The Fetzer Center Reviews

40 | Kalamazoo, MI

40 Reviews for The Fetzer Center

Food was excellent. Shannon was sweet and helpful andtook care of everything. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Katie · Married on 10/14/2017

The Fetzer Center was fantastic! Everyone we worked with, especially Shannon, was so helpful and accommodating. I particularly appreciated her help coordinating and setting things up the day of the wedding, and keeping things running smoothly from start to finish. She was a calming presence, gave great advice, and was solving problems before I even knew they were issues. Many of our guests noted how much they enjoyed the food at our reception. We were also really impressed by how much was included in our total cost of using the Fetzer Center as our wedding venue. Their help with set up and take down was a godsend and made for a significantly less stressful wedding weekend.

Sent on 11/08/2017

The Fetzer Center's reply:

Thank you so much for the review Katie! We were honored to help you with your special day!

I used the Fetzer Center for my wedding reception, and would recommend this location to my friends and family. All services were provided for the reception, and took the stress of planning and finding other vendors. Everything during the reception ran smoothly, and all staff was attentive and professional.

Sent on 08/30/2014

Malissa · Married on 06/15/2013

The Fetzer Center did an amazing job. They were flexible had great prices, provided excellent food and the service really made me feel comfortable about the busy day of my wedding. I highly recommend the Fetzer Center for any events especially weddings.

Sent on 09/09/2013

3.5

The service was great! Some of things were expensive, and we wish we were told in the begging about certain things. But, we made it work and it was fabulous!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Mallory · Married on 10/26/2013

Our wedding was perfect! Fetzer offers great service and value for a very reasonable rate. The food was out of this world also!

Sent on 11/05/2013
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 07/13/2013

3.0

I loved having my wedding at the Fetzer Center. The venue is gorgeous and I really enjoyed working with the staff. They listened to my dreams of having a Disney wedding and helped to go the extra mile to help make our dreams come true. They offered to provide a DISNEY themed ice sculpture for our wedding, we chose a castle, which looked amazing and we got a lot of compliments on it! Todd, their catering manager was PHENOMENAL! We told him about how we were going to play the song "Be Our Guest" while the caterers were serving the first course and he thought it was a great idea. Little did we know he was going to choreograph his staff to do a turn while carrying trays during the song! It was awesome and I absolutely loved it.The only thing I did not like was the bridal suite. It's not a very attractive room (red carpet) and it was EXTREMELY hot in the room on my wedding day and I ended up getting ready in the hallway. Overall, the Fetzer Center was AMAZING and they helped to make our dreams come true and if I were to have my wedding over again, I would 100% choose the Fetzer Center! :)

Sent on 09/16/2013

Heather · Married on 10/29/2011

The fetzer center is a great value for the price. Our wedding turned out absolutely beautiful and we couldn't have done it without all of the help from their wedding coordinator.

Sent on 01/02/2012

Kelly · Married on 04/04/2009

The Fetzer Center was a beautiful and convenient place to hold both our ceremony and reception. The staff was friendly and helpful from our first visit, all of the planning and throughout our wedding day. Even when we paid our bill even the waiting staff remembered us and were friendly and congratulatory. I would highly recommend the Fetzer Center for any event you may have!!

Sent on 04/06/2009

Erin · Married on 08/16/2008

The Fetzer Center was more than flexible. My husband and I had to re-schedule our wedding and they were great about the change. We also had some unique food and drink requests that they were able to accommodate for us and everyone was extremely friendly and easy to work with. The venue itself on Western Michigan University's campus is beautiful - tall windows which I wanted and our guests really enjoyed the beautiful redwood deck in the back.

Sent on 01/02/2009

Austin & Holly · Married on 05/28/2016

The Fetzer Center made our wedding day amazing. From the beginning with personalized help to make the various decisions for the reception, to letting us drop off things the week before the wedding, the staff at Fetzer were great to work with. They made sure to accommodate our busy schedules, even with us living 4.5 hours away. On the day of the wedding, Fetzer made sure we had nothing to worry about. Set up, tear down, and making sure we and our guests had everything we could want.

The food was superb. When we were determining which options we wanted to serve, it was genuinely difficult to narrow it down, because we were fan of all of them. And the ice sculpture was a classy touch too!

Overall, the Fetzer was the perfect choice for us. It was a good value, and we didn't have to worry about anything the day of the wedding. We couldn't ask for anything more.

Sent on 06/13/2016

The Fetzer Center's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! You were such a fun group and a beautiful couple. We were honored to be able to help you celebrate your special day!

Melissa · Married on 09/08/2012

My wedding at the Fetzer center was amazing ! I loved being able to have everything at one place and it all be just what I wanted !
    We got ready in a room there at the center, we exchanged vows on the patio and it worked out perfect.
    We then had our guests go into the lobby where there was a breath taking ice sculpture that we loved it was so US !
    Our reception area was set up as we hoped, nicely done tables our centerpieces and lanterns.
    There is always so much stress and worry for the bride but Fetzer staff was so helpful and they followed through with our wishes and made our wedding day PERFECT !

I would highly recommend this venue and the staff. Fetzer is located on the beautiful campus of WMU also which is another bonus :)

Sent on 09/09/2013

Nikole · Married on 07/16/2011

Very prompt at responding to any questions/concerns we had throughout the planning process. We received many compliments on the food and how wonderful everything looked. I could not have been happier with how beautifully everything was set up. The Fetzer Center made sure that everything ran smooth and I could not have asked for a better wedding ceremony and reception. Would highly recommond!

Sent on 07/30/2011

3.0

The staff was sometimes slow in response. Also, both of the managers left the event early. But, they were helpful with meeting special dietary needs. The day of the event was beautiful and we really enjoyed it!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Amanda · Married on 12/19/2009

3.6
      3.0

It was very nice that they take care of all set up, place cards gifts ect. The coordinator was a little flighty and not very good options for our rehersal, but overall very nice. Staff was great except the catering manager who despratley needed a bra and wouldnt smile if you paid her, but she was behind scenes mostly and her staff was great!

Sent on 12/28/2009