The English Manor Reviews

251 | Asbury Park, NJ

251 Reviews for The English Manor

Jessalyn · Married on 11/18/2016

Getting married here was the best choice I have ever made! (Besides marrying my husband, of course!) I cannot begin to thank the staff at The English Manor enough for making my wedding night the most magical, momentous night of my life. Thank you to Denise, who from beginning to end was there AROUND THE CLOCK for me. From soup to nuts, this is the most wonderful wedding venue in NJ and from the bottom of my heart, I couldn't have dreamt of a better day. I'm so blessed and so thankful to have been given the privilege to be married here! Thank you EM!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Courtney · Married on 10/29/2016

I can't say enough great things about the English Manor. Kristi and Denise were an absolute pleasure to work with. The food was amazing and my guests raved about it!! The venue is just beautiful and I barely brought it any of my own decorations because it really doesn't need anything. I had a craft beer station out on the patio which was so much fun! I also opted for the "exit station" of pork roll, egg, and cheese, which was a huge hit! HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Nancy · Married on 10/07/2016

The English Manor made my son and daughter in law's wedding 100% PERFECT. The food, the grounds and the staff were OVER THE TOP!!! The wedding was two weeks ago and people are still contacting me to tell me that his wedding was the best wedding they ever attended. They can't stop talking about the beautiful grounds, the pleasant staff and most of all the food. The food was just over the top. I could never thank the staff enough for all they did to make this wedding PERFECT!!!!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Nicole · Married on 09/01/2016

The absolute perfect place to have your wedding! My husband and I fell in love with The English Manor when we were looking for venues two years before our wedding. We were a bit non-traditional in having our wedding on a Thursday night but that didn't stop the staff at the English Manor from providing us wit everything we wanted! Kristi helped us book our wedding and took us through our tasting and she is absolutely fantastic! The staff is always so easy to get in touch with and so willing to answer questions and help in any way possible! After waiting two years it was finally wedding time. Our Maitre'D Denise was phenomenal! Our wedding was absolutely perfect and we couldn't have asked for anything more! Every single staff member was amazing and took care of us the whole night whether it was making sure we ate enough or always had full glasses. We wouldn't change anything about our wedding and we highly recommend booking at The English Manor!

- Nicole & Charlie Vaccaro

Sent on 10/19/2016

Domenico · Married on 08/14/2016

WOW!!!! This is the only word we can use to describe our English Manor experience. We have known of the English Manor for a very long time and have always heard great things. Nothing compares to actually having our wedding there. From the beginning, Lisa, Denise, Nancy, and Kristi were nothing short of amazing. Together they fostered a friendly, and inviting environment. My bride and I were nervous going to our first meeting but after meeting with them we felt a sigh of relief. Every step of the way things got easier and easier from setting up the menu, cake tasting, and through the numerous amount of questions that we had. Their expertise is next to none. Why you would not have your wedding there? is a question all couples need to ask themselves. Denise was our Maitre’d and her vision and thought into everything was amazing. The day of our wedding was August 14. 2016 and one of the hottest days of the year! We had been stressing all week because originally it was supposed to rain and it ended up being sunny and hot. The Entire English Manor staff knew we wanted an outside ceremony and they made sure that is what we got. The “BIG DAY” went smooth and it was such an elegant and romantic experience they created for us. From the linens to the food and all in between everything was spectacular. Compliments to the chef, and a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to Lisa, Denise, Nancy, Kristi and the rest of the English Manor staff.
    Mr. and Mrs. Timpani

Sent on 01/04/2017

Kaitlin · Married on 08/06/2016

Our advice is to book this vendor!!! The English Manor is truly a hidden gem in the Monmouth County area. While there are a number of venues in the area The English Manor offers top notch, personalized service. The venue only has one wedding at a time so your wedding is the focus of the day. Additionally, the staff if just incredible & super easy to work with. We had the most amazing Mater'D, Denise. Denise was responsive, kind & detail orientated. As a perfectionist it can be really difficult to hand over everything you've worked so hard to plan to someone else but with Denise I did not have to worry. She carried out every single detail perfectly and went above and beyond to make sure that the day was unforgettable. Denise also made sure we got to taste all of the delicious food which we were super excited and happy about. Did we mention that the food is delicious & that it just keeps coming?!- Our guests were SO full by the end of the night-- but that did not stop them from enjoying the pork roll, egg & cheese exit station! If you want individualized service, kind & compassionate staff, delicious food & a stress free night the English Manor is the place to be! Thank you EM & Denise for making our wedding day the best day ever! - Kait & James Carroll

Sent on 08/20/2016
  • melissaann

Melissa · Married on 07/03/2016

We looked at about 15 other wedding venues in the Monmouth/Ocean County region, including some very upscale ones, but none compared to The English Manor. Even in dreary January, when we were first visiting, the EM is lovely. But on our July 3, 2016 wedding day, it was simply stunning. The flowers were in full bloom, the bull frogs were croaking in the stream, there were complimentary beverages before the ceremony for the guests, adorable signage, our own picture frames on display in the front room -- it was our own private wedding estate for the day, and no detail was overlooked. The EM is the complete package, good for this busy bride, and I LOVED that it was one wedding at a time. The food at cocktail hour and dinner was awesome and abundant. We got so many compliments on the quantity and quality! The staff was friendly and willing to go the extra mile. Our maitre d, Denise, worked so hard to make everything perfect (and it was!!), even sneaking the bride and groom off to view nearby fireworks and orchestrating the perfect sparkler send off. So many people told us it was the best wedding they'd ever attended, and I believe them! HIGHLY recommend!! THANK YOU!!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/12/2016

Let me first off say thank you so much to Denise and the staff of English Manor, everyone made our day magical and beautiful. We knew when we were planning our wedding that we wanted One wedding at a time and beautiful grounds, English Manor had it all. From the first time we visited with Kristi it was amazing the moment we walked in the doors we knew this was the Venue for us and booked it that week. Through the whole planning process any question I had they were more then happy to assist me, and every time we went down to visit we were greeted with smiles and felt like family. At our tasting we were blown away by all the great food and knew our guest would have nothing but great things to say about the wedding!!! Every step of the way everyone as the English Manor eased any anxiety I might be having about the day. Our wedding day was magical, Denise did an amazing job!!! Everything was decorated the way we wanted and looked more beautiful then we could have imagined. Guest raved about the English Manor and its beautiful grounds, amazing food and the general loving vibe from everyone there. Matt and I are beyond grateful for everything the English Manor did to make our day perfect. Thank you again

Sent on 07/11/2016

Jackie · Married on 06/03/2016

We just had our DREAM wedding at the English Manor Friday evening. Everything was perfect from start to finish. Marlyn was truly amazing to work with. She was always there for any questions at anytime. The bridal suite was beautiful. There were so many beautiful spots for great photos. The food was GREAT. My husband is still talking about how good his filet was. You MUST book the porkroll exit station. It was a huge hit! Every guest has been talking about it since! I can't say enough good things about the English Manor. Thank you for making our wedding day so special.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Darlane · Married on 05/20/2016

John & I can not thank The English Manor enough for making our wedding the best day ever....the food, service & staff were amazing, not to mention the gorgeous grounds - we couldn't of asked for anything better. Our outdoor cocktail hour was fantastic and did we mention the food? lol. Thank you again for making our wedding day so amazing!

Sent on 05/28/2016

Brianna · Married on 11/07/2015

My fiance and I got married at the English Manor on November 7, 2015. We booked the English Manor with their Winter Wedding Package in which our photographer and DJ were included through Elite Entertainment. I highly recommend this package as working with Elite was amazing and we also saved money! We booked the venue about a year and a half in advance and for much of that time we were communicating with Kristy, who was fantastic about everything. She answered all our questions, provided us with whatever help we needed, and was always so kind. As the date got closer and we planned specifics for our reception, we worked with Denise who was available all the time for last minute questions and requests. Everyone we worked with or encountered leading up to and on our wedding day were kind, amazing, and the best people we could've worked with. And the food is to die for! Our wedding reception was fantastic--our guests are still raving about the food, the environment, and how gorgeous our venue was. The English Manor was willing to work with all of my requests from adding details to the cake, having pumpkin ice cream (they pass around ice cream cones at the reception depending on your package--so cool!), setting up a cigar station outside, and all of my DIY decorations. Denise was there the whole night of our wedding reception to make sure my husband and I were worry-free and had everything we needed. I can't thank her enough for all of her hard work that night. Everyone at the English Manor made me feel so special that day. For example, my husband and I mingled during our cocktail hour with our guests and as soon as I stepped near the food, I had a server asking what I wanted so that I could mingle and came back with food for me. Little details like this made me feel fantastic, but also allowed me to enjoy our day. I can't rave about this venue enough. I have absolutely zero regrets about having our wedding reception there as it was 100% perfect.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Tom and Theresa · Married on 10/30/2015

The English Manor is a lovely venue for a wedding / reception and the grounds are beautiful. We cannot begin to say enough positive things about our wedding day. The food was delicious and our guests could not believe how much of it there was and said they had never been to a wedding where they were offered seconds. The English Manor was accommodating to dietary needs and the professionalism of every staff member exceeded our expectations. Not only did they make sure we had everything we needed they were also attentive to our guests. We did not hear one thing that was not positive about the venue, food or staff.

Our Maître d', Marlyn was unbelievable. In our initial meeting she said she would be taking care of all the details, assured us our day would run smoothly and that our biggest job was to have fun. Marlyn was prompt in returning texts and calls and always was one step ahead of our requests and eased our mind throughout the planning process. She provided the highest level of service we could have possibly expected and didn’t miss a beat from the moment we met her to the end of our reception. Marlyn made us feel so comfortable that there was never a doubt that this day would be perfect. Our wedding night was the same night as the World Series and we are huge Met fans. To our surprise Marlyn, brought her own television to the English Manor and set it up in the fireplace lounge. In addition, our maid of honor hurt her foot while dancing and Marlyn appeared a few moments later with flip flops for her to wear.

We heard from many guests that this was the best wedding they’ve ever been to and are still talking about it months later. We are thankful to both the English Manor and Marlyn for helping make this one of the greatest days of our lives. We would highly recommend the English Manor to anyone wanting to have a joyous wedding experience.

Sent on 02/23/2016

Nanette · Married on 10/10/2015

FABULOUS!! I can't say enough good things about this venue. I highly recommend The English Manor for your wedding reception or special event. My son and daughter-in-law just held their wedding reception at EM. We had 172 guests, all comfortably seated in the beautiful main room. I know I speak for both sides of the family when I say we were all SO PLEASED with everything! Truly a "5 star rating" in every category.
    The grounds are beautiful---manicured lawn, lovely gardens, gazebo, a lawn swing...all perfect photo sites. Fall flowers were in abundance.
    From early planning stages to the "Big Event", the manager was professional, friendly, organized, and always returned calls/emails promptly. There were many options for every budget. They worked with us on centerpieces, tablesettings (etc), so everything was just perfect for the reception.
    Our guests can't stop talking about the food! There were many delicious choices for the cocktail hour. The appetizer and main courses were amazing. (We chose Filet Mignon, Champagne Chicken, and Crusted Salmon) They came around with second helpings. Everything was perfectly prepared and plated. The Wedding Cake was delicious, and looked exactly as the bride and groom requested.
    The wait-staff was attentive, professional, and cheery. Everyone was smiling, happy---it made for a delightful atmosphere. The reception room, indoor cocktail room, outdoor deck, and fireplace lounge rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated, and spotlessly clean.
    Three cheers for The English Manor! You will be glad you chose this venue!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Betty Ann · Married on 10/10/2015

My daughter and her husband chose to have their reception at the English Manor. We all fell in love with this place from the start!! It's beautiful and elegant as well as intimate and has the most beautiful
    grounds I've ever seen at a venue!! We knew they would help to make the experience a wonderful one!
    What we didn't plan on was how over-the-top the entire experience was going to be!! ALL the food was incredible from appetizers to dessert! The staff was super-amazing, especially our Maitre D' Denise. In addition, every single one of our guests told us how much they LOVED this venue!!! I don't think you could ask for anything more than that!!

Thank you English Manor for being the perfect place for my daughter's wedding!!!!! It was a wonderful start to their life together!! We went in hoping for a happy, satisfying reception and came out wishing we could go back for more!!! I have to find someone who is getting married there or having their reception there so I can get myself invited so I can eat more of their delicious food!!! Thank you again!!

Sent on 10/17/2015
  • mmollaaa

Molly · Married on 10/09/2015

I may have had the best wedding in the history of all time and I credit a lot of that to the The English Manor. Walking in for my first tour of the place, it just felt right. I talked with Kristi and loved her energy. When they told me I could have my pug as my ring bearer for the ceremony I was sold. The food was out of this world. We were assured that there would be no shortage of food during the ceremony, and they kept their word offering our guests seconds and thirds and letting guests take their extra food home with them.
    We wanted an outdoor ceremony, but the weather report was saying otherwise. They had the indoor reception room set up just incase (it was gorgeous). At 5:55PM when the rain had yet to start, my maitre'd, Marlyn, spoke with us individually to let us know it would probably have to be inside. When we both showed that we were still really hoping to pull it off outside and test our luck (it was a short ceremony 15 minutes tops), she made it happen. We got almost all the way through when it began to pour, and Marlyn was quick to announce the way back inside. The staff was ready with a ton of umbrellas, and because they were so well prepared, that experience was actually a ton of fun and very memorable. We also got really great pictures outside with that amazing sky. Within 3 minutes, the ceremony resumed inside and it was incredible. The rest of the night, Marlyn was amazing with keeping everything on schedule. Our server, Silvana, provided some of the best service we have ever experienced. The English Manor saved us a lot of trouble by giving us options and taking care of the cake, the ceremony set up, the food, drinks, centerpieces, and cute signs and decorations around the foyer and bar. We simply had to choose our favorites. When I asked for St. Germaine for our signature drink, they ordered a bunch of it just for us.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Everything about this venue was wonderful. Our situation was somewhat difficult as we live out of state but the staff at the EM was so accommodating and helpful in planning. They worked around our limited schedule and was still able to provide everything we wanted and more !!! Our wedding included a large amount of out of town guests, every single one of them loved everything about the venue, especially the food. We had many guests say that this was the best wedding they had ever attended and the EM is the reason behind that. Personally, the staff made our wedding run smoothly while allowing us to enjoy the night and make sure we had everything we needed.

Sent on 10/11/2015

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at the English Manor on 9/6/15. We knew from the moment that we saw the English Manor that it had to be the place we were married. In fact it was actually only the second venue we looked at before we decided to book our wedding date! The grounds are beautiful with gorgeous gardens and flowers throughout. We loved the outdoor deck and bridge for cocktail hour and were set on having an outdoor ceremony. The building itself is gorgeous and just our taste. The wedding went off perfectly- we could not have asked for a better day. Denise, our maitre'd was wonderful to work with and we cannot thank her enough for helping through the planning process and for answering all of our questions so quickly. We love the English Manor and have not stopped hearing from our guests how FABULOUS the food was. Cocktail hour was delicious and dinner was fantastic! Thanks to everyone at the English Manor for a perfect dream wedding. We love you guys! - Steve and Colleen Durnian

Sent on 09/17/2015

Diana · Married on 09/05/2015

My husband and I got married here September 5, 2015. Denise was our maitre d and she was amazing! The weather was great so ceremony and cocktail hour were outside and it was just beautiful. I made my own centerpieces and they were set up perfectly, along with all the other decorative pieces I brought in. All of my guests raved and still rave about the food and how amazing the cocktail hour was. I can't say enough how thankful we are for everything denise and the staff at the English manor did to make our wedding day and night magical. I wouldn't change a thing about it, it all went smoothly as planned! Once again thank you so much to everyone who was apart of our day!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Christina · Married on 08/29/2015

We could not of chose a better venue for our wedding than The English Manor. My husband and I were looking all over PA and NJ for a convenient location that was truly personal. We had about 90 guests so a few places would not even talk to us about having a wedding there. My sister-in-law was at a wedding years ago at The English Manor and had us come to check it out. The moment I walked across the wood bridge, I immediately got chills. It was the perfect quaint wedding venue that we were looking for! The grounds are beautifully kept and everyone is so friendly. Our first meeting was with Kristi, and she was so sweet and helpful to us! We did travel back a few times, usually with an entourage, and were always welcomed with open arms. We cannot comment enough on how accommodating everyone is! Any silly question I would have about the wedding process, they would answer for me. Once we met with Denise, she made the finalizing process so easy for us. Since we had to travel, she was available by phone, text, e-mail, fax, or any other way possible to keep in touch with us. On the day of the wedding, she kept everything under control, and was very accommodating to us! At our dinner, she made sure we received our appetizers that we were not able to get to during cocktail hour. All of our guests raved at how beautiful The English Manor is, and how delicious all the food was! We cannot say enough about this fabulous place and the wonderful women we have encountered! You have all made our day truly special! We only wish we could do it all over again! Thank you all so much for everything! Christina and Brian Sabatino! <3

Sent on 01/05/2016

Eliana · Married on 08/23/2015

My husband and I had our wedding at The English Manor on August 23, ,2015. The English Manor took care of all the details so we could enjoy our special day. All guests were very impress about the service, quality and venue itself. Great feedback received from family and friends. We definitely would like to recommend this place for weddings.
    Ceremony, cocktail, and reception were well organized and supervised by our maitre-d Marlyn who did a great job to coordinate and make a memorable moment in our life.
    Thank you!!
    Eliana & Daryl

Sent on 09/27/2015
  • User4920889 · 2+ years ago

My husband and I had our wedding at The English Manor on August 21,2015. I could not have asked for a better experience, food, people, place, etc! Everything was absolutely phenomenal. Everyone raved about how beautiful the place was, how the food was AMAZING, how nice everyone was, and how much fun they had. Every single detail was absolutely perfect. Marlyn was great! She made sure every detail was planned and checked and checked again so that every single detail went to plan. She made sure my husband and I were taken care of and ALWAYS had a drink or food in our hand the entire night. She even packed us 2 meals and desserts for us for the day after the wedding. Every detail was absolutely thoughtful and perfect. THANK YOU to everyone at The English Manor for the MOST AMAZING DAY OF OUR LIVES!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Denise and Nancy did a wonderful job helping us throughout the wedding process. Always available to answer our questions and assist with all of needs. They did a phenomenal job making the whole process stress free and easy for us to plan and not have to worry about anything.

Sent on 08/11/2015

The English Manor is great and absolutely gorgeous! We will be sure to recommend you to our friends in the future! Thank you!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Jamie · Married on 07/26/2015

Our wedding was on Sunday, July 26, 2015. I cannot say enough about the staff at The English Manor. When I first arrived at my consultation, I was an hour early. I lived an hour away and accidentally gave myself too much time. Instead of being upset, or making us feel unwelcome or uncomfortable, the owner went around the grounds unlocking doors so that we could see everything. We met with Kristi, who skipped eating her lunch to meet with us. She was so sweet and explained everything. She even stayed and took video on our wedding day, and we consider her family now! Everyone was so amazing throughout the wedding planning process. Denise, our Maitre'd was a text or e-mail away and always got back to us promptly. I dropped everything off three days before the wedding and was nervous about how it would all come out. The day of my wedding I did not shed one tear, everyone could not believe how calm I was. That was until I walked into The English Manor and saw how close attention they paid to every detail. I was so overwhelmed I started crying right in the lobby! I could not have asked for a better day. Our outdoor ceremony was amazing, just check out their facebook page for some of the photos! You cannot go wrong with this venue! Our guests did not stop talking about the ceremony or the details at the wedding. Everyone had a great time!

Sent on 08/05/2015

We had an amazing experience at The English Manor. Our wedding could not have been more magical. It was perfect; exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 07/31/2015