The Dress Reviews

64 Reviews for The Dress

1 User photo

The Dress 1

Lauren · Married on 04/08/2017

The dresses and services provided met all of my expectations and more. I would recommend everyone that's looking for a bridal gown come try "The Dress". I will definitely send all my friends and family here!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Christine · Married on 03/18/2017

I absolutely loved my time with Julia at The Dress! The gowns were beautiful, and I am so happy I found my wedding dress. I didn't feel pressured at all, and Julia was great to work with!

Sent on 07/13/2016

The Dress's reply:

Thank you Christine! You were a true pleasure to work with!! You will be a gorgeous bride!!

Heather · Married on 12/10/2016

So nice to have one on one time to pick out the perfect dress!! Everyone there was so helpful when it came to finding "the dress". Thanks again!!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Denae · Married on 11/12/2016

My shopping experience at The Dress was beyond expectations. The shop is decorated beautifully and the moment you walk in you feel special and comfortable. The dresses are amazing and such GREAT prices!! I had no idea what type of dress I wanted but Julia took the time to find out about me and what style/theme wedding and her suggestions blew me away. I am so glad my ONE and ONLY wedding dress shopping experience was at The Dress! I found my dream designer couture gown in under an hour with the best personal service a bride could ask for!! Dont waste your time at the bigger stores --- go see Julia and her amazing mom for a beautiful dress and an wonderful experience!

Sent on 07/20/2016

The Dress's reply:

Thank you, Denae, for your sweet words. We just knew the gown you picked was THE dress when we saw tears in your eyes. It's the perfect gown for the perfect bride! So excited for you!

Kelsey · Married on 11/05/2016

The Dress was the first place I visited looking for a wedding gown. I was able to get an appointment the same day and wasn't pressured into buying my perfect dress! They allowed me all the space and time I needed to say "yes to the dress" ! Throughout my visit they were extremely patient and made sure I was completely satisfied with my gown. This is a very professional and affordable boutique !

Sent on 07/24/2016

The Dress's reply:

Thank you , Kelsey! No need to try on dozens of dresses when you found the PERFECT one at your first stop! You looked fantastic in the gown. You will be a gorgeous bride!! Congrats!!

Misty · Married on 10/22/2016

I had the best dress buying experience here. The Dress was the first store I had gone to and I ended up buying the second dress I tried on. It is truly the gown I have always dreamed of and the price was a huge bonus! So reasonable. I left feeling like I made a responsible purchase and still got exactly what I wanted. Julia provides one on one attention that you just can't get at bigger stores. Could not be happier.

Sent on 04/03/2016
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/01/2016

We had a delightful experience with her. I found my wedding dress on my first visit there, and the price was 1/3 of what it should have been. It had never been worn and she also had the perfect jewelry and veil to match. I would definitely recommend looking here before going to a place where you'll have to pay full price!

Sent on 10/28/2016

The Dress is a great, stress-fee environment to find your perfect dress! I haven't lost my weight yet for the wedding so I was nervous about trying on dresses and if anything would even look good on me. Even though I had no idea what style dress would look good on me, they were so patient and let me try on many, many dresses! I ended up with a dress TOTALLY different than I thought I would get, but I love it!

Sent on 05/14/2015
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 09/05/2015

I found my dress at The Dress! I was disappointed with the selection of other shops after trying on over 20 dresses. I stumbled upon this shop with my sister and we found the dress. They were helpful and friendly, we felt very much at home. It was just a great experience and I HIGHLY recommend this shop. They were very accommodating. I can't say enough positive things about shopping here.

I did get my dress there in 2011, even though I am getting married Sept. 2014.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Angie · Married on 08/01/2015

I went to a couple of stores before I found The Dress. Nothing was going right. I am new to South Carolina so my entire family and friends were all back home in Texas so I had to shop for a dress by myself. I honestly didn't see a problem with it. But the other stores that I went to I got a feeling that I was an outcast.. A friend at work suggested I try The Dress in Mauldin. They do not have a huge selection so at first I was skeptical that I would find the perfect dress there. However I ended up pulling almost half the store because I fell in love with so many. The lady in the store was very helpful in helping me find the dress that fit my body type. She didn't make me feel like an outcast because I didn't have an entourage like many people do today. She actually made me feel at home. I found the perfect dress that I had always dreamed of and for half the cost of what I planned on spending!

Sent on 09/24/2015

DeAnna · Married on 05/30/2015

This was the one and only place I tried on wedding dresses! They have a large selection of sample designer gowns that are absolutely gorgeous! I ended up going with the very first dress I tried on. It was a one stop shop and I got my veil, earrings and dress for less than the retail price of my gown! The consultants were very friendly and made the experience of wedding dress shopping a perfect memory for me!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Bethany · Married on 05/23/2015

Being a very budget conscious bride, I decided to try to find a dress here before going to David's bridal. I tried on 3 dresses before I tried on THE ONE. It was gorgeous, not the style I was expecting, but I fell in love and I had SO many compliments! Even from my Grandmother and she is so hard to please. The dress I ended up with had never been worn before and was about $600 cheaper than the original price. Overall, I was SO happy with The Dress and would recommend everyone try to find their dress there first!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Katie · Married on 05/16/2015

The Dress, in Mauldin, is FABULOUS. I loved my dress and got so many compliments on it. Top notch quality gown at a great price. The employees are so sweet and helpful!

Sent on 05/27/2015

The owners of The Dress were incredibly helpful in my search for a beautiful and affordable wedding dress! I loved my experience shopping there, and I found an amazing dress at an unbelievably affordable price! The owners spent lots of time personally helping me and giving suggestions on alterations, hairstyles, and veils. Their experience matches any designer dress store, and their warmth and hospitality are unmatched. I had a great time there, and I would highly recommend this store to any of my friends.

Sent on 11/13/2014

I loved my experience in this store. The selection is small, but they have great options to choose from, and the staff are friendly and super helpful. I had a little bit of a drive to get there, but it was well worth it!

Sent on 12/27/2014

Catherine · Married on 10/18/2014

I love The Dress. They were helpful and honest when it came to helping me find my dream wedding dress! Give them a chance if you are looking for a wedding dress or accessories! It's the first place I have sent my newly engaged friends! :)

Sent on 10/21/2014

Nyssa · Married on 09/27/2014

This shop is Great small not too overwhelming!! Beautiful designer dresses for a Great price. The service was awesome my appointment was just me and my family in the shop so that was nice also. I wish they had more shoes but no biggie. This was the first place I went and found the perfect dress on the first try. ( i still tried on about 10 dresses ) Julia was a good sport about me being in decisive. We will be bookin my furure sis in law a appointment soon!! Thank you to The Dress for helping me find the perfect dress for my day.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Joanna · Married on 06/07/2014

Everyone at The Dress was wonderful and very helpful. I was a walk in, and they took me in with open arms, and made me feel like a princess. The first dress I tried on was "the dress". The staff was amazing, and I was in tears in "my" dress by the end of the visit.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2013

The ladies at The Dress helped me find a beautiful designer wedding gown for a great price! They expressed their opinion of how they thought the dress looked in a professional manner. They even helped with choosing the jewelry and veil and recommended a great seamstress for alterations. I was so pleased to get a beautiful dress at an affordable price. They have a great selection for all sizes.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Samantha · Married on 09/14/2013

I LOVED these girls!!! Absolutely no pressure walking in... They knew I was on a budget and totally provided me with what I asked for!!! I found my DREAM DRESS after trying on just 2 others!!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Sent on 12/02/2013

Veronica · Married on 08/09/2013

Why buy an overpriced new gown when you can buy one that is almost new for much less? If you are a like-minded bride, you will love this store. The dresses were clean, clean, clean. No makeup, no odor. My ceremony dress, an Eve of Milady (originally $3500) was in perfect condition including the exquisite beading and I got it for less than $1000! That left room in the budget for another few dresses I found at The Dress that were more along the lines of cocktail attire, but still bridal. I wore all three on my wedding day and they were a big hit! The woman who helped me at The Dress was patient, kind, and honest. I appreciated her demeanor during those difficult decisions. Worth the trip if you live around South Carolina and even if you don't. I came all the way from FL!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Wonderful service, beautiful dresses! They made my experience looking for that perfect dress so enjoyable, and I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 03/13/2013
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 02/09/2013

I honestly can't say enough good things about the ladies at The Dress in Mauldin! From the day I got engaged, less than 2 months before the actual wedding, I knew The Dress was where I wanted to get my dress for the special day. A few of my married friends had recommended it, but I had accompanied one friend in particular during her dress search, and her experience at The Dress was all I needed to convince me. And when I went to the store to start what I thought might be a lengthy search for a dress, my experience was just as good, if not better. The ladies there are SO sweet, almost like aunties, not to mention super knowledgeable & full of creative ideas to help make your dress truly YOURS for your wedding day. And they genuinely care about each & every one of their brides. With their expert guidance, I knew I had found "the dress" after trying on only 5, and everyone in my entourage agreed wholeheartedly. I was SO relieved that the process had gone smoothly & I knew I had found a dress that would make me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world on my wedding day. Sure enough, when that day came, a few months later, I got all the "oohs" and "aahs" I had hoped for, including some especially sweet words from my husband that I'll never forget.

Sent on 05/01/2013

I visited 2 dress shops to find my wedding dress and hated it- Theconsultants wouldn't listen to what I wanted and were pushy and kept giving me dresses that were far beyond my price range.
    I decided to drive out of the way for The Dress as a final attempt that day and they were so pleasant! They showed me where the dresses were, helped me try them on and gave me their honest opinions. I found my dress in 15 minutes. The dress I got was perfect, nothing was wrong with it and it was much cheaper than anything I saw before. My husband LOVED it, my mom was beyond pleased with the veil they picked out. I love The Dress and would recommend anyone to try it out before you wear yourself out at other shops!

Sent on 12/27/2012

Katherine · Married on 10/27/2012

If you are looking for the a beautiful unique dress and a peaceful dress shopping experience, this is the best place! Julia was honest and understanding and excellent at what she does while being delightful to talk to. I highly recommend The Dress.

Sent on 12/08/2012