28 Reviews for The Farmhouse at People's Light

China (1)
Flatware (1)
Glassware (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)

We could not have been happier with our wedding at People's Light an Theater. The space is beautiful, and they have wonderful options for both an indoor or outdoor ceremony. The food is fantastic, and the coordinators we worked with were super flexible to help us meet our needs.

Profile Picture Sara, 6/9/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Event Planning, Event Rentals, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Centerpieces, Chairs, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

My husband and I were married at The Farmhouse at People’s Light in June 2018 and it was an absolute dream. The team at The Farmhouse – Shawn, Bob, and Ellen were very responsive, attentive to detail, and made sure the planning process and reception went smoothly. Everyone commented on how beautiful the space was and the grounds at The Farmhouse and in the immediate area are beautiful for pictures. We are so happy we chose The Farmhouse, it was the perfect venue for our best day!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 6/2/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables

The Farmhouse is a beautiful venue. We loved the indoor area to have the ceremony as well as the outside garden area for pictures. Our event coordinator, Shawn, was super helpful the whole time. She was quick to respond to emails and phone calls and helped us plan the wedding step by step. The price was good compared to other venues in the area and I think most, if not all, proceeds from the wedding venue go back to the nonprofit theater next door. The food was good and the catering staff professional. Our guests loved the venue. I highly recommend this place to get married!

Profile Picture Daniel, 3/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I were married at The Farmhouse on June 2, 2017 and it was a wonderful experience. Starting with our first visit to the venue, preparation for the event, the tasting, the actual event and a follow-up trip for dinner and a show, everything was handled with the utmost professionalism and attention to detail. We had 80 quests at our wedding and everyone commented on what a great time they had and the beauty of the venue. The flexibility of the venue leads me to believe it could easily handle smaller or much large weddings. The food was awesome and we had a difficult time choosing a menu because all the food at the tasting was delicious (BTW, bring a couple of people with you to the tasting because the share a lot of food with you). The outdoor seating was perfect for the wedding and the recently updated outdoor façade and adjacent cocktail area was perfect for our wedding. During our event, Kyle was very attentive to our needs throughout the night and did an excellent job in ensuring the success of the wedding. We used a couple of the vendors recommended by The Farmhouse (Platinum Disc Jockeys and Master’s Baker) and they both did an excellent job. It was great that they had a list of vendors we could work with which helped alleviate some of the pressure of planning a wedding. All in all, it was a great experience and I’d recommend checking out this venue for your wedding

Profile Picture Tony, 6/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

For the past 15 years, the organization I work for, Citizen Advocacy of Chester County, has held our annual auction fundraiser at The Farmhouse. The food, the service, the staff have been nothing short of remarkable! Everybody is so friendly, professional and exceptional. We are so deeply grateful to The Farmhouse for making our annual fundraiser into such a huge success for our organization. We couldn't recommend it more for your own event!

Profile Picture Alicia, 4/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

After moving to Texas from the Philadelphia area, we still wanted to have our wedding at "home", and working with the venue was so easy to plan from halfway across the country! Spencer was absolutely wonderful to work with and put us completely at ease from the first time we met him. His response time is excellent and his personality is so fun to be around! He knows what he is doing. Our wedding was absolutely perfect, I can not even think of one little thing that didn't go as desired. The ceremony (which had to be moved under the patio at literally the last minute due to rain), reception, food, staff, EVERYTHING was wonderful. My husband and I had an amazing time as did our guests. We have gotten so many compliments. This place is beautiful inside and out and includes a lot with your package which makes things easy. The day flew by but one thing that stands out is the fact that I was able to enjoy myself the entire time and not worry about a single thing, and it all went off without a hitch thanks to Spencer and everyone at The Farmhouse. I absolutely recommend this place!

Profile Picture Christa, 9/12/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Linens

We could not have imagined a more perfect day. We (and all of our guests) had a fabulous time. I had a very specific idea in my mind of how I wanted our day to be and through Spencer Brennan's planning and organization he brought it to life! He had incredible patience with all my questions, charts and planning and showed grace and good judgment when it came to how things should be run and set up. From jumping in as bartender to dancing with our guests his presence and positive/problem solving attitude made the day everything we could ever wish for!

When we found out there was a transition in the coordinator we would be working with in August I went into panic mode but as soon as we met Spencer, he put both Andrew and I totally at ease. It turns out that switch was the best thing to ever happen to our wedding! When we came up for a food tasting, we left feeling absolutely confident that one of the most important days in our life was in good hands! (And oh my god that dressing!) We knew that no matter what happened he would make sure that the wedding would go smoothly. And it did. There was absolutely nothing left for us to worry about. I know there were things that happened throughout the day that provided challenges but we did not know anything about them!

We had such a wonderful time, we wish we could do it all over again.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 3/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding was beautiful. The event manager, Spencer Brennan, created a beautiful ceremony sight and a lovely reception. The food was wonderful! It was the perfect location for our smaller wedding. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture User4942993, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything went smoothly and the food was wonderful. Betsy helped us make sure everything flowed.

Profile Picture Wendy, 5/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thanks to Betsy and everyone at the Farmhouse for the wedding of my dreams! Betsy was a valuable resource for all my crazy questions and concerns. She allowed my sister and I to get into the venue the day before to ensure everything was just as I wanted it. It was a pleasure working with her and the rest of the staff. Thanks again!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/12/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Shane (chef) and Sandie (coordinator) did a wonderful job! Our wedding reception went perfectly and was beautiful. The food was exceptional! We have been told by numerous guests how wonderful the food was. We highly recommend this venue for a wedding reception (our ceremony was somewhere else). The grounds are beautiful so it would make a great place for a ceremony as well.

Profile Picture Holli, 7/24/10, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have picked a better place for my wedding ceremony and reception! It was the perfect day. The service is outstanding. I received personal service every step of the way. I felt confident that the professionals wanted my wedding to be just as beautiful as I did. We are still receiving comments on the beauty of the site. Everyone loved the gardens, the ceremony site, as well as the ballroom and patio area. It was the PERFECt fit for our garden wedding! You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Patti, 7/3/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were really happy with our wedding ceremony & reception that was held at the People's Light Theater & Farmhouse. Everyone loved the garden atmosphere. I was very pleased with Betsy (the event coordinator) and her professionalism, flexibility and just the fact that she was a sweet person who was easy to work with. We wanted a wedding that was simple and elegant and we found just that at the People's Light. I would recommend this venue for brides who are down to earth, and want to keep things simple yet beautiful for their wedding day. At the last minute, due to the heat and humidity- we decided to move the ceremony inside- Betsy was quick to direct her team regarding the change and did a wonderful job at transforming the inside for our ceremony. I honestly did not have to worry about a thing.

One thing to note is that the previous chef from about two years back now works at a nearby restaurant and is very outspoken about his personal feelings about the falling out he had with management that resulted in his termination from the farmhouse. I went there with my family and he tried to convince me not to have our event there- so beware of reviews bashing the new management and staff- because based on my experience they seem to stem from the previous chef who is still very bitter about being asked to leave.

Profile Picture Jenny, 5/27/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The service was outstanding and the professionalism paramount, The the venue and the food was outstanding. There was a change in the individual managing the event for my son and daughter-in-law but there was no a missed beat during the transition.

Profile Picture Angela , 3/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Peoples Light was absolutely perfect for our big day! From day one the team was right there with us to make the planning process as easy going and enjoyable as possible! I’ve heard such horror stories about planning weddings, so I was super suprised and thankful at how pain free they made it! The food was absolutely fantastic and had all my guests full and raving about how great the venue was! This place is truly a gem! The grounds are beautiful with many places to get some beautiful photos! The farmhouse just adds a whole country chic historic vibe that people really appreciate! A beautiful alternative to what other venues offer. Between the good food, friendly staff and uniqueness that is People’s Light, it’s worth every penny! My husband and I would highly recommend this wonderful place!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I got married here on June 26, 2016 and the entire process was a breeze. We wouldn't have changed a thing about our day, and were so pleased with everything about the venue - food, scenery/landscaping, staff, atmosphere and layout, etc. The staff (Bob, Ellen, Catherine, etc.) were pleasant to work with and very accommodating. They were very detailed in making sure everything for our day was well-planned in advance so that we didn't have to worry about a thing come the wedding day. Our guests have had nothing but great things to say about the venue and the food. We chose to have an outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception and this worked wonderfully on a warm day in June. We were thankful for a backup plan, if it decided to rain, but thankfully it did not! We really wanted to have every part of our wedding (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) all in one convenient location and the Farmhouse was perfect for this. Overall, we are ecstatic about how our day turned out and would highly recommend this venue for a wedding or other event. Our only disappointment was not getting to enjoy the food because we were so busy mingling with our guests, etc. We will certainly be returning for a meal (and a show!) at the Bistro soon. Thank you to the staff!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/26/16, 1 Review
4.7

I am so happy with the venue in which we held both our ceremony and reception at. We worked closely with Shawn and had a very smooth experience. She was responsive and flexible in our requests. Shawn was our main point of contact from first visit, food tasting, rehearsal dinner, to day of. Everyone raved about the food and the decor. It is truly a beautiful location for a wedding. I would recommend this venue to anyone interested. The staff was great during the cocktail and reception. Could not be happier!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My wedding reception at The Farmhouse was perfect!

The newly renovated space, including the pavilion is beautiful. The Farmhouse staff is also very flexible in terms of letting you use whatever space you'd like to design your reception. We used the pavilion, the bistro area, and the outdoor garden space for our cocktail hour. This allowed 3 bars to be open and allowed for guests to mingle throughout the entire space, which was so nice. We used the main ballroom for dinner and to hold all of our guest tables. We then used the pavilion space as our main dance floor. I was a bit nervous that having the dance floor in the pavilion would be too separated from the ballroom, but it truly was not - the two spaces really flowed into each other, and the dance floor was packed the entire night.

The food was amazing - both the hors d'oeuvres and our main entrees. The chef even agreed to create a special appetizer for me to be served during the cocktail hour!

The only comment that I would make is that sometimes it was difficult to get in touch with the venue via email, and sometimes I had to ask the same question a few times before I received an answer. However, in the few weeks leading directly up to the wedding, Kyle was always very responsive, and to me, that mattered most.

I would definitely recommend The Farmhouse to anyone looking to have their wedding in a unique, rustic space. Thank you to Kyle and the entire staff at The Farmhouse!

Profile Picture Jillian, 10/28/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at The Farmhouse and could not be more pleased with the whole experience! Bob and Kyle are so professional and easy to work with. They kept everything running smoothly and we didn't worry about a thing. They made sure every detail of our wedding was perfect. We can't say enough about their excellent service! The food was amazing- our guests are still talking about it! The venue is gorgeous- didn't need much decorating at all. Good price, great food, and excellent service! We are very happy we chose The Farmhouse at People's Light!

Profile Picture Kayla, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception , June 17-18th , at The Farmhouse and every detail was perfect and everything ran smoothly! The team at The Farmhouse met every need and were always just an email or phone call away! There was a change in the wedding coordinator about a month before the wedding and the rest of the team picked up where he left off ( or should I say BETTER) without a hitch. I would recommend this GORGOUS venue to any future bride to fulfill their dream wedding. The gardens, the farmhouse, patio, AMAZING. Another Plus was that we were told by MANY guests how delicious the food was- from the smaller scale of the rehearsal dinner all the way to through to the reception. Ellen, Bob, Catherine, Chef and the entire wait staff outdid themselves!!

Profile Picture Katie , 6/18/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My wife and I had a ceremony, reception, and rehearsal dinner all here on June 10-11th 2016 and we were ecstatic with the results of our big day! This is such a beautiful venue, gorgeously landscaped gardens, great interior layout, and a very accommodating staff. We shopped around at a lot of venues in and around Philadelphia, and we chose this one not just for how breathtaking the scenery is, but it was a great deal. They package everything you would need into one affordable bill, no extra costs or headaches. The catering was delicious and very flexible to fit our specific menu requests. The event staff was also great at returning calls and helping us to solve all of the little details that pop up during the planning process. I would highly recommend this venue if you are looking for a place near the city, but with ample parking and a ton of options.

Profile Picture Devin, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Linens, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Chairs, Uncovered Outdoor

I recently went to a family members wedding here and I was blown away at the beauty of the place! All he guests enjoyed the covered deck level to a beatuful garden rural landscape views. Inside was spacious and had a formal yet relaxing atmosphere. It is a little pricey but you cannot beat the beauty of the farmhouse setting.

Profile Picture Jenn, 3/1/97, 5 Reviews
4.2

My husband and I got married on 5/29/16 and everything was perfect! We had a small intimate wedding with 50 guests and things went so smoothly. My hubby and I actually got to enjoy our day and spend time with guests for more than 5 minutes! We initially worked with Spencer Brennan when we booked about a year in advance. About 2-3 months before our wedding we found out he was leaving and were a little worried about working with a new person and the transition. It couldn't have gone better. We started working with Bob and Ellen and felt more confident that ever when that transition occurred. They answered all our questions, worked with our budget, and got every detail we wanted to accomplish for our big day. We can say enough about them! As for the venue, it's beautiful in the spring with the garden in the back. It's exactly what we wanted...rustic chic! We had our ceremony in the garden and reception inside. As for the food, it was a hit! Our guests loved the food and plates were empty. Steaks were cooked perfectly at every table. We loved the fact that were were able to save money but cutting down number of choices for hors d'oeuvres and only serving wine and beer. We cant say enough about the staff and venue. They were so accommodating and hard workers. We would recommend this venue to anyone and would have an event there again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cake, Event Planning, Chairs, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens
3.8

When we originally booked the wedding there was one coordinator and two weeks before the wedding there was a new one. The original coordinator was pretty awesome. The turn over was a little nerve wracking since there was an interim coordinator with not much experience. The manager of the venue had some attitude. She was pretty short and a little sharp tongued. Being that it is a people type business she could work on that. But the event was AWESOME! I can't say enough about Stephen who seemed to run EVERYTHING. He helped set up, and serve and just about everything else. He even watered and sprayed our flowers to keep them fresh. He is professional and friendly and pretty AWESOME! Also, Catherine is an assistant to the event planner and works in the office by day and the Farmhouse by night. Wow! She should be the event planner. She is on her game. She has every detail listed and is efficient and friendly. I think without her it would have fallen apart. The event itself was well run and went off without a hitch. The food was outstanding and the service superior. The only part of stopping me from having an event there again would be if I had to deal with the manager. She is just really hard to work with. Put Catherine or Stephen in touch with the people and you will bring in plenty of business!!!

Profile Picture Teri, 5/28/16, 8 Reviews