgettable. Sonja, is a priceless gem...The place was so wonderfully prepared. My guest were totally blown away by the entire wedding/reception.. The food was exceptional. The only negative was that our sand ceremony items were misplaced but the staff did try to locate them. That was such a special component to our wedding, joining our families together, it hurts not having those items.. Overall, we would do it all over again at the Franciscan...Highly recommend this venue for your special day....

Profile Picture Yolanda, 6/7/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We absolutely loved having our wedding at this beautiful facility. We were able to get married outside in the beautiful garden and then have our reception right inside the banquet hall. While we were taking pictures, there was a room for our guests for cocktail hour. The Franciscan took care of all the decorating, the setting up of chairs & ensuring everything was set for a perfect evening. Their staff was incredibly helpful and ensured our day was one to remember.
Sonja helped us immensely before the wedding. Since ours was a destination wedding, we did a lot of the planning over the phone with her and were only able to go in to see her a few times. She was wonderful!!!
The only complaint I really have is that the bridal room is tiny. I had 6 bridesmaids and there was no way for us to fit in there. We ended up getting ready in the bathroom, which was also small. If you have your wedding here, plan on getting ready somewhere else.

Profile Picture Kim, 8/17/07, 2 Reviews
4.7

First off, the Franciscan is an absolutely gorgeous place to have your reception/wedding. Fountains and flowers, lush grass and so much more make a beautiful and spacious outdoor area with access to a roomy indoor area, equally as decorated, as well. The catering was flawless and the food was very good; we never felt we needed to be pushed along to make room for the next wedding and felt like we were the only wedding there that day. Sonja and her team were great. They do all the work for you and clean up afterwards.

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/24/07, 6 Reviews