The English Manor Reviews

251 | Asbury Park, NJ

251 Reviews for The English Manor

Angelo & Erica · Married on 07/18/2015

The English Manor was the perfect place for our wedding reception. The people were so nice, pleasant, and friendly to work with. They were genuinely excited for us and interested in the little details of our wedding. They were even willing to think outside the box and personalize our dessert by setting up a frozen yogurt bar in place of cake (our first date was at a frozen yogurt shop, so that made it special). From Lisa to Nancy (our maitre d'), the people there were very easy to work with, flexible, and on top of things. Our guests raved about the venue, and especially loved how the waiters came around with seconds during dinner. We had an incredible reception and look back on it with the greatest of memories, just as we wanted our wedding day to have.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Alicia · Married on 07/03/2015

My wedding at the English Manor was on July 3, 2015. Marlyn, the maitre d on Friday evenings, was wonderful before, during, and after the event. The owner Lisa was also very accommodating and worked to make the event perfect. Many of my guests called the next day and the following week to state that the wedding was the best they had ever been to. The cocktail hour was delicious and plentiful, and the waiters even came around for French seconds during the reception. My favorite part of the venue is that there is only one wedding at a time so that you have the entire grounds to yourself. I recommend this venue without reservation.

Sent on 07/11/2015

James · Married on 06/28/2015

My wife and I had our highest expectations EXCEEDED by Maitre D, Denise and the entire team including Nancy and Kristi. My wife and I looked at 4 other venues before visiting The English Manor... I guess we unknowingly saved the best for last! It was the beginning of January, cold, raining, no flowers in sight, but the overall feel of the venue was just so right, the ballroom, cocktail hour area, outdoor deck, and the gardens separated by a beautiful wooden bridge and a quaint steam. Whether we has an outdoor garden ceremony or a rained out indoor ceremony, we knew we would be so happy and right there, we knew that this was our venue! Pricing was very reasonable considering how much was provided. They offer a generous payment schedule and make first class accommodations for people with disabilities, dietary restrictions, or any other special needs. The tasting and ceremony finalization with Denise really put my stressed out wife at ease. Denise's professionalism and confidence is very inspiring and reassuring. We got the truest sense that the day would be perfect. We arrived the day of the ceremony, enjoyed lovely cheese, cracker, and fruit selections in our respective bride and groom suite, took in the sheer beauty of the gardens on a sunny, albeit hot, day during our first look, used the grounds for amazing photos, and had an amazing ceremony. From what we heard from our guests, the cocktail hour food was exceptional and the reception dinner was amazing (prime rib was divine). The entire staff treated us like gold from the minute we previewed the venue through the time we were saying our goodbyes.

Overall, a beautiful venue, excellent accommodations, and a staff that truly feels like family make The English Manor a place that I will always hold in the highest regard as they provided everything my wife and I needed and more for a day we will never forget.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Robyn · Married on 05/29/2015

We just got married on Friday 5/29/15. The English Manor went above and beyond my expectations! My vision came together with all my vendors, but The English Manor made it happen for us. All the staff was overly generous, especially our Maitre D, Denise! She was amazing, got us everything we needed. She was there through every text/call up until the day of!! We also dealt with Lisa, Nancy and Kristi, who were also fabulous! From the time we booked them, until now, we couldn't have picked a better venue. We had a perfect day, from the weather to our fabulous pictures. The grounds are beautiful. I can't say it enough but this was such a fantastic day and without these staff members, it would not have happened. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We truly wouldn't changed this for the world. The food was excellent, from the cocktail hour to the actual dinner. The drinks were flowing and everyone said what a great time they had. We loved every second of this day. One word to describe this day was magical. Highly recommend The English Manor!! <3

Sent on 05/31/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/17/2015

We were married at the English Manor on May 17, 2015 and I still can't believe what an amazing job they did. From the tour of the venue to the end of the night, everything was perfect. What I loved most about the English manor was the grounds, it is so beautiful with the deck and how well they take care of the grounds. Ceremony location here is gorgeous, loved the walk over the bridge with my dad to the stone path to marry at the gazebo. The service is exceptional! Denise was our maître d and I don't even know where to begin to tell you how wonderful she is. I would text/call and she would answer me back within seconds. The set up for our wedding was beautiful. She brought my vision to life and then some.Lisa, the owner was so helpful too. She guided me with decor options as well as hosted an awesome food tasting!The bridal room is beautiful with a huge mirror and windows so we could watch the guests arrive. The staff here makes this venue so special too. They were so kind to me and all of our guests, they made me feel like family. The bartenders kept the drinks flowing and engaged with the party. Our guests loved them! Our head waitress was so sweet! I'm sad I don't remember her name because she was so attentive and made sure my husband and I had everything we needed. I honestly can't believe the service here. Amazing! Our family was raving about the food too (the filet mignon is so delicious as well as the sushi) there wasn't anything you could have wanted during cocktail hour, it was all there! What's really special here is you feel like it is your home, 1 wedding at a time, with the option to walk around outside, sit on the deck, or dance in the ballroom.The english manor is a hidden gem, beautiful grounds, great food, and the best service I have ever received! You will have nothing to worry or stress about if you have your wedding here! Thank you so much for making our wedding so so special! It was better than I could have dreamt up myself.

Sent on 06/23/2015

The English Manor was a hidden gem in Ocean Township. After looking at many different halls, we found the EM and immediately knew it was everything we wanted for our Wedding Day. One wedding at a time, beautiful outdoor grounds, and an elegant, intimate, and picturesque setting. We were both so happy with our choice to have EM host our special day! Our outdoor ceremony and wedding reception were absolutely beautiful! Would absolutely do it again, but hope we never have to!

Sent on 02/20/2016

nicole · Married on 04/25/2015

I can not thank The English Manor enough for helping us have the wedding of our dreams! From our very first visit we were treated like family. Lisa and Denise really know the wedding industry and what is needed to for you to have the perfect day. When we got to cocktail hour I had a grass stain on my dress from wedding photos- Denise literally magically appeared with a cloth and seltzer and worked the stain right out. SHE IS AMAZING. The entire night me and my husband and our families were catered to and treated like royalty. My grandma couldn't believe how kind and attentive the servers were to her throughout the day. They even made sure she felt special! Oh and the food was amazing!! I LOVE cocktail hour food- and their's did not disappoint. Also, the filet mignon for the entre was sooo tender and we were able to cut if with a butter knife. My mom said she heated the leftovers up the next day in the microwave and it was still amazing! All in all- they just know what they're doing. The night flowed and we are so happy we chose this venue. It is a beautiful place with an understated elegance that some NJ wedding halls just lack. (we hate gaudy) The grounds are gorgeous as well :) Thank you all!

Sent on 05/08/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 04/10/2015

My husband and I had our wedding reception at The English Manor this past Friday, April 10th. All that I can say is WOW! I am a self-proclaimed, anal retentive control freak who is a complete perfectionist and there was not a single detail missed at The English Manor. From the very start to finish with working with this establishment the overall quality of service, attention to detail, and ability to make you feel like you are the only wedding that counts was there the entire time. I cannot even begin to say enough wonderful things about Lisa, Nancy, Marlin, and the entire staff of The English Manor. All of them were so attentive to all of our guests and truly could not have been more accommodating. Lisa stepped in and helped with every single detail that I needed help with and then some. She went so far above and beyond what my expectations were and my husband and I could not be more thrilled with how everything turned out. Myself, along with our families are still getting phone calls with people raving about how wonderful The English Manor was. I know how important reviews are as I read hundreds throughout wedding planning and honestly, all that I can say is if you want to have a ceremony or reception at an establishment where you DO NOT need to worry about ANYTHING on your wedding day, where the entire staff makes you feel like family, and where you can have all of your dreams come true...then I would HIGHLY recommend choosing The English Manor! We cannot thank them enough for making our wedding day perfect!!!

Sent on 04/16/2015

Leanne · Married on 04/07/2015

Our wedding was Sunday June 7th, 2015 & the day was perfect!

The English Manor is a great place to have a romantic & professional wedding! We were able to capture the old, vintage feel we were looking for without have to rent a barn and bring everything in.

From inquiring to the actual wedding, The English Manor is right there planning with you. Kristy was there to answer any e-mails along the way and once we were assigned Denise as our maitre d' were having phone & text conversations about the big day. The EM really works with you to get day of your dreams without having to worry too much about how it will all execute.

And it executed beautifully! Denise was by our side to help the day run smoothly. Everything was set-up so beautifully, the food was great, & the service was amazing! The English Manor brings great value at a reasonable price & made our special day exceed our expectations!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Jennifer · Married on 03/28/2015

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at the English Manor on March 28, 2015. Everything went so smoothly and was fantastic! Our guests raved about the food, the scenery, and the service. Denise was our maitre'd and was so helpful and accommodating. We could not have asked for more! Thank you to the English Manor!

Sent on 03/29/2015

Christa · Married on 03/27/2015

Our wedding was 3/27/15 and it could not have been any more perfect. We knew from the second we walked in that we needed to get married there. They only do one wedding at a time, so they completely devote all of their attention to you. Lisa was our maitre d and she was so responsive and helped put our minds at ease leading up to the wedding. She went above and beyond to make sure all of our little details were incorporated and made us feel like family. We even had a problem with getting our live painter and photo booth in the same room as the reception, however, Lisa knew it was important to us and made it happen. The staff at the English Manor really make the bride and groom feel like kings and queens, not only on the day of the wedding, but leading up to it. The food is delicious and plentiful. I had guests confused after cocktail hour because they thought that alone was dinner! The servers were constantly passing out horderves and not a single person left hungry. Another great detail that the English Manor offers is the groom suite. I can tell you my husband really appreciated having that special area for him and his groomsmen the day of (especially since the girls and me arrived an hour later than anticipated). There are also so many opportunities for photos. The inside is gorgeous, from the staircase, to the fireplace room. If you are lucky enough to get outside for pictures, the possibilities are endless. The barn in the front, the back patio, the gazebos, the swing, etc. If I could plan my wedding again, I would without a doubt still have it at the English Manor. I could not have asked for a more perfect day, and much of that is because of the wonderful staff (especially Lisa). I would highly recommend checking this place out to anyone looking!

Sent on 04/13/2015

Kelly · Married on 03/14/2015

My husband and I were married at the English Manor on March 14th and we could not have asked for a better day. Lisa and her staff were more than accommodating from the very first time we walked in to do a site visit. Lisa added little things to make sure I was able to get exactly what I wanted. When it came down to preparing for the wedding I couldn't have asked for a better person to help me deal with things than Denise. She made sure everything was perfect and that I had no worries at all. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you Lisa and Denise & everyone at the English manor!!

Sent on 03/22/2015

Amanda · Married on 02/14/2015

Our Valentines Day Wedding at the English Manor turned out to be even more beautiful and more amazing than we could have ever imagined. We found out about the English Manor while we were searching for NJ venues on TheKnot. I went to see it first with my Mom and twin sister, and I immediately fell in love with it. The building is a charming, classic white Tudor house complete with a carriage house which makes for awesome pictures (some of my favorites were of outside the EM)! I met with Kristi Lippiello that day, an event specialist at the EM, and she was so helpful in showing us around the picturesque grounds, the cozy fireplace cocktail area, and the beautiful grand ballroom. She was so sweet and professional and didn't pressure us into anything. She really took her time going over the details of what your wedding would be like, as well as the packages they offered- including the winter wedding package that my husband and I chose, which included photo and DJ through Elite Entertainment. It was a package deal that really was too good to be true. A couple weeks later, I went back with my fiancé and we made the decision that this was where we wanted to get married. In the coming months we had our tasting which really put into perspective how amazing the wedding was going to be. The food is so delicious and there is TONS of it. On the actual wedding day, our guests thought that the cocktail hour was the dinner. Denise Patetta, Maitre'D of the EM, put out all the stops to make our reception go smoothly and fantastically. She really takes care of the Bride and Groom, making sure they have everything they need and want, as well as making sure your guests are happy. We recommend the EM to every couple who is looking to have an AMAZING wedding. Our reception was like a fairytale. We still have family and friends telling us that it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to! The English Manor truly made our Valentine's Day one to remember. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 04/03/2015

Erin · Married on 12/13/2014

My wedding day was absolutely perfect and a huge part of that is because of the English Manor. The location and building are absolutely beautiful. My wedding date was 12-13-14 so everything was decorated for Christmas and winter and it was gorgeous! All my guests felt at home at the English Manor. I love how there is only one wedding at a time and that there are separate spaces for the cocktail hour and reception. All the women I talked to were very accommodating and helpful. Denise made sure the room was set up perfectly and made sure I did not have to worry about a thing the night of the wedding. The food was excellent and great service as well. I wish I could do it all over again!!!

Sent on 01/29/2015

Jenna · Married on 11/21/2014

The English Manor gave me the wedding of my dreams! The venue was absolutely gorgeous- inside and out. The staff made you feel so welcome- like it was your own home. The food was delicious, especially at cocktail hour. All of the guests raved about the drinks and food served all night. The English Manor was perfect!

Sent on 12/10/2014

chelsea · Married on 11/15/2014

We were so happy with the way everything turned out for our wedding at The English Manor! We LOVED Denise and the way she accommodated our every need. All of the staff were very professional and attentive to all our guests, which was greatly appreciated. Our guests have continued to reach out to us to tell us how beautiful, nice, and delicious our wedding was. Everyone was so impressed! Thanks for all that you do!

Sent on 12/10/2014

Ashlee · Married on 11/14/2014

1. Staff: AMAZING!! Every single member of The English Manor team was incredible, professional and so welcoming. They made us feel at home and guided us in our planning process using their expertise but without overtaking it. Lisa, our Maitre d' was remarkable. A personal thank you to her. My husband and I had our dream wedding b/c of all her help and support. Also the server, Marlyn, who personally took care of my husband and I, was so on point. We could see her dedication to her job and to us. Kristy, who toured us on our first visit, is so sweet and knowledgeable. Every time I called and made a visit to EM she had a smile on her face. And all the servers/bartenders, were so professional and kind to our guests. Thank you to you all!!
    2. The Food; absolutely incredible. Not only was the food versatile for all tastes but also so delicious. I told my guests that once they had their main course, they would be asked if they would like to try the other dish. No one believed me and they all said no venue does that. Well sure enough at the night of our wedding, the servers did just that. They came around with seconds for all our guests. The English Manor delivers on what they say! Oh and the champagne they serve is so delicious.
    3. Overall Experience: Words cannot express how wonderful everything was. We told them our vision and they got it right from the start. We added our personal touches and they were more than willing to help us achieve it. I wanted to have a romantic wedding, filled with family/friends that have a great time. And it was all that and more. All the feedback I got was incredible. Everyone had a blast!
    4. Venue Design/Landscape: Beautiful!! When we walked outside to see the grounds they were stunning. So beautiful and private. It really felt like we were at a secluded destination but we never had to get on a plane. It all made for wonderful pictures. And the inside is set up so perfectly. Overall 100% perfect!! Thank you!

Sent on 11/18/2014

samantha · Married on 10/25/2014

From the second we pulled up and walked in we knew this was the place. And that was just the inside. Then Lisa (who we just hit it off with immediately) took us to the grounds in the back and it took our breath away. They were helpful all the way through the whole process. Lisa assured me a stress free day and she over delivered. Thank you doesn't even seem like enough to say. Our guests raved all night about the food and just how gorgeous the entire establishment is. Guest telling me that it was the best wedding they have been to in ages... they could not get over the food at the cocktail hour and how amazing it was and shocked when they were asked if they wanted seconds at dinner. My son the next morning said mom the cocktail hour was slammin lol .I got to work today and all our Co workers raved all day about the wedding.Lisa made sure all our request were met for our guests with food allergies. Which was so important to us. I can honestly say our wedding was magical and we have Lisa and the entire staff to thank. Xoxo thank you just isn't enough.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Emily · Married on 10/04/2014

The English Manor........our dream venue! Seriously!! My husband & I booked it right at the end of our first tour. It was the *only* place we looked at. Its decor, astronomical amount of food/ cocktail options, service, etc, is just wonderful. We had an English-themed wedding and, for obvious reasons, it was a perfect pairing. Our day-of coordinator, Denise, is a gem! My husband-- the most nervous Groom in the world-- harangued this lady with texts and emails to make sure everything was perfect, and it was! She is a lifesaver. We received so, so many compliments on the place itself, the food, and especially the Cocktail Hour. Wedding cake (we chose the cannoli cream option) was fabulous. It didn't taste like generic wedding cake, grainy and full of chewy fondant.. was delicious. Offering "seconds" on entrees to all the guests was a great touch. No guest will go home hungry or feel they have to stop for fast-food after because the dinner plates were minuscule. Excellent value for the location and all the amenities they provide. We were saddened that it did indeed rain on our day, so the Ceremony had to be moved inside, but boy, did it work out! The way the staff dressed the Ball Room (and then flipped it for Reception), made it look like a totally different venue. And as soon as the sun shone through the rain, Denise made certain to grab us and suggest running out to their beautiful wrought-iron gazebo to snap a few photos for our wedding album. Truly a magical day! A month later, we are still not "over" talking about it each and every night.

Sent on 11/08/2014

jen · Married on 09/28/2014

Simply the most beautiful place to get married. Lisa was great and helped us customize our entire day to make the most use out of the stunning outdoor grounds. And I don't know where to begin with the food, we had a hard time narrowing down the options! My only wish was that the party could have lasted all weekend, bc we had the best day at our wedding!

Sent on 10/05/2014

Tracy · Married on 09/20/2014

The food was great and the place gave a perfect atmosphere. We all had such a great time. Our wedding was perfect. I wish I could do it all over again. We had the A band play and our music was great and danced all night. Denise made everything perfect for us.

Sent on 10/20/2014

bonnie · Married on 09/13/2014

My son's wedding was held on 9/13/14 (Matt/Kerri Hehner) and I have to say it was such a wonderful experience - they were so professional and intuned to our needs and wants. It was suppose to be outside, unfortunately it rained, and they took care of making it the most beautiful occasion ever. I would recommend this venue to anyone and u can ask me any questions about their service, the food (was absolutely delicious) and any other detail u would want to know. If they had a 10 rating, they would have it from the Hehner's. English Manor - thank u for the wonderful day and the everlasting memories.

Sent on 09/21/2014

Luannl · Married on 09/12/2014

My daughter's wedding could not have been more beautiful. The English Manor staff could not have been more accommodating. And Lisa our hostess, words cannot explain how great she was. Thank you all.

Sent on 09/17/2014

gabrielle · Married on 09/12/2014

We looked at a few places prior to making our way to The English Manor, but I have to tell you when I walked in I knew right away this was the place, I wanted our wedding reception to take place. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and well kept. The staff was so helpful and nice. Lisa was our maître d' and very wonderful to work with, she helped make planning very easy. Anytime, I called throughout my planning anyone I spoke with was very helpful and never made me feel like a bother. I had about 165 guests and I have to say, everyone just raved about our wedding and how wonderful it was. The outside cocktail hour we were blessed to have was absolutely perfect!!! There was so much food and everyone loved it. I love The English Manor and if I were able to do it all over again, I wouldn't do anything different! I would recommend this place to any bride looking for the Perfect place to have their wedding.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Shannon · Married on 09/07/2014

WOW! I can't even express our full gratitude here but I will try. The English Manor really made our wedding fantastic and perfect. Lisa and the whole team made it very clear that their goal and purpose was to make the whole day exactly what we wanted. The preparation and care that Lisa took in the days before the wedding really showed. She helped the whole day run so smoothly that we felt present during every point of the wedding. I had nothing I was worried about because they were one step ahead. They made sure the grandparents were where they had to be (with mobility issues); they made sure my husband and I ate; they were at my side the moment I got a questioning look on my face; and they helped load the car at the end of the night. I really cannot say enough about the service. We were treated like royalty and I am so so grateful.

The venue itself is exactly what we wanted. It is elegant yet homey. Since there is only one wedding at a time you really feel at home there. They set up the living room for a personal touch. We were lucky enough to have gorgeous weather and used the black gazebo for our ceremony (perfect) and had a spectacular outdoor cocktail hour (perfect). During our reception with 150 people and a photobooth there was plenty of room to walk between the tables and dance the night away. Our photographer also had plenty of gorgeous photo-op locations right on the property. Again...PERFECT.

The food....PERFECT. :) EVERYTHING was delicious. We chose a buffet style service and not only was one thing better tasting than the next but the buffet line (or room should I say) was always full and attended by English Manor staff.

We LOVE THE ENGLISH MANOR! THANK YOU!!

Sent on 09/22/2014