The Empress Estate Reviews

0.8
      0.5
      0.5
      1.0

I have never seen people so HEARTLESS! Beware of the contract agreement! They have you pay everything upfront before the wedding day. We got everything paid in advance. Unfortunately, I had to cancel the venue months prior because my father-in-law was passing away from ALS and couldn't make the three hour travel there. When I explained our circumstance to them, and asked if there was anyway to get a portion of the $7000 we paid them back to use toward finding a new venue closer to my father-in-laws house, they simply and coldly said "I'm sorry, you signed a contract, there are no refunds of any sorts." How ridiculous is that? I have NEVER heard of a venue taking all your money. I completely understand keeping a deposit amount, or heck, even half! But to keep ALL OF IT months before the date?! It isn't like I canceled a week prior. And it was scheduled for a Friday night, a less demanding day. Also, they completely lie to you. They promise you can have your wedding any color you want and if they don't have the right linens to match, they will order them because they are "constantly wanting to expand their options for other brides." WRONG! After paying for the venue and started coordinating the wedding details, I asked if they had anything in soft pinks, mint green or gold. They said no and gave me a list of colors they did have that I could choose from, if I didn't like what they had I could rent/buy at my own expense. Oh and one more thing, I heard they are in a law suit with surrounding neighbors.... not worth the false hope.

Sent on 10/10/2017

The Empress Estate's reply:

We are truly sorry to hear about your hardship. We do not wish to make things difficult here at The Empress Estate, however, we do have policies in place that we must uphold for all of our clients. When you book with The Empress Estate, we designate your booked date for your wedding only. When the wedding date is canceled, for any reason, before the wedding, The Empress Estate will typically not be able to book the approaching date again. Due to the fact that oftentimes couples will not book their weddings less than a year in advance, we find it difficult to recover from this loss. This is why we have the contract agreement mentioned and why we ensure everyone is aware of and agrees to the contract before booking at The Empress Estate.
    Thank you for sharing your concern. We wish you the best!
    Sincerely,