The Empress Estate Reviews

The Empress Estate 5
The Empress Estate 6
The Empress Estate 7

Carol · Married on 12/05/2015

Great Place for a Christmas Party!!!

This is the second time that ITI has held their Christmas party at The Empress Estates. A beautiful mansion on the hill that provides not only dazzling outdoor lights, a breathtaking entrance, and stellar accommodations but also offers stunning views of Woodland and the Columbia River. The grounds and the facility are incredible.

The festive decorations and the hospitable atmosphere allowed for a relaxing, enjoyable and wonderful time. Not to mention, the great Hors d'oeuvres, entrees and desserts that were carefully prepared by the chef.

The Owners, Zoe and Stevie, as well as their staff go out of their way to provide not only a most enjoyable event, but also provide the customer service and attention to detail that make this venue one of the best. It is highly recommended to visit The Empress Estates and consider them for any event.

A big Thanks to Zoe, Stevie and Ariel for helping to make our company Christmas parties successful!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Melanie · Married on 07/18/2015

They are perfect from top to bottom. The entire staff is absolutely phenomenal. They cater, set up, clean up, and are making my small, intimate wedding a beautiful, magical celebration. I will never forget the kindness these people have shown me.

Sent on 04/18/2015

Thank you my Princess, It was our pleasure

AMAZING!! BREATH TAKING!! We truly had the most AMAZING, PRINCESS, FAIRY TALE WEDDING!!! The venue is gorgeous!! The view where our ceremony was held is soooo pretty!! Everything was above and beyond!! The food was delecious, and the service was more than we even asked for!! It was beyond perfect. The owners Zoe and Stevie took such good care of us!! You get your own personal wedding planner, and in-house chef, and a wonderful staff to take care of your guests from the moment they arrive, only to name a few!! It was such a dream wedding!! We can't stop watching our wedding video!! We did not want the night to end! Simply magical!!!
    #bestdayever

Sent on 08/12/2015

The Empress Estate's reply:

WOW, Thank you thank you my Lady, It was our pleasure to host your wedding .

Shannon · Married on 06/20/2015

Oh where do I start?! My husband and I got married at this gorgeous venue on 6/20/15! I can't really describe our experience other than PERFECT!!! Stevie and Zoe were just amazing to work with. Stevie created the most beautiful center piece's for us and I'll I had to say was two simple words- Vintage-Romantic. She nailed it! Her inspiration on my cake was gorgeous too! My husband and I got the Empress Choice package and it was...again...PERFECT for us! The food was amazing and plenty for our 200 guests! We were able to bring in our own alcohol which was just great since two of my friends bought us kegs. Zoe and Stevie did a great job dealing with some of shall I say our more "needy" guests. Also the wait staff and clean up staff were so friendly and did such a great job! There they were cleaning well into the next day with such great attitudes! Our package allowed us, and quite a few guests, to stay overnight. We were able to stay out near the fire enjoying a night cap (or five) just really having an absolute great after-party with the people of our choosing! The next morning we woke up to an exceptional brunch!!!! So tasty! The whole process was so great! I think what I appreciated the most was Stevie and Zoe's calm demeanor and making us feel like the day was all for us! Which of course it was!!! We felt so special and I will never forget our PERFECT day and night!!!! Thank you to all who made our day PERFECT, especially Stevie and Zoe...and my parents for paying for this amazing venue of my dreams!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Meredith · Married on 12/30/2014

Gorgeous French country venue on top of a hill overlooking a beautiful view. Venue included wedding sit down dinner, bed and breakfast sleep over for 16 of our guests and sit down breakfast the following day. Wonderful value. And owners Stevie and Zoe were the sweetest people I know! We look forward to keeping in touch for years to come!

Sent on 01/04/2015

The Empress Estate's reply:

Thank you Meredith for this review! Your comments are greatly appreciated and yes, please stay in touch! Come stay in the B&B for your anniversary!

Karli · event on 12/31/2013

This place is beautiful! I got married here back in '04 when it was under different ownership. It was pretty back then, but seeing it now... WOW! It's just gorgeous. The Great Gatsby party was really fun! We stayed the night in one of the suites and felt right at home. The breakfast the next morning was delish and we felt so very welcome. The owners are extremely kind, warm people and they really put their heart and soul into every aspect of the New and Improved Empress Estate! We can't wait to come back!

Sent on 02/14/2014

Teresa · Married on 12/21/2013

We chose the Empress Estate to host our Granddaughters Christmas wedding. The experience we had there was above and beyond all we asked or even thought was possible.
    Stevie and Angel are two of the most accomplished, accommodating women I have ever met. When I met Stevie I was overwhelmed with the thoughts if planning a Christmas wedding. She immediately put me at ease with the assurance that it was not only possible but would be beautiful. She even said yes when I asked if it would be possible for them to provide the wedding cake. Saving me untold hours and expense in finding a baker to bake it and the outrageous price for delivery.
    I felt as if I had entered the land of "anything is possible and everything is Beautiful" when I met Angel The wedding and event coordinator).
    They worked tirelessly and selflessly to make Nate and Alexis wedding a magical experience.
    I have many more words of praise for Zoe,Stevie. Angel and the rest if team Empress than I could possibly write in this review.
    I will end with, "Run don't walk" to book your Wedding with The Empress Estates. It is one of the smartest decisions I've ever made.
    If you want to save yourself time, frustration, disappointment and believe it or not finances then look no farther.

Still sitting on cloud 9
    Teresa Chavez

Sent on 12/27/2013

Tiffany · Married on 11/02/2013

Zoe and Stevie were absolutely amazing! They were very organized and helpful with anything I needed as I tried to sort through my wedding plans. The day of the wedding, everything was ready to go. I, as the bride, did not have one stressful moment. Zoe and Stevie had every detail dictated to their exceptional staff! The in-house caterer provided delicious restaurant quality dishes for all of my guests. The décor was the best part! We didn’t have to setup or take anything down. The Empress Estate fit every fantasy I’ve had as a little girl; from the huge romantic columns, to the view overlooking the Columbia River, and the royal gated entrance. Thank you for giving me my Cinderella wedding! I highly recommend The Empress Estate to anyone planning a big event.

Sent on 11/09/2013
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 04/20/2019

Better than my dream wedding!

The staff was friendly and accommodating, the food was delicious, and the property is stunning for any wedding photos you could dream of!

Sent on 07/10/2019
    The Empress Estate 17
  • David

David Erwin · Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful, All-Inclusive Wedding Venue

Wonderful experience with The Empress Estate!! Everything turned out perfect and exactly as planned for our wedding in April 2019. Our cake was fantastic (highly recommend the Earl Grey Spiced with Lavendar and the Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese filling!!!), the food was a HIT and the set up was perfect. I was initially a little worried with the spacing and table set up during our planning session/email correspondence, but it all worked out day of and the staff made every effort they could to ensure everything went smoothly and set everything up with my wishes in mind. Long story short - based on the mock-ups, I was nervous that we weren't going to have enough dance floor space with the amount of tables and our 6-piece band (usually, weddings booked here use a DJ service..) but we did and it was AWESOME!!

The grounds are so beautiful, you truly do not need much decoration. However, they allowed us to bring flower petals for the reception tables and our own small pre-made floral arrangements for the aisle and later used them on the cocktail tables.

Nichole was OUTSTANDING day of and had the help of Stevie co-owner/florist for all things coordination. We had an extreme last minute change of ceremony location because the weather took a turn for the BEST and allowed us to stick to our original outdoor setting. The staff were so flexible and helped make it happen with ease! So many people commented on how it was the best and most beautiful wedding they have been to because it truly was so magical.

No wedding is PERFECT.. we had a couple very minor things but in all honesty, they were just that - very minor and all the good that happened far outweighed the "bad". Sure, there were some things I would have changed but what Brides and Grooms need to understand is NO ONE notices those little things except for you and if you fret and stew over every little detail, getting married truly probably shouldn't be on your list of things to do because there are always going to be some problems with EVERY wedding venue/vendors. I would 100% recommend Empress Estate to couples because our experience was nothing short of amazing and damn near perfect especially since everything was a one-stop shop.

Sent on 05/08/2019
    The Empress Estate 18
    The Empress Estate 19
    The Empress Estate 20
    The Empress Estate 21
    The Empress Estate 22
    The Empress Estate 23

The Empress Estate's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review David & Anna!

You were an absolute pleasure to work with, and we appreciate your outlook.

We hope married life treats you amazingly!

Best wishes,

Jaimee · Married on 08/19/2017

My husband and I said our "I do's" in August 2017. The Empress Estate was everything that we needed and more. The crazy part about our story is that in the summer of 2016 we had already put down a deposit for a wedding venue that we wanted. Months later, I attended a wedding show, met with some of the great staff at The Empress Estate and I guess you can say the rest is history. One tour of this breathtaking venue was all that we needed to change our minds on our wedding venue. I wanted to feel like a princess on my wedding day. The Empress Estate and its staff helped to make that happen! :)

- Jaimee

Sent on 02/12/2018

The Empress Estate's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We enjoyed every minute of serving you and hosting your beautiful wedding!

Alison · Married on 07/19/2015

Our daughter's wedding was absolutely wonderful thanks to the Empress Estates. It was so stress free because they lead you through everything. No having to run around and rent chairs, buy a cake, etc. They do it all! All we had to do was show up a couple of hours ahead of time with a few items that we wanted to personalize it with. But they are flexible and can work with your vendors also. The food was out of this world good! We had prime rib & chicken cordon bleu. Everything was tasty, hot, fresh and we got a lot of compliments from our guests. The wedding cake was drop dead gorgeous!!! Stevie & Zoe were awesome to work with and when they said "don't worry we will handle things", they were being totally honest. Their staff was very attentive and they made sure our wedding guests were taken care of. From making sure that older guests that arrived early had a nice spot to sit in the shade...to providing them with lemonade and making sure everyone was having a good time. You can't go wrong with having a wedding here! Our daughter had the most relaxing wedding day ever, she didn't have to run around like the typical bride on her wedding day. If you want to feel pampered, special and having an elegant wedding, the Empress Estate is the place to go.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Abby Knight · Married on 08/25/2019

Absolutely Stunning Venue

This place is the most beautiful of you are looking for that fairytale wedding. Everyone raved about how beautiful the venue was. The quality of the food day of exceeded my expectations as well! I had a few issues with getting email responses about a couple months before the event, but in the end everything was perfect and exactly how I wanted it! And the day of coordinator Stephanie was super flexible about making sure we got exactly what we wanted! This place is worth the price!

Sent on 09/03/2019
    The Empress Estate 24
    The Empress Estate 25
    The Empress Estate 26
    The Empress Estate 27
    The Empress Estate 28

The Empress Estate's reply:

Thank you Abby for the great review and photos! Your wedding was so beautiful. The colors you chose for your wedding were perfect! I hope you are enjoying your honeymoon together and The Empress Estate wishes you all the luck in your new life together as a married couple. Thank you for sharing your special day with us.

Dolly · Married on 04/18/2014

3.5

A truly gorgeous establishment. I attended an event at The Empress Estate for my Granddaughter's Wedding and I was delighted by the tasteful yet unique estate. I must say, the staff here truly does go above and beyond. They are dressed elegantly in black slacks and white button up shirt with a bow tie. It reminded me of restaurants my husband and I had traveled to in Europe.

My husband has some difficulty walking, and the staff was truly divine in helping make his time as easy and fun as possible. One waiter truly went beyond the call of duty when she came to check on us and my husband exclaimed, "I really just want one more meatball." The waitress smiled and said, "Well how about I go get you a few meatballs then! I'll be right back sir." Even though the event was buffet style, and we were supposed to help ourselves, the waitress gladly took my husbands plate and came back with a fresh plate with not just one, but several of the last of the meatballs so he (as she said) he, "wouldn't miss out on the last of the meatballs." Then after dinner, although coffee was not on the event menu, my husband mentioned how he wanted some coffee to the same waitress. The waitress exclaimed, "Absolutely sir! I will go make a fresh pot right now." Shortly after, she returned with the most darling antique cup filled with coffee, and matching antique dishes filled with creamer and sugar. It was truly some of the best service I've ever had. I hope I get the privilege of getting to experience it again.

Sent on 05/14/2014

Troy · Married on 02/02/2014

I had co-signed on my sister's wedding at The Empress Estate for her wedding in February because her now husband is in the Army and was unable to come and see the venue before their wedding. He wanted a man's perspective on the place and so I gladly helped out! It was so smooth working with The Empress team through the process. Angel gave us a tour and was beyond friendly. Zoe (the owner) worked up a contract and met with us to sign. Throughout the payment process they sent us courtesy reminders of upcoming payments, receipts after payments were made, and checklist reminders of what we needed to give them before the wedding.

Attending my Sister's wedding at The Empress Estate was equally as nice! I had an AWESOME time!!! The view from the hillside was phenomenal, the Estate is the nicest house I've ever been in, the staff was beyond attentive, and the food was killer. Hey word to the wise: their Chef makes dynamite Artichoke Parmesan Dip and Prime Rib. So come prepared to unbutton your pants. Lol.

A big thank you for making my sister so happy! You guys have given her a memory for life! :-)

Sent on 05/14/2014

Bradley · Married on 07/28/2018

3.5

When looking for a wedding venue, we focused our search on historic mansions in the Portland – Seattle corridor. We wanted a venue that offered our guests a distinctive and memorable experience; an event that they would remember for many years to come. After visiting our Top 5 options, we quickly chose to book with the Empress Estate. The packages offered were very clear and inclusive. Things that are add-ons at most venues were included as standard, and that made planning and managing vendors easier for us and our coordinator. The venue itself offers tremendous flexibility, and we built a plan that leveraged the full capabilities of the property. We used the mansion for our Cocktail Hour and overnight experiences. We used the Forest Amphitheatre for our Ceremony, and we used the Woodland Chateau for the Welcome Reception and the Wedding Dinner & Dance. Working with Lindsay was a pleasure, as she is very precise and offered helpful suggestions during planning, the rehearsal and the day-of. The chef prepares food that has great flavor, seasoning, and presentation – far above most wedding providers. The cake was superb, and many of our guests kept asking who we ordered it from (Empress!). Finally, we added on a Dessert Bar for midway through the dance and our guests LOVED it! Working with Empress was easy, and when the weather for our wedding weekend was forecast to be significantly warmer than normal, Zoe sat down with us and helped us work through some event modifications based on how the sun/shadows work at the property. He even had bottles of iced-down water placed by the ceremony venue for our guests. Overall, I would highly recommend the Empress Estate for a wedding or even for a corporate offsite event.

Sent on 08/11/2018
    The Empress Estate 29
    The Empress Estate 30
    The Empress Estate 31
    The Empress Estate 32
    The Empress Estate 33

Ariel · Married on 07/07/2018

4.2

We both loved how magical this venue looked! Honestly, everything about it was pretty much exactly what we expected with very little hiccups. The food was absolutely to die for, our friends and family are still talking about the prime rib and chicken Cordon Bleu. We did the root beer cake as our special choice, and I'm pretty sure almost the entire thing got eaten. There are a lot of hills and very little wheelchair access ( which wasn't a big problem for us since we didn't have an elderly guest list) but it's definitely something to be aware of if you do have someone that is. If you check the venue out ahead of time though you will see :-) we absolutely recommend booking the venue overnight, both my husband and I agreed that it was the best part of the entire experience getting to see our wedding party the next morning as well and having that extra day to clean up.

Sent on 07/30/2018
    The Empress Estate 34
    The Empress Estate 35
    The Empress Estate 36

Kayleigh · Married on 04/12/2015

4.2

We recently held our wedding and reception at The Empress Estate.
    It is an absolutely gorgeous location.
    Stevie and Zoe were wonderful.
    They always were quick to respond and if we had any questions they always had an answer.
    They were very accommodating and great to work with.
    Stevie helped us every step along the way and was extremely helpful.
    The venue also did our catering. All I can say is wow! I can't even begin to count how many people told me that The food was some of the best they've had. They have a very skilled chef.
    I would very highly recommend the venue

Sent on 05/15/2015

Thank you My Lady , you were a princess on your Wedding day
  • Marcy

Marcy · Married on 08/11/2018

3.0

We had our wedding a few weeks ago (the ONE Saturday in August it just had to be raining....) and everything was amazing. I showed up and the staff was taking care of everything. Zoe (the owner) was keeping me posted along the way in regards to the ceremony, which was planned to be outside. In the end we were able to continue on as planned with the rain finally subsiding. Lindsay was the coordinator we primarily worked with and she was AMAZING. She helped us every step of the way with our planning sessions and the day of. Beautiful grounds and everybody was in awe over how great the food was.
    The only reason I'm not giving all 5 Stars is some hiccups we had along the way with pricing and ownership. They changed their pricing and some policies after we signed our contract, and then tried to tell us that basically our contract wasn't good enough and the new fees/policies affected us.
    In the end, it all worked out how it was supposed to, but it was extremely frustrating being told one thing and not taking into affect our binding contract.

Sent on 08/21/2018

The Empress Estate's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review!
    We are so glad we were able to be part of your big day! Your wedding went amazingly! We do hope married life is treating you well.

3.0

Stevie, Zoe and Charlotte made our day great. While we only used their smallest package, it was perfect. Stevie was a little difficult to get ahold of, but she was on vacation when I tried contacting her and promptly returned my calls when able.

Sent on 08/15/2016

The Empress Estate's reply:

Thank you very much for sharing your big day with us. I hope you had a great time on your beach honeymoon. please come and stay with us at the B&B

Sarah · Married on 06/17/2017

Very helpful. Can't wait to get married there.

Sent on 12/22/2017

Gaby · Married on 08/13/2016

The day (August 2016) of the wedding was amazing!
    Our family, friends and vendors were astonished by the venue. It is very beautiful with gorgeous views (pictures come out amazing)
    Stevie, my coordinator helped with a lot of the last minute things: Bouquet to toss, vase for the sand ceremony. Also, taking nerves off everyone in the bridal party.
    Pros:
    - Center pieces are amazing. I just had to bring floral arrangements IF I wanted to. Ceremony pieces!
    - All inclusive: linens, plates, center pieces, tables, ceremony area, wedding cake and overnight bed and breakfast for 16 guests.
    - Food was great. As the bride and groom, you know how it is when you get pulled away for pictures and greeting guest. But, Stevie and Zoe were attentive of us getting food ( we got a few bites in) and drinks first.
    - Breakfast next morning is Delicious.
    - Rooms are beautiful and spacious.
    - Wedding cake!
    Cons:
    -When I originally booked the venue, I was assigned Ariel, the coordinator. Who was simply amazing. She knew what she was doing and took all the nerves out of the planning of the wedding from the get go. Ariel left the venue and the owner’s never explained or apologized about having to change who the coordinator was. At the end of it all Stevie was our coordinator.
    -The cocktail hour we gave to our guest was not fully explained to us until our last run through. Explaining that the “bartenders” would not sit there and pour the drinks (ours were rum + coke, grapefruit soda + tequila). Simple and easy. They place the drinks in a pitcher and serve that way. I understand there is a drink limit, but to pay for a bartender and not bartend? Kind of seems redundant $10/person (now it's $15).
    -Zoe kept complaining about my DJ not speaking English and the music being too loud. My DJ did speak English, and Zoe was next to the system by the "bar".
    -In the bridal suite was hot when arrived and up until the ceremony.
    I do recommend, just some minor adjustments needed.

Sent on 08/23/2016

Ashley · Married on 08/25/2018

3.8
      2.5

Beautiful wedding venue, everything was just how we pictured it. There were a few hiccups along the way though,If you have a party that likes to drink I would not recommend this venue to you. The owner is very strict with the alcohol, so much so that we had a ton of alcohol left over. They told us our keg was empty and stopped serving that, come to find out that it was still half full. Short staff on the bartending they only had one bartender , whom was not friendly at all and went missing half the night. We were told to bring as much ingredients for our signature drinks as we wanted served and they served not even half! I had two pregnant bridesmaids and all they wanted was coke and it was really hard for them to even give us that because the owner said it was for the mix drinks.
    Just little issues like that, which kept it from an amazing venue to a perfect one. The owner is very strict and he has ALOT of rules... But beautiful venue and our coordinator Lindsay was wonderful

Sent on 12/23/2017

3.6
      2.0

If your looking for a low stress easy wedding this is the place. If your looking to customize every detail and want to be in full control of your wedding and are unwilling to compromise, this may not be the place for you. I wouldn't say you can't make any decisions but your not entirely in control either. The experience the Empress offers is somewhere in between a Vegas style wedding where you just show up and do your thing with whatever the venue offers and a customised self planned wedding. They do have many options to choose from but at the same time they ask you to relinquish control and let them take care of everything. Although this is exactly what we were looking for and our expectations were met in regards to the ceremony and reception, I understand this is not what everyone is looking for and feel the owners could have done a better job of expressing this up front. As for the accommodations for overnight guests, things could be better. We had a few guests complain about dusty rooms, lamps not working, and even a few bugs in the sheets ( a trapped fly or something not bed bugs or any sort of infestation). As a final note, the reason for the low professionalism score is due to the pressure to provide an excellent review. I understand the business is reliant on word of mouth but let the experience speak for itself. I had more than one conversation with the owner in which the conversation turned into him trying to sell me on the place and convince me to give a 5 star review, even after our ceremony had already taken place.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/09/2017

3.4
      2.0
      3.0

The Empress Estate is a GORGEOUS venue that makes for amazing photos and a great layout for space. We chose the venue for the flexibility with your budget and 'all-inclusive' services. In pre-planning, the coordinators were great to work with, walking you through details like decor, menu choices, centerpieces, timing, etc. This allowed us to focus on our other details for our day. The food, centerpieces, & cake were AMAZING, and the in-house florist, Stevie, did amazing work and was great to work with. The downsides were that on the day-of, the venue was very unorganized. When the wedding parties arrived, there was nobody to greet us or show us where to go. In the bridal suite we had to ask for water, snacks, champagne multiple times (things promised in our package). The wedding party and family members were constantly chasing the coordinator as she was MIA. It was the first time it had rained in months, which started right before cocktail hour. There was only one bar set-up in the outdoor area. But the transfer of bar service to the lower covered area was unclear. Our guests were told to go to a different bar, to find out it had no staff. The banquet team did nothing to help move reception tables to the covered areas. Our wedding party - not wanting to stress us out on our big day - told us later that they had to take matters into their own hands on things the onsite staff should have done. It was extremely disappointing to hear how unhelpful the onsite staff was. The owner was also rude to guests and yelled at those who were trying to order 2 drinks at the bar (either for their own spouse, or for the bride and groom). Our coordinator was great but I feel she should have had a banquet manager so she could focus on the bride/groom and wedding parties. We had a great time in the end and it was gorgeous. But I would caution people with large weddings to ensure your day-of plans are tightened up; not just the decor and food.

Sent on 10/19/2017