112 Reviews for The Curvy Bride

Sample Sales (6)
Mother of Bride (5)
Preservation (3)
Mother of Groom (2)

My experience at the Curvy Bridal was by far my best experience wedding dress shopping. It is a smaller shop, but they have a nice selection of dresses and they are all plus size. So as a bigger girl, I could try on every dress and they would all FIT! It was a really nice change from the other stores. I worked primarily with Paige, who was lovely. She listened to what I wanted and brought me a few samples to try on. I literally loves every dress she chose. The store itself it really nice- spacious and private dressing rooms- ample space to have your family and friends. They were not pushy at all. I bought my dress on my second trip to the store. At that point I worked directly with Michelle, the store owner. She measured me and placed my order. The whole experience was really great and I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Kristin, 3/29/19, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only, Sample Sales, Hair Accessories, Plus Size Gowns, Veils

Look no further! After having a not so pleasant experience at a bridal salon in NY I was hesitant when booking another appointment elsewhere. I read multiple reviews about The Curvy Bride and figured it would be worth the ride. I am a size 12/14 which may not be considered plus size to some people but at other bridal shops I experienced the consultants trying to squeeze me into dresses that clearly weren't my size. Then as I stood there, uncomfortable, the bridal consultant would say "oh just imagine it in your size." Needless to say, I was disgusted. Upon my arrival to The Curvy Bride I was greeted by Maria, who was a pleasure to work with. My mother, sister, and I were pleasantly surprised at the amount of beautiful dresses that the salon carried. My appointment did not feel rushed and I felt very comfortable throughout the dress fitting. I found my dress and veil and couldn't be happier! The entire staff was very friendly and accomodating and I'm very grateful! If you are hesitating on where to start your search I would absolutely have The Curvy Bride as my number one pick! Thank you again ladies!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/17/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride

A wonderful experience! So nice to see my daughter try on gowns that actually fit! She looked and felt like a princess, which is what every bride deserves. There is a much needed market for bridal salons like this one. So glad we found it!

Profile Picture Kim, 9/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I can’t say enough great things about The Curvy Bride! I had the best experience with Paige who was my consultant. I started my journey at David’s Bridal and like most people I had a horrific experience that really made me not want to continue shopping, that is until I found the curvy bride!! Paige made me, my family and friends feel really welcome and just gave a great appointment. If your a plus size bride I would absolutely start with the Curvy Bride!!

Profile Picture Christen, 9/15/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Plus Size Gowns, Veils, Bride, Mother of Bride

I cant say enough good things about this place. I was nervous about being a plus size bride but this place exceeded by expectations! I found my dress by only trying on 3 dresses! Paige was amazing and so accommodating to all the guest I brought with me! I would highly recommend this place to anyone! :)

Profile Picture Loreen, 9/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Veils

Met the owner Michelle . She knew exactly what would look great in me ! Found a beautiful mother of bride dress! Thanks so much . Very excited

Profile Picture Jean, 8/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I bought my dress at The Curvy Bride just this past weekend and it was a WONDERFUL experience! Being a super plus size bride I did my research and booked my first bridal appointment with The Curvy Bride and I am not looking back. It was an hour drive for me but so worth it. I had corresponded back and forth with the owner Michelle a few times through Facebook Messenger and she was very quick to respond and always helpful when I reached out with a question. I had asked if if they had a certain dress in stock and while they were waiting for it to come in at the time she took the time to reach back out to me and let me know when they had gotten it in which I really appreciated. When I got there with my mom, sister and close family friend we were welcomed warmly by Marie who was my consultant, she was getting the dress I had inquired about ready for me as we walked in. Michelle came out to greet us and gave me a big hug, it was nice. Marie was great to work with and super helpful. She put me right at ease. She told me I was her last appointment of the day and not to worry about how long I took. My ladies I brought with me had plenty of room and seats to be comfortable and I had a whole section to myself with a pedestal to model each dress in. I tried on my dream gown first and loved it but tried on a few others.... one was a contender so we put on a veil and everything but I still wasn't sure so I got back into the first dress and decided that was definitely the one. Marie brought us out some delicious peach moscato to celebrate, she took pictures for us and even after we took measurements and put down the deposit Michelle and Marie were still so nice taking more pictures for us and allowing us seconds of champagne. I can't wait to go back and see these wonderful ladies when my dress comes in. I was anxious about dress shopping but I could not have had a more perfect experience. Michelle and her staff are so kind, welcoming and helpful. It was totally stress free!

Profile Picture Colleen, 4/28/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only, Sample Sales, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Veils

I had an amazing dress shopping experience at the Curvy Bride. I purchased my dress in February of 2017 for my January 2018 wedding. It was the the second and last store I went to searching for my dress. Paige was AMAZING and extremely helpful. What I liked most about working with her was that she was extremely patient with me and made me feel comfortable the entire time. The entire time I felt that the experience was about me finding a dress that I loved and not about Paige making a sale. I never once felt any pressure from her to purchase a dress (which I cannot say for the first shop I went to). Michelle the owner was also a pleasure to deal with. After I ordered my dress I decided I wanted to order extra lace and everyone at Curvy Bride was so accommodating and responsive. I know that as a plus size bride dress hunting can feel overwhelming but at the Curvy Bride they will put you at ease and make the entire experience enjoyable, as it should be!

Profile Picture Cara, 1/27/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Veils, Alterations, Sample Sales, Bride, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom

I first visited curvy bride during their grand opening event when my best friend was getting married. The very second we met Michele I could tell how genuinely invested she was in making brides happy! There she was pregnant and ready to pop and running the appointment without missing a beat. I told myself that day that i would be back when it was my turn. Sure enough, i returned and it was the best decision i made. Michelle is one of the sweetest people ever! Her staff is just as sweet and patient and a true reflection of Michelle. As soon as you walk into the shop you feel welcomed. The shop is just beautiful. My sister and my mother are not plus sized but they loved curvy so much that they wished they could get their dress there. My consultant was Paige, she was a complete doll! I can't thank her enough! Paige was so sweet and patient through the entire process. Being a plus size bride can be a lil daunting, there is certainly a level of insecurity you may feel. None of that is an issue at curvy. They totally understand how to dress and style a plus bride!! curvy was my favorite experience of the wedding planing process. I can't say it enough, but thank God for the curvy bride!
Lydia handled all alterations and she was great! She was a real pleasure to meet and work with! Lydia was also incredibly patient and truly listened to me and what i wanted. Beautiful work!

Profile Picture deanna, 11/12/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride, Bridal Gowns, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns

Wow - Michelle and her team are amazing! So thoughtful, low pressure and really make you feel like a queen! I was dreading dress shopping because I was really concerned I wouldn't be able to find dresses in my size size in styles that I like. The Curvy Bride was the first - and ONLY - dress boutique I visited because there was such a wide selection. I'm so thrilled with how everything turned out. my dress fit like a glove, was gorgeous quality and I got so many compliments!! Thank you so much for making it such a comfortable experience!!

Photo for The Curvy Bride Review - I felt amazing, thank you Michelle!
Profile Picture Christina, 10/20/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

One of my biggest fears was to go dress shopping for the wedding and Curvy Bride put all of my fears aside. Paige was such a calming presence and happy smiles. I tried on a few dresses and they were great but not the one. Paige said "let me pull one more" and I had my say yes to the dress moment! Dress needed minimal alterations and the alterations appointments have been painless. My favorite little detail is the text message reminders. They helped keep me on track to remember my appointments! You truly get what you pay for and I would highly recommend Curvy Bride and Paige!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/14/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only, Bridal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Veils

I had a fantastic experience here! I walked into the place thinking I'd just be fact finding to get an idea of what I liked. I wound up buying the third dress that I put on. Everyone was so nice, so patient, and the sales manager, Paige, really knew exactly what I was looking for. I loved that I could try on every single dress in the whole place too. I had anxiety about dress shopping, being a plus sized bride, and I never once ran into any issues here at all. I got my alterations done here too, and it was easy, the seamstress is so sweet, and the dress turned out perfectly. I highly recommend The Curvy Bride!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/13/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Bride, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Veils

I went into The Curvy Bride feeling pretty defeated after my previous experience at a bridal boutique. My fears melted the second I walked into the door and was greeted by the warm owner. They had a huge selection and she was very knowledgeable about the collections. She did not rush my appointment one bit, and gave me her sole attention.

I found my dress today, thanks to The Curvy Bride. I did not want to take it off!! If you are a curvy bride, do not hesitate to try out this boutique.

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

My mother (MOB) and I (bride) both got our dresses at the Curvy Bride, and we could not be more thrilled. Michelle, Paige and her entire team were phenomenal. Our dresses were gorgeous and the entire experience was flawless. I had sleeves added on to my dress, and Christina the seamstress was AMAZING. She was patient, kind and talented. We received so many compliments on both of our dresses and felt like princesses all day. I would highly recommend them to any future brides. Thank you! Jenn & JoAnn

Profile Picture Jenn, 9/15/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Mother of Bride, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Plus Size Gowns, Veils, Alterations, Appts. Only

I cannot thank Michelle and her team enough for an amazing experience. I went to The Curvy Bride right after I got engaged to look at dresses. I could not believe how many dresses I got to try on. I was not ready to buy yet, as I wanted to book my venue first, but I knew I would be back. Yes, I did try other bridal stores but there was no comparison. Some stores, I don't think i even got one dress on that I liked. At The Curvy Bride, I could have had an appointment that lasted a few hours with the amount of dresses. Michelle is so nice and her staff makes you feel so comfortable. I went in there thinking I was going to get a ballgown dress and I walked out with a more fitted dress. When I went back a few months after my first appointment, Michelle and her team were just as welcoming to myself and my family and were so excited to see we were back. I tried on the dresses I had in mind and even a few new ones. At no point did I ever feel rushed though my appointment or discouraged. I was so happy to say "Yes to the dress" at the Curvy Bride. Lydia, the seamstress, was awesome too. She made my dress perfect!! There is no doubt that The Curvy Bride gave me the best dress experience! I was so thankful to have The Curvy Bride!!

Profile Picture Leah, 8/12/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride

I was referred by a friend who knows the owner. I decided to get married in 8 weeks and everyone told me I would never find a dress. I called her and she immediately responded with an appointment for Memorial Day weekend when no one else was open. After an honest conversation is told me she didn't carry my size in stock as she appeals to curvy brides, hence the name, and would have to special order which would not be available by the time I needed it. I appreciated her quick response and honesty. I had to get my dress elsewhere, but her professionalism and honesty were very helpful! If I had had the time, I would have ordered from her! I highly recommend her to curvy brides!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I purchased my Allure bridal gown last night at the curvy bride. I found the dress online and called several boutiques and the curvy bride was the only place who had it! I drove an hour with my sister to visit her salon it was the first dress i tried on and i just knew it was the one! I came back a few weeks later with my mom, my sister, my son and a friend to do a "full" appointment and try on several dresses just to be sure i made the right choice. The last dress i tried on was MY dress the original one i fell in love with online and a few weeks before when i came in to try it on! Michelle the owner was absolutely amazing. She was very responsive not pushy at all and really made me feel beautiful! She has so many options all the dresses were gorgeous! She was so accommodating she actually came in with her assistant Maria on a Monday when the salon isn't even normally open just for me because it was the only day my Mom could make it in! I said yes to the dress and Maria poured us all champagne (which was peach and delicious by the way)! I am so so happy with my decision and even more excited that i got to work with such an awesome bridal salon!!!! HIGHLY recommend the curvy bride!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/1/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Sample Sales, Bride, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Plus Size Gowns, Veils

I am so happy I used the Curvy Bride in Manalapan for my wedding dress. The dress I picked was gorgeous and arrived early. I had sleeves added and I think it looked stunning on my wedding day. I received many compliments and would highly recommend this store. They also have beautiful accessories as well as many dress options that can be ordered in any size and customized just for you.

Profile Picture Kaileen, 5/27/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Veils, Alterations, Appts. Only

I cannot say enough good things about the staff at The Curvy Bride. I was terrified to go dress shopping and from the minute I walked in they made me feel special and like a princess. When I chose my dress they gave me and my family a champagne toast. Every dress fitting was easy and comfortable. The dress was absolutely gorgeous!! I wish I could wear it every single day! Thank you to everybody at The Curvy Bride for making the dress be my favorite part of wedding planning!

Profile Picture Shannon, 12/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Maria was fantastic. We did not feel pressured to make a choice on either visit. I didn't find the dress in my first visit and by the time I got back in store three weeks later there were entirely new dresses to try on! We said yes and it was great! Stress free!

Profile Picture Nikki, 12/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

This is the most amazing wedding dress shop that I went to. If you are like me and have curves like me then this is the place to shop. I went into a few other wedding dress shops and found that they did not have mankind dresses that I could dry on. The ones that I did didn't look right because I was squashed into them. The Curvy Bride helped me to find the perfect dress for my big day! The seamstress, Maria, did an amazing job make the dress fits like it was make just for me! Thank you to all of the wonderful ladies at the curvy bride that helped to make my day a big success.

Profile Picture joseph, 11/11/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Michelle, Paige & Lydia are AMAZING! Thank you SO MUCH for everything! The comfort level is the biggest deal when trying on dresses. They instantly made you feel at home, not pressured into buying and willing to work with you on anything from adding to your dress and working with budget. I KNEW this was the place and people for me when deciding on my perfect dress.

Profile Picture User7472368, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I loved my experience at The Curvy Bride! I wear a size 20 dress (sometimes a 22), and I fell in love with some Allure gowns online. I went to a bridal store with my mother in law to try on dresses and had a horrid time because they only had a few gowns that fit me. They kept trying to shove me in things that didn't fit or convince me to buy a gown without trying it on. Frustrated, I came across The Curvy Bride and immediately decided to check it out. It was fabulous! The whole experience was intimate and quiet, and I felt like I had all the options in the world. I bought my dream dress, and they were willing to hold it until I could drive back up to NJ (I live in DC) to pick up my dress. I highly recommend folks giving the store a try!

Profile Picture User6060896, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Bride, Appts. Only

Love the Curvy Bride!! The selection and pricing is excellent. The owner, seamstress, and staff are so nice and personable. They really listened to what I wanted, and also gave good, honest opinions when I needed them. This was the only bridal salon I visited and I bought the 6th dress I tried on here. I had the best experience and my dress fit like a glove! I highly recommend The Curvy Bride!

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/4/16, 6 Reviews