The Cue Catering Reviews

20 | Danbury, CT

20 Reviews for The Cue Catering

20 The Cue Catering Reviews

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

Thanks to The Cue, our wedding was great! The food was delicious and the staff was excellent! Sue and Alexa were great event coordinators and easy to work with! We highly recommend The Cue for any event and/or function; I know we’ll use them again!

Jamie · Married on 09/01/2018

Can't say enough about Joe and his staff! From the first email to the clean up, these guys did an amazing job! Sue and Joe made the planning process a breeze and of course, the food was phenomenal. I loved that Sue and Joe were so open to hearing our ideas and helpful in giving us suggestions of how to make them happen. Sue put in a lot of leg work prior to the wedding, going over all the details, table arrangements, etc. so come wedding day, the staff just went straight to work and didn't have to be directed in any way. They knew exactly what we wanted and did just that! Our guests raved about everything!!! Everyone loved the food but several comments were made to me about how much Joe and his staff are like a well oiled machine. They made sure everyone and everything was taken care of. As the bride and groom, we felt like we didn't have a care in the world knowing that Joe, Alexa and their staff were there to take of it all. You guys rock!!!!

Lori · Married on 06/02/2018

Last weekend The Cue Danbury catered my daughter’s wedding. It was through The Cue that we found our venue, Wood Acres Farm. Once the location was booked, the caterer was an obvious choice. I have used The Cue (formerly Event Caterers) for many family gatherings and knew that they would help create a magical day for Kate & Sean. The experience Joe, Sue, Lisa and staff bring to an event is unrivaled. They have an uncanny ability to oversee every detail with ease and flare. Lisa, our day of the event coordinator, was a fabulous leader, attending to every element throughout the day. Our guests were treated to endless hors d’oeuvres and refreshing drinks during the cocktail hour. Dinner was served family style with continuous trays of mouth watering edible delights. Everything was cooked to perfection and served in style. The Cue was very accommodating to our guest with food allergies and preferences, making sure, prior to the event, that there would be no issues. Everyone from The Cue was helpful, courteous, hardworking and friendly. They definitely enriched our fairytale day. I would highly recommend The Cue for your next catered event!

The Cue Catering 1
    The Cue Catering 2
    The Cue Catering 3
    The Cue Catering 4

Ashley · Married on 12/02/2017

Sue, Joe and their team were amazing! Our venue recommended them based on our December wedding and wanting hearty food for our guests. We went with the BBQ menu and they even brought their smoker with them. Everything we had that night from the appetizers to the family style served dinner and desserts were amazing. All of our guests raved about the food. Mark and I were very happy with not only the food but the service that they provided. I would definitely recommend Event Caterers and the Cue!

Caroline · Married on 10/14/2017

Sue and the entire Event Caterers staff were excellent. Sue was easy to work with, thorough, and her attention to detail made the night run seamlessly. She made sure everything was laid out as we had planned prior to guests arriving. At our tasting, the chef, Joe, was able to accommodate both my fiancé and my tastes perfectly. Our guests raved about the food. I would recommend Event Caterers again and again, they were wonderful and such nice people.

Kaitlin · Married on 09/30/2017

My husband and I got married at Candlelight Farms Inn in September 2017 and used the Cue/Event Caterers. We could not have found a better catering company! Sue & Joe were so easy and great to work with throughout the entire process. We chose to do a BBQ buffet and our guests are still talking about the amazing food (the mac and cheese is my personal favorite)! Several guests have told us they will be making a trip to The Cue for seconds. We also had several vegans and vegetarians and Sue & Joe made an excellent seasonal dish for them as well, we didn’t have a single unhappy guest. On top of providing excellent food, their service really is above and beyond. Their staff made sure my husband and I always had a drink in our hands and made sure to keep a constant supply of hors d’oeurves delivered during our photos. Sue also made sure that my husband and I got our dinner immediately so we didn’t forget to eat. She was so easy to work with and very quick to respond to any and all of our questions (and I had several) throughout the planning process. There are a lot of moving parts to a wedding at Candlelight and Sue and Joe were so great at making sure everything went smoothly. Everything was set up and coordinated exactly how we wanted it. Their staff worked together with our other vendors to make sure our day went perfectly and it did! I learned after the fact from our venue that there was an issue with the bathroom trailer we rented and Joe actually was coordinating to try to fix it, which was totally above and beyond his job description. I would definitely use them for a party in the future and highly recommend their services, especially to anyone getting married at Candlelight Farms!! I’d also suggest checking out The Cue to give their BBQ a try!

Caitlin · Married on 09/23/2017

Everyone we worked with was so great and the day went off without a hitch. Our friends are STILL raving about the food (especially) that fried chicken! Would recommend them to anyone looking for a fun, delicious wedding!

Necole · Married on 09/22/2017

Sue and the crew from Event Caterers made our wedding day a dream come true. She was so easy to work with - met with us to discuss food, decorations, she even knew most of the vendors I used and worked with them too!! The food was amazing - guests are still raving about it all! I highly recommend Event Caterers for any function in CT - especially the "not so typical" venue such as ours in an old, abandoned airport hangar at Candlelight Farms in New Milford. It was absolutely stunning! Thank you so much Sue and crew!

The Cue Catering 5
    The Cue Catering 6
    The Cue Catering 7
    The Cue Catering 8
    The Cue Catering 9
    The Cue Catering 10
    The Cue Catering 11

Nicole · Married on 09/16/2017

There isn't enough to say about Joe, Sue and the workers at Event Caterer's. Everything about them, from the moment we met, was complete hospitality, friendliness and professionalism. The food was to die for, and most guests have said they've never tasted food as elegant at any other wedding. We did the "Family Style", to offer a more elegant twist to 'buffet style', and the food, including our picky eating friends, was loved by EVERYONE. Sue was helpful in decorating and making everything perfect the day of as well, which helped ease my mind. My husband and I had our wedding at Candlelight Farms Inn on September 16th of 2017, and nothing short of a beautiful day it was. The food, the decor, the staff. We love you Joe and Sue! Anyone looking for comfort and a family feel of belonging, as well as outstanding food, look no further!

Diane · Married on 09/01/2017

Our daughter's wedding reception was at home in September 2017 and thanks to Event Caterers it was the most incredible food we could have asked for! Their professionalism and quality of service was 5+++ stars. The food was hot at every table, beyond delicious and the staff was very kind and helpful. Family & friends are still talking about how fantastic the food was! We couldn't have asked for anything better & will definitely use Joe & Sue's Event Caterers again!

Stephanie · Married on 06/10/2017

We can't say enough wonderful things about Event Caterers! We were absolutely blown away by the service and the food. My wedding guests are still talking about how delicious everything was. Sue, Joe & team are incredible people to work with and made everything seamless.

Sara · Married on 09/24/2016

Event Caterers is the catering company to use if you are getting married at Candlelight Farms Inn, or in fact, any other venue - they are that good. Food was extremely important to us, and to say it simply, their food is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Fresh, seasonal, local ingredients are used in a unique, gourmet presentation. You will not be disappointed in their food. In addition, they have a wide selection to choose from to satisfy every one's taste. Event Caterers did a great job accommodating several dietary needs at our wedding making sure all of our guests were taken care of. The team at Event Caterers is easy to work with, flexible and professional. On the day of our wedding, Event Caterers' staff went above and beyond to make sure every task was attended to, food came out fast and every guest was satisfied. I cannot say enough good things about Event Caterers, you will not be disappointed!

LeighAnne · Married on 09/10/2016

We chose Event Caterers to cater our wedding which was held at Candlelight Farms Inn in New Milford, CT. They were the first and last stop when it came to our dining choice for the wedding. Several of our friends have used them for their special events which extends beyond the wedding spectrum. They’ve been knock outs at all of them. We initially met with Joe Yorio (the owner) and Sue to discuss what we had in mind. They had an extensive menu to sift through; after much deliberation we narrowed it down to what would be a very delicious wedding menu. We had our first tasting several weeks later; we loved it all but wanted to try a few other items. Joe had recommended we come back closer to the wedding because the accompanying fruits/vegetables would be in season. After that second visit, we knew we had a menu everyone would enjoy (and they did!). Not only did Joe, Sue, and their staff make some amazing food, but their presentation and professionalism was uncanny. We chose a “family style” service. Everyone passed the different menu options around during dinner and just watching the interaction amongst everyone at their tables was worth it. Everyone loved the food and kept asking for more. We’d love to recommend Event Caterers to cater your upcoming wedding, bon appetite!

Megan · Married on 08/06/2016

Amazing! Joe and Sue are awesome! Food was excellent! So many compliments! They were extremely helpful and accommodating! Everything was perfect!!

Rebecca · Married on 06/27/2015

We used Event Caterers for our daughters June wedding. We hosted a three day weekend. Welcome dinner lobster cook out, wedding with cocktail hour and BBQ dinner and a brunch. We had a large menu for the wedding dinner because when we did the tastings everything was so delicious. From the planning stage to the actual events they were incredibly helpful, generous with their time and resources, and very supportive of our vision. They provided us with a unique, creative, artisan menu for each day. We had a 170 guests and each plate of family style dinner came out hot and fresh. We felt that they were extremely well priced for the service and quality of food, table decoration and plate presentation. We had a dessert table of outrageously delicious desserts like Jack Daniels cupcakes, hot cinnamon donuts, peanut butter and jelly cookies, fig and lavender macaroons, individual cherry pies with lattice crusts and the list goes on. Each hand crafted dessert was superb! We couldn't have been happier with their attentive professional service and delicious food. The owner Joe, Sue and Brittany are as good as it gets! And because their gourmet expertise expands to fine dining we look forward to using them again with a formal menu.

Elizabeth · Married on 05/22/2015

Joe and his entire staff at Event Caterers did a phenomenal job at my wedding in May 2015. Here we are almost 9 months later and we are STILL receiving compliments on how outstanding our food was. From our first initial meeting, we knew that Joe and his team were going to cater the wedding of our dreams. My husband and I are big foodies and having top-notch, restaurant quality food was extremely important to us for the big day.

Joe is an extremely passionate chef with an eye for detail! He has an extensive catering menu and will tailor your meal to your specific liking and is very conscious of any food allergies (I have a gluten intolerance and Joe made everything GF for me). If you have a favorite dish from a restaurant, Joe will try and recreate that for you, too. He's more than willing to experiment and try new recipes out for you! He offers a plated dinner service, family style service, and buffet style service. We opted for the family style service as it fit with our venue, The Washington Club, perfectly. We loved the idea of family style because everyone would get to taste the dinner/sides that we picked. There was no need to worry about people going hungry; one of our biggest compliments was our guests telling us how the "food kept being replenished".

Our wedding coordinator was Lisa who also did an outstanding job (thank you, thank you!!!). Event Caterers doesn't just cater your wedding, they help organize, execute, set up, and cleanup everything. Lisa met with us multiple times at the venue and at our outside vendors to make sure we were all on the same page. She facilitated the coordination with all the other vendors (DJ, cake, flowers) and was on hand the day of the wedding making sure everything ran smoothly. She was truly a pleasure to work.

If you are planning a wedding or party of ANY kind, I HIGHLY recommend you check out Event Caterers in Danbury! If we could do it all over again, we would have a wedding just for them to cater!

Joe and his team at Event Caterers were fantastic. My husband is a chef, so as you can imagine, the food at our wedding was extremely important to us. We met Joe while looking at wedding venues. We visited a venue (different from the venue we ultimately chose) and Joe and his team were setting up for an event taking place later that evening. My husband was immediately impressed by Joe's mobile kitchen. We can't stand chafing dishes and pre-cooked/re-heated food so this was a huge selling point for us. Joe cooks all food on premises.

Throughout the course of the year, Joe worked closely with us to create a menu that reflected the local Hudson Valley area and captured the Autumn season. As you can imagine, we had some strong opinions and demands, and Joe responded always with "no problem - we can make it happen." Joe even took a day to meet us at our venue (which he had never been to before) to scout the site, meet other vendors and nail down details with us.

We did family style service which I would highly recommend. The food was delicious. We are still getting rave reviews - "best food I've ever had at a wedding" etc. And keep in mind that our guests included a lot of chefs and food industry folks (tough crowd).

Joe and his team were wonderful the day of. Professional, thorough, clean, attentive, friendly. The owner of the farm venue where we were married has extremely high standards - perhaps even higher than ours - and even he was impressed and said that he would recommend Joe and Event Caterers to his future wedding couples.

Menu recommendation: Joe's roast Long Island duck with pumpkin ravioli! People are still talking about it…

• paulene

paulene · Married on 09/20/2014

What can I say? Joe, Sue, Sam and everyone at Event Caterers, we are so grateful for having you all at our wedding. The food was delicious and the service was beyond my expectations. The crew started setting up several hours before our wedding and were so helpful in putting the decorations out, setting up the chairs and flower petals on the ground for the ceremony, laying out all the table arrangements and all the little details I had planned for my wedding. The extra hands they provided really put me at ease and I was able to relax that morning and get my hair and makeup done. Thank you guys so much!!

If you are in need of a catering service, please contact Joe Yorio @ Event caterers in Danbury, Ct

Joe has a wonderful competent staff of professional people and his food is beyond delicious! He is a fabulous chef with years of experience and is more than willing to please ...Joe will work with you 150%

His attention to detail in preparing and presenting his food is second to none. If you are in search of a caterer for any occassion, but especially a wedding, do not hesitate to give Event Caterers a try.

We used Joe for our daughters' wedding in 2011 and now for our rehearsal and wedding.

Oh yes, and ours was a Halloween themed wedding with costumes......Joe & his staff dressed up for us and Joe came up with some unique fall delights to tempt our guests

Leslie · Married on 08/10/2018

3.5

The Cue recently catered our daughter’s wedding and the guests raved about the food. Thank you Sue, Joe and staff for helping to make their evening admirable!