The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough Reviews

The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 3
The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 4
The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 5

Jonnie · Married on 09/27/2014

Gil was amazing!! He went above and beyond not only helping keep the timing of the reception, but keeping everyone on the dance floor so long, many forgot their shuttle back to the hotel!! Gil knew how to keep the crowd on the dance floor all night long, even people who haven't danced since the 80's... I had the time of my life and I have no doubt that it's because DJ Gil is an amazing entertainer.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Kristen · Married on 09/06/2014

My husband, my father-in-law, and many of their family friends had careers as DJs on Long Island at one time, so when it came time to hire a DJ for my wedding I was super worried. Hiring The Dancing DJ was a no-brainer! I had been to a wedding he DJ'd at a few years ago and remembered how much fun everyone had. He knows the right songs to keep the crowd entertained, includes any special music you ask for, and even dances with you and your guests! My mom is widowed and when I looked over and saw that she had a dancing partner, I was thrilled. The grin on her face was priceless. My husband and I got compliment after compliment on how great our DJ was. If you want your event to be fun and memorable, you'll hire The Dancing DJ!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Steve · Married on 08/30/2014

Looking for a DJ that can really get people dippin' and dancin'? Look no further. The crowd at my wedding was a solid mix of people from the West Indies and New England. Gil was able to read the flow and mix two completely different musical styles together. What happened next was awesome; dance moves were shared, good times were had and the people were blended and mixed as well as the music was. In addition, Gil has the experience to handle, help, and boost your confidence and spirit at every step of the wedding process. Seriously, we couldn't have been happier and our guests couldn't have been happier.

Steve and Nadia

Sent on 09/26/2014

Bonnie · Married on 06/21/2014

The event we contracted Gil for was a Relay for Life event. This event is to help raise money for cancer research and to aid those suffering with the dreaded disease. Gil was Fantastic!! He not only performed the entire 12 hours he was contracting for but also helped with other activities going on while performing his own responsibilities. Gil has the utmost professionalism with very high energy. He can get the most stubborn, I don't dance, person to get upon the dance floor and shake their booty. He is great with handling last minute changes and the 2 man crew he brought with him was there to help at a moments notice. His collection of music would satisfy any age and is not the typical wedding music type arrangement. You can tell him what kind of music you want to hear and that's what he'll play. He had to fill 12 hours with music and never once repeated a song. Well except for the annoying song activity where he had to play an annoying song until $250 was raised. He even made that fun.
    I would recommend Gil for any type of DJing. He knows how to keep the party going and is very high energy. Thank you Gil for all you have done for us and I look forward to next year.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Michelle · Married on 05/25/2014

The Dancing DJ (Gil) and his team were AMAZING!!! We received sooo many compliments from our guests after the wedding about him and the entertainment. We don't know how he is so energetic and happy but it is awesome. The Dancing DJ did more than just play songs. He brought out the energy and ensured everyone was dancing and having tons of fun!! Our expectations were surpassed and they made our wedding so memorable. We have seen a lot of DJs and no one that we have seen before was as unique and special. He did everything that we asked and made the bride feel like a princess. He understands how important weddings are and truly gives it his all. Pick The Dancing DJ!!!

Sent on 06/28/2014

Brandi · Married on 04/05/2014

DJ Gil did such a wonderful job at our wedding! Our guests are still talking about the wonderful time they had and how fun the reception was, mostly because of Gil. He really got our guests involved with the dancing and even taught some of them the moves when asked. He was so professional and enjoyable to work with in the months leading up to our special day. I can't praise his efforts enough. He comes HIGHLY recommended by my husband and I. We let anyone who is looking for a great DJ know about Gil.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Susan · Married on 11/17/2013

Gil was amazing at my daughter's wedding this past weekend!! He did the music from the beginning of the ceremony to the end of the night without a flaw! The music during dinner was perfect! Had the crowd going nonstop from young and old. Got out there with everyone to take them through some dance moves. He's great at blending all types of music through the evening so not one person could say there was nothing they could dance to. Oldies, pop, Motown, rock....whatever you want, he's the best!!!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Nicole · Married on 11/02/2013

Gil was absolutely the best!! I could not have picked a better DJ! He had everyone at the wedding dancing and having a blast all night! Not only is he the best but but I could not believe it when he gave us the quote! His price beat by far the rest of the DJ's out there and he gives twice as much! Thank you Gil for making my wedding day unforgettable!

Sent on 01/04/2014

OMG AWESOME!!!! Gil is absolutely WONDERFUL. Did everything we asked him without question. He has an awesome array of music (even the theme to the Peanuts!!!). Had our guests up and dancing for the entire reception. MANY people asked us where we found him. I have already referred 2 people to him and will not hesitate to send others his way!!

Thank you Gil for making our day so special!! You are the best!!!

Sent on 09/11/2013

I think the best way to describe how DJ Gil delivered everything he promised and that all reviews on this site are in fact DEAD ON - is to provide some examples and quotes from my big day:

1.) Dinner was announced twice - YES TWICE - and people would still NOT leave the dance floor. Indicator number 1 the party was kicking from the beginning. Consider counting fewer heads if you book DJ Gil b/c people will choose dancing over food...

2.) He somehow managed to WALTZ with my redneck-wanna be sister after she exchanged her strappy MOH shoes for cowboy boots. May need to know my sis to grasp the depth of this, but trust me - this is big time. So not only does Gil breakdance, he will also Waltz.

3.) The waitresses were WOBBLING with the videographer - and of course Gil was showing everyone how to do it properly. Enough said with that one.

4.) NO ONE ATE CAKE. Which normally happens at weddings - but I DIDN'T EAT CAKE - and I LOVE CAKE. I also neglected ice cream, which is also embarrassing to admit....

5.) The 'people not wanting to leave the dance floor' theme continued until the end of the night. Once the music was cut the guests changed "ONE MORE SONG" for a solid minute before we got the OK from the reception staff.

6.) People still would not leave the floor after the second last song played and the chairs and table cloths were being cleaned up.

7.) No one in the wedding party had a voice left by the end of the night.

What did I hear from my guests to know Gil helped me throw a fabulous party?!
    "No one danced at my wedding and no one will stop dancing at yours!"
    "I have never been to a wedding where everyone danced like this"
    "Can you believe _____ was on the dance floor?!" (I could fill in the blank with probably 15 names)
    "I have never danced like that before in my LIFE"

Sent on 08/27/2013

Lisa · Married on 06/14/2013

The easiest decision we made planning our wedding was hiring Gil! The first time we heard Gil was at our friend's wedding 2 years ago. It had been the most fun we had ever had at a wedding just because of the vibe on the dance floor and the great songs that were played. When we got engaged, there was no question that we needed him to be our DJ. Gil was so easy to work with and he is just a natural entertainer. All of our guests keep telling us that our wedding was a blast because of the music and the dancing. Gil will make sure your wedding will be talked about for years to come. I have friends already asking me for his information for their upcoming weddings!

Sent on 07/04/2013

Brianna · Married on 06/01/2013

Gil was the most amazing DJ we could have asked for! He was fun, professional & flexible. He did an outstanding job of getting everyone on the dance floor! It has been over a month since our wedding & everyone is still talking about the Dancing DJ. Our wedding would not have been the same without him!

Sent on 07/17/2013

Julius · Married on 11/24/2012

There are no words to describe what DJ Gil provided our wedding. I never seen so many people dance at a wedding in my life. He was engaging, energetic, and just had a blast in all he did. Made us feel comfortable the whole time!! Music was the hottest mixes of music but so tasteful for our wedding . The rating scales doesn't go high enough for DJ Gil. We want to have Gil do all our parties, small or big, his personalty just shines is so priceless when looking for a DJ. We truly feel that DJ title does him no justice, DJ Gil is an entertainer. Hands down best DJ ever . He DJs, he dances great but he entertains everyone. When you meet him you will have no hesitations on he will be the man to do your event.
    Love Angela and Julius

Sent on 11/26/2012

Gil was an awesome DJ! He was organized and thorough with the pre-wedding preparations. His ability to read a crowd and pump up the music was impressive. His presence on the dance floor brought some much needed excitement in the beginning of the night. I highly recommend this DJ for weddings or any events. Thanks Gil for your participation on our special day.

Young and Juhee

Sent on 11/27/2012

Megan · Married on 10/27/2012

The Dancing DJ is simply the best! I cannot thank Gil, The Dancing DJ enough for how wonderful he made our wedding. Gil provided music for prior to our ceremony, the entrances for our ceremony, as well as cocktail hour, dinner, and reception music. I never knew how closely I would be working with our DJ until a few weeks before the wedding date. About a week before our wedding Gil came to our venue to go over the layout and timeline of the eveneing with myself and our wedding coordinator. Putting my mind at rest is an understatement!

Gil is the epitome of prefessional, however that word is so "boring". Gil is anything but boring. Every Bride and Groom should have the experience that my husband and I had on our wedding day. We couldn't have been happier with his services to us. He is now the #1 recommended DJ at our venue, friends have asked for his card and information, others had wished they booked him for their past weddings, and he will DJ every event I plan in the future.

You want a wedding and a party that everyone will remember and be talking about? Gil is it. Simple as that. There is no party without The Dancing DJ!

Brooke · Married on 08/18/2012

My husband and I used Gil's for our wedding back in August and could not have been more satisfied with the service received! He also made time for us the week before the wedding for a dance lesson that was a great success and a lot of fun! I would definitely recommend Gil to anyone looking for a reliable, fun, enthusiastic, and professional DJ.

-Brooke C.

Sent on 01/09/2013

Barbara · Married on 07/19/2012

I brought my seniors to Mt. Haven for the first time and The Dancing DJ was there.What a show. Gil or Gilberto was excellent . He interacts with the seniors. He sang , danced with us and taught new dances they do at weddings today. We enjoyed him so much I told them I wanted to book already for next year. Gil is very personablle and also professional. EXCELLENT!!!

Sent on 08/03/2012

Randi · Married on 05/19/2012

This is the second time we have used Gil as a DJ for a Bar/Bat Mitzvah and he is AWESOME! If you want to make sure that your guests have a great time, may sure you hire Gil.

At my last affair, my photographer ended up hiring Gil for a bachelorette party and then the bride ended up using him as well.

He is great!

Sent on 05/20/2012

Megan · Married on 05/19/2012

Best DJ ever!! High energy, Super accommodating and made sure EVERYONE had fun! The "Dancing DJ, GIL" had prior obligations, so he had DJ Matt step in. Gil couldn't resist the opportunity to dance, so he came shortly after my wedding started to dance the night away with all of us...they BOTH were great! I would never hire another DJ.

Sent on 05/21/2012

Takeya · Married on 03/10/2012

He was excellent! All my guests had a great time and were dancing the whole time.

Ashley · Married on 02/11/2012

(It might seem long, but please read everything. You will thank me later when you hire Gil to be your Dancing DJ!)

Gil was incredible!!! There aren't even enough outstanding words in the dictionary to explain how phenomenal he was. We absolutely love him and love his work!!!!!

From the start, Gil was on his game. He sent us his information in the mail and sent us emails a day after I contacted him. We had several contacts through phone and email and he met us close to our house for a meeting to see what we wanted and to explain what he offered. He was in constant contact with us up until the very day of the reception to clarify things, ask questions, make sure he knew what we wanted, and to even get proper pronunciations of the people’s names he was announcing. We had a destination wedding in Jamaica and a PA reception in Conshohocken. Gil knew all of this and worked with us every step of the way.

Gil contacted our caterer and the guy who we were renting our hall from well in advance to our reception date. He wanted to iron out details and ask any questions he had. That impressed me and I was very happy with that. It showed that he was reaching out to make sure all his bases were covered. Our caterer and Gil worked together at the reception so they were both aware of the timeline of each event that was taking place throughout the night. Which he consistently came over to my husband and I to give us a heads up when things were coming and to make sure we wanted it that way and that we were ready.

Gil showed up early to set up and his set up looked awesome. He was dressed so handsome and appropriate for the wedding reception. He played everything we asked him to, along with so much more. He also stuck to our 'do not play' list and did not play songs we did not want played. My husband's uncle brought a Jamaican flag with him and since we got married there, Gil hung it on his DJ table which was great & went well with our theme. He played some Bob Marley and island themed music, which we didn't ask him to do, but he did it on his own and it gave it a real nice touch and gave the reception a nice feel. It was great he listened to us and knew exactly what we wanted. 
    He was always making sure everything was going according to plan and got involved. He is not only a DJ; he is an incredible dancer and an entertainer. His title suits him well. He had the crowd going, dancing, smiling and having fun. He even had people dancing that do not like too, as well at my 87 year old aunt which was impressive. It was hard not to dance with Gil as the entertainer. He did a wonderful job and is so talented at what he does. HIRE HIM! You won’t regret it I promise.

Dave & Ashley

Sent on 02/13/2012

Maureen · Married on 12/17/2011

Gil Keough has been our DJ twice, for our daughter's bat mitzvah and our son's bar mitzvah. He is very courteous, professional, and interested in ensuring that the guests of honor especially, but also all attending have a great time. Gil is a great dancer as well as DJ and announcer, so if you'd like your wedding or other party guests to learn a new dance or have more fun rocking out on the dance floor, he will definitely make it happen. Because he really listens to his customers and their requirements, I would recommend him for any event.

Sent on 06/11/2012

MK · Married on 09/17/2011

Our wedding was on September 17, 2011. I spoke with Gil about a week before. As Gil can attest to, I was a little hesitant about a dacing DJ. I have been to weddings where the DJ can make himself the center of attention. I explained this to Gil and he stated not to worry. I gave Gil the benefit of the doubt and am so glad I did. I had the best time. My family and friends stated they had a blast and I always felt that dancing at weddings is 90% of the fun. Gil actually did dance a bit but I didn't even know he was on the dance floor. At one point he played Man in the Mirror ( a favorite of mine) and he was going crazy behind the dj booth which I felt got my friends even more pumped. I wouldn't change anything about my wedding it was perfect. Thanks Gil we really appreciate it.

Sent on 09/27/2011

Nicholas · Married on 07/17/2011

I have been in the entertainment nearly 40 [gasp] years and every once in a great while, something surprises me. I was attending a function in the Poconos July 2011 - a Spanish Theme - and wasn't expecting much.

What I got however was the single most high energy, charismatic, audience friendly, talented, unforgettable DJ I have ever seen. Once again, let me put this in perspective: nearly 40 years!!!! And am a professional entertainer!!!!

You know folks, it just doesn't get any better than Gil Keo. He sings, dances, chats, teaches [all bi-lingual] and carouses in the best possible way - to qualify as a family entertainer. And infectious? They wouldn't let him stop! Even when the gig was over [and I saw management indicate this], the dance floor was packed. Not just with screaming kids. As a matter of fact, there wasn't a person under the age of 21 in the room. From about 30-80 years old, even an old man with a cane and an elderly woman with a walker, was dancing to and with the dancing DJ.

He was out there with them, teaching and dancing like there was no tomorrow. You cannot ask for more than that from any entertainer. If you are looking for a DJ who is an ENTERTAINER, pleas call Gil Keo. You simply will not regret it.

NA
    Middletown NY

Sent on 07/19/2011

Maureen · Married on 10/23/2010

I would recommend anyone use DJ Gil Keough for a wedding if you want to have your guests dancing through the night. The majority of our guests danced most of the night. Our guests ranged in age from early twenties to early seventies. He played great music and everyone had a good time. He made our wedding one of the best weddings we have attended in years. His personality definitely added to the party atmosphere and encouraged people to dance. He danced with guests to encourage them to dance. He also taught people the moves for a few songs. Our wedding was near Halloween and “Thriller” was played around the end of the evening. He taught everyone the moves to this song as the song was playing. Everyone seemed to enjoy doing the “Thriller” moves.

Gil’s friendliness and warmth also made him easy to work with. He asked us our goals for the reception and made us feel confident they would be achieved. He was easy to get in touch with and was open to different ideas. He was also on time, professional and open to taking our guests’ requests.

We are glad he was our DJ. He made our reception fun, memorable and one of the best days of our lives.

Sent on 11/09/2010