The Farmer's Daughter Catering Reviews

1 User photo

• BillandJulia

Billandjulia Hammond · Married on 03/30/2019

Unbelievable!

It was incredible! Our guests could not stop talking about how incredible the food was. We had a carving station and the guests were super impressed with the freshness of the food! The appetizers were to die for and the portions were incredible for the price. Thank you for making our event marvelous!

Sent on 04/07/2019

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Bill and Julia, you throw one heck of a party! You and your guests were a delight to serve and the two of you were one the the most "chill" couples we've ever worked with. You made our job easy. We're so happy to hear how much everyone enjoyed the food. The Prime Rib Carving Station is a show stopper and one of our favorite entree options. Thanks for your kind words. All our best to you both.
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 03/14/2019

Amaze-balls!

Betsy was a dream to work with throughout the entire process. Naturally, we went to a tasting with her and had lots of questions. She answered all of our questions with ease and helped us put together a meal that our guests would like. Not to mention, we ordered something completely different than we did at our tasting with complete faith that it would taste just as delicious as our taste test food. Plus, Betsy is just the cutest! Would definitely recommend again.

Sent on 07/08/2019

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Kayla, I don't know how I missed this. I apologize for the late response. You are too cute. I may have to quote you, as this is the first review to refer to us as "Amaze-balls". LOL Thank you so much. You were a pleasure to work with and we wish you both a happy life together.
  • Chase

Chase · Married on 03/03/2019

Amazing food and service!

We hired the Farmer's Daughter to cater our wedding on March 3, 2019 and we couldn't be happier with that decision! The food was amazing, as most of our guests went out of their way to tell us how good their meal was. Additionally, Betsy was so great at making the whole process easy and simple so that we could focus on other details. Her and her staff were both very professional, and they really helped make our wedding day special. We would highly recommend them to anybody who wants to have a good event!

Sent on 05/23/2019

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

It makes my day when I hear we were able to help make your wedding day even more special. I'm glad we could help relieve some of the strain of wedding planning. Our goal is to make your wedding a stress free delicious success. Thank you for your kind words. All my best to you both.

sydney skarphol · Married on 11/17/2018

Absolutely amazing!!

The Farmers Daughter Catering was absolutely perfect. I had so many of the guests at my wedding tell me how much they loved the food. It was delicious and all of the food was paired perfectly. Betsy is absolutely wonderful to work with and keeps everything stress free!

Sent on 12/18/2018

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Thank you Sydney! I’m so happy that you and your guests enjoyed your wedding day menu. It’s always great to hear that I helped ease some stress on on your big day. All my best to you both.

Marisa · Married on 11/10/2018

Yummy Food

We loved working with Betsy, and everyone loved her food. We chose her because she offered more options than the typical/redundant wedding food that almost everyone has. People still talk about our the food we had.

Sent on 01/15/2019

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Thank you Marissa. Everything about your wedding was spectacular. So happy to have been part of such a beautiful event. The flowers. The venue...that dress! Best wishes to you both.
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 11/09/2018

Betsy is the best!

Betsy is not only a great vender, she is an amazing chef! My fiancé couldn’t attend the tasting with me, so I brought along my maid of honor. After our first bite of the appetizers, I knew Betsy was going to be the choice for us. You can see how proud Betsy is of her food and it makes choosing her that much easier. Also, we loved that Betsy only does one event each date; she is hands on and there to make sure the food is delivered on time on your wedding day. We selected the caprese picks for cocktail hour and smothered asiago chicken bacon alfredo, linguini with roasted garlic oil and parmesan, and Caesar salad for dinner. Our guests RAVED about the dishes (honestly, I’m getting hungry just thinking about them). Thank you, Betsy, for a wide variety of a menu selection and amazing food for the day of our wedding!!

Sent on 12/06/2018

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Alexandra, reading this was a wonderful way to end the day. Thank you for your sweet words. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Im so pleased we could add our small touch to your special day. Warm wishes to you both.

Autumn · Married on 08/08/2018

Betsy and Farmer’s Daughter was fantastic to work with. Very responsive and friendly, Betsy was great in helping us decide on our menu and made recommendations based on the venue. The meal service was perfectly timed and the food was absolutely delicious! Our favorite dish was the Tuscan cavatappi with fresh pesto, it was absolutely incredible.

Sent on 08/26/2018

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Thank you Autumn! What a wonderful review. That pasta dish is one of my favorites too. I loooove pesto! I’m thrilled you and guests enjoyed the meal so. Best wishes to you both.

Jake · Married on 05/19/2018

Betsy with The Farmer's Daughter catering was absolutely amazing. From the initial meeting at the open house, to the tasting and finally the the day of the wedding, everything was truly perfect. We had so many compliments on the food. We would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great caterer! Betsy will take good care of you!

Sent on 05/27/2018

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Thank you Jake! It's always so nice to get the groom's perspective. I'm glad we could help make your big day all that much better. Best wishes to you both.

Maureen · Married on 05/05/2018

Betsy was wonderful to work with! Everyone commented on how delicious the food was, many said it was the best they had ever had at a wedding!
    She was very responsive and patient with me (who is not a planner and can be slow to give answers) and worked with us to make the food meet our needs and provide dinner service (buffett for over 200!) as smooth and quick as possible.

I highly recommend!

Sent on 05/24/2018

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Don’t sell yourself short Maureen. No one puts together such a beak wedding for that many people without being a planner. It was gorgeous and your family and friends were having a wonderful time. So glad to be a part of it. Thank you for the thoughtful words. Best wishes to you both.

Ashley · Married on 04/28/2018

My guests have raved about the food for weeks now! Betsy from The Farmers Daughter was so incredibly sweet and professional during all of our interactions. We met her first for a tasting, and we fell in love with how important her business is to her and how she makes you feel like "its all about you".

Jesse and I especially loved the fact that she only schedules ONE event a day!! We had her full attention for our wedding, and it showed in every aspect from the cocktail hour appetizers to the delicious reception meal. Betsy served us (Bride & Groom) directly and immediately which was so sweet!!

The food we ordered for our 100 guest wedding included:
    -BBQ Meatballs = Our cocktail our app, and we heard "These are the best meatballs I've ever had" so many times.
    -Strawberry Spinach salad = Too die for!! My guests loved this and it was so fresh and vibrant it paired with the meal great!
    -Smothered Asiago Chicken Alfredo = The name alone makes my mouth water! Incredibly juicy and cheesy, huge hit!
    -Baked Mac & Cheese = I think I received a compliment from EVERY guest for the Mac & Cheese!
    -Fresh Steamed Veggies = Added another item for vegetarians! Good compliment to the food, and cooked perfect!

We are so thankful Betsy was able to be a part of our wedding celebration, she really made our guests happy and Jesse and I wouldn't have changed a thing! Planning the food was something we expected to be difficult but Betsy made the experience stress-free, her food is incredible!

Sent on 05/22/2018

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Ashley, you made me choke a bit reading this. My business, my clients, their food and experience from consultation until the last plate is cleared, is so very important to me. I’m glad that was reflected in your wedding meal. Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to share them. All my best to you both.

Rachel · Married on 04/13/2018

We are so happy with our experience with Betsy and The farmers Daughter Catering! The food was AMAZING, it makes me hungry just thinking about our wedding meal!
    We chose Betsy over many other options because we didn’t want our guests to eat a meal that they can pop into a restaurant and eat again! We were so pleased with our decision.

Sent on 05/07/2018

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Thank you Rachel. We do our best to prepare a meal worthy of such a special occasion. I’m so happy you were pleased with it. Best wishes to you both.
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/06/2018

Betsy and the staff at Farmer’s Daughter Catering were fantastic. Leading up to the wedding, Betsy was great with communication and wonderful to work it. Everything we tasted was delicious and we were so happy with our wedding day menu. She even made sure to make us a plate so we could eat ASAP! We definitely recommend her and look forward to using her again in the future for any events!

Sent on 04/26/2018

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Thank you Jessica. It was a pleasure. You and Steve were a delight to work with. You made my job easy. Best wishes to you both.
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 01/10/2018

AMAZING FOOD! Everyone loved it. She was communicative and personable. Overall we loved everything!

Sent on 02/01/2018

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Thank you Samantha. I appreciate you taking the time to fifer some feedback. It was my pleasure. Best wishes for the years to come.

Jared · Married on 01/10/2018

Betsey was amazing and a pleasure to work with. She was very flexible and we were so thankful for it. Her food is amazing.

Sent on 01/25/2018

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Thank you Jared. It was a beautiful wedding and I’m thrilled to have been part of it.

Mutlu · Married on 12/30/2017

Everything turned out better than we planned! We are so happy with the quality and dedication to our needs on our big wedding day.

Sent on 01/28/2018

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Mutlu, this was one of my favorite menus to work on and I’ll now be incorporating it into future events. Bless you both in the start of your new lives together. Thank you for the kind compliments.

Marci · Married on 12/30/2017

Working with Betsy was an absolute joy! I had a bit of a unique menu proposal and she quite literally knocked it out of the park! She is very responsive and eager to assist you on your special day in anyway possible. Her staff was on point and I had compliments all night about the freshness and flavor of my food selection and how great her staff was. I would hands down utilize Betsy for any of my catering needs again! Thank you Betsy and your staff. You are simply the best!

Sent on 02/09/2018

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Marci it was a lot of fun working with you to creat such a fun and unique wedding menu. I’m pleased that everyone enjoyed it so much. Thank you for the kind words. All my best to you both.
  • LeeAnn

LeeAnn · Married on 12/02/2017

My guests are still RAVING about the food at my 12/02/17 wedding. I had one guest tell me its the best food she's had at a wedding ever. It was delicious, the presentation was great and there wasn't any leftovers!!! Betsy made it easy and fun to plan the menu and her recommendations were spot on.

Sent on 12/08/2017

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Thank you LeeAnn for such a glowing review. It was a pleasure. I'm glad you and your guests enjoyed the food so much and happy I could help make your big day such a success. All my best to you both.

Chad · Married on 11/09/2017

I 100% recommend The Farmer's Daughter Catering (Betsy). First and foremost, her food was delicious. Not only that, it was made with real ingredients from scratch. Betsy was very accommodating for us even though we were out of town. You can tell she takes pride in what she does; she cooked the food herself and even served me and my (now) wife to start our dinner off! All our guests loved the food too. Even though we were out of town, we were able to pay everything digitally. Betsy handled all payments via email/paypal. You will not go wrong with this service!

Sent on 11/13/2017

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Thank you Chad. I made a point to say goodbye to Natalie before we left to tell her that your family and friends really know how to have fun. Everyone was having such a great time. The mariachis were a perfect touch. We were very happy to be a part of the celebration. Thank you again for your kind words and appreciation. All my best to you both.

breanna · Married on 11/05/2017

My overall experience with planning my wedding was pretty painless. One process that my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed was the catering portion. The venue we chose worked with multiple small businesses like The Farmer's Daughter. Our first initial encounter with Betsy was at the venue's open house where you met with all the vendors, talking about prices, menu and of course our favorite part: sampling the food. The Farmer's Daughter was the first vendor we sampled and our favorite. When my husband and I scheduled our tasting meeting with Betsy we were very excited needless to say. Our expectations and taste buds were blown through the roof when we got to sit down and try our then, potential wedding entree. Not only was the food delicious but the pricing was affordable. Being my spouse is a high school teacher, money was a big factor that we were looking at when speaking with food caterers. Our reception dinner was absolutely beautiful and all of our guest loved the food. If only I could hire Betsy full time to cook at my house. Thank you The Farmer's Daughter!

Sent on 11/11/2017

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Breanna thank you for the wonderful compliments! It was a pleasure. Teachers hold a special place in my heart. I wish you and your husband a lifetime of love and happiness together. Your family and friends were all so kind. It was truly a beautiful evening. Thank you again for choosing us.

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2017

I cannot speak highly enough of my experience working with Betsy. Planning and picking our menu was easy and enjoyable and our guests raved about the food. I highly recommend her and look forward to using her in the future for any other events we have. She helped make our beautiful day such a great memory. You cannot go wrong with Farmers Daughter.

Sent on 11/10/2017

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Thank you Sarah. Your wedding day was straight out of a fairy tale. It was absolutely stunning and a joy to be a part of. I do hope you'll share some of the beautiful pics with me when you get them back.

James · Married on 08/24/2017

Betsy is flexible and knows the business. She also cooks outstanding food. After we did our taste testing with her we knew she was our vendor of choice.

Betsy was able to accommodate some of the dietary restrictions in our immediate family and also helped recommend complimentary sides for our entrees.

Potatoes Au Gratin were a crowd favorite amongst not only us and our mothers but all of our guests too. During the wedding people were going up for seconds and even thirds of all of the food. Afterwards we received tons of comments and even had people asking us who our caterer was.

We're happy we went with the Farmer's Daughter and would recommend her and her staff to anyone else.

Sent on 09/19/2017

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Thank you Logan and Sierra. There was so much love and joy at your wedding. We are honored to have been a small part of it. It's thrilling to hear that everyone enjoyed the dinner so much and we appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your experience.

Justin · Married on 07/15/2017

We couldn't be happier with our choice to use The Farmer's Daughter. The whole process was very easy:

Tasting: We were able to talk on the phone about preferences to make sure that our tasting was catered specifically to our needs. This made it very easy to pick our menu after the tasting.
    Pre-Event: Betsy called us prior to the event to go over final details and confirm our menu. And that was it. No hassle, just straight forward and efficient.
    Event: The food was amazing, both in taste and presentation.

Sent on 07/18/2017

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Thank you Justin. We appreciate hearing from the grooms perspective. We strive to take some of the stress out of wedding planning to make the experience more enjoyable and to provide a meal to remember for you and your guests. We're thrilled to have been part of such a beautiful occasion.

Shirley · Married on 05/28/2017

Betsy is Great! We switched caterers less than two months before our wedding and she didn't miss a beat. She is quick to respond and always willing to provide assistance and advice. The food was exactly what we wanted and tasted so fresh. We received compliments from all of our guests and the majority were able to have second helpings. Not planning on having another wedding, but if I did I would definitely work with Betsy and Farmer's Daughter again.

Sent on 03/17/2017

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Thank you Shirley. Catering your wedding was a pleasure. Everyone was having a ball and working up their appetite. I love hungry guests! All my best to you both.

Tracy · Married on 05/19/2017

The food was amazing that Betsy did for our wedding! She even made sure that we had our bride and groom plates ready for us the second we sat down so that we could eat while the guests were just getting seated themselves. It worked out perfectly!

Sent on 05/27/2017

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Thank you Tracy. You were both such a pleasure to work with from the very beginning. It was a beautiful wedding and I'm glad you and your enjoyed the food. All my best to you both.

Sydnee · Married on 05/06/2017

Betsy was super helpful in creating a lovely menu for our wedding. She was very flexible with any and all food allergies which was extremely helpful for my family. Our food was delicious and presented beautifully. We have received numerous compliments about the food from guests.

Sent on 06/01/2017

The Farmer's Daughter Catering's reply:

Thank you for thee lovely compliments Sydnee. Your menu requests were easy to accommodate and I was happy to do it. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our services and food and I'm glad you and your guests enjoyed it so much.