The DJ Crew Reviews

136 Reviews for The DJ Crew

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Courtney

Courtney · Married on 06/15/2019

The D.J. Crew Was Amazing!!!

Choosing the D.J. Crew for our wedding was one of the best decisions we could have made. They are hands down the best of the best! Our day went so smoothly and was so stress free because Mike was so incredibly professional and so on top of everything. He played great music, he kept the flow of the night running smoothly and on time, he checked in with me and husband whenever he was ready to transition events, he communicated with all our vendors when he was about to make important announcements, he even went above and beyond and got us drinks when we didn't have any come toast time for the speeches! The list goes on and on on Mike's awesomeness! Saying we were happy we booked the D.J. Crew is an understatement. They were absolutely incredible to work with. Thank you so much for your amazing work!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Landoll's Mohican Castle · Married on 12/31/2018

Top Notch Dj!!

John and his team do fantastic work! We have had the pleasure of working with them at several weddings at our venue and our brides have nothing but great things to say about these guys! We had The Dj Crew host a Great Gatsby New Years party for us to ring in the new year and all the guest had a fantastic time and we can' wait to have these guys back! Thank you for your great service!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Sarah Dickey · Married on 10/27/2018

110% Would recommend!!!

Would recommend DJ crew and their services 10/10 times for weddings! Shout out to Jeff and Josh for the awesome DJing at our wedding on 10/27! The dance floor was PACKED the whole night and we still have friends and family telling us weeks later what a great "party" we threw! They really know how to read a crowd and keep everyone on the dance floor! Jeff also did our uplighting and texted me a picture of the room before guests arrived to make sure everything looked good (and it did!!!!). Photo booth keepsake booklet is awesome, and our videographers were super laid back and blended in well with our guests and photographers. We would book them over and over again if we could! Thanks for a great and smooth day, DJ crew!!!!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Marjorie · Married on 10/13/2018

Fantastic DJ!!

From start to finish we had a great experience with the DJ Crew! We had Jim as our lead DJ- and he was fantastic! He played great music, was able to change the songs up quickly and he made sure not to play certain songs that we didn’t want to hear. Jim even went downstairs (of the venue) to grab my reception dress for me. The photo booth was a hit! At the end Jim went out of his way to give us the album as well! Thank you so much again for making our day perfect!!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Angela · Married on 09/15/2018

The DJ Crew did our wedding 9/15. They were amazing!! We had more of an older crowd, but the DJs rolled with it. They did an awesome job picking out songs that suited all ages that were there! They also did a great job on taking care of all that had to be done. We really appreciated that, that allowed us not to worry about any of the little details and just have fun! And have fun we did!! Thank everyone at the DJ Crew for a great experience, from start to finish! You guys rock!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Katie · Married on 11/18/2017

We just got married on 11/18 and the DJ Crew was awesome! Our head DJ was Tony and he gave me an update on what all we were going to do that night. The music wad great and the photobooth was a big hit! John was extremely helpful anytime I had a question during the planning process. They all helped us have the perfect wedding reception! Thanks guys!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Kelli · Married on 11/04/2017

The DJ crew is amazing!! Our head DJ always made sure i had a drink in my hand and kept the party going. I had a long list of songs to play and he made sure to play them all and really got a sense of our style to help make sure everyone had the best time. We have gotten so many compliments about how much fun our wedding was and that is a HUGE thanks to the DJ crew. They also did our photo booth which was another huge hit and we are still laughing going through our photo album. Thank you so much for helping make our wedding the best day ever. Kelli and Mike

Sent on 11/08/2017
  • Cameron

Cameron · Married on 10/20/2017

I seriously can’t say enough good things about John Kerata and The DJ Crew. I called more than ten DJ companies and met with the top three. I meant business! I had never been to a wedding before my own, and I kept hearing that the DJ can make or break a wedding. After all, the ceremony is for the couple, and the reception is for the guests. That’s how I looked at it and since all my guests were from out of town, I wanted to make sure they’d be entertained. So I didn’t want a cookie-cutter DJ that announced all the events in a monotone voice, who played all the same music they do at other cookie-cutter weddings, etc. I wanted entertainers. That’s exactly what I got with The DJ Crew. The first conversation I had with John lasted two hours because he was just so personable and our personalities instantly clicked. He took the time to not only go over all of their services, answer all of my questions (and I had a whole page worth of questions), but he also just took the time to chat with me. Then when my husband and I met with him, we knew The DJ Crew was the company for us. We were SO lucky to have John as one of our DJs on the wedding day. Their performance was delivered exactly the way it was promised. They even came up with creative ways to make our reception unique, like the crowd collapsing in on my husband and I after our grand entrance and before dinner. That was SO AWESOME!! If you are looking for a professional company with DJs who are personable, humorous, and AMAZING at reading the crowd, I HIGHLY suggest The DJ Crew!
    OH, I almost forgot, I also used their photobooth and videography services. I had guests who attend lots of weddings comment that our photobooth was one of the best they’ve ever seen because it had so much room! And the videography team was AMAZING!! They even pulled out a drone and flew it over the lake and then over us and the guests as we stood in the gazebo. Seriously, they couldn’t have made my day anymore magical than they did!

Sent on 12/05/2017

betsy · Married on 07/15/2017

The DJ crew exceeded our expectations by far! Our DJ, Jim, was awesome to work with and our reception was a blast! Our videographers, Erik and Libby were outstanding. I can't wait to see the video! They were so interactive with our guests and I just know they wedding video will be a blast to see! Definitely 5/5 stars!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Casey · Married on 07/08/2017

We hired the DJ Crew after meeting them at a vendor event. John was great to work with and the website made choosing songs, giving party information, etc...very easy. Jeff and Stoli were our wedding day DJ's and they made our wedding! We got a ton of compliments over the variety of music played and managed to get some non-dancers on the dance floor! I was afraid of having one of those super cheesy DJ's and the DJ Crew eased those fears immediately. Had a great time with them and would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Charlene · Married on 05/06/2017

The DJ Crew did a wonderful job at our wedding. John worked through the planning with us, spent time when we had questions and made recommendations where he saw appropriate. The DJ crew planning site was super easy to use and make sure that all the details were captured. Jeff was our DJ for the night and he did a wonderful job making sure everyone had a good time and kept us on schedule. Would definitely recommend to other couples.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Brittany · Married on 10/15/2016

The DJ Crew was amazing to work with. John was so personable and very easy to talk with. He took his time to talk with my husband and I about what we wanted and how we wanted the night to go. He also gave us some very good tips and ideas for order of events to keep the flow of the night go smoothly. And then on the day of, he got everyone on the dance floor! I would highly recommend the DJ Crew for anyone looking for a reasonable priced, outstanding dj service! I will be recommending them to any of my friends and family that are getting married in the area.

Sent on 11/27/2016

Michael · Married on 09/24/2016

Everything with the planning and preparation has been great!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Megan · Married on 09/16/2016

John Kerata and the DJ Crew went above and beyond to help make our wedding night absolutely perfect! From planning before the big day down to entertaining our guests that shut the reception down, They helped make the night stress free and so much fun! I felt as if John had known us and our guests forever! They know how to read a crowd and make the night enjoyable for eveybody.

Sent on 12/05/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2016

John Kerata and The DJ Crew were absolutely amazing and worth every penny. I tell you what we never met them prior to the wedding day just had email and phone conversations, but the day of the wedding it was like we knew each other for quite some time. They not only were our DJ but they also kept everything flowing from the ceremony to the reception to all the events. They did a fantastic job and we highly recommend them. They helped us capture great moments and memories we will have for a lifetime. Thank you so much for everything you guys did. Our wedding was 9/3/16.

Sincerely,
    The Swartz'

Sent on 09/15/2016

Holly · Married on 08/06/2016

We got married back in August 2016 and the DJ Crew was absolutely phenomenal. Throughout the night they kept the dance floor going and they were great over the microphone (not too overwhelming like I've seen at other weddings). We made changes to the flow of events (I didn't want to stop the dancing so we didn't do the bouquet toss) and my Maid of Honor and I decided to do some karaoke and the DJ was super accommodating to that! Absolutely the best night of our lives and we have the DJ Crew to thank for that! We also used the photobooth through the DJ Crew company and it was a huge hit :)

Sent on 10/18/2016

Stephanie · Married on 07/02/2016

We highly recommend the services provided by the DJ crew for your special event! We had the pleasure of working with Jeff and Casey from the DJ crew for our July 2016 wedding after getting their company’s name from a close friend. Planning our day on the client portal was a great way to make sure we didn’t forget any important songs, and we appreciated the opportunity to talk with Jeff prior to our wedding. Our DJs were so energetic and fun, and they did an amazing job of reading our crowd. Our dance floor was never empty, and more than once, a guest was saying goodbye but stayed because of the next song that came on!

We also added on the videography/cinematography service for our wedding day. We have not received our final product yet (NOT late, just writing a review early!) but our two videographers were incredibly professional and helpful throughout our day. They arrived way before our ceremony to set up and adjust for lighting in our church. They were with us for all of the most important moments of our day and had recommendations for places to shoot video in addition to where our photographers were taking pictures. They worked well with our other vendors and had great vision for our video. We cannot wait to see the finished product!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Stephanie · Married on 06/25/2016

Absolutely a 5/5!!! They were wonderful! I can not say enough good things about DJ Crew. They were great with all the details and pre-planning to make sure everything the day of was perfect. Everyone had smile and they all seemed as happy to be there as we were. We also used their videography services and they worked so well with our photographer. They were all over and making sure they had shots of everything to help us remember our day. I highly recommend them for any event!!!!

Sent on 07/05/2016
  • liondell

Lisa · Married on 06/18/2016

Excellent! We had Tony and a second DJ I didn't catch the name of. They really set the mood for our wedding reception and kept the dance floor busy. Tony kept the reception moving smoothly and made good suggestions but didn't insert himself unless needed, something I really appreciated. Highly recommend, worth every penny. When most people were leaving (at the very end, by the way!), they commented 'great party'.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Brandi · Married on 12/26/2015

We had Tony at our wedding and he did such a wonderful job! I had last minute changes that he was more than happy to make despite the wedding being the next day. In addition, he kindly kept making sure we were ready for the next event and most importantly, my crowd absolutely loved him. He did a great job assessing the crowd and choosing the best songs to play. Had a lot of friends and family complementing the DJ! THANK YOU so much DJ CREW! And thank you Tony!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Heather · Married on 10/03/2015

The DC Crew was FANTASTIC!!! They did awesome with the preparation with everything! We told them our music likes and dislikes, wedding ceremony planned and written out, reception was all coordinated perfectly with our hall as well and videography was hands down perfect too! We spoke before to go over all final details and to make sure everything was perfect and ready to go! Hands down best service!!

Sent on 02/09/2016

Katlyn · Married on 09/05/2015

These guys ROCK! We knew when booking a DJ that we were looking for someone to run the night for us. I did not want to have not one worry about my reception and with these guys, I didn't. They started off the night with SO much energy and just kept it going through the entire night. They watched the guests, took their requests and kept everyone on the dance floor. We didnt plan on doing the couple shoe game and John came to us with the suggestion, it was one of the major highlights of the night! They not only run the dance floor and the night but they also cater to you with any other needs. I cant even explain in words how awesome they are!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Tyler · Married on 08/08/2015

The BEST at what they do. Being a part of the wedding video industry and having attended over 100+ weddings in recent years, it was an easy choice having these guys DJ MY OWN wedding! Bolstering excitement, passion, and creativity they kept the night fun from the minute we arrived to the very last dance. They made sure to fulfill all of our wishes and to bring some of their own creative and fun elements to the table. Seeing these guys work time and time again, as well as seeing how their entire roster of DJs masterfully go above and beyond what's expected of them, I whole heartedly recommend them for any event. A huge thanks to these guys for making our wedding unforgettable and perfect.

Sent on 08/20/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/01/2015

Can't thank our DJ's enough for the work that they did on our wedding day. Everything went beyond smoothly and the dance floor was pack all night long thanks to them!! Would recommend them to any one.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Chris and I couldn't express how amazing John was at the DJ Crew. Our wedding was a mix of American and Arabic, which was a first for John. I gave him a couple mix CDs of Arabic and John went beyond our expectations on how he mixed the two music genres together. All night, the dance floor was filled with our families and friends, no one sat down. He made our wedding truly a day to remember!

Don't think twice on hiring the DJ Crew. Not only were they professional but so much fun and took charge of the wedding atmosphere. They are truly the best of the best! Thank you for the everything!

Sent on 08/27/2015