The Destination Wedding Group Reviews

30 Reviews for The Destination Wedding Group

30 The Destination Wedding Group Reviews

Richard L Sherman · Married on 10/30/2018

Our Maui wedding

Jacquleyn, thank you so very much for making our Maui destination wedding so special. We had a limited budget and it worked out good, her team was great we'll have memories for a lifetime, Thank you again to all of you!
    Richard &Jojo

Sent on 11/07/2018

The Destination Wedding Group's reply:

Hi Richard & JoJo, Thank you! It was such an honor to work with you both and a pleasure to be able to meet your budget to provide you with a beautiful wedding experience! I wish you both the very best in life!
  • F

Flo · Married on 11/18/2017

Jacquelyn Mendoza is largely responsible for the flawless execution of our wedding. We were trying to manage a wedding long distance, and without her, I would have lost my sanity months ago. We read the reviews of SDDW before we met her Jacquelyn Mendoza, and I honestly saying the negative reviews worried me. They are the anomalies, SDDW clearly took the feedback in and incorporated solutions into their business practice going forward. Calls and texts were promptly returned, the contract terms were fulfilled completely, and every detail was perfect. We (me) went overboard from what we originally specified we wanted, despite my husband's efforts to remind me we wanted a down-to-earth wedding. She handled the change controls with ease. I didn't have to remind SDDDW about anything, and there were no surprises. I am a detail person, when you run high 8-figure projects, you learn that the details break you. That didn't need to be explained to Jacquelyn. She had it covered. She thought of things I didn't, made the reception and wedding look great, and managed a challenging venue where the wedding was to occur. Her choices were excellent: Photography (Stephy Wong), Cake (Cute Cakes), DJ(Sunset Music), and Flowers/decor. Our officiant came prepared, though my husband would have preferred that were told prior to the ceremony that we needed to bring our ID to the ceremony. The food was provided by the venue I selected, however, Jacquelyn performed the tasting for me, since I had to travel on the east coast most of the third quarter. Her choices were impeccable. SDDW exceeded all expectations.

Sent on 11/27/2017
    The Destination Wedding Group 1
    The Destination Wedding Group 2

The Destination Wedding Group's reply:

Thank you Flo! It was such a pleasure working with you and Tom! I am going to miss talking with you. We have to keep in touch! I wish you all the best on your new lives together as husband and wife! xoxoxo

CATHRIONA · Married on 08/28/2017

We can highly recommend San Diego Destination weddings! If anyone is looking for a beautiful destination wedding it's the place!!! the setting and area in La Jolla was just amazing and working with Jacquelyn was just brilliant, she was so helpful making our special day just wonderful and no stress involved. Thank you again Jacquelyn for all your help for making our wedding day magical for us.
    Cathriona & Shay from Ireland

The Destination Wedding Group 3
    The Destination Wedding Group 4

Tina · Married on 02/19/2017

I have only love and respect for SDD Weddings and Jacquelyn Mendoza! Her vision and execution went beyond our expectations. My new husband and I received and continue to receive compliments about the entire day from the food, photography, videography, flowers, venue, organization, and all the details. The day ran smoothly and without a hitch!

The planning was mostly completed via email and phone calls since we were in Texas. It was quite easy! For some items, we were sent a short list of vendors and selected the one we liked. For other vendors, Jacquelyn made the selection for us. Jacquelyn was available via text, phone, and email for any spur of the moment questions we had. She gave soundful advice and recommendations.

Leading up to the special day, Jacquelyn made sure we had everything we needed. On the wedding day, Jacquelyn ensured that neither I or my husband had any worries. She ensured that we stayed in this special moment and soaked in the entire day as husband and wife.

Please do yourself a favor and hire SDD Weddings to create your wedding day. You won't regret it!

Vanessa · Married on 09/23/2016

Jacquelyn is hands down the best! All I can say are positive things about her and the wedding planning. My husband and I wanted a destination wedding in the states and we could have not picked a better place. We planned everything with Jacquelyn via phone calls and email until we flew in from Wisconsin to personally meet her. She is such a sweetheart! She had asked us what our budget was and all the details we gave her was on point. The wedding was the best day of our lives. Everything was PERFECT!! All of our guests were pleased with the entire day. A lot of our friends had told us many times that it was the best wedding they have been to. We have to give credit to Jacquelyn for that. I would highly recommend to have her as your coordinator. We are so lucky to say we have gained an amazing friend and will be keeping touch with her. Thanks for being so great and making the wedding of our dreams come true Jacquelyn. You ROCK!!

Ecatherina · Married on 09/18/2016

Jacquelyn was very friendly and helpful. We were on a very specific budget for our vow renewal and we were able to get everything we desired! Thanks!!

Tommy & Amber · Married on 06/23/2016

Jacquelyn was amazing! we planned our wedding with her over the phone and via email, we had to put our faith in her and she did not let us down...She is an awesome person first and foremost,which made dealing with her and planning everything a pleasant experience. We did drive across from Arizona for cake tasting and to walk Sunset Cliffs (wedding site) and just that short time with her validated she was the correct choice...Our wedding was beautiful,she added personal touches and the ceremony was everything we had hoped and went as smoothly as anyone could hope for. I would certainly recommend her without hesitation to anyone and everyone,she is the best!! TEAM JACQUELYN!

Monique · Married on 08/15/2015

Hi everyone, every girl dreams of her fairytale wedding. Thanks to Jacquelyn and her great team for helping my husband and I make that come true. I love her she so awesome. Not only was I nervous about making my dream wedding come true especially with the thought of a destination wedding, being that we live 6 hours away she made sure to reassure me that all my ideas would be incorporated with my wedding. I found her as I was visiting San Diego and just decided to pull up wedding planners in the area. She was so awesome from our very first phone call conversation and responded immediately from emails to phone calls. She drove around with us to find the perfect place on the beach to make my day beyond beautiful and real. My husband and I married on August 15 2015. I highly recommend Jacquelyn as a wedding planner, she kept me from becoming the bridezilla I thought I'd become with the stress of a wedding. All I had to do is show up with my dress and be ready to say "I do" to the man of my dreams.

Michael · Married on 01/31/2015

We found San Diego Destination Weddings to be awesome to work with in planning and coordinating our son's U.S. wedding reception. Everything turned out perfect! SDDW is very easy to work with and offer great value for their services.

Sherri · Married on 01/04/2015

The experience we had with Jacquelyn Mendoza was top notch. Anything we needed, she took care of. Any question, she had the answer for. She was always available. Usually, weddings come with some sort of stress, but I have to say...I had absolutely no stress. We showed up and everything we very smoothly!! She took care of all of our guests VIP style. I would definitely recommend her to anyone wanting to get married in San Diego.

• Jane & Taylor

Jane & Taylor · Married on 10/03/2014

My husband and I knew we wanted to get married in San Diego but we didn't know how to make that happen since we lived in Northern California. The thought of planning a destination wedding seemed so daunting, until we came across San Diego Destination Weddings online. From food tastings to the wedding ceremony, Jacquelyn Mendoza helped answer all of our questions and most importantly, made our valued out of town guests feel at home. Many of our friends and family commented that our wedding was one of the best weddings they had ever been to and a lot of it had to do with the vision, professionalism and passion of Jacquelyn. Thank you Jacquelyn for making our dream wedding come true!

Mary · Married on 09/13/2014

My husband and I booked our destination wedding for the beach in Oceanside. Having people travel from all over the country, we were concerned about everything going off smoothly. Jaclyn had to be out of town but she put Jamila in charge and Jamila was a rock star! The qualify of her work in helping us pick the cake, meet the minister, and her talent in making the flowers, tables, sand ceremony, arbor, and catering look beautiful make this a 5 star wedding! I am so thankful for San Diego Destination Weddings truly making it our dream come true. P.S. The cake and flowers were unbelievably beautiful--much more amazing than anticipated. P.P.S. We didn't even think of it but they offered a really reasonable video service--that video is now one of our prized possessions. At the end of a long day, we can look back at the video at sunset of our guests from 1 to 90 years of age. Both now and years from now, it'll be our only memory of many of those people and it is the only time that specific group of people will ever be together!

VIVIANA · Married on 05/31/2014

Very happy with the service, Jacquelyn made things very easy. Highly recommend!

Erin · Married on 05/18/2014

The best decision we made for our wedding was choosing Jacquelyn Mendoza as our wedding coordinator. We worked with Jacquelyn starting with the day we booked our reception in the Nautilus Room at the Coronado Community Center and chose the South Beach location on the beach in Coronado for our ceremony.

Jacquelyn worked with us to make the wedding everything we had hoped for and we could not be happier! Jacquelyn is very patient and easy to work with. She works with and contracts excellent vendors and she coordinated every detail for us, while still allowing us to give input on different aspects of the ceremony/reception and meet with the various vendors prior to the wedding.

The day of the wedding was very low stress for us due to all of Jacquelyn’s hard work and emphasis on details. We were able to really enjoy the day and did not feel we had a thing to worry about as Jacquelyn and her assistants, Lauran and Jamila, handled everything! They created the perfect beach ceremony and beach-themed reception for us. We were so pleased as were all of our guests.
    We are so grateful and highly recommend Jacquelyn!!
    Thank you so much, Jacquelyn!!

Jonell · Married on 10/25/2013

I cannot say enough great things about Jacquelyn Mendoza! She did an amazing job planning our destination wedding in San Diego at Moonlight Beach Overlook. If you are planning a wedding with her, consider this location! She works with some wonderful vendors and gets great prices for your package! She was quick to respond to my questions, and she made sure any of the "little details" I wanted were there. Attendees still tell me "that was the most beautiful wedding I've ever been to!" Our minister, the location, the decoration, and the way everything was organized made for a lovely ceremony! We had a small reception at the Sheraton La Jolla, and Jacquelyn did a great job incorporating flowers and other things from the ceremony into the decorations. Plus, she was the one making sure EVERYTHING was on track that day from the morning hours until the very end!! I loved working with Jacquelyn, and I think you will, too!!!!

We planned our Son's wedding from the East coast to happen on the West coast so of course we were concerned that everything would be as we expected. What we received was that and more. Everything was absolutely perfect from the flowers to the reception. Jacquelyn and her assitant made the day a memorable experience for both my Son and Daughter-in-law as well as all our guests. I would recommend them to anyone planning an event in their area!!

Jacquelyn was the best person to have coordinate my wedding. Because I lived out of State it was difficult to do certain task. Jacquelyn provided me with great ideas and relieved a lot of stress from me (which when you’re getting married is a great thing to have). I would recommend Jacquelyn to anyone she truly was a blessing and so happy I met her at my cake tasting.  

Amanda · Married on 05/23/2013

A wedding can be a very stressful time, but having Jacqueline on our team made it smooth and fun! I couldn't imagine not having her with us! I highly recommend her for your big event as she's highly professional and personal all at the same time!

• Donna

Donna · Married on 05/19/2012

Jacquelyn is amazing! She made my dream wedding come true. Everything was prefect down to the location, the flowers and the reception. The only thing I regret was that it went by too fast! I wish I could go back and relive the whole day. It was by far the best day ever, all thanks to Jacquelyn.

• Kari

Kari · Married on 12/03/2011

Jacqueline Mendoza of San Diego Destination Weddings did a fabulous job coordinating my wedding! She is fast and efficient and knows what she is doing. Although I only had her do the day of coordinating, she went above and beyond to meet with me before the wedding to go over things, help us create a timeline of events and even provided some of the decorations. She is extremely professional and knows a lot of vendors. Her two assistants were great also, going above and beyond their job duties also. If you want to have a worry-free wedding day, contact Jacqueline!

Amazing service. You won't find anyone better! Made my day(s) absolutely perfect!!

Cristina · Married on 06/18/2017

We spoke with several companies who specialized in destination San Diego weddings before finally choosing Jacquelyn. She was the most personable and knowledgeable coordinator that we spoke to and decided to use her services, due to us being on the East Coast and wanting a San Diego wedding.
    Our wedding was beautiful! Jacquelyn went out of her way to make sure the flowers were JUST what I wanted and that everything was coordinated perfectly. The string trio was amazing and our special request of Beatles songs sounded beautiful.
    We had an issue months after our wedding in receiving all of our wedding pictures and Jacquelyn reached out to assist us and solved the problem.
    If you want a personal touch and someone who CARES about your wedding, Jacquelyn is the person!

Sent on 12/05/2017
    The Destination Wedding Group 5
    The Destination Wedding Group 6

The Destination Wedding Group's reply:

Thank you Cristina, It was such a pleasure working with you and Tony! I do really care! I am so happy that you reached out to me about your photo issue and that I was able to help resolve it. I wish you and your family all the best! xoxoxo

Elona · Married on 08/29/2014

Hiring Jacquelyn Mendoza was my best decision in the wedding planning process. I found Jacquelyn online when I was researching wedding packages in San Diego. At first, my husband was worried because we lived in San Francisco and he didn't trust using this "person" online we had never met. I flew to San Diego one weekend and met Jacquelyn. She showed me several venues and gave me estimates. I gave her my budget and she was able to figure out how to get me the wedding of my dreams come true with my small budget. My husband and I just got married on August 29, 2014. We had the ceremony at La Jolla Cuvier Park (Jacquelyn got a permit for the day). Reception took place at the La Jolla Sheraton. The ceremony and reception was more than I could have imagined it to be! It felt like a fairytale. Everything want so smoothly. Jacquelyn was so helpful. She arranged and organized everything. I was calm throughout the whole wedding process. At the end, my husband couldn't have been happier about using the coordinator. We would recommend Jacquelyn to anyone who is planning a wedding! Thank you Jacquelyn!

Julia · Married on 10/28/2017

Jacquelyn was great! We were apprehensive about having a wedding halfway across the country without ever having met the planner or any of the vendors, but it all turned out perfectly. All the vendors she used were fantastic, and the price for the elopement package was very reasonable. All in all, I can't recommend Jacquelyn and Sand Diego Destination Weddings highly enough! If I had it to do again, I'd do the same thing.

Leeon · Married on 03/24/2016

Jacquelyn and her team were amazing!! We had so many compliments of how our wedding went perfect! Jacquelyn knows what she is doing! If you are thinking about using SDDW, stop thinking and just do it. You will not regret your decision!