The Farmer's Daughter Flowers Reviews

70 | Pittsburgh, PA

70 Reviews for The Farmer's Daughter Flowers

Sara · Married on 05/02/2015

What can I say about Lauren? Phenomenal? Understatement. Her dedication to detail and the brides overall happiness is something to be desired. She was so kind and easy to work with, being an hour away you'd think it would be impossible for her to make my dreams come true. My flowers were probably my favorite "detail" of my wedding. Breathtaking in beauty and color, fresh and vibrant, I just could not love them anymore. The value is outstanding, she will work what you want right into your budget. Trust me, you want her for your wedding. AMAZING! Thank you, Lauren!!

-The Crafts

Sent on 05/07/2015

Robyn · Married on 05/02/2015

I loved my bouquets and centerpieces from The Farmer's Daughter! Months before the wedding, I met with Lauren to show her some pictures and talk about what I had in mind. We emailed back and forth leading up to the wedding and she was very responsive and helpful the whole time. On the wedding day, I was so excited to see our ideas come to life! The flowers were bold and bright just like we'd planned.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/02/2015

From our first initial e-mails, to the first meeting, to the day of the wedding on 5/2/15 - Lauren was so pleasant and professional and SUCH a delight to work with!!! She was so receptive to my ideas for flowers for my wedding - from the vague, for which she had perfect suggestions, to the slightly unique, such as asking for thistles! She made such beautiful wildflower (with a touch of thistle!) bouquets for my bridesmaids that turned out even better than I could have imagined, and my all dried lavender bouquet was so beautiful I decided to opt out of tossing it the day of the wedding so I could keep it for myself. :) It doesn't hurt to mention that as a bride on a budget, the cost of the flowers was so fantastic. I couldn't come up with a single complaint about The Farmer's Daughter if I tried!

I am not what I would call a flower person, but after working with Lauren - I think she has turned me into one! I will continue to follow her shop and go to her for any future flower needs, whether that's as a gift or just to decorate my apartment!

Sent on 05/23/2015

Susan · Married on 12/20/2014

The Farmers Daughter provided beautiful flowers. I couldn't have asked for anything more beautiful.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Angela · Married on 10/18/2014

Lauren did such an amazing job for my wedding, she was very accommodating and is truly passionate in what she does!

Sent on 03/20/2015

Rachel · Married on 10/11/2014

Lauren was fantastic! She was so excited about my ideas and really made the whole flower experience such a fun thing. She listened to my vision and made the most beautiful bouquets I have ever seen. She also did my centerpieces for my tables at the reception and they were just as I had explained them. I received numerous compliments on my flowers and was so incredibly happy with my decision. I would recommend Lauren to anyone!

Kristen · Married on 08/30/2014

Hiring Lauren to do our flowers was the easiest and best decision I made for our wedding. Her passion for floristry is infectious, and the final products are breathtaking. After feeling pressured and overwhelmed by every vendor we came in contact with, it was such a breath of fresh air to have someone actually take the time to really truly listen to our vision and work within our budget. Our venue coordinator stopped me during our wedding reception to ask for my florist's business card because other brides looking at the venue that day wanted my flowers. Absolutely nothing beats the wave of pride I had when I heard that other brides were envious of my flowers! I wish I had more occasions that required flowers, just so I could show off the work of The Farmers Daughter again and again!

Kristen · Married on 08/30/2014

Stephanie · Married on 08/29/2014

Lauren is the most fabulous florist around. Not only is she extremely talented, but she is so sweet to work with. She took my vision and turned it into exactly what I wanted. I showed up on my wedding day and my flowers were magically in my dressing room. She was the most stress free part of my day! She works with whatever budget you have in mind and creates the most amazing bouquets for your special day!

Sent on 03/18/2015

Kelly · Married on 03/28/2014

Lauren is outstanding!! Her professionalism, timeliness and attention to detail is second to none! She was great to work with on all accounts and her passion truly shines in her work. The flowers certainly helped set the mood of the wedding from the ceremony, to the centerpieces and the stunning bouquets! I could NOT stop staring at my bouquet... it was breathtaking!!! gave Lauren a basic vision of the vibe I was going for, and she truly made it come to life, even though I was over 3,000 miles away since my wedding was in Arizona! She is great to work with near or far.. highly recommend!!!

Sent on 03/20/2015

Kenda · Married on 06/25/2017

My bouquets turned out even better than I had imagined. They really listened to what I like and don't like and they managed to make florals that were more perfect than I could have put together myself in my mind. I can't say enough how happy I was with the finished product.

Sent on 07/09/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 05/28/2017

Lauren and everyone at the Farmer's Daughter were extremely friendly, helpful, and very fun to work with! She worked with me to stay within my budget but have gorgeous centerpieces and flowers for my bridal party and family. They delivered everyone and cleaned up everything at the end of the night (an extra cost for clean up but well worth it.). My bouquet was SO fun, I received so many compliments on it and I loved that I could just trust them to make it amazing. My only disappointment were the boutonnieres for the boys - they were very plain and wilted very quickly, and my husbands never laid quite right so most of our pictures just show leaves covering the flowers. Other than that minor detail, I would absolutely recommend Lauren and her team beyond anyone else. Thank you so much for playing a part in our day and making it so special, as well as being so flexible!!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 09/04/2016

I couldn't be happier with my wedding flowers! I initially met with Lauren more than a year before the wedding, I was pretty set in what I wanted and had lots of very specific requests about shades of colors and what was ok vs. not ok. As the year went on, and I kept seeing all Lauren's gorgeous bouquets on Instagram, I realized I needed to let go and trust her - best decision! When we met again a few weeks before the wedding, I wanted to change the style/containers for centerpieces, other decor, and add on 2 more bridesmaid bouquets. She was super accommodating to all my changes, which financially actually came out in my advantage and she didn't try to upsell me or get me back up to the initial contract amount. I thought this says a lot about her and her business practices! On my wedding day, the bouquets were delivered right to my hotel suite and they were beautiful! The cocktail and reception flowers were lovely as well. I did think the centerpieces would be in a plastic container that could be popped out and taken home at the end of the night, but unfortunately it was floral foam directly in the centerpiece containers and I wasn't able to give away centerpieces to local guests as I had hoped. Either way I couldn't be happier with the quality, style, and Lauren's flexibility! I highly recommend The Farmer's Daughter.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/28/2016

When I was planning my wedding, I was clueless on where to start with flowers. I didn't know much about them and I didn't want to break the bank. I got Lauren's name from a friend and instantly I fell in love with her style. I quickly set up a first meeting and we clicked from the start. We talked about my vision for the day, my style, my Pinterest board, etc. From all this I think she had a perfect understanding of what I wanted, and I gave her free reign to tweak or change things as she felt necessary because I trusted her. She worked with me on setting my budget and sticking within those lines. She also let me drop of some items to be incorporated into the bouquets and the boutonnieres right before the wedding. That day when they dropped off the flowers everyone instantly ooh'ed and awe'ed over them. They were more beautiful than I could of imagined. Everyone complained the bouquets, boutonnieres, and altar pieces. I can't thank Lauren enough for everything she did to make my wedding flowers special. I would recommend The Farmer's Daughter to any brides in need of a florist!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 09/05/2015

Lauren was absolutely incredible from the very beginning! Starting with our consultation she wowed us with the depth of her knowledge and skill, as well as with her flexibility and commitment to making our wedding what we wanted. We could tell that this business was also her passion, and it definitely showed in all she put together for our Labor Day wedding!

My husband and I got married outdoors, at his family home. We wanted to opt away from traditional floral centerpieces. Lauren put together arrangements of variously sized terra cotta potted ferns and herbs for all our tables instead! Our guests absolutely loved the originality, and the emphasis on the nature we were surrounded by. We got loads of compliments on all the greenery and the bridesmaid/bridal bouquets! Lauren even grew heirloom sunflowers in our colors - which is just a glimpse into her dedication!

We would use Lauren again in a heartbeat, and will continue to recommend her to everyone in the Pittsburgh area. There really isn't a better florist or team you could have handling your wedding. They excel in all five rating categories, and are absolute joys to work with.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Alice · Married on 05/24/2015

Lauren and staff were a delight to work with! She was one of the only florists who was able to envision a looser, more woodland type of arrangement, rather than a formal, symmetrical centerpiece. She provided bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, and a decorative archway for my daughter's May wedding. I thought the flowers were a good value, and they matched the gold, green, and white color scheme of the wedding beautifully. She even was able to wrap the bouquets with scarves belonging to the bride's late grandmother, which meant a lot. She was willing to incorporate flowers from my garden into the bouquets, but as it turned out, they weren't blooming in time, so we used the purchased flowers only. Lauren and her assistant Ashley were very enthusiastic about providing flowers for the wedding, and provided a clear contract so that we knew what would be provided and what items were being rented and needed to be returned after the event. At the time we engaged The Farmer's Daughter, there was no storefront, so we had a little tougher time contacting Lauren by cellphone, but now there is a storefront, so she is easier to meet with and discuss your plans.

Sent on 05/26/2015
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/05/2018

The most beautiful flowers

Our flowers from The Farmer's Daughter were beautiful and exceeded my expectations. Lauren was wonderful to work with and knew exactly what I wanted from a brief conversation. They are definitely pricey, but way worth it if your flowers are important to you.

Sent on 01/06/2019

Emily · Married on 09/09/2017

Lauren and her team at The Farmer's Daughter Flowers did the most amazing job for our wedding in Pittsburgh. I didn't have a strong idea for our flowers other than greens and blooms seasonal to our early September date, and colors that's weren't too summery or too fall...and what they came up with was absolutely stunning. The colors popped against the white brick and wooden tables of our restaurant/bar venue and really lit up the entire space. Each table arrangement was slightly different and unique to the next and I saw so many guests walking around to check out each one. Farmer's Daughter is a very very busy shop, and while their response time to emails was usually within a couple days, I never felt like I was waiting too long for replies. They always made me feel that my wedding was just as important as all the others they were working on at the same time. They were also very accommodating to any changes or additions I made throughout my planning process and the communication via phone and email was super friends. Obviously, I cannot say enough good things about them...and while I am a bit biased since this was MY wedding, I honestly can't say I remember being at a wedding where so many guests were talking about the flowers!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Laura · Married on 06/17/2017

Lauren was fantastic - even though our wedding was at Phipps - she incorporated what we wanted and made it elegant. She is amazing and you will not be disappointed if you use her.

Sent on 06/29/2017

Kelsey · Married on 06/11/2016

I am so glad I found Lauren and The Farmer's Daughter. I was initially not excited at all about flowers - I don't know much about them, but I knew what I liked and didn't and also knew I didn't want to spend a fortune on flowers. I walked away from my initial meeting with Lauren so excited about my flowers. She got my vision immediately and was very good about staying reasonable with the budget. On my wedding day, my flowers exceeded my expectations. The colors were absolutely beautiful - more perfect than I could have imagined. They came and set everything up perfectly. Lauren was also great when I was going back and forth about what I wanted. She was able to suggest things that I never would have thought of on my own and it was perfect!

Sent on 06/21/2016