The Erickson Alumni Center Reviews

9 | Morgantown, WV

9 Reviews for The Erickson Alumni Center

Allison · Married on 04/25/2015

We had a wonderful experience working with May Kinsley at the Alumni center! She was very helpful, and made sure or whole day ran smoothly. It rained on our wedding day, and we had to have the ceremony inside, but the transition from ceremony to reception was flawless. We received many compliments on the food, and how beautiful the venue was set up. It was a wonderful experience.

Sent on 04/27/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/11/2010

The WVU Alumni Center was a perfect place for any Mountaineer wedding!! The staff was amazing and the food was awesome!! We had our ceremony out by the fireplace and it was simple beautiful!! The guests loved the cocktail hour upstairs on the terrace and in the club room. The ballroom was perfect for our reception and dancing. All my guests LOVED the food and the scenery!! We had tons of place for the coolest photo ops!!! It was very close to the football staduim for awesome pics. My favorite thing about the venuewas the bells playing before the ceremony. They were so amazing and gave you chills just listening to them! My guests thought it was the coolest place to have a wedding with all the different parts of the building you can explore! They definantly weren't bored having to stay in just one room!! We also had our rehearsal dinner there which was cool because it was the night of a away football game so we had a tailgating style dinner and got to watch the game afterwards in the club room. I dont have one complaint! It was the best day of my life and the perfect place for a wedding!! And Mary was so wonderful to work with. She helped us with every step of the way!! Please feel free to contact me for any questions about the alumni center or vendors I used!! Go Mountaineers!

Sent on 05/05/2011

Jane · Married on 11/16/2009

This place was gorgeous and the people were very accomodating

Sent on 11/17/2009
  • Shannan

Shannan · Getting married on 12/27/2019

3.5

They made the wedding of my dreams

Sent on 05/25/2014

Ashley · Married on 02/19/2011

Great place to have a reception. The venue was perfect, the food was good, and all decorations were set out as requested. Mary and Tammy were very flexible and easy to work with!

Sent on 08/09/2011

Ashley · Married on 11/20/2004

This is the place I had my heart set on for our reception and it worked out! The contacts and staff were really great and did a great job with the reception. It was a little hard fitting a little over 200 people in the hall, but it worked out. It was very open and they decorated exactly how I asked. I was very pleased with this venue.

Sent on 05/08/2008

Kim · Married on 10/17/2014

2.0

This venue is so beautiful all in its own, that I had to bring very few decorations. Any that I did bring we're set up by the venue at no charge.

The food was absolutely amazing, and the waitstaff was professional and friendly.

The manager of the alumni center can be hard to get a hold of.

Overall it is a beautiful venue, and a great place to have a wedding.

Sent on 10/20/2014

3.4
      3.0
      3.0
      3.5

Overall our wedding experience was great because it was more about us more than anything else. They set up the venue very well and we had no major issues until it came to the reception. For the reception we asked that there be a very sufficient amount of a certain alcoholic beverage on tap (open bar) that everyone there preferred and we told them this more than enough times. Money was of no issue this is why we chose the open bar. But within an hour of the reception they were out and they only option they gave us was to pay cash for additional bottled drinks and because we like to have a good time this did not please us at all, but the Alumni Center is a beautiful place and you can make a good time of it just dont plan on having enough drinks to last all night ;)

Sent on 12/16/2013

molly · Married on 08/05/2011

0.8
      2.0
      0.5

So, I had heard many great things about the erickson alumni center, prior to my wedding and thought that it would be a great place to hold my wedding since we are both WVU alum. Little did I know what a disaster my wedding would have been. Mary Kinsley is by far the most disorganized and hardest person to get ahold of. I called relentlessly and never had my phone calls returned and would only occassionally get my e-mails replied to. One week prior to my wedding I was having to place orders for all of my linens and chairs needed for my wedding because she had forgotten to prior before leaving for vacations. One day my fiance stopped by and asked her to call our family about the chairs that we needed and she said that she would and never did and then went on vacations. The bar that we had requested to be inside the facility had somehow ended up out in the hallway. The ceremony itself went really well, but the reception was a completely different story. It was an evening wedding with lots of candles and although I had requested for the lights to be dimmed when I walked in all of the lights were on full. Also the lights continued to turn on and then off throughout the reception many times. I finally (the bride) had to walk into the back and tell the workers that the turning on and off of the lights had to stop and no one would take responsibility for who was doing this. Sad that such a great facility is run like this as it gives the university such a bad name.

Sent on 08/23/2011