The Flower Cart Reviews

109 Reviews for The Flower Cart

barb · Married on 09/22/2018

3.8
      1.5

I appreciated working with well informed, courteous people who had go suggestions for me and allowed me to change my mind occasionally. The flowers were beautifully done and the bride and her family were very pleased. I am the bride's aunt and this was her wedding present. Thank you for your good work!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Naimah · Married on 10/05/2018

3.6
      3.0

Bouquet was heavy and wrong

I wanted a cascading bouquet and the day of the wedding I received a heavy bouquet with a bunch of flowers. They bouquet was $180.00 and definitely wasnt what my coordinator discussed to have completed for my special day. They required the payment but didn't execute the bouquet as requested.

Sent on 11/09/2018

Melody · Married on 05/05/2018

3.4
      1.5
      3.5
      3.5

Truthfully, I went with Flower Cart because it was the cheapest florist I could find that still looked pretty decent in pictures and had decent reviews. Maybe my mistake for trying to have phone consultations instead of going into the shop to actually see the quality of their flowers, but I sent them pictures of exactly what all I would've liked. Looks-wise, they weren't too far off. They created the arrangements, for the most part, to our liking. However, I was really disappointed with the quality of flowers they used. Thank God for Photoshop because my blush rose bouquet was not very fresh and had more brown spots than I was expecting in real life. Additionally, I was REALLY upset that they did not set up the flower arrangement on our cake, as discussed. While I did not go in for the initial consultation, I did go in to the shop for a final consultation, where we talked all the details of the wedding day, I saw Jamie write down that FLOWER CART would set up the flowers (not the bakery), and make the final payment. For some reason, the flowers were just dropped off, leaving my family to throw the flowers on the cake. While my family did the best they could, the cake ended up not looking like what I envisioned at all. Thank God the cake tasted amazing.

While flowers are expensive, the lesson I learned is that it is worth the splurge. Also, I would have the person in charge of decorations know of all the exact plans. My bad for not telling my aunt that the florist was supposed to decorate the cake because I know my aunt would not have let the florist leave without doing so. Flower Cart was not AWFUL... Jamie was pretty good at replying to emails and accommodating my requests. If flowers are not THAT big of a deal to you, then I would definitely recommend Flower Cart. They were "fairly decent," at best.

Sent on 06/21/2018

Mindy · event on: 10/11/2014

3.4
      0.5

Wrist corsage was beautiful however it snapped apart during the dance my son took his girlfriend to. I was quite upset over that. His flower was falling apart as we were trying to pin it on him. The people were very nice but I will not order from here again.

Sent on 10/17/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/14/2016

2.8
      2.5
      3.0

So at first everything went well. I told Jamie what I needed and could afford and she worked with me. She gave me a price quote which I then went and put a 100$ deposit. A week before my wedding I got an email requesting to pay the final balance which due to wedding brain I forgot all about. So right away to respond as quickly as possible I asked her the remaining balance... that's where my problems started. My total price quote which I had printed out still was 332.42$ I had put down a deposit of 100$ so that should be 232.42 $ as the remaining balance but when she responded she told me my balance was 340 some dollars. Right away I got quote and questioned her about it through email and then all of a sudden she stopped responding. When I placed the order I placed it for Friday by 11am as I was getting married Saturday and would be busy so I couldn't get them my mother went to get them for me and they told her they weren't ready and weren't due out til the following day. So then they had to hurry n eat them ready and my mother had to go back down to get them a few hours later. I will say this when I seen the flowers Friday evening they were beautiful however when the flowers where brought to were I got ready the next day half of my bridal bouquet was dead and slimey . There was no fixing them and it was to late wedding was about to start I was so embarrassed by them and upset. I don't think they wrapped them right and halfbthe bouquet couldn't breathe to get water because I kept them in a fridge all nught and not one other bouquet had that problem. Needless to say I will never use flower cart again n I advise everyone else not to as well at least for something as big and important as your wedding day.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Jaime · Married on 09/15/2017

2.8
      3.0

RESOLVED: reimbursed full price for bridal bouquet
    -----
    Disappointing that the bride's bouquet had a large patch of brown dead flowers before she even walked down the aisle.
    Had to keep remembering to rotate flowers to the undead side for photographs.

Also one of the boutonniere was missing a pin.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Dana & Jim · Married on 12/31/2008

2.4
      2.0

We truly have mixed feelings about this vendor. We ordered from them all at once for two weddings. Our daughter's ceremony was on Christmas Eve, 2008 and our wedding was on New Year's Eve, 2008. They have a branch at Hopkins where my husband and I both work - but they had me come out to Perry Hall to look at the different variations of the color red for the roses we were ordering. They were to ship the order to the Hopkins branch the day before my daughter's wedding as well as the day before our wedding. They did not have my daughter's flowers at 4:30 pm on Dec. 23th (they close at 5:00pm). They did manage to fix the mistake quickly, however, her roses were not burgundy and did not match her husband's vest and tie. The flowers were a bright red. We chalked it up to the fact that they had to throw them together at the last minute. However, the same thing happened when we went to pick up our flowers a week later. They were nowhere near burgundy (the bridal bouquet, nor the 4 bags of petals - which was a shame because I had made to trip out to Perry Hall to ensure the deeper red. We called to see if they could fix the problem but they just said "We get what we get from the wholesaler - we gave you the darkest ones we had" (which were a pale red). I ended up going to Cedar Hill Florists on the day of my wedding. I have gone to them my whole life and was using Flower Cart because it was convenient at work. I wish I had used Cedar Hill from the beginning - because the bridal bouquet they put together for me, with just 2 hours notice on New Year's Eve, was perfect, exquisite, classy . . . . and most importantly . . . . burgundy. Flower Cart was reasonably priced, but I have to say, after our experience we won't be using them again. We'd rather pay a little extra and get what we really ordered/wanted. Jim & Dana

Sent on 01/22/2009

Nicki · event on: 10/13/2013

0.4
      0.0

Completely disgusted with this company!!! I called and place an order for flowers on Wednesday for my grandmothers viewing today (Sunday) I was told that because this company is closed on Sundays the flowers would be delivered on Saturday afternoon...well I get to my grandmothers viewing today AND THERE ARE NO FLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!! 4 days notice and no flowers?! and I did not receive a phone call that there was any problems!!!!! I will NEVER do business with this company again! Also my office uses this company quite often and had ordered flowers for her viewing today..that DID NOT SHOW UP EITHER...two separate flower orders for the same place from the same company and you guys SCREWED it up!!!! and of course you cant get a hold of anyone there...they are closed on Sundays...cant even leave a message!!!!!! HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 11/22/2014

colleen · event on: 02/01/2016

0.2
      0.0

Today is my Anniversary, and my husband sent me flowers, Daawwww. Unfortunately, I do bills on Monday and saw that he spent almost $50 on flowers. My children have given me a nicer arrangement picked from my yard. Sorry folks, I'm in the wedding industry, I know what things cost. Hydrangea and 5 bicolor tulips in a mason jar filled with pink water? I don't think so. I'd like to assume 90% of the fee was delivery.

Sent on 02/01/2016

The Flower Cart's reply:

Hi Colleen,
    I'm sorry that you were disappointed by the flower arrangement you received. The order was filled to value ($30) plus tax and delivery ($44.75 total) and they were gorgeous hydrangea and tulips. The mason jar is actually pink glass, not filled with pink water. We would love to see you happy and are willing to pick up the arrangement and replace it with an arrangement more to your liking tomorrow. Please feel free to email us at customerserv@flowercart.com or call us in the morning at 410-426-3545 to confirm that you would like us to pick it up and replace.