The English Manor Reviews

251 | Asbury Park, NJ

251 Reviews for The English Manor

Lauren · Married on 09/05/2014

If you are looking for a gorgeous and stunning reception site, delicious food, and an incredible staff to work with to make your wedding a dream come true, don't look any further than the English Manor! Our wedding on September 5th was the most amazing day of our lives! Even though our wedding was a few months ago our friends and family continue to rave about the cocktail hour food and dinner, especially the fact that the waiters came around with seconds. From the start Kristi answered countless calls and emails with questions about the menu, cake, and decor so i visualize the venue and make the ideas i found on pinterest come to life. Lisa was our wedding coordinator and worked with us to ensure our large party would be comfortable and well feed. It rained about an hour before our reception started but Lisa and the staff rushed around and cleaned up the yard so we could have an outdoor cocktail hour. She also worked with us to design a cupcake tower which all of our guests loved! Lastly, when we forgot a few things at the end of the night, the staff boxed everything up and had it waiting for us to pick up.

I absolutely love the English Manor, thank you for making our wedding day a dream come true!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Marissa · Married on 08/31/2014

The only word I can think of to describe my experience with The English Manor is perfect. From the staff to the food to the look of the venue, my wedding was more beautiful than I had imagined it. Even though the threat of rain caused us to move the cocktail hour inside, I have zero complaints! People have called us to tell us how beautiful the wedding was, and how impressed they were by the English Manor. This was the perfect venue for us, and we have no regrets about holding our wedding there. You would be crazy to have your wedding anywhere else!!!!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Nicole · Married on 08/15/2014

We had our wedding at the English Manor on Aug 15, 2014. Our ceremony and cocktail hour were outside, reception with buffet were inside. From the start, Lisa and her staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful. They seem to truly enjoy their work, which made planning much easier and our wedding day even more fun! The grounds, the manor, the details, everything was absolutely stunning. Half of our guests were vegetarian, half committed carnivores, and some just plain picky. The food was amazing, the variety was unbelievable, and Lisa went to great lengths to add special touches, including non-alcoholic champagne for some and a special bottle of scotch for my father. There is not a single thing that either of us would change about that day and Lisa and her staff are a huge part of it. They don't make you feel like clients, they make you feel like family.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Laura · Married on 07/27/2014

My husband and I visited many venues prior to choosing The English Manor for our Wedding. From the very first moment we entered the building we knew we were in the right place! The grounds are just beautiful! We were married this past summer and the flowers were all in bloom, our wedding photos are vibrant and full of lovely summer colors! The staff was courteous and helpful at all times...no matter how many times I called or stopped in to try out different designs on their outdoor gazebo! The food was amazing from start to finish, everyone of my guests raved about the menu! We could not have picked a more perfect place to begin our new life together!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Lisa · Married on 07/04/2014

I can't say enough good things about our wedding at the English Manor on 7/4/14. Our Maitre D' Denise was amazing and made everything so easy for us! The drop off the night before was so easy, I really didn't tell them what to do with our stuff and they made everything look beautiful! Unfortunately, it rained all day, but it was a late ceremony and the rain stopped shortly before the ceremony, the sun came out and it was gorgeous outside. About 10/15 minutes before the ceremony Denise came to me and said if you want it to be outside we will set everything up outside and make it happen. I opted to keep it inside because I had already accepted it, but I couldn't believe they were willing to set it up so last minute! She had even gone out of her way to figure out a way to use the aisle decorations I made that were made specifically to hang on the outdoor chairs. She made everything go so smoothly, even after almost getting knocked out by a flying cork from a bottle of champagne that popped by itself (sorry Denise!!) she didn't miss a beat. Lisa was also amazing, she went out of her way to come and see me and add special unexpected touches to our wedding, and she even got special beer for a special family member to enjoy! Even though the ceremony was outside, our guests were able to enjoy the beautiful grounds during cocktail hour and we were able to get some beautiful bridal party pictures outside. The food was great - a couple months later we still have people commenting on how delicious the food was. I have been told by several people that it was the best wedding that they have been to and I 100% agree, thank you so much for making our wedding everything we hoped for and more!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Jenna · Married on 05/31/2014

I fell in love with The English Manor as soon as I walked in the door. I loved the idea of one wedding at a time, and the Manor is such a warm, intimate setting that was very appealing to me. It was also important that in case of rain I had a Plan B that I was happy with, which I found at the Manor. Luckily we had great weather for our wedding day. The amount and quality of the food was outstanding, the grounds are gorgeous, and everything ran smoothly. There was one server in particular (Jill) who was always coming to see if we needed anything - she was fantastic and made me feel very special. I couldn't have wished for a better venue.

Sent on 06/05/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/30/2014

I just got married at the English Manor and it couldn't have been more perfect. Their packages are extremely affordable and the venue is beautiful. Our maitre'd, Joann, worked very closely with us to streamline the day and make it carefree. Once I dropped off my favors, cake topper, etc the day before, I never had to worry about anything. We lucked out with a sunny day and all our guests raved about the cocktail hour on the deck. I was a little worried about there being enough space for a larger wedding, but there wasn't any problem. The food, drinks, and service were excellent. We even had our own server to fetch drinks and food. I really hope one of my husband's cousins decides to get married at The English Manor so I can experience it someday as a guest.

Sent on 06/05/2014

Victoria · Married on 05/03/2014

I could go on for hours how amazing the venue truly was. Everything was prefect - from the setting outside in the garden for the wedding, to the amazing food and impeccable service. They made my wedding day spectacular!!

Sent on 05/06/2014

Julie · Married on 04/25/2014

If I could rate the English Manor 100 stars instead of just 5 I absolutely would. It was the first & only venue I looked at for my wedding reception because from the moment I stepped foot onto the perfectly manicured grounds & was given a tour I knew there was no place else that could compare to the English Manor. The whole venue is like something out of a fairy tale & the amazing service provided by those who work there truly made me feel like a princess on my special day.

JoAnn, our Maitre'D & Lisa, the owner, made the entire planning process enjoyable & stress free. Every time we went there for a meeting both women treated my parents, my husband & I like family. Lisa went above & beyond to accommodate my tricky dietary restrictions (vegan/gluten free). She provided me, as well as my vegetarian guests, some of the best food I have ever had in my entire life. As a special treat, she even had a gluten free/vegan pizza from my favorite restaurant, Earth pizza, waiting in the bridal suite for me during cocktail hour. JoAnn made sure everything ran smoothly & perfectly. Even though there was a million things going on that day she remained organized & calm. I knew my wedding was in good hands with her & it was because of her that I was able to fully enjoy everything happening & not have to worry about a single thing.

Guests are still in awe from the food! I cannot even begin to say how many people raved about the delicious selections during cocktail hour or the PERFECTLY cooked meals from the sit down dinner. The servers & bar tenders were also outstanding & our guests were so pleased with the wonderful & friendly service they provided.

I have been told over & over by friends & family that my wedding was "The Best" wedding they have ever gone to & I am so thankful for Lisa, JoAnn & everyone at the English Manor for helping me earn that title.

Sent on 05/10/2014

Sharon · Married on 04/04/2014

We had our reception at The English Manor on April 4th. From the beginning Lisa and JoAnn were wonderful! We were going outside the box with some of our ideas and they worked with us the entire way to make our dream wedding come true! Our goal was fun and that was what we got...they even made our idea of fun food come together on our special day! I even had one of my good friends say if I had come here for a wedding before I had mine, I would have had it here! From the cleanliness and elegance of the venue to the wonderful personalities of the staff and excellent food we are so happy we choose The English Manor...I want to do it all over again. I'd like to think we even made some friends along the way!

Sent on 05/08/2014

Lisa · Married on 03/22/2014

I just had my wedding on March 22, 2014

As the bride I loved the classic antique feel of the venue and the grounds are beautiful to get photographs on the wedding day.
    We got lucky with a beautiful day and got some great shots out in their two garden areas and out front near the barn like houses that they have.

My husband and I opted to do an inside wedding versus the outside option that they have available in the gazebo. (which is beautiful)
    We were afraid the weather might not be warm enough for people to be outside for the duration of the ceremony.
    Though we were not disappointed doing inside because the big windows let in so much natural light.

They did a great job setting up for the ceremony and taking down for the reception quickly.
    During this time our guest got to enjoy the cocktail hour in which there is so much good food! (I had so many people rave about all of the food and how good it was!)
    My wedding party and I stayed up in the bridal suite and they provided us with some appetizers and brought up anything we asked for that was downstairs in the cocktail hour.

The reception had great food as well that the guest raved about.
    My husband got to have a meal separate from what we picked for our guest and they were willing to cater to the bride and grooms separate wants.
    We did a chicken, beef and vegetarian option which they took seconds around for all of the guest.

Desert was great!
    We had the delicious cake that the venue provided as part of the package that we got.
    But that is not all…. The guest also got with the cake a cannoli and a chocolate covered strawberry!
    Hold on that is not it…. They serve the most delicious mini ice-cream cones around to everyone towards the end of the night.
    (I had a couple people after the wedding state that every venue should do this)

Special thank you to Lisa!

Sent on 04/04/2014

Jhanny · Married on 03/01/2014

This place is just beautiful. I loved it. The only issue I had was that my guest list was a little too long for this place; yet, they were still able to make it work for me. I loved that they do one wedding at a time. I was assigned a maitre'd and she made sure everything went exactly how I wanted. The cake came from them and it was beautiful and good. The food was great, there was so much to choose from.

Sent on 06/09/2014

Jessica · Married on 12/14/2013

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at the English Manor on December 14, 2013. From beginning to end, I could not have asked for better service. Throughout the 7 month planning period, Kristi, Nancy, Joanne & staff were always responsive and helpful. All of my questions were promptly answered. Our face to face finalization meeting a few weeks before the wedding was stress free and fun. And most importantly, my wedding day went off without a hitch. I'd like to first mention how beautifully the English Manor was decorated for the holidays. Classic white lights were hung around the outside of the venue. Christmas trees, lights, ornaments, garland, bows, and wreaths filled the inside. Absolutely breathtaking! I was so excited for my guests to arrive and see the beauty. My ceremony didn't start until 5:30 so I decided to get to the Manor early and get ready in the bridal suite with my bridal party and Mom. If you have a smaller bridal party, I would suggest taking advantage of this amenity. It was so much fun spending the day there getting all dolled up. Kristi even brought us a lovely tray of fruits, cheeses and crackers to munch on. Our indoor ceremony was perfect. The room looked gorgeous. The windows were decorated with large wreaths and the snow could be seen falling out back. Joanne, our Maitre'd, ensured everything was organized and went as planned. The cocktail hour and reception were a blast! The food was plentiful and delicious and the drinks were flowing. Joanne, Sylvania and staff ensured the night was perfect. My guests raved about how much fun they had, how delicious the food tasted and how beautiful my wedding was. I couldn't be happier! If you are getting married in NJ, you have to go see the English Manor. The wedding packages are impressive. You get a lot of great choices and the prices are very affordable in my opinion. They even offer special winter packages if you are thinking of having a winter wedding. Thank you EM!!!

Sent on 01/12/2014

Stephanie · Married on 11/23/2013

The English Manor is amazing!!!! They were so flexible and did everything they could to make sure our night went smooth and perfect! Our guests arrived earlier than expected and JoAnn opened cocktail hour earlier than expected without missing a beat, they made it all happen! The food was outstanding!!!! The service was above and beyond the best! I cannot say enough great things about the entire team at English Manor. From the day we stepped foot in this place, we knew this was the perfect venue without going anywhere else and it definitely was everything we dreamed of and more!! Everyone is still raving about the amount of food, quality of food and how awesome everything was!!!! The English Manor team is over the top!!!! Thank you guys for the best night ever!!!

Sent on 12/03/2013

Stephanie · Married on 11/15/2013

The English Manor was a lovely place to hold our reception - especially for the price! We were very satisfied with every aspect of our wedding and were very relieved that we didn't have to worry about anything once we arrived. The set up was beautiful, the staff was attentive and accomodating, and our guests had a wonderful time. Thank you!

Sent on 01/15/2014
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 11/10/2013

Thank you so Much English Manor staff! From our first meeting with Lisa, we knew this was the place we wanted to be married. We had our wedding at The English Manor on November 10, 2013. Not only did they help us have the wedding of our dreams, they met every request we had! Joanne worked with us throughout the day to make everything seemless and stress free. The facility was gorgeous, the food fabulous and the staff were always available. People told us our wedding was like a movie set and they couldn't get over how beautiful it was! Thank you for making our day so personal and special!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Janine · Married on 11/01/2013

From the moment I saw The English Manor online before we were even engaged I knew this was where I wanted to get married. It was the first venue we looked at and no other venue came close! The grounds are BEAUTIFUL! As well as the rest of the manor! The food was also amazing! I could not believe how much there was. Guests were also shocked at the fact that they were offered seconds! Everyone had a great time and we couldn't have asked for a better staff. JoAnn was great and made sure everything was taken care of. She was there to answer all of our questions and helped ease concerns of the pending storm that was due to come that day. I could not have asked for a better venue at a better price! I some how feel like we dooped them into paying so little for so much! I just want to thank everyone at The English Manor for such a great experience through the planning process and making it so stress free! The English Manor will hold a special place in our hearts and I will definitely recommend you to all our engaged friends! Thank you again'

Sent on 12/04/2013

Samantha · Married on 10/25/2013

The moment I stepped into the English Manor, I knew it was the the perfect place for me. I was barely even inside the doors, before saying "where do I sign", and thats simply because of the beautiful grounds and charming, homey feeling you get when you walk inside. Right away, my now husband and I felt at ease, and very comfortable at the English Manor and with the staff members there. We originally met with a woman who no longer works there but she was wonderful. For most of the planning and journey of our wedding, we spoke with Lisa, the owner of the English Manor. She was ready and willing to work with every single idea and thought that came out of my head, my husbands or my moms! She ran with the idea of having cupcakes instead of a wedding cake, and would highlight pages in magazines of cupcake towers she had seen and thought I would like. The individualized attention you receive at the English Manor is extraordinary!! The vision I had for our wedding day truly came to life because of Lisa and because of Denise, who was our Maitre D on our wedding day. Denise was wonderful! She worked tirelessly to make sure our reception would be the elegant and amazing affair I dreamed and hoped for!! The staff and everyone at the English Manor are hands down amazing! I recommend them completely!

Now onto the FOOD!! Our guests are still raving about the food, a month later! Yes the beautiful grounds and homey feeling took my breath away but the food definitely left a lasting impression from day one of going to the English Manor! Besides being delicious, the English Manor is ready to work with ideas you have about your cocktail hour and different types of food you would want. I can not say enough about the food, and neither can my husband, who enjoyed his dinner which he specifically requested to have both meats on his plate when he sat down, and of course they granted him his wish. In addition, I know a lot of our guests enjoyed their fair share of seconds as well!

Sent on 11/23/2013

If I could I'd rate them 6 out of 5, they were absolutely wonderful. I always felt like a friend and Denise did an amazing job making sure our special day was above and beyond what we could imagine. All our guests still can't believe how beautiful the place was and how caring the staff was. I would absolutely recommend The English Manor to everybody.

Sent on 11/03/2013
  • Kristy

Kristy · Married on 10/05/2013

I can't say how much we adored the English Manor! Lisa (owner) and Denise (maitre d) were so responsive and available. They both gave me their cell phone numbers and I would always hear back from them within a few minutes. Even when I just intended to call about a simple thing and ended up venting about something else, they were so supportive and helped me remember to keep things in perspective and stay calm/happy. They were great about special requests (such as my groom wanting a cheeseburger for dinner!) The day of, I was so worried about someone else setting up all our decorations as I had a very specific vision. Denise saw how frantically I was running around and encouraged me to relax and let me do her thing. She blew my vision out of the water and arranged everything more beautifully than I could have imagined! At the site we used the bridal suite (which had tons of space), iron gazebo ceremony space, outdoor cocktail hour, and ballroom. Additionally, they are very accommodating to guests in need of wheelchair accessibility. Our guests can not stop talking about how beautiful the building/ grounds are and how much they enjoyed the food, especially the offering of seconds! A truly magical place to get married!!!

Sent on 10/19/2013

Christopher and Ashley · Married on 09/28/2013

Great service, amazing food, Awesome time. Helped us from start to finish. Everyone who attended could not stop telling us what a great time they had. The English Manor looked fantastic inside and out. Would recommend this venue to anyone

Sent on 10/01/2013

Vicki · Married on 09/22/2013

My daughters wedding was yesterday ,my phone is non stop with the compliments of her wedding . Most importantly, My daughter I were extremely Happy
    The food and the service were that of 5 star restaurant
    with the price of much less
    Everything was perfect, Laura , was so accommodating it was like her daughter was getting married. She treated us like family as was all the staff .
    Besides that the place is just gorgeous . We looked at a dozen places before we found the Manor it was worth the search Perfect!!!!!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Kari · Married on 09/20/2013

English Manor was the perfect choice for our ceremony and reception. The staff is so friendly and accommodating. The food...wow! So good. The cocktail hour was amazing...the guests thought it was the actual dinner! Our guests were so impressed that seconds are offered during dinner. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. Everything was just perfect. Thank you to the lovely staff for making our special day seamless! We are still receiving compliments on how impressed everyone was with everything. My husband and I couldn't have been more happy with our decision to choose English Manor.

Sent on 09/30/2013

John & Sue · Married on 09/14/2013

We could not imagine having our wedding at any other venue, everything was picture perfect and our guests were impressed with everything! If we had it to do all over again this is exactly where we would so it!

thank you Denise and Silvana for making our day one we will never forget!!!

Sent on 09/18/2013
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 09/13/2013

The English Manor went above and beyond to make our day perfect! If you want a perfect stress free day, this is your venue! The food,atmosphere and staff were amazing! All my questions via entail were responded to quickly! Our maître d Joanne was amazing!!!! Slavana ( spelling on name) , my personal waitress was the sweetest ever! Can't thank you all enough!!

Sent on 11/07/2013