The Doss Heritage and Culture Center Reviews

Weatherford, TX
Rating 4.9 out of 5, 7 Reviews
View more information

Kim Married on 02/03/2017
    Everyone at the facility did a great job. I'd specifically like to thank Rachel and the two women who worked with her to steam our tablecloths and set up for us the night before our event. They worked late into the evening, and did a wonderful job besides. I also enjoyed working with Nicki.
    Elizabeth Married on 09/27/2016
    Rachel was the Best!! We needed to upgrade technology services to read our laptop and they worked a good solid hour to make sure it was ready for our presentation. They always go over and above!!
  • Hannah
    Hannah Married on 10/17/2015
    We are so pleased with the Doss center! We booked over a year before our wedding after looking at just a few venues. We knew this was the right place for us because of the gorgeous outdoor space, perfect sized reception hall, and the option to choose our own caterer and bring our own alcohol and bartenders. (HUGE money saver!!) Not only is the space beautiful, Ciara the event coordinator was excellent to work with. She answered all of our questions, met with us, cleared up the mess her predecessor left, and made sure each detail of our wedding day went off flawlessly. The options here are so much more open which allowed us to save a lot of time and money. We had our ceremony, reception and also our rehearsal dinner here which was amazing! We were able to bring in our own food and drinks and also got to bring all of the decorations over for the next day. The only downsides to this place are that you have to rent a dance floor and there is only one space to get ready (a meeting room downstairs) but I would absolutely not let that keep you from booking if you are interested! You cannot beat their prices for the venue and the customer service! I wish I could share some of our pictures because this truly fit every thing we hoped for.
  • Gabi
    Gabi Married on 05/24/2015
    The Doss was absolutely wonderful to work with! First of all their prices were thousands of dollars less than the other venues that I looked at and what you got for your money was much better than all of the other options! They were always more than willing to let my family, wedding planner, etc. come in and look at the venue which I really appreciated. Also, you got the whole building for the day, not just one room which was very nice. The staff were also very accommodating and nothing but a pleasure to work with. Finally, I had to move my wedding inside at the last minute because of the weather and they were very helpful with that switch. If you have the opportunity to work with this venue I would absolutely do it!
    Kristy Married on 11/09/2013
    The venue and the staff were absolutely amazing! Jackie was super helpful, re assuring and very professional and pretty much available at any needed time day or night!! I would totally recommend these place to anyone looking for that down home simple yet beautiful venue!
    Lee Married on 07/22/2012
    The Doss Center was beautiful and perfect for both wedding and reception. We were allowed ample time and cheerful help with set up and tear down. The staff was available and accommodating with everything from scissors to amusing the kids. At the last minute, I realized that I needed an easel to display artwork. They offered exactly what I needed. Guests were extremely complimentary about the location for this event. I would highly recommend the Doss Center and staff for a wedding ceremony and reception venue.
  • User2033842 2+ years ago
    The people at Doss Heritage Center are very friendly and willing to work with my very tight budget. They gave us a discount if we were out by 9pm which worked well for my afternoon wedding and they will hang the lights from the ceiling for you for a small charge.

The banquet hall space is beautiful and was perfect for my wedding of 120 people. They have a wonderful buffet bar for the meal and a wall of windows that is perfect for the head table and doesn't need any decoration behind it. The floors are carpet so a dance floor may be necessary if you want your guests to dance a lot.

They were sometimes a little slow to get back to me and the day of coordinator was switched on me last minute but everything went smoothly with the vendor and they even let me set up the day before free of charge because nobody was using it that day!

They were really fantastic!