The Dress Bridal Boutique Reviews

The Dress Bridal Boutique 5
The Dress Bridal Boutique 6
The Dress Bridal Boutique 7

Ashley · Married on 03/18/2011

I loved this store! Sara, the owner, was helpful, organized, friendly, fun and knowledgeable. Her store is clean and easy to navigate through and she has a good variety of dresses to choose from.

Sent on 03/28/2011

Michelle · Married on 11/06/2010

I have been to over 10 different places looking for my "dream dress" with absolutely no luck, so I’m a veteran of wedding dress shopping. I have experienced everything from not having any help at all, to pushy women who were snotty with me after I didn’t want to buy a dress I wasn’t in love with!

I could not be happier with the experience I had at The Dress Boutique. I called ahead about a dress I saw online, and it was ready for me to try on when I arrived. I also saw a few others I wanted to give a shot when I browsed through the store. I loved her selection of dresses. I ended up going to the shop on my own, so I could have a clear mind of what I wanted. Sarah, the owner of the shop, was not only professional, but also SO helpful. It was the perfect outsiders perspective I needed, without being pushy…every bride’s dream!

I honestly can’t say enough good things about this shop. The look of it is very modern and clean, and I loved the one-on-one, no pressure assistance from the owner of the shop. I would recommend this shop to ANY bride. My biggest regret is not going here first and saving myself time and frustration!

Sent on 11/17/2010

I purchased my wedding dress and fell in love immediately. The girls there are so polite and friendly and seem just as excited about your day as you are. They let me try on as many dresses as I wanted, they did not seem in any rush to get me out the door and move on to the second bride-to-be. They were also great in suggesting accessories to go with the dress as well. They are a little costly but I found what I wanted and was very happy with my choice.

Sent on 11/08/2015

The Dress Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! It means so much to us to help our clients find a fabulous wedding gown and love the entire process! We are sure you are enjoying your happy marriage and hope you have many many many years of wedded bliss!!

Judy · Married on 09/29/2012

Had a great experience shopping for my dress. Brittany (no longer there) was an absolute dream to work with. She definitely helped me in making my mind about my dress when I was torn between two dresses and color selection. I loved how I didn't feel forced to purchase a dress like at other stores. It was a nice touch to see on their wall a congratulations message to all their September brides when I came to pick up my dress. It's such a cute boutique and would highly recommend shopping here.

Sent on 10/26/2012

The Dress Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you Judy for your review! We greatly appreciate your kind words! We miss Brittany so much, but she is loving her new position. ;-). Thank you again Judy and we wish you and your new Hubby many many happy years! - The Dress

Claire · Married on 07/21/2012

The owner and woman in charge of alterations were phenominal. They helped me find my wedding dress even with my broken leg. Sara's selection was unique and beautiful. I was more than please to support a local business when buying my wedding dress and they were perfect in every way!

Sent on 10/29/2012

The Dress Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much Claire for your great review! We are so happy that you were happy with your experience with us and sure you made a beautiful bride! Happy marriage to you and your hubby! -The Dress

Angela · Married on 09/03/2011

I had the absolute BEST experience at The Dress! Sara and her team were so friendly and helpful throughout my entire experience. I had previously visited Catan's which I found to be overwhelming and not a personable experience so was delighted when I found The Dress. I was impressed with her selection of dresses and found mine right away! I am sad that my wedding is over since I have no reason to buy anything from her again!

Sent on 11/11/2011

Kat · Married on 07/16/2011

The best dress shopping experience I had!! The owner is kind, knowledgeable, patient & loves what she does. Don't waste time going anywhere else, you will find your dress here :)

Sent on 08/09/2011
  • O

Erica · Married on 09/05/2010

After my mother offered a brief description of what I had been looking for, the owner, Sarah, pulled a dress off the rack that I had passed over but *loved* when I put it on (with the pockets I wanted!) She was very helpful to my mother and I, calling the designer to check on delivery times, patiently answering our questions and later contacting me with an offer to sell me the dress I tried off the rack because time was tight.

I live far from my family now and I really appreciated the opportunity to indulge my bridal fantasies, including bringing my grandmother, aunt and cousin along for a second consultation - it was such a pleasure to be able to include the women in my family in the experience, having done most of my looking on my own to that point. my grandmother wrote to me afterwards, "It was an honor to be invited to the Bridal Shop to view your wedding gown choices. Thank you so much for including me...I've never been in a bridal shop before!" Sarah provided excellent customer service and I also love the inside of her shop - wood floors, exposed brick and a lovely stained glass window provide a perfect setting for her gorgeous selection of dresses.

Sent on 09/07/2010

The Dress Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am sure your day was beautiful and you and your new Hubby are enjoying the new married life!! Again thank you, it means a whole lot!!!

I am sad to say I didn't find my dream dress at this shop, but I loved my experience there so much that I absolutely encourage all brides to be to shop here for your dress! Sara and her staff are wonderful and make your entire shopping experience so fun and exciting with lots of laughs - just how it should be! My friend found her dress here and raved about how great her experience was from start to finish! Make sure you try here before some of the awful shops in northern Ohio- you will be so glad you did! I so wish I could have given them my business but I just happened to find my perfect dress elsewhere :(

Sent on 08/04/2013

The Dress Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! As we wish we could help every bride find their dream gown we just don't carry every gown out there!! ;-) Hahaha, we are sooooo happy for you that you did find your gown and wish you nothing but the best! Congrats! ~The Dress

Great experience with Sarah in picking out my dress!! She made me feel comfortable and did not push me to buy anything. My Mikaella dress turned out absolutely beautiful. Only negative - her measurements of me placed me in between sizes and she recommended going with the bigger one. I didn't lose any weight but still had to have the dress altered down a size and a half.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Allyson · Married on 05/19/2012

The Dress Boutique was amazing, so helpful!! They were very patient with me, always answering my questions and taking the time to make sure I was happy and satisfied. I have already told many of my friends about this store and the employees!!!

Sent on 07/01/2012

Kate · Married on 09/15/2011

Mikaella Gowns

I chose this salon because I was searching for a very specific brand of dress that was only available three places in Ohio. The Dress Bridal Boutique was the closest location and I'm very glad it was. The owner Sara was a great sales person and was very patient with me coming back to decide between two dresses with my party of 12 in a one room salon. She had a lot of dresses to choose from and could get a dress from other locations if needed. The prices were also a lot lower then other places I looked. The Dress has a very homey atmosphere and it was a great place to buy my dress.

Sent on 10/18/2011
  • W

Melissa · Married on 08/20/2011

They did an incredible job from start to finish and made this entire experience very memorable for me. Thank you!!

Sent on 09/09/2011

Renee · Married on 08/20/2011

I was a little nervous about going to a small dress shop to find a wedding dress. As soon as we arrived, Sara was GREAT!!!! Not only did I find my PERFECT dress, my daughters found bridesmaid dresses also. Sara was on top of everything the whole time. I never once worried about the dresses. Also, Kelly who did our alterations was great.... She even came to our home for fittings and fixed a part of my dress on the spot!!!! Thank You Ladies So Much!!!!

Sent on 09/10/2011

Kelly · Married on 06/11/2011

I was thrilled with my dress from The Dress Bridal Boutique. Sara was extremely responsive and accomodating with scheduling appointments. Her dress collection is fabulous and very reasonably priced. I would highly recommend visiting her boutique.

Sent on 07/08/2011

M · Married on 06/22/2012

Could not have had a better experience - I actually really liked the romantic feel to the boutique, and that there was always someone on staff there that I recognized. Everyone was always very kind, and I had so much fun trying on all of the gorgeous gowns. As far as bridal gown shopping, you won't find another place like this.

Sent on 10/28/2012

The Dress Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! We wish you and your new hubby the very best! -The Dress

Laura · Married on 08/04/2018

I loved the selection of gowns at The Dress. I loved Essence of Australia and they had the one! They also had my recommended size in stock and were easy to communicate with throughout the whole process of scheduling, trying, buying, and shipping! Not to mention the boutique is very charming, homey, and friendly yet elegant. They really make you feel good shopping there.

Sent on 10/06/2018
    The Dress Bridal Boutique 8

The Dress Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you so very much Laura for taking the time to review us and show us some love! We greatly appreciate it and are so happy for you, we cannot wait to see more photos too! Thanks again and much love! ~The Dress Gals

I found the perfect dress in an adorable atmosphere! thank you!

Sent on 11/10/2015

The Dress Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We wish you all the very best!! ~The Dress Gals

3.5

PHENOMENAL! The ladies at The Dress are fantastic! They really love to help their brides and will go to all extremes to make sure each and every bride is happy and that they have found the perfect dress for their big day!

Sent on 08/14/2015

The Dress Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! It truly means a lot to receive a review! We strive to make every Bride happy and love their experience. All our best! The Dress Gals

Jennifer · Married on 06/23/2013

I visited the Dress Bridal Boutique in my search for the perfect wedding dress. The consultant I worked with was helpful and friendly and listened to what my desires were in a dress. I just found the atmosphere to be a bit dark and uninviting. That might have changed since I was there back in 2012. They had some good quality dresses but not a large selection to choose from. I walked away from there feeling disappointed but then I found my dream dress at another bridal salon. The Dress wasn't for me but I'm sure it will be perfect for other brides.

Sent on 12/15/2015

The Dress Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you for your review. We hope married life is treating you well. :-)

4.2
      3.5
      3.0

My wedding dress experience was amazing! I got the dress of my dreams for an affordable price and the experience was classy and amazing!

When I went back with my bridesmaids to pick out their dresses, I wasn't as thrilled. I brought a color swatch of the shade I was going for, and when the dress I had liked didn't come in that color, I felt pressured into getting them anyway because the woman said "oh honey, those are close enough". I had made appointments both times that I came in, but when someone walked in from the street, there was no attention on my party any longer but rather helping this other lone person try on a few dresses. I was disappointed, but would return again and suggest them to a friend because I was so happy with my wedding dress.

Sent on 03/24/2015

The Dress Bridal Boutique's reply:

Hello there! I want to first thank you for your review. I am sorry that your experience with purchasing your maids dresses was not up to your or our standards. We never wish to pressure anyone in to getting just anything. We are here to help and want everything to be perfect for you. We strive to make every experience in our boutique unforgettable and are very happy that you still wish to recommend us. We will continue to learn and grow from your review and to make sure our mistakes never happen again. We wish you the very very best with your marriage and thank you for being a client!

Anna · Married on 09/02/2017

4.2
      3.0

I had a wonderful experience at The Dress! The staff was always warm, friendly, polite, and welcoming. I took advantage of an Essense of Australia trunk show and purchased my dress a year in advance. The only reason I cannot give this review a 5 is there was a miscommunication about when my dress would arrive. Got married in Sept 2017, purchased the dress in Sept 2016, and was told the dress would arrive at the shop until December or January. I called on Feb 1st because I had not heard from the shop yet. The woman on the phone was very helpful and asked if I had paid for express shipping, which I did not. It turns out that I should not have been told Dec/Jan and that my dress would arrive in April. Again, this was not a problem, because I still had plenty of time to get the dress altered. Then the dress arrived in early March. Again, timing not being an issue, I just can't give a perfect score because of the miscommunication. I would absolutely recommend this shop to anyone. Also, be sure to arrive to appointments early because only street parking is available and there are usually events going on in Medina Square.

Sent on 09/23/2017

The Dress Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much Anna for writing this review! It is so helpful to help us learn and grow. Please know that!! We have now made a standard communication to our brides to be prepared for their gown to arrive 5-7 months from the time of purchase. We hope this has streamlined things and communication with our clients. Thanks to you for helping us make positive and more constructive changes to improve our clients experience with us! Congrats to you and the new Hubby and we wish you all the best! Be sure to send us pictures!!! XOXO ~ The Dress Gals

Brianna · Getting married on 10/12/2019

2.2

Stressed Me Out

I went into this boutique to possibly find my wedding dress. To even make an appt to look at dresses you had to put down a $50 deposit that you get back as long as you show up. We arrived on time to the appt and were taken back about 30 minutes late. They did apologize and my group was understanding that stuff happens. We started trying on dresses and I thought I found "the one". So we went up front to order the dress. It was clearly closing time and we had not even been there that long. Most of the lights were off, the music was off and there was only us and the two girls working there. We ordered the dress and I had to put down a deposit of half of the total. I had showed the dress to family and friends and just decided I was not truly in love with it and it just wasn't right for me. So two days later I called the store to cancel the order. I was told that the money was not refundable and the order could not be cancelled because I was in a contract with the dress and the dress is in contract with the designer. So I called and spoke to the owner and I she went in circles about the store policy and dress designer policy and said the money was non refundable. We ended the conversation with her saying she would look into contacting the designer and seeing if she could cancel the order and she would get back to me in the next day or so. In the mean time I took it upon myself to email the dress designer to find out that the order can be cancelled if she were to call them and they do not dictate the stores policy in any way. I also found out that the Fair Credit Billing Act ensures that there are laws in place to protect credit card customers. There is a Buyer’s Remorse Cooling-Off Rule that basically says I can get a refund regardless of store policy within three business days. I was with in this time frame. I waited for a phone call from the owner and finally received an email. The email stated that she no longer wanted me as a client and I disrespected her and her business. She will refund some of my deposit and cancel my order. She is keeping $125 for a commission she already paid out. I am not happy with the way this situation was handled at all. From the start it could have been very easy to resolve if she would have just called the designer, cancelled the order and refunded my deposit. Instead she was very difficult and tried to keep some of my hard earned money for no reason. I did not receive a product, the order was cancelled (if it was ever even placed by the time I called), and she lost nothing. I get that business needs to make money, but I think there's something to be said for having good customer service and caring about your customers. I've never had a bad customer service experience like this and I've never had anyone try to keep my money for no reason when I received nothing in return. Makes me sad that this wasn't handled better.

Sent on 04/05/2019

The Dress Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you for sharing your input on this matter. As with everything, there are two side to every story. We continue to uphold our 5 star rating with excellent customer service and happy clients. We wish you and your Fiance many years of happiness!

Brittany · Married on 08/17/2018

2.0
      2.0
      1.5

I purchased my dress from The Dress in Medina after a friend referred me. The boutique itself is beautiful and the staff was very sweet and helpful when I went. I ended up settling on a dress that only came in ivory/off white. I had tried on a bunch of dresses and found that the "blush" color was really what worked best with my skin tone. So- we discovered that we could do a "custom" dress for $200 extra. Which meant i could get that dress, in my color I wanted! I was so excited to see how the finished product was going to look. We went over what we would be changing (not just the skirt but the bodice as well) and how everything would look when it was done. They even referenced the other dress which was the color I wanted to make sure they got a match. I paid my deposit and was off. 6 months later when I came back to pick it up, it was NOTHING like we had talked about. The bodice color had not changed at all, only the skirt. But- the skirt was not "blush", it was more of an off-beige champagne color. I told the girl what we had discussed and she was going to see if she could get "cups" in the right color that my seamstress could just slip into the dress- but that was not what we had said we were going to do. We were changing it all. When I took the dress to the seamstress, who also sells wedding dresses in her boutique (wish I would have know that before) I saw just how off the color was from what it was supposed to be, She carried all different dresses in a blush color, and then many others in champagne. My dress didn't look like either of those colors.. In fact, my shoes that I ordered are champagne and they're far prettier in color than this dull beige layer in my dress. So I called The Dress. I wasn't rude, I was very polite and just let them know that I was unhappy. The girl said someone would call me back- 2 months later I have yet to hear anything. So my "custom" dress cost me $3200 dollars and it's actually nothing like what I wanted.

Sent on 08/10/2018

The Dress Bridal Boutique's reply:

Hello there Brittany, first off we are so sorry you feel we did not deliver the dress you wanted. That is never our intention. With your designer, yes, the custom was able to be done and the Moscato (which is a champagne color with a pink-ish tint that we showed you on the sample we brought to your room) color was able to be substituted on your gown. I am sorry it was not the color you thought it to be, With every designer, a "blush" color will vary. It was never our intention to have it not blush enough. Because your gown is not technically lined on the bodice, as shown on the sample gown, it was then not lined when it came in. We have your order to only change the color of the lining of your skirt. We unfortunately cannot change the color of the cups, those come standard with the dress, no matter the color of the dress. For the cups, we too could only get what the designer had available in another color option, which were a darker tone as opposed to the ivory. I am sorry you never received a call back, we communicated with you a month ago with the cups being available and it was not brought to our attention your dissatisfaction. Again, never did we want to order you a gown you didn't love. The ordering of a custom can be a hard thing but again we never wanted you to not love your gown. We are truly sorry about that, but wish you the best and hope you have a wonderful wedding day.

Heather · Married on 07/12/2015

0.0

I was very disappointed with my experience at The Dress. I made my appointment several weeks in advance and was really looking forward to it as the store received glowing reviews and appeared to have a nice selection of dresses. My appointment was not what I expected. The sales woman was pushy and made me feel like I was wasting her time. I left feeling like I had wasted a day of dress shopping and was very discouraged. I won't be returning and would never recommend this store.

Sent on 10/12/2014

The Dress Bridal Boutique's reply:

Hello Heather, I am sorry you feel we did not give you the top notch service we have given all our customers in our past five years of business. Your review is appreciated so that we can know what we can do better to make our service flawless for our clients. We will take your review and learn from it. We wish you nothing but the best! The Dress Gals