The Elysian Ballroom Reviews

37 Reviews for The Elysian Ballroom

37 The Elysian Ballroom Reviews
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 09/22/2018

Our wedding at The Elysian was flawless. Not only is the venue beautiful and unique, but when you book The Elysian you also book Mike and his staff. Mike is an absolute dream to work with and makes organizing your wedding fun and easy. He has 25+ years of experience and helps you plan everything to the very last detail. He even facilitates your rehearsal and is your day of coordinator.

Mike’s entire staff is professional, thoughtful, and truly wants your wedding to be the day of your dreams. We had countless guests tell us it was hands down the best wedding they had ever attended. Booking The Elysian was our first and best wedding decision. We cannot imagine our wedding anyplace else! Thank you Mike! We might be back for a wedding anniversary party in a few years :)

The Elysian Ballroom 1

Emma · Married on 07/22/2018

I would not hesitate to recommend the Elysian Ballroom, and Mike Piper, to anyone. In fact, I have already recommended him to tons of people! The ballroom is a gorgeous and well appointed space, perfect for weddings or parties. It needs no further decoration; we bought some flowers at a farmers market the day before, put them in nice mini arrangements, and it was just right. Mike is amazing, totally professional, and committed to ensuring you are "a guest at your own wedding". He’s been doing this for a long time, so he is always ready to give advice and tips (and they are always spot on!), but is dedicated to ensuring you get exactly the day you want. I don’t have the space to write about the food if I want to keep this concise, but I will say that after the tasting my husband and I decided that we needed our own "sweetheart" table so we would be sure to have time to eat. It was an excellent choice and neither of us regret stuffing our faces with the amazing fare all night. I’ve had so many people tell me it was the best wedding they have ever attended, and tell them it was all Mike and his staff. THANK YOU MIKE AND ELYSIAN STAFF!

The Elysian Ballroom 2
    The Elysian Ballroom 3
    The Elysian Ballroom 4
    The Elysian Ballroom 5
    The Elysian Ballroom 6
    The Elysian Ballroom 7
    The Elysian Ballroom 8

Ashika · Married on 11/11/2017

Amazing everything ! Mike was great, the venue was beautiful! The food... the food was great! Worth every penny!

Stephanie · Married on 10/14/2017

This ballroom is gorgeous and Mike Piper alone makes it worth the cost (not that the cost isn't reasonable). We searched all over Portland, knowing we wanted an indoor venue (October in Portland is a little too iffy, weather-wise, for our taste). There were a few nice places we were considering,but the moment we walked into the Elysian Ballroom and met with Mike Piper, we were instantly like "THIS IS THE PLACE."

This is a super inclusive venue -- we could have brought in nothing on the day and it would have been perfect and gorgeous. Truth be told, we only ended up bringing in some greenery for the tables and that was pretty much it. Nice linens and multiple colors? Included. Those gold chairs everyone loses their minds over? Included. Gorgeous lighting? Included. I can hardly think of a thing that we asked Mike about that wasn't just a part of the deal. If you have been shopping venues, you know how rare THAT is.

It was invaluable to have Mike around as the day of coordinator as well, there is so much going on at once, I can't imagine trying to be the bride as well as the point person for the multiple teams of people and family members and bridal party, caterers, photogs, DJ, etc etc etc. Mike Piper coordinates it all so you can basically turn your brain off and enjoy the day (as best as anyone can).

I couldn't recommend the Elysian more. If you want a stunning venue at a really decent price with a lot of support and planning help, the Elysian is amazing.

katie · Married on 09/23/2017

Mike is a wedding coordinating saint! We began planning our wedding in February, and he met with us multiple times to discuss even the most miniscule details that we never even thought of. We didn't have a bridal party, so it was up to my sister and best friend to take care of all the details (rings, marriage certificate, details, decor, etc.). However, by the time they even got there, Mike had it all done and figured out. Ceremony decor, stage set up, bridal suite set up was all set up for us as soon as we got there. Oh, and it was freaking gorgeous!

The tear down of everything was also so easy -- we probably were packed and ready to go within thirty minutes of our event ending. Also, the food was amazing, and Mike is one of the most flexible and accommodating vendors we have worked with.

The Elysian Ballroom 9
    The Elysian Ballroom 10
    The Elysian Ballroom 11
    The Elysian Ballroom 12

Diana · Married on 09/03/2017

Even if the Elysian Ballroom weren’t the single most gorgeous venue I’ve ever walked into, even if the food wasn’t the best I’ve ever eaten at a wedding, Mike Piper’s expertise would still have been worth every penny. But lucky for my husband and I, it’s all there. When we took our first tour, Mike exuded hospitality and a wealth of knowledge. After the tour, we made our decision to get married under that draped ballroom ceiling before the elevator had hit the ground floor. During every stage of the planning process, Mike answered our questions with ease and brought up things we wouldn’t have thought of – like how we probably shouldn’t plan for a garter toss if there were only going to be a handful of single male guests in attendance. He pretty much planned our whole wedding day timeline during a 30-minute meeting, including what order our family would walk up in. His exact words were, “On your wedding day, you should feel like a guest at your own party.” And we did! We had no reason at any time to feel stressed or lift a finger; Mike took care of it all with calm confidence. He arranged all the décor we brought (you really don’t need much), he dried off my bridesmaids’ bouquet stems so they wouldn’t drip during pictures, and he coordinated every part of the day seamlessly, right down to sending us down the aisle. I had never been to a wedding with a family-style dinner, and now I can’t imagine why you’d want to do it any other way. The staff were all friendly and helpful – they even packed up containers food dishes and cake for us to eat in the days following the wedding. I think the moment that best illustrates our experience was when we were announced husband and wife – walking out of the ballroom with wide smiles on our faces, Mike met us in the lobby with two freshly poured glasses of champagne, and was the first to congratulate us. This level of of personal care is beyond value, and we can only hope to come back one day as guests at someone else's perfect day!

The Elysian Ballroom 13
    The Elysian Ballroom 21
    The Elysian Ballroom 22
  • Breanna

Breanna · Married on 07/22/2017

We got married at the Elysian Ballroom in July 2017. Mike was great to work with and made the day of seamless! We had no problems and we were able to enjoy our wedding with no stress. All of our guests raved about the venue and said it was the best wedding they had been to. I would highly recommend the Elysian Ballroom to all brides!

Leslie · Married on 06/25/2017

The Elysian Ballroom is a wonderful and gorgeous venue! Mike, the venue owner, was great to work with! He was very responsive in all of our email communications and made the whole wedding planning process a very smooth one. He had all the answers and help make our day stress free. The Elysian Ballroom was a one stop shop for us. We went with the in house catering, drink package, and DJ. We only had two outside vendors, which were for cake and photography. The food was great and we received a lot of very positive feedback on the food from our guests. I would highly recommend the Elysian Ballroom if you're looking for a very classic and romantic venue, with in house catering. We couldn't have been happier with our choice. And of course Mike is the best!

• Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 06/03/2017

Having my wedding at the Elysian ballroom was the best decision. Mike Piper the venue manager is absolutely amazing! He is so organized and very quick to respond through email, as I had plenty of questions. It was wonderful to have someone so straightforward regarding pricing and other questions.

Dorene · Married on 01/22/2017

Mike Piper, Wedding Planner Extraordinaire, and the Elysian Ballroom: Where does one begin to write a review for someone and someplace that has exceeded your every expectation beyond anything imaginable? … From first contact through all the preparations and planning, Mike Piper was professional and quickly responsive to all communication and questions regarding our ideas, thoughts, and suggestions and needs. He provided honest and most helpful advice at each step and more than accommodated our requests where possible. The venue provides a team of independent vendors to meet your every need and we used them all: Lisa McGuire of Crave Design who created and printed our invitations; Holland Photography mastery behind the camera; John Ross Music (DJ who acted as the master of ceremony and moved the events along); Papa Haydn’s Wedding Cake services; and An Affair to Remember featuring Mike Piper florals; each providing a level and quality of service difficult to find these days. The day of the wedding everything was dialed and proceeded like a superbly manufactured clock. Because everyone had worked a multitude of weddings at the Elysian everything was enchanting and proceeded seamlessly. The décor for both the ceremony and the reception was enchanting. The food and the service for both the cocktail hour and reception were wonderful! AND, Mike Piper orchestrated it all! helping us make it the wedding of dreams. Thank you Mike Piper!!! You and Your gift will be part of our memories of this day forever ~ Brad and Allyson Benson and their Parents!

Adrienne · Married on 01/21/2017

The PERFECT place for our son and daughter-in-law's wedding! Mike and staff were superb in every aspect imaginable!! Every detail was handled to perfection and we could not have been any happier with such an incredibly awesome wedding venue! Don't look anyplace else, this is the place!!! You can relax and enjoy the day, it's a blessing and an honor to have found Mike and the Elysian Ballroom!!

melissa · Married on 08/27/2016

The Elysian Ballroom is a beautiful venue in the heart of downtown. I first walked in and new that I had to be married in that venue. The decorations are perfect. Since it's already such a stunning venue, we ended up saving money on flowers and decorations because we didn't have to do as much to make it feel warm and special. Everyone commented on the venue, and Mike was so warm, amazing, and helpful. The food was really good too-even better the day of the wedding then on the tasting day. I would recommend this venue!

lauren · Married on 07/16/2016

i can't say enough about how wonderful Mike and his team are. I got his name from a friend of a friend and had not idea what to expect. My husband and i were doing our wedding reception a year after the wedding. I did not care about the details.....flowers, colors, etc. We just wanted a party with great food, drinks, and music, and Mike delivered exactly what we had in mind - even more. He took all of the minute details (that I would have definitely overlooked) and gave us an amazing night. His venue, the Elysian Ballroom, in downtown Portland was the perfect setting. The food was OUT OF THIS WORLD - i had at least half of my guests ask who the caterer was and if they could hire them. The night flowed seamlessly and everyone had nothing but praise for what an outstanding venue we had chosen. I have to give all my thanks to Mike. He knew the answers before i even asked the questions. He was hands down the best planner i could have ever hoped to work with, and you won't be sorry if you put your event in his hands! Thank you Mike!!

This was the perfect place for our wedding (06/19/16). Every detail was perfect from the decorations and lighting to the attentive staff. The ballroom reminded me of the timeless elegance of the Waldorf Astoria. Getting married at the Elysian Ballroom was the most amazing experience.

Karen · Married on 05/01/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Mike Piper and the Elysian Ballroom. It was the perfect venue for our special day and Mike made sure everything ran smoothly, absolutely nothing went wrong because of Mike's attention to detail and his experience. The venue provided the perfect atmosphere for the glamour/vintage/old hollywood vibe that I was looking for, and the food was really, really good! I had so many guests tell me how much they loved our venue and the food. What's nice about Elysian is that all the food, beverages, tables, linens, etc are all in-house so you're not being charged a lot of extra fees for bringing all that in. I was amazed at how reasonably priced everything was. I'd definitely recommend Mike and the Elysian Ballroom to everyone!

Jennifer · Married on 03/19/2016

Such a beautiful venue. Mike Piper was so helpful and everything was perfect.

Kathleen · Married on 12/12/2015

The Elysian Ballroom was the perfect venue for our December wedding reception. The space is absolutely stunning, with lots of detail and charm, you really feel like you're transported to a different time. We had live piano music in the lounge, and Mike accommodated the space to fit a photo booth afterwards. He did a great job of providing an all-inclusive experience, as he caters the event as well, making things much easier for all involved. I very much recommend his flower company as well, as he knows the space well and what looks good in it to help you choose the best flowers for your theme. During cocktail hour, everyone was able to get a drink in their hand and an appetizer without waiting. In keeping things moving and everyone happy, Mike has it down to a science. We were so happy with our experience here.

Amy · Married on 10/10/2015

I could not be happier with our choice to have our wedding and reception at the Elysian Ballroom. This is the most beautiful venue in Portland. We initially thought it was a little out of our price range, but after further review of all of the things that come with the booking we realized that we were actually able to have our dream wedding at a fraction of what it would cost if we rented everything. For example, the venue has chivari chairs, beautiful lighting and draping with chandeliers, gorgeous linens, bistro tables, lounge furniture, candles, almost any piece of decor you would need for your tables. We also used Mike (the owner) for our flowers and he was actually less expensive than other places in Portland and also included any rentals from his warehouse for free!

During the wedding, Mike was so helpful and was doing everything in his power to make sure we (and our guests) were having a great time. For example, he made sure that my husband and I had full plates of food at our seats as soon as dinner was served so we would be sure to be able to eat at the wedding. He also noticed any time we needed a refill of our drinks and would come swooping in with a new one!

Mike has been in this business for a long time, and he knows all of the little ways to make a big impact in the wedding. Having him as part of the wedding is priceless, and his venue is absolutely incredible.

Autumn · Married on 08/08/2015

I had a BLAST at my wedding. I even ate the food and the cake. It looked better than the Pinterest pictures I showed Mike for examples of my vision. He exceeded all expectations. I couldn't be happier. It literally would not have been nearly as perfect anywhere else or done by anyone else. Mike Piper is the best in the business. He knows his stuff people. I'm sad it's over because I won't see him anymore! I felt like he was a part of the family! Mike was so quick to respond at all hours, he resolved all issues with ease, the wait staff is super friendly and fast ( Eric is awesome!!) I just can't say enough good things about Mike, the Elysian Ballroom or An Affair to Remember. Not to mention the cake! Holy moly people are still talking about how good it was! It was truly beautiful. I can not wait for the pictures. If I did it all over again I wouldn't change a thing except maybe slow down time ☺️ Thank you Mike!! We love you!!!

Barb · Married on 07/31/2015

i am the MOB. The experience we had with Mike was beyond exceptional. The venue is beautiful, he is prompt in responding to questions. The food was incredible and every detail was attended to. My daughter who lives in Indiana could not of picked a better place or person to work with. Even with her out of town, I felt like a guest because Mike took care of everything. It was a joy to have a wedding for my daughter there with Mike:)

Alissa · Married on 07/18/2015

We cannot say enough about how wonderful the Elysian ballroom is and how phenomenal the site coordinator, Mike Piper, is to work with. Mike anticipated our needs, saw to every detail, and went above and beyond at every turn. We had a family medical emergency on the morning of our wedding and he responded with compassion and professionalism. He exceeded our expectations and I'm so grateful for his wisdom and experience. The ballroom itself is stunning, elegant, and left my guests in awe. The transitions were seemless and the staff was attentive.

lauren · Married on 06/20/2015

Where to begin with Mike Piper and the Elysian Ballroom...
    This place was just magical. My husband and I looked at several venues - both inside and outside - and the moment we walked into the ballroom we knew it was the one. You are instantly transported into the most elegant, classy, beautiful space. All of the finishing touches, the polished glass, the complementary colors... so beautiful.
    In addition to the most lovely space, Mike Piper and the staff know their stuff. You don't have to worry for a second about whether or not something will be taken care of - because it will. Mike has his own wedding planning company as well, so he's got a warehouse filled with wedding decorations. This meant that when we forgot to think about what what was going to hold our escort cards on the table, Mike had a beautiful solution. When we didn't remember table numbers, he had some ready to go.
    Everything you could ask for in a venue is here. Get married here and all you have to worry about is yourself and the rest is taken care of.
    When you go with the Elysian you can also use Mike for your flowers (which we did). They were amazing. Simply beautiful.

• User4982038 · 2+ years ago

This place, Mike, and his staff are all amazing. We had our ceremony followed by a cocktail hour while Mike and staff seamlessly transformed the venue from a ceremony space to a reception hall. The food is fantastic and you have so many options with multiple choices for people with dietary restrictions (the tasting dinners are great too). Mike was always available by phone any time we needed him before our wedding date. On the day of, he was right by our side when we needed him, and totally blended in when we didn't. He helped keep the wedding and reception moving smoothly all night. We got so many compliments on how well run our wedding was, all thanks to Mike. The planning meeting that we had with Mike in the week or two before our wedding took all our stresses away, he knows exactly what he's doing and makes it so simple. Another bonus, we initially were considering making or buying our own centerpieces, Mike has everything for rent and it is very reasonably priced. Much nicer than anything we would have came up with, and you don't have to find something to do with it after.

Go see this place for yourself. The pictures are gorgeous, but it's even more incredible in person. I am the groom, and if i'm gushing over this place, imagine what my wife has to say...

Big thanks to Mike Piper and his Staff.

Andy

Adria · Married on 01/18/2015

My husband and I couldn't have picked a BETTER place to have our wedding reception. Mike Piper, the wedding/reception coordinator, was not only wonderful to work with he was so friendly and flexible when changes and decisions were made. My husband and I decided on a photo booth a week before the wedding and Mike made sure it worked. Mike, along with those that work with him, also set up all the tables for us for our reception and made sure everything was exactly how we had wanted it. We felt so comfortable and at ease through out the entire process. I highly recommend using the Elysian Ballroom. The venue as well is beautiful on it's own. We had centerpieces but didn't need to do anything else because Mike has the Elysian already beautifully decorated!

Also, the in house DJ, Jerry, did a fabulous job at our wedding. If you go with the Elysian, definitely, hire their in house DJ as well. He made the entire reception so much fun.

I hope you choose the Elysian because not only is it a perfect place for a wedding/reception, the food is amazing as well!