The DJ Crew Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Kayla H. Married on 02/08/2022

Absolutely amazing service!

We, like many others, had to postpone our wedding due to COVID-19. John has been so responsive and set us up for our new date immediately, no questions asked. He has been so lovely to work with, and turned a nightmare into a lovely, happy experience! We are so grateful for all they have done so far, and truly cannot wait to have them as part of our wedding celebration in 2021.
  • Callie
    Callie F. Married on 11/27/2021

Excellent, couldn’t be happier!

I highly recommend this company! They were so attentive and organized all the way leading up to the wedding. They stuck to our timeline and had great communication with no errors at all! They have a nice account where you can organize all your wedding songs etc. Hire them, you won’t regret it.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie H. Married on 10/30/2021

Amazing!

We had the absolute best time at our wedding with Josh as the DJ. He played everything we had previously requested and did such a wonderful job of monitoring the vibe to keep the party going! I can’t even count the number of wedding guests who came up to me and said Josh was the best DJ they’ve ever had at a wedding. He was able to please all age groups and kept the dance floor packed the entire night. If you want a party, ask for Josh!!
    Alicia P. Married on 10/08/2021

Beyond Expectation!!

The DJ Crew blew us away! When talking to John, before the wedding, he gave me his spiel over the phone and I could picture it on our big day. I was sold. Then, at our wedding, he did exactly what he promised. He hyped the crowd up, he hyped our bridal party up, and he gave everyone a GREAT time. Not only did he ensure everyone had fun in the middle of the craziness of 2020, he was more than a DJ. I had a surprise flashmob/dance planned, at the end of the father-daughter dance, to surprise my husband. I let John in on the secret and he was all in. He, and his crew, took a video of the entire dance and sent it to me the next day!! This was the only footage of the long-practiced routine we had for months, until the videography came back! It was so awesome and above and beyond what we expected. 5/5 stars is not enough.
  • Sarah
    Sarah K. Married on 12/31/2020

So Easy to Work With, So Understanding

We had to unfortunately cancel our wedding due to coronavirus, John Kerata has been so understanding and kind surrounding this entire process. It’s hard to find people who still run their company by a high code of ethics- this guy does. Even before canceling, he listened to everything we wanted and we know he would have made our night perfect. Definitely work with John!!
  • Kellie
    Kellie M. Married on 08/22/2020

DJ & Event Planner In One: Highly Recommend

We loved working with the DJ Crew for our wedding. It was very easy to get in touch with them and their event planning website was very straight forward and easy to use. Our DJ for the day of, Josh, was very easy going and fun and also great at his job. He ran around the whole night making sure everything went smoothly while playing great music and getting everyone up and dancing at the same time. Apparently a typical event would have 2 DJs, but because ours was a COVID wedding there was only one. Regardless of this challenge, Josh did a great job and we highly recommend him and the whole DJ Crew team.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa T. Married on 11/30/2019

Awesome Experience!

The DJ Crew was an absolute hit at our wedding. Tony and Joe played almost every single song we wanted, a few songs we didn't KNOW we wanted, and nothing we didn't. We had guests on the dance floor constantly, and each song was better than the last. There was a perfect mix of oldies, rock n roll, current pop, rap, and everything in between that kept everyone interested, from the handful of children that were in attendance, to all our 30-something friends, to our parents. We can't say enough good things about the great job they did.
  • Erin
    Erin K. Married on 09/11/2019

Dance Floor Packed All Night!

The one thing I was hoping for at our wedding was for the dance floor to be packed all night and The DJ Crew MORE than delivered! I worked with John Kerata and was beyond impressed by his DJ skills AND his MC-ing skills. My husband and I hired John on the spot after meeting him once in person. His personality was exactly what we were looking for in a DJ. First of all, The DJ Crew has a portal that makes it so easy to pick music as well as a way to submit versions of songs that they might not have. Secondly, you can tell John loves his job by his enthusiasm and overall knowledge of music from every generation. He had great suggestions whenever I was stuck on a specific song. For example, he suggested I don't go with "Single Ladies" for my bouquet toss and instead go with something like "It's Raining Men." We thought that was so unique and clever - It was small things like that which solidified our decision to work with John and the DJ Crew. Before our grand entrance, John came back to pump up our wedding party and told us that we will be setting the mood for the rest of the wedding which he was so right about. John played excellent music and truly knew how to read the crowd, the dance floor was packed the ENTIRE night! John also went above and beyond to help us out after the reception with the sparkler exit. We have gotten so many complements from our guests about how great our DJ was. If you are looking for a DJ who can MC, read a crowd, keep the dance floor packed all night AND helps throw a killer party, look no more and work with The DJ Crew!
    Matthew T. Married on 09/07/2019

You guys are awesome!

We had you guys for our wedding back in September! Josh did an amazing job working with us on our big day. It was a relief to trust the DJ Crew with coordinating the event. They made sure to keep people out on the dance floor. Thanks again!
  • Courtney
    Courtney Married on 06/15/2019

The D.J. Crew Was Amazing!!!

Choosing the D.J. Crew for our wedding was one of the best decisions we could have made. They are hands down the best of the best! Our day went so smoothly and was so stress free because Mike was so incredibly professional and so on top of everything. He played great music, he kept the flow of the night running smoothly and on time, he checked in with me and husband whenever he was ready to transition events, he communicated with all our vendors when he was about to make important announcements, he even went above and beyond and got us drinks when we didn't have any come toast time for the speeches! The list goes on and on on Mike's awesomeness! Saying we were happy we booked the D.J. Crew is an understatement. They were absolutely incredible to work with. Thank you so much for your amazing work!
    Landoll's M. Married on 12/31/2018

Top Notch Dj!!

John and his team do fantastic work! We have had the pleasure of working with them at several weddings at our venue and our brides have nothing but great things to say about these guys! We had The Dj Crew host a Great Gatsby New Years party for us to ring in the new year and all the guest had a fantastic time and we can' wait to have these guys back! Thank you for your great service!
    Sarah D. Married on 10/27/2018

110% Would recommend!!!

Would recommend DJ crew and their services 10/10 times for weddings! Shout out to Jeff and Josh for the awesome DJing at our wedding on 10/27! The dance floor was PACKED the whole night and we still have friends and family telling us weeks later what a great "party" we threw! They really know how to read a crowd and keep everyone on the dance floor! Jeff also did our uplighting and texted me a picture of the room before guests arrived to make sure everything looked good (and it did!!!!). Photo booth keepsake booklet is awesome, and our videographers were super laid back and blended in well with our guests and photographers. We would book them over and over again if we could! Thanks for a great and smooth day, DJ crew!!!!
    Marjorie Married on 10/13/2018

Fantastic DJ!!

From start to finish we had a great experience with the DJ Crew! We had Jim as our lead DJ- and he was fantastic! He played great music, was able to change the songs up quickly and he made sure not to play certain songs that we didn’t want to hear. Jim even went downstairs (of the venue) to grab my reception dress for me. The photo booth was a hit! At the end Jim went out of his way to give us the album as well! Thank you so much again for making our day perfect!!
    Angela Married on 09/15/2018
    The DJ Crew did our wedding 9/15. They were amazing!! We had more of an older crowd, but the DJs rolled with it. They did an awesome job picking out songs that suited all ages that were there! They also did a great job on taking care of all that had to be done. We really appreciated that, that allowed us not to worry about any of the little details and just have fun! And have fun we did!! Thank everyone at the DJ Crew for a great experience, from start to finish! You guys rock!
    Katie Married on 11/18/2017
    We just got married on 11/18 and the DJ Crew was awesome! Our head DJ was Tony and he gave me an update on what all we were going to do that night. The music wad great and the photobooth was a big hit! John was extremely helpful anytime I had a question during the planning process. They all helped us have the perfect wedding reception! Thanks guys!
    Kelli Married on 11/04/2017
    The DJ crew is amazing!! Our head DJ always made sure i had a drink in my hand and kept the party going. I had a long list of songs to play and he made sure to play them all and really got a sense of our style to help make sure everyone had the best time. We have gotten so many compliments about how much fun our wedding was and that is a HUGE thanks to the DJ crew. They also did our photo booth which was another huge hit and we are still laughing going through our photo album. Thank you so much for helping make our wedding the best day ever. Kelli and Mike
  • Cameron
    Cameron Married on 10/20/2017
    I seriously can’t say enough good things about John Kerata and The DJ Crew. I called more than ten DJ companies and met with the top three. I meant business! I had never been to a wedding before my own, and I kept hearing that the DJ can make or break a wedding. After all, the ceremony is for the couple, and the reception is for the guests. That’s how I looked at it and since all my guests were from out of town, I wanted to make sure they’d be entertained. So I didn’t want a cookie-cutter DJ that announced all the events in a monotone voice, who played all the same music they do at other cookie-cutter weddings, etc. I wanted entertainers. That’s exactly what I got with The DJ Crew. The first conversation I had with John lasted two hours because he was just so personable and our personalities instantly clicked. He took the time to not only go over all of their services, answer all of my questions (and I had a whole page worth of questions), but he also just took the time to chat with me. Then when my husband and I met with him, we knew The DJ Crew was the company for us. We were SO lucky to have John as one of our DJs on the wedding day. Their performance was delivered exactly the way it was promised. They even came up with creative ways to make our reception unique, like the crowd collapsing in on my husband and I after our grand entrance and before dinner. That was SO AWESOME!! If you are looking for a professional company with DJs who are personable, humorous, and AMAZING at reading the crowd, I HIGHLY suggest The DJ Crew!
    OH, I almost forgot, I also used their photobooth and videography services. I had guests who attend lots of weddings comment that our photobooth was one of the best they’ve ever seen because it had so much room! And the videography team was AMAZING!! They even pulled out a drone and flew it over the lake and then over us and the guests as we stood in the gazebo. Seriously, they couldn’t have made my day anymore magical than they did!
    Betsy Married on 07/15/2017
    The DJ crew exceeded our expectations by far! Our DJ, Jim, was awesome to work with and our reception was a blast! Our videographers, Erik and Libby were outstanding. I can't wait to see the video! They were so interactive with our guests and I just know they wedding video will be a blast to see! Definitely 5/5 stars!
    Casey Married on 07/08/2017
    We hired the DJ Crew after meeting them at a vendor event. John was great to work with and the website made choosing songs, giving party information, etc...very easy. Jeff and Stoli were our wedding day DJ's and they made our wedding! We got a ton of compliments over the variety of music played and managed to get some non-dancers on the dance floor! I was afraid of having one of those super cheesy DJ's and the DJ Crew eased those fears immediately. Had a great time with them and would definitely recommend!
    Charlene Married on 05/06/2017
    The DJ Crew did a wonderful job at our wedding. John worked through the planning with us, spent time when we had questions and made recommendations where he saw appropriate. The DJ crew planning site was super easy to use and make sure that all the details were captured. Jeff was our DJ for the night and he did a wonderful job making sure everyone had a good time and kept us on schedule. Would definitely recommend to other couples.
    Brittany Married on 10/15/2016
    The DJ Crew was amazing to work with. John was so personable and very easy to talk with. He took his time to talk with my husband and I about what we wanted and how we wanted the night to go. He also gave us some very good tips and ideas for order of events to keep the flow of the night go smoothly. And then on the day of, he got everyone on the dance floor! I would highly recommend the DJ Crew for anyone looking for a reasonable priced, outstanding dj service! I will be recommending them to any of my friends and family that are getting married in the area.
    Michael Married on 09/24/2016
    Everything with the planning and preparation has been great!
    Megan Married on 09/16/2016
    John Kerata and the DJ Crew went above and beyond to help make our wedding night absolutely perfect! From planning before the big day down to entertaining our guests that shut the reception down, They helped make the night stress free and so much fun! I felt as if John had known us and our guests forever! They know how to read a crowd and make the night enjoyable for eveybody.
    Jessica Married on 09/03/2016
    John Kerata and The DJ Crew were absolutely amazing and worth every penny. I tell you what we never met them prior to the wedding day just had email and phone conversations, but the day of the wedding it was like we knew each other for quite some time. They not only were our DJ but they also kept everything flowing from the ceremony to the reception to all the events. They did a fantastic job and we highly recommend them. They helped us capture great moments and memories we will have for a lifetime. Thank you so much for everything you guys did. Our wedding was 9/3/16.

Sincerely,
    The Swartz'
    Holly Married on 08/06/2016
    We got married back in August 2016 and the DJ Crew was absolutely phenomenal. Throughout the night they kept the dance floor going and they were great over the microphone (not too overwhelming like I've seen at other weddings). We made changes to the flow of events (I didn't want to stop the dancing so we didn't do the bouquet toss) and my Maid of Honor and I decided to do some karaoke and the DJ was super accommodating to that! Absolutely the best night of our lives and we have the DJ Crew to thank for that! We also used the photobooth through the DJ Crew company and it was a huge hit :)