The Elks at Bass Rocks Reviews

The Elks at Bass Rocks 5
The Elks at Bass Rocks 6
The Elks at Bass Rocks 7

Courtney · Married on 06/11/2016

We chose the Elks at Bass Rocks for the beautiful location. The day of my wedding it rained but Deborah knew how much I want that outdoor wedding. When the rain stopped she was out there wiping off everything so we could have our dream wedding. The location was beautiful, the amazing people we worked with were organized and listened to everything I said and made it happen. My bridal party still talks about how amazing Deborah was. I would 100% have another event here. Vow renewal in a few years??

Sent on 12/19/2016

Kate · Married on 04/30/2016

We had my wedding at the Elks Bass Rocks on 4/30/2016. Everything was absolutely perfect. My husband and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful setting or more attentive service. Deborah is the absolute best. She was very helpful, responsive and professional. Our family and friends haven't stopped talking about how fun and gorgeous our wedding was. Best wedding ever!! I would and do recommend the Elks at Bass Rocks a million times over.

Sent on 01/03/2017

My husband and I love The Elks at Bass Rocks! We had our dream wedding at an unbeatable price. The beauty of the venue is unmatched--ocean view, right down the road from Good Harbor beach! The staff, namely the wedding coordinator Deborah King is fantastic! Deborah knows what she's doing, and made our night go smoothly (from making sure we ate, to encouraging us to take more photos during the "golden hour" of light)! She even packed up all our belongings and helped us tie up all lose ends. If you want an ocean wedding, fun night, and knowledgeable staff--choose THE ELKS. You and your guests will be just as impressed as we are!

Sent on 05/30/2016

The Elks at Bass Rocks's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Sigourney!
    What a doll you are! I can't help but smile when I think of you. I hope the two of you are enjoying married life and all this life has to offer.
    Thanks again ~ Deborah

Maura · Married on 03/12/2016

We are so happy we chose to have our wedding reception at the Elks at Bass Rocks. The oceanfront views were incredible and our guests had an amazing time. The venue easily accommodated our 130 guests comfortably with room for both dancing and socializing. Deborah, the event coordinator, made sure everything went smoothly for us on our wedding day. We dropped off all of our decorations and centerpiece materials the day before and she did such a nice job putting it all together so that we didn't have to. She was very attentive throughout the entire planning process and made me feel confident that there would be no unexpected issues to deal with on the day of the wedding. She thought of everything, even things I didn't think of! I cannot stress enough that this place is a hidden gem in a world of expensive wedding venues and you will not be disappointed if you choose to have your wedding here!

Sent on 03/23/2016

The Elks at Bass Rocks's reply:

It's funny as I read these reviews I remember so much love and happiness that I have witnessed. I have to thank you all for allowing me to share in your special day with you.

I wish you both so much love!
    ~Deborah

The Elks at Bass Rocks was an amazing place to have our wedding ceremony and reception, even in November. Regardless of the season, the view of the ocean is beautiful. The venue is lined with big windows that allow you to feel as though you're outside while still enjoying the indoor comforts. The layout was perfect with a slightly elevated floor to oversee everything and plenty of space. The event director, Deborah King, was amazing during our wedding and ensured that everything went well and smoothly. She was always willing to work with us with whatever we wanted to do and offered really good suggestions. She was on point with everything and easy to communicate with. There's no doubt that our wedding went so well because of her efforts and help. We would definitely recommend this venue for other weddings, no matter the season.

Sent on 12/30/2015

The Elks at Bass Rocks's reply:

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. It humbles me to read the words written here.

I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience and memories to last a life time.

Jon · Married on 11/28/2015

What an outstanding day! The facility is first rate, the view is amazing and enough cannot be said about Deborah who runs the events. Wedding days can be stress filled to say the least, but Deborah has a way of assuring everyone involved that everything will be okay and the result is a wonderful and very memorable occasion. **Highly Recommended**

Sent on 12/31/2015

The Elks at Bass Rocks's reply:

Thank you Jon, for such a nice review. I have such wonderful memories of Candice and Ryan's Wedding and the entire wedding process with them and everyone involved. I have to say what fun I had watching you all and being a part of their special day. Love you all!

Barbara · Married on 10/10/2015

The Elks at Bass Rocks is a Hidden Jewel. Deborah was the most amazing wedding Coordinator, and she helped to make our dream wedding a reality. It could not have been more perfect, from the Outdoor Ceremony with the beautiful Atlantic Ocean as the backdrop, to the amazing photos on the Rocks along the water, to the most amazing wedding reception following the ceremony. Not a detail was missed and Deborah kept the night flowing allowing us to enjoy our special day. Months later our Friends and Family are still taking about our Wedding at the Elks! We would Highly recommend this Wedding Venue!

Barbara and Greg

Sent on 12/30/2015

The Elks at Bass Rocks's reply:

I hope you are both doing well! I really am humbled reading these reviews and reliving the weddings. I have to say that each and every one brings me such joy. Each wedding different and special in it's own way.

The two of you were so nice and easy to work with. I especially remember the fun you all had with the photo booth! Such wonderful memories!

Thanks again & Much love to you both!
  • Jennelle

Jennelle · Married on 10/02/2015

Our wedding at the Elks on October 2nd was absolutely perfect! We worked with Deborah, and we couldn't have been happier with the entire process - her experience in the wedding industry is invaluable! She was available whenever we had a question and always kept our best interests in mind. On the day of the wedding, the weather was absolutely horrible, and Deborah called me first thing in the morning to talk about moving our ceremony inside. I was obviously bummed because the view and ceremony location outside is one of the major reasons we fell in love with this venue - but Deborah assured me it would still be great. In the end, the set up for our ceremony inside was still absolutely beautiful, and being inside made for a much more intimate and cozy experience for everyone. Plus, the waves crashing on the rocks out the window behind us still made for a great view!

We had a very dark/Nightmare Before Christmas-ish theme for our wedding, and we dropped all of our quirky decorations off the day before. Deborah and her staff set everything up perfectly and truly made the place ours! Despite the weather, our wedding day was an absolute dream and a night we'll never forget! I would recommend the Elks in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a beautiful (and affordable!) wedding by the ocean!

Sent on 12/08/2015

The Elks at Bass Rocks's reply:

Yours was a one of a kind Wedding for sure. Beautiful and original! Don't let the theme fool you as she pulled this off with such elegance and class. From the dresses to the decor it was beautiful!

Thank you and the best of luck to you both.

~Deborah

The Elks at Bass Rocks was the perfect venue for our wedding. Deborah took care of everything, and it came out even more beautiful than I imagined. She was right on point with everything and made sure that we had a perfect day. Deborah was wonderful to work with and really knows what she is doing. She truly made our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Jolie · Married on 07/02/2015

The Elks was the perfect venue for our wedding. We are a same-sex couple living in Edmond, OK, and love the town of Gloucester. When we decided to get married, same-sex marriage was not legal in Oklahoma, which didn't really matter because we were determined to get married in Gloucester. Even though we obviously live far away, we were able to send Jolie's mother and aunt there to check it out for us. We communicated frequently with Deborah King, The Elks event coordinator, who helped us book the venue and make all the arrangements. Deborah was extremely professional and eager to assist us, with her number one desire being to help us have the perfect wedding. She also coordinated with our caterer, gave us an itinerary, and stayed in contact with us during our 9 or so months of planning. The weather cooperated perfectly for our outdoor ceremony, and the venue was perfect. Deborah led us through rehearsal the evening before, kept us on task, and did most of the decorating the evening of our wedding. She was always right there when someone needed something, from decorating to photos to the caterers, DJ, guests, dinner, clean up. The venue and view is absolutely beautiful, the people are very kind, the upstairs brides room is super functional. Top that off with the wonderful assistance and personality of Deborah King and it's a must-have venue!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Donna · Married on 06/27/2015

Our wedding was held here in June 2015. The Elks Wedding Coordinator, Deborah, was excellent! At our 8 week out meeting, all my worries were put to bed. Deborah and the caterer (Creative Catering) were pro's and already had answers for my list of questions. They have seen it all, so had lots of advice and tips for us! Most of the correspondence with the Elk's is via email, but Deborah was pretty good about answering the mail. The rehearsal went smoothly - although on the day of the wedding, I don't think anyone was prepared for the high energy level of all the guests! Deborah did a fantastic job, trying to get guests to take their seats so we could start on time - but it was a battle! Dancing started as soon as the first note was played (Band - Brandy) - and it didn't stop all night! Our wedding day was better than I could have ever imagined it to be! Deborah was on top of everything throughout the night (decorating the hall including lights on railings, taking care of late gift cards, keeping track of open bar limits, guests that were having a little bit too much fun, rallying the bridal party for introductions, and probably more that I still don't know about!). I am still getting compliments on the facility and how beautiful it was. You can't beat the ocean view and the pictures we had taken across the street on the rocks are amazing! You may think that a ceremony out front may be distracting with the cars going by - but I really didn't notice it (until one car beeped and congratulated us as we were doing our vows). The one think to know about the Elks is that there is no drinking alcohol outside on the deck. Because it is an Elks, the drinks are less pricier though than a hotel bar would be, which helps with an open bar.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Amy · Married on 04/25/2015

Gorgeous venue, right on the water.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Excellent location and service.. Deborah was a wonderful coordinator. Thank you very much for all your flexibility and assistance. Our day was perfect. Thanks to The Elks and all the vendors that participated on our special day!

Sent on 04/14/2015
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 11/02/2014

I was very pleased with their services. Beautiful place for a wedding.

Sent on 12/06/2014

annie · Married on 11/01/2014

The day of coordinator, Fay, was great. The bartenders were awesome. The venue is lovely and the view is amazing.

Sent on 11/05/2014

The name "Elks"may sound a little generic to most people when they ask where you're reception is but this is not your average Elks Club. The view is unbeatable... not to mention the price. When we looked at the venue we didn't even have to think twice.
    We had 148 guests attend... buffet style dinner, a ton of dancing and amazing pictures in the front yard. Everyone was so impressed by the view. At first, I was a little annoyed that you have to choose from their list of approved vendors but now I see why. They have a high standard for catering services, we chose to work with Vinwood. Everyone was so full and satisfied I didn't even think we would be able to dance... but we did.
    The wedding coordinator we worked with was Deborah. She was spot on with everything we wanted and I really felt like I could trust her with my decorations and set up. I was blown away when I walked in. I have zero negative comments to add to my review of this venue.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Maggie · Married on 08/10/2014

This was the PERFECT venue for a beach lover like myself! Beautiful, breath-taking views and the vendors are amazing! Couldnt have asked for a better venue and our guests loved it too!

Sent on 08/13/2014
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 08/08/2014

I recently held my wedding at the Elks at Bass Rocks, Gloucester. Even though the coordinator changed after we signed the contract, I was extremely satisfied with my experience. The coordinator, Bronwen, was professional, responsive and organized.

The day of coordinator, Faye, did an outstanding job. She was easy to talk to and worked well with my other vendors. She was there whenever I needed her but never obtrusive or in the way.

My day went off without a hitch and I credit both of these women.

As far as the venue, I don't believe you can get a better deal than here. We did the ceremony as well as the reception here. There is plenty of parking, the views are amazing, and the room is both gorgeous as well as neutral enough to go with any décor. I highly recommend the Elks at Bass Rocks!

Sent on 08/16/2014

Dave & Laurie · Married on 06/28/2014

Bronwen Mckenzie was outstanding in her efforts to make our daughter Stephanie wedding what the grooms father referred to as the wedding of the century. It was truly amazing and it was due to her ability to make sure every detail was followed. We had a lot of requests for detail and she made sure every one of them was executed perfectly. The setting was tremendous as we had the wedding ceremony performed on the lawn and every aspect of the ceremony and the reception was professionally mastered by Bron. We thank-you for being such a professional and articulate coordinator. We thank the ELKS for providing such a gorgeous setting.
    THANKS SO MUCH BRON
    Dave and Laurie Mollica

Sent on 07/08/2014

Beautiful venue by the ocean... We were amazed at the attention to detail the event director had for us. Everything turned out excellent!! What a hidden gem!

Sent on 10/27/2013

Kate · Married on 09/21/2013

This is an absolutely wonderful place to get married! Book it without hesitation! The Event Director Stacey will help guide you from start to finish, she is creative, very organized and enthusiastic and will stay on site also through the entire wedding night. The location on Bass Rocks is perfect. The banquet room has windows all along the front wall. Everything is newly painted. Parking is very easy! It's handicapped accessible also. I can't imagine a more perfect venue. We did the wedding outside on the lawn and we had an onsite rehearsal with Stacey the week earlier to go through it. This is a full-service event venue, at a very reasonable price, and you'll have the chance to meet great event staff! Kate and Tim

Sent on 09/30/2013

Diane · Married on 09/21/2013

All brides wanting a perfect and reasonably priced wedding ceremony and reception should seriously consider The Elks at Bass Rocks! My daughter was married there on 9/21/2013 and there is absolutely nothing at all that we would have changed. STACEY DEXTER is an outstanding and amazing event manager and no one would need a wedding planner if they reserved their reception at this venue because of her professionalism and attention to detail.

Cocktail hour prices were very, very reasonable and the event space was perfect for our group of 130. Stacey worked closely with our friends who had created unusual centerpieces that involved a bit more work for the Elks servers than is customary. Although we were a bit late in delivering needed items for the reception, Stacey remained very calm and helpful so that everything was ready on time. Any question that I had concerning time management of the event was an issue that Stacey had already addressed. She was so "on top of" things, that a last-minute decision to have a friend videotape the wedding led to that friend being closely questioned by Stacey to insure that he had been legitimately hired by my daughter. She knows at all times what the engaged couple expects to see at their wedding and she insures that they are happy! My husband and I cannot even find words that adequately convey how pleased we were with the entire event.

The venue is beautiful and the location is quite impressive: nine tables are located along the wall with wide windows overlooking the ocean. Also, the event space is well-divided so that there is plenty of room for dancing as well as room between the tables for everyone to mingle. Stacey worked very well with our band and caterer so that everything was perfect. Thanks, Stacey, for making my daughter's wedding even more wonderful than I could have ever imagined!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Deirdra · Married on 09/01/2013

This is a beautiful spot to get married! Stacey, the Event Director, is amazing! She is very organized, professional and is on top of everything. We had the ceremony outside on the lawn. It was perfect for our smaller wedding, although I think it would accomodate a larger wedding as well. Everyone commented on how beautiful the venue was!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Regina · Married on 08/31/2013

Stacy the event director was amazing. Everything went as planned and was a awesome time. Nothing but great reviews from my friends and family. Would recommend this venue highly.

Sent on 09/18/2013

Candice · Married on 08/30/2013

Stacey was great to work with! She is professional and very helpful.

Sent on 09/04/2013