The Event Connection Reviews

The Event Connection 1
The Event Connection 2
The Event Connection 3

Crystal · Married on 05/03/2008

We had the best DJ! His name is John Wells. There were tons of people on the dance floor all night long. Any time he'd notice people walking away, he'd throw another slow song on to get them back on the floor. So many people have asked me about his services. We loved John so much, he also ended up being our JP.

Sent on 06/08/2008

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2007

We first experienced The Event Connection at the brides sisters wedding. We loved our DJ and knew we wanted him as our DJ as well. We have heard nothing but great things from our guests about our DJ. He got everyone up and involved. We loved the games he played, the energy he had, and we had no problems with the planning process with our DJ.

Sent on 11/26/2007

Chrissy · Married on 09/02/2007

This company far surpassed my expectations! I cant say one bad thing about the entertainment! John was GREAT! He had our guests dancing in no time. Our video came out awesome! Well worth the money! If I could do it all over again I would not change a thing with them!

Sent on 09/30/2008

Rachel · Married on 05/05/2007

Immediately, everyone at Event Connection made me feel comfortable! I was so stressed out about the wedding, and when my (now) husband found them, we were extremely pleased. Their work spoke for itself. But even more than the product they produced was the comfort we felt in dealing w/ them. The first time I met Ritchie, it was like I had known him for years. They held true to "Show up, look good, have a ball, and we'll take care of the rest." Although Ritchie couldn't handle our wedding, he came by at the end of the night to wish us well. That kind of personal touch was more than we ever expected-but greatly appreciated. THEY ROCKED!!

Sent on 05/18/2008

Diane · Married on 11/22/2014

Ritchie,the owner of event connections, is outstanding at what he does. The services he provided were:photography,videography,DJ and photo booth. The majority of guests at my mom's 80th birthday party were astounded at how wonderful the event connection was. They felt like they were at a wedding,not a birthday party. He made my mom,s party !!! The pictures and video are memories my mom,family and mom,s friends will have for a lifetime.

Sent on 11/28/2014

chrissy · Married on 07/18/2014

We had an incredible experience working with the event connection. We had a package for photo booth, videography, DJ, and photography and they really worked with our budget to make everything we wanted possible. Richie is an incredible photographer who went above and beyond for us and did way more than he needed to in order to help make our day special. We felt like we have known him forever he is extremely professional, creative, and fun. Felt like we had another family member at the wedding. The DJ John Wells was absolutely incredible! We have gotten so many compliments on the DJ for playing great music, getting everyone involved, and just knowing how to work the mic. Our biggest concern was making sure that everyone was involved no matter what the age and John did just that. We saw people on the dance floor that we would NEVER EVER expect to see, but they were out there having a blast. Videographer Lori was amazing and also felt like we had known her forever. She is so sweet and caring and constantly helping to make sure my veil and dress were perfect for the pictures and video. Anytime we saw a fun moment at the wedding, I would think aw I wish this was being recorded and then I turn around and Lori was already standing there recording it all. Photo booth: We loved the photo booth! It was not your typical photo booth, instead it was a back drop that could fit as many people as you want and you could see everyone’s full body instead of just faces that you would normally see in the strips. There were plenty of props to go around and everyone received a 4x6 copy and frame to take home. We loved the idea of the backdrop because it got so many more people involved like aunts and uncles that may not have tried if it was a booth.
    A lot of decisions go into planning a wedding, this was by far the best decision we made by choosing the event connection. They made the wedding more memorable than we could have ever imagined and we can’t thank them enough.

Sent on 07/31/2014

JP · Married on 07/18/2014

Sent on 07/31/2014

Melinda · Married on 10/13/2012

Richie and Lori did our Photo and Video and they were great we got so many shots and hours of videos!

Stan was our DJ and he kept the music pumping and the music was great!

the whole team made our wedding great and what we expected everyone danced and had a great time

Thanks guys you guys are awesome!!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Heather · Married on 07/16/2011

We saw John, the DJ, at a friend's wedding and immediately wanted to use his services for our own wedding. He really knows how to get a party started! He did the music for our ceremony as well as for the reception, and everything was perfect. We would recommend John to anyone looking for a DJ for any event!

Sent on 07/29/2011

Leah · Married on 06/26/2015

2.0

An Edit to my original Review....Still happy, but just a few things to add. Lots of our friends have gotten married after us and were able to post links/photos to social media which we were not able to do with the EC We can send people to a link but then they need a password and the photos have watermarks on them. Id love if they updated how they distribute their work so people can share more easily! Also, its very difficult to get a hold of anyone. Always call their cell!

We used The Event Connection for multiple services, photographer, videographer, DJ, JP and Lighting.

John Wells was our JP and DJ! This man can do it all and he will not disappoint. He helped us create a beautiful yet simple and short ceremony. Our guests really liked the way he spoke and delivered the ceremony. He was very caring and attentive.

Then, it was time to party and little did our guests know that our JP was a going to get behind the DJ booth and turn into the Rockin Rev! They were floored! John was amazing!! He stuck to our play list and shaped our reception perfectly. He pronounced every name correctly during introductions (Iv'e been at weddings where the DJ doesnt and its embarrassing!) and he kept the dance floor packed all night. Weeks later, people are STILL talking about the Rockin' Rev!!! He also helped with our uplighting and made sure that it was in-sync with the music and it was perfect!!

We also used Event Connection for Photography and Videography and I cant wait to get the pictures and video back. We've seen their work before and loved it and I cant wait to see how our day was captured! Richie, the photographer, came up with fun and creative photo shots including an awesome video of the groom and groomsmen going crazy over the grooms wedding ring! It was really cute and funny and a huge hit from those who have seen it.

I highly recommend the Event Connection and cant wait to see our pics and video!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Jay · Married on 07/23/2011

We chose a package deal (photo-video-DJ). To start the office staff and Richie were wonderful; videographer was everywhere filming and just seemed to blend into the background. The photographer was very flexible allowing family and friends to snap a few photos before composing his shots of the bridal party. The DJ is where I have some concerns the music while what we requested was a tad bit to loud during the dinner making conversations with guest difficult at times. Additionally, after going over the selections for the ceremony & reception music, and pronunciations of various bridal party names two days prior our DJ still managed to get it wrong. We didn't even have anyone in the party named Marvin! All in alll ieveryone had a great time. I would suggest that when using the DJ prior to the start of the ceremony or reception you meet and actually review everything.

Sent on 08/11/2011
  • I

christine · Married on 05/27/2005

3.6
      3.0

overall the service as far as the wedding day was concerned fantastic!! dj was phenomenal! would hire him again! however the photography was average, and it took over two years for them to get our wedding photos to us and a year for our video..they are very slow at returning there work, and do not return phone calls when we kept calling. again dj was fantastic however the photography and videography was very very slow...great work in the end! do not hire them for video and photography!

Sent on 09/09/2008
  • Stacy

Stacy · Married on 06/23/2007

3.0

We had DJ Big Daddy as our DJ. He is very full of energy and like to have fun, which we were excited about when we met him. Leading up to the wedding, he was very helpful and reassured me that everything would be perfect. We gave him quite an extensive list of the songs we wanted to hear, and he let me know ahead of time that he'd get to maybe 1/3 of them. We ended up hearing probably less than that. He did keep everyone on the dance floor, but we would have liked it if he maybe would have done less talking - on our wedding video we weren't even able to hear the song we cut the cake to because of his narrating. It was a fun time, but we just wish there was less talking involved on the DJ's part. We also did not want to do any silly antics to give away the centerpieces, but we were convinced at our last meeting that they had a fun way to do it and agreed. Big mistake - it took much longer than we thought it would, and our guests were not into it at all - they are stil mentioning it to us ....

Sent on 01/26/2008

C. · Married on 06/21/2003

2.6
      3.0

Have to say I was not very happy with the Event Connection for two main reasons -
    1. My photos didnt turn out what I thought they would be - They were not as creative or 'candid' photos as I first saw them and their work while seeking for a photographer.
    2. I was told to have this photographer who we met and told all details what we wanted, but then, we ended up having a different photographer on our wedding day! Of course I couldn't speak up because I was overwhelming with million of things on my mind. (They said they had to switch to different photographer because "something came up at last minute").

I would not 'highly' recommend you to use their photography service. I also used their videography service, it was not one of top video I have ever seen, but its not bad.

Sent on 02/03/2008

Liz · Married on 10/22/2011

2.2
      2.5
      2.0

Working with them up until the day of the wedding was great. DJ Stan was awesome!!! However my ENTIRE experience post wedding has been a DISASTER for trying to get the memories of my wedding thru photos and video!!! It took 6 months to receive my video when I was told 6-8 weeks after the wedding. It has been a year and I still do not have a wedding album design! I sent over my favorite photos for them to design my album in early April expecting an album by July. With constant emails and phone calls no one responded for the entire month of August. Now I began to panic ... Finally in September I get a hold of the front office. (Mind you the only reason I did not drive to their office because it is an hour and 15 minutes away.) The office staff has no information on my album. No record of my email of favorite photos. I speak with the whole staff with a run around of "Personal things have come up during the month of april and we have been behind ever since." B*llsh*t! On your website are multiple other weddings and album being posted daily and weekly since my wedding. Come to find out, they lost the email records of my album design. So they half ass went through my negatives to put together "their own version" of an album for me thinking I wouldn't figure it out! Stupid on their part, they put nothing of my ceremony and our 1st dance in the album! Pretty obvious for me to figure out... don't you think?!?! I am still waiting for them to figure out on how to design an album. I paid good money for photography and with this expiernce I deserve a refund. So if you still do want to use this company .... DO NOT HIRE THE PHOTOGRAPHY/VIDEOGRAPHY STAFF!!!!!! ONLY US THE DJ SERVICE!!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Lauren · Married on 08/07/2005

2.0

The work that they did AT the wedding was FANTASTIC... But everything after the fact was a total NIGHTMARE! Took a year and a half JUST to get my album done and they dropped the ball twice on getting my video done... I WOULD NEVER RECCOMEND THIS COMPANY FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN A DJ!!!!

Sent on 05/01/2008

1.8
      1.0

This is an UPDATE to my previously posted review...

Working with The Event Connection was great. Until it came time to get our wedding album and video made.

First of all, the video took 6 months to be made. We were told to expect it to be in 4 months, so I was little annoyed at how long it took. But it was worth the wait.

Now, onto my real problems. We are less than 2 months away from our one-year anniversary and still have no wedding album. After we submitted our photos for the album design process, it took 9 weeks (3 weeks longer than we were told it would take) to have our album designed. We were then told the album would be ready in about 6 weeks. It has been 13 weeks since we approved our album design and we haven't received anything yet! I have sent them email after email asking why it's taking so long and not a single one has been acknowledged or responded to. I'm not going to stop hounding them until I get my album, but I will be filing a complaint with the department of consumer protection soon.

BOTTOM LINE: PAY THE MONEY TO BUY THE RIGHTS TO THE NEGATIVES AND MAKE YOUR OWN WEDDING ALBUM. DON'T PAY THE MONEY TO HAVE THEM MAKE ONE FOR YOU UNLESS YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THIS BS.

Sent on 08/29/2012

1.0

Awful experience, only thing that was good was the DJ, everything else wasn't worth my time! Never met the videographer/photographer, cancelled on me a few days before the wedding, so we had two replacements, one was completely rude and the other was sweating through his clothes.

Was told I would receive a free 11 X 14, 3 years later no photo! Also was told we could pick our own song for the video, and they didn't ask us and did their own song, was told after that it wasn't part of the agreement.

We had to give a down payment up front, and the next payment I was to meet with the owner but had another appointment already scehduled, I received a phone call stating that if I could stop by and drop off the check it would be helpful as he needed to pay his employees and needed that money, seriously!!

Sent on 08/06/2013

0.8
      1.5
      1.5
      0.0
      0.0

I would not use this company. The photographer they gave us was extremely rude, he showed up an hour late, then ruined other peoples pictures by flashing the flash in their faces as someone was taking the picture. We had sat down and gone in detail how everything was supposed to go and nothing went the way we talked about. The dj played the wrong music during the "big" moments even though I gave him a cd of what music was supposed to be played. We wrote down what pictures we wanted with my family and didn't get any of them. I only wanted a few pictures at the church and most at the reception, but they wouldn't stop taking pictures at the church until I got really mad. The dj continued to mispronounce my name even though multiple people corrected him. It took about 6 months for us to get our pictures and video and even after hounding them they still haven't given us everything we paid for. We eventually just gave up. The pictures weren't professional looking at all. Anyone could've taken these pictures. Please do not use this vendor if you want a great wedding.

Sent on 03/12/2013