The Douglas Beach House Reviews

2 | Half Moon Bay, CA

2 Reviews for The Douglas Beach House

Claudia · Married on 10/12/2008

My husband and I had our wedding reception here in 2008 and it was a fantastic experience. We could have everything how we wanted it. We brought in a band recommended by Pete Douglas and they were so great. Our caterer and bartender were very happy working with the staff. The location is gorgeous alongside the beach. My guests enjoyed having the flexibilty of being inside or outside.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Joanne · Married on 10/07/2017

3.5

What a wonderful team to work with! I couldn't have asked for a better venue and caterer to work with for the big day. Joy is absolutely wonderful to work with, and she and her team were very accommodating of our friend's homemade cake, us coming in the day before to decorate and even helping out, and our budget restraints. The food was so amazing I'm still craving the dishes; guests said this was the best wedding food they've ever had before. While it was a little pricier than other caterers, the service and quality of food and the team made it worth it in the end.

Our only slight concern before the day was the size and layout of the venue, as some family members thought it was a little small and dark for a wedding reception. Turns out these were no concerns in the end as it was plenty bright for our afternoon reception and had plenty of room to accommodate 90 people. It turned out beautifully in photos too.

Overall an incredible team to work with, and the view of the ocean will make your day a beautiful one. Can't recommend highly enough.

Sent on 10/20/2017