The Finer Points Reviews

56 Reviews for The Finer Points

1 User photo

The Finer Points 1

Erin · Married on 05/02/2009

Imagine taking a bride who is a total control freak and turning her into a calm, relaxed woman who enjoyed every moment of her wedding day. Lynn is amazing and in the future when I think back to our special day I will always look at the service she provided as my most treasured wedding gift. She took care of every detail. I was completely unaware of any minor mishaps happening around me and I will remember my wedding day as pure perfection!

Sent on 06/15/2009

Cecelia · Married on 11/24/2007

Both Priscilla and Lynn excel at what they do. Without Priscilla's assitance my husband and I would have spent thousands more than we did on our wedding and we wouldn't have recieved the same service from our vendors. I had no idea what went into planning a wedding, but with The Finer Points by my side I had someone there who knew exactly what questions to ask and someone who was willing to push a little to get the discounts and question the fees etc. Priscilla had all the right contacts, without her I wouldn't have found the perfect flowers, the perfect seamstress, the perfect cake, the perfect musicians. Basically, I owe my perfect wedding to The Finer Points!!!

Sent on 12/18/2007
  • Danielle

Danielle Sgro · Married on 06/22/2019

Reliable and extremely committed

The Finer Points made sure our day was amazing from beginning to end. From Laura Billak dropping off champagne and orange juice for the bridesmaids and bride while getting ready, to making sure all our guests got where they needed to be for a 200 person multi-part wedding, we were incredibly impressed and didn’t have to stress on our big day. We would recommend them to anyone who wants exceptional wedding planning services at a good value.

Sent on 06/25/2019

3.5

Lynn and Lisa were very helpful and very down to earth and easy to work with.

They did an excellent job setting up all the decorations my mom and I had along with placing out various furniture items for our ceremony. Everything looked as we had envisioned and turned out beautifully.They were also very helpful with managing the course of events that evening and managing every aspect of the ceremony so we didnt have to worry about a thing. Everything went very smoothly.

Lynn was also helpful in the days leading up to the event by checking with and confirming things with vendors,etc.

Finer Points is good at responding to emails but at times it took a few more days then anticipated to get responses.

Overall though best money spent!

I would work with them again for any day of coordination services.

Sent on 08/15/2016

3.4
      2.5
      3.0

Lynn has three options; a basic, a mid-grade, and a deluxe package. I got the deluxe package and feel like I would have been fine with one of the other two. Don't get me wrong--Lynn is very helpful and has some good advice, but the difference in price and the difference in service between the 'deluxe' and 'mid' package isn't worth it. She's GREAT during the month of and on the day of the wedding, but if you're organized and engaged, you don't need her for the full 8 months of planning.

Sent on 10/28/2012

Alex · Married on 05/26/2019

3.4
      2.0
      3.0

Not the best, not the worst

We chose Lynn for our day of coordinator even though she was a bit more expensive than some others we were considering because she said she started helping 2 months out. Unfortunately, that was not our experience. She took longer than any of our other vendors to respond to emails and we had multiple misunderstandings during the planning process. On our wedding day, almost everything was set up as we asked, but she did not seem to understand some of the details of a Jewish wedding and did not make sure the desserts were always refilled (I had to ask her to refill them after multiple people told me we were out, despite us having a lot left over the next day). She was definitely helpful the day of our wedding and kept us on schedule, but given the number of wedding coordinators available, she would not be our first choice.

Sent on 07/14/2019

The Finer Points's reply:

Hi Alex,

I am sorry you felt that way about your wedding day and our coordination process. I am extremely familiar with Jewish Weddings and traditions as I have coordinated numerous Jewish Weddings with The Finer Points and also through my time at Lansdowne Resort and Westfields Marriott. Also, we worked really hard to get your desserts out in a timely manner as many were melted when delivered so we had to re-ice the cupcakes before bringing them out to be served. I really enjoyed working with you all and am very sorry that you feel this way but I wish only the best for you all!