The Crystal Lenz Reviews

The Crystal Lenz 5
  • Jeff

Jeff Shipp · Married on 11/11/2019

What a joy

We hired Lanie for our upcoming wedding this fall, but first we did an engagement shoot!
    Wow. We got a lot of amazing pictures.
    Lanie is both professional and fun to work with. We had a blast during our shoot, mostly laughing at ourselves and how we are terrible at following her directions. She captured our joy that day.
    I couldn't believe how many different ideas we got to try in only about an hour. Some things work out, some dont. That's the way it goes. But we just relaxed and had a good time and there was a ton of great stuff that come out of it!
    I feel at ease that we hired The Crystal Lenz for our wedding. I cant wait.

The Crystal Lenz 6
    The Crystal Lenz 7
    Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Meagan

Meagan Root · Married on 04/26/2019

Perfect wonderful amazing!

Lanie was AMAZING to work with!!! She got all of the photographs I wanted and many more after that. She had amazing suggestions for scenery and props and poses and I am so so excited to see all the pictures. She even asked where I wanted pictures and made sure to check with me before she left for the evening. She was absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 04/29/2019
  • Tifani

Tifani · Married on 07/28/2018

Perfect Photos!

Lani and her assistant were fantastic! They captured all the moments I wanted plus more. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • Wendy

Wendy · Married on 04/20/2018

Lanie was amazing. It was everything I dreamed it would be and she captured so many moments! I will always recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 04/29/2018

megan · Married on 10/28/2017

Lanie and her team were fantastic to work with! My husband and I are both a bit camera-shy and painfully awkward when it comes to posing, but Lanie helped us open up and we ended up having a really fun time, both at our engagement shoot and wedding. The photos we received from The Crystal Lenz were GORGEOUS. We had a 6 pm wedding in late October, so we did most of our shots before the ceremony due to lighting concerns, and we couldn't be happier with how they all came out. Lanie's studio is right on site at Morningside Inn, where we were married, and she knew all the best spots for photos. Not only were the wedding party photos great, but the photos of our guests were beautiful and we're so grateful to have captured every single one of our guests at the reception. We received nothing but compliments from our guests and also the other vendors about the professionalism shown by Lanie and her team the day of our wedding, and we'd highly recommend booking her for your special day!

The Crystal Lenz 8
    The Crystal Lenz 14
    The Crystal Lenz 15
    Sent on 01/15/2018

Nicole · Married on 09/09/2017

Lanie was great!! we used her for our engagement photos and wedding. she was view responsive, everytime i emailed her she would email right back! at the wedding she did alot of the photos i requested and was similar with the venue so she took us to all the right spots! I received a few sneak peaks of the wedding photos and they were AMAZING. I know the rest will be just as good! I highly recommend The Crystal Lenz!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Kristin · Married on 09/09/2017

Creative, fun, energetic, responsive, professional, flexible, and detailed are just a few words that describe Lanie and her team at Crystal Lenz. Not to mention AMAZING photographers! She captured everything in the photos she took that day. It truly looks like a story when you look through all of them from start to end. The quality of the photos is amazing! She will work with you to make sure all of the shots that you want are covered but then she uses her creativity to come up with even better shots! She goes above and beyond for you. We had a couple that missed the extended family photo so she took individual shots of them so that she could place them in it with the special edits! The coverage was well mixed too! She had photos of all of the guests whether they were dancing, sitting at tables, or mingling. Thanks to Lanie and her team we have beautiful photos documenting our perfect wedding day! We could not be happier with our decision to book Crystal Lenz and we will definitely use them for future photo needs. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Miriam · Married on 05/07/2017

My wedding hasn't yet happened, so I will update then, but after meeting with Lainie, I am very impressed. First of all, there was a misunderstanding about when/where we were meeting, and she went out of her way to come meet us in person when she wasn't feeling well. Our conversation went very well, and I felt like she was really trying to get a sense of what we wanted and what would work for us, which was important to me, since my family has had experiences in the past with feeling bullied by photographers. Looking forward to the wedding!

Sent on 12/25/2016

Maria · Married on 05/06/2017

Excellent photographer ! She ensured her and her assistant captured every detail and special moment. Very reasonable costs , professional and accommodating towards our photos request. I highly recommend the Crystal Lenz for your special day.

Sent on 06/28/2017

Kirstin · Married on 09/17/2016

Lanie and her assistants were absolutely wonderful! We had two photographers and the video booth. All of our pictures turned out beautiful and we couldn't be happier. Our guests loved the video booth and it's a great keepsake from the wedding.

Sent on 04/20/2017

By far the best photographers!!!! Lanie and her team were on time, professional and the best at directing the crowd, she knew exactly what she was doing!! I cannot wait to see my photographs I would recommend her to anyone!!!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Amazing photography. Lanie has great ideas and always takes wonderful pictures. We had her and John do our engagement pictures and wedding pictures. Were obsessed with them and have them hanging all over the house. The sessions were so much fun and so worth it!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/27/2014

Lanie and her team were absolutely wonderful! They went above and beyond for us. It was so fun working with them because they were enthusiastic and supportive of everything. I loved that we had one photographer in the brides room and one in the grooms room while getting ready, they really captured some amazing moments! They remembered to take all of the pictures we requested, even when we forgot! Lanie was so kind and sent us several pictures early (a week after the wedding) to use for our Thank You cards. We really appreciated that! We are looking forward to receiving our images and keeping in touch with such nice people!! Thanks for everything :)

Sent on 07/10/2014

Robin · Married on 05/10/2014

Lanie was awesome! So many of our guests commented on how great she was, capturing moments that otherwise may have been missed. She is a lot of fun and does a fantastic job!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Meaghan · Married on 03/28/2014

Lanie was great! she was very friendly and professional. My husband and I are so happy with the quality of our photos too!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2013

After interviewing several photographers, Lanie was our choice hands down!! She takes the time to know you and know what you like. She is very creative, organized and offers up great advice and ideas. She and her assistant Melanie were fabulous on wedding day!! Took us through everything with NO stress! Since she works right there with morningside, she knows the staff and venue well, which made for a very stress free and smooth day. It was like having a friend take our pictures. Love her :)

Sent on 10/09/2013

Lauren · Married on 05/18/2013

Lanie was great. She is very easy to work with, and takes great photos.

Sent on 05/28/2013

Lanie and the other Crystal Lenz photographers were fantastic to work with! They made us feel at ease throughout the whole process and produced fantastic work. At the last minute (about 2 wks before the wedding) I completely freaked because we had decided not to do a videographer and I was beginning to regret it. When I told Lanie my concerns she told me not to worry and that they could handle the videography as well as the the photos day of. This was such a relief! And since she knew our budget was tight she gave us an extremely reasonable price. We recently received the photos and loved them! We are still waiting on the video but if the photos are any indication it will be great!

Sent on 05/17/2013

Tania · Married on 05/02/2009

This vendor rocks. My engagement photos and wedding pics all came out great. the staff was fantastic and i wouldnt change a thing.

Sent on 05/08/2009

Katherine · Married on 10/26/2013

Lanie is, hands down, amazing. She is so creative, fun and quirky. She does amazing work and really listens to what you want. She did our engagement session as well as our wedding at Morningside Inn and was wonderful.... she knows the venue so well. It was great working with her!!

Sent on 10/27/2013

Jamie · Married on 09/08/2012

Lanie and Joe were great. Very creative and lots of good ideas. Very good sports as they had to follow my confused limo driver around Arlington. They were early and had a ton of equipment. I can't wait to see the final products. They are quiet and you barely noticed that they are there. It's the first wedding I've been to that the priest at the church wasn't annoyed with the photographer. I would definitely recommend them. They also come as a pair. I went through another company to find them and that company only "guarantees" one photographer, which is crazy for a wedding, but Lanie and Joe are a pair deal and they are worth it.

Sent on 09/24/2012

Lisa · Married on 06/26/2016

3.5
      3.5

The photos that we have from our wedding are beautiful. However, on the day of our wedding Lanie came in and told me a lot of the photos I had posted on my pinterest board involved a veil and she didn't understand why if I wasn't wearing a veil. I was a bit confused and told her if any had a veil then it was the pose I liked and not the veil. Some of the first shots she had me do she said were based on what she said she saw from my pinterest board which I did not recall, but hey, I had a million things going on and didn't think to question it. Unfortunately, I looked at my pinterest board the day after the wedding and saw she must have looked at a different brides board because many of the poses we had done were not on my board. It sounds easy to fix in the moment, but when the wedding is happening, it's hard to stop and say let me show you my board especially when you dont have a phone handy.
    My only other issue was that many of the photos focus on people on the dance floor which are lovely but the older people at our wedding who were sitting at the tables were hardly photographed other than their one table shot if at all if they didn't get up to dance. My husband and I were not on the dance floor that much as we were trying to get around to all guests and we wished it least one of the photographers had followed us to get candids of that as we are hardly in those dancing shots.
    The shots Lanie did capture are very nice though so we are pleased with what she did capture. We just wish it had been a but different.

Sent on 07/17/2016

The Crystal Lenz's reply:

Thank you Lisa for you review! I am sorry to hear you had some poses you would have preferred to do at your wedding. We had the Pinterest board on our phone with us while we were doing them that way should we have not done the correct poses we could have fixed that easily right away. If only someone had told us while doing them! I am sincerely sorry and I will make note in the furture to show the board we are using to the bride as soon as I get there in case it is not her board! We have a large Pinerest group and this could easily happen so I appreciate your notes. I am happy that you were pleased with your photos beyond the board and I hope you come back again for family shots in our studio at Morningside Inn.