25 Reviews for The Corner District

Outside Alcohol (3)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)
Lighting/Sound (1)
24 The Corner District Reviews

The venue has a day of coordinator, Ivy, to ensure the day goes smooth as possible. She was AMAZING! Anything I needed, she was right there and had it covered within minutes. My family was acting up, she handled it without me even knowing there was an issue. The venue is so beautiful and very accommodating to any ideas you have. They don't charge you for random things and are very straight forward with their pricing and what's included. I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Profile Picture Katie, 11/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I couldn't brag enough about how great the entire team at The Corner District was! I used Ivy, the in-house coordinator, as well as Mike, the in-house DJ and both put their heart and soul into my wedding. I would recommend this blank canvas venue to anyone with a big or small budget.

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Chairs, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Indoor

This venue is an amazing value! Debbie and Ivy communicated with myself and my family wonderfully throughout. And both went above and beyond my expectations. After much researching we ended up using all the vendors they recommended as we couldn't beat the quality for the price offered. The wedding coordinator Meghan was incredible. She was always one step ahead of what we needed and kept the whole night running smoothly. We had the most intimate ceremony in this charming venue. All our guests loved the ambiance of the building and downtown area. We are so very happy with our choice and you will be too!

Profile Picture Evelyn, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

Debbie, Ivy, and everyone at the Corner District went above and beyond to make my wedding day go off without a hitch. As someone who was an unusual NOT Type A bride, I really relied on them to make the day perfect and special. With Ivy in charge, I could really put trust in her and the venue and not have to question that the little details were taken care of. Even though my ceremony was offsite at the AW Roberts House down the street, Debbie and Ivy helped to make the property pleasing to me and the guests- which included a styled hydration station. Ivy and the Corner District set me up with really wonderful vendors to make each part of the wedding special- hair and make up, the ceremony, reception decor, florals, photography, cake, vintage plates, entertainment... and they all did a stunning job. What a perfect day!

Profile Picture Christen, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter's wedding could not have been more beautiful. Since reviews are always somewhat biased, let me begin with the rave reviews of our guests. We brought together people from Manhattan, NY to Daytona Beach, FL, and from every side of our family and friends, we heard how beautiful and fun the wedding was. In fact, many said it was the best or one of the best weddings they had attended. The day began on the fiance's family property, and ended with a reception at The Corner District. They worked with us to plan and execute the entire day. Ivy, our planner, is a gifted young lady who has great vision and a natural talent for weddings. She listened carefully to our daughter and helped to explain her wishes to the venders. She communicated with us regularly throughout our year of planning, and was patient with our developing ideas such as colors and the many other details. She was also clear about deadlines and when decisions had to be made not to mention flexible with our schedules. Ivy, the owner, and Megan had the day perfectly in sync. The timing was flawless, and they were adamant that the bridal party and family not feel stress of any kind. The bartenders were fast, worked hard, and pleasant. The DJ was hands down the best. Everyone danced! The young, old, and everyone in between enjoyed the night. The music was so appealing that the line dance stuff was never needed. The food was delicious and the cake was exactly what my daughter and her fiancé wanted. The dining hall was stunning and the rustic barn provided the perfect environment for dancing and celebrating!

Profile Picture Joanna, 6/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough good things about The Corner District and both Debbie and Ivy. They were both an absolute pleasure to work with, answered my millions of questions, and made the day absolutely perfect. They were super flexible about how we wanted to set things up and just went above and beyond to make it the most wonderful day. The day of the wedding, Ivy was amazing. She not only kept everything on schedule and running smoothly but also made sure my now-husband and I ate and always had a drink in hand. I knew from the minute we walked into the venue and met with them both that this was the perfect venue for us and it exceeded my expectations. We just got good vibes from the get-go and I couldn't have asked for a better venue, staff, and experience. I would absolutely recommend this venue and Debbie and Ivy. Thank you both for making our wedding the best day ever!

Also wanted to mention how amazing my flowers/greenery turned out thanks to Ivy. She's incredibly talented and I'm so glad I went with her.

Profile Picture Kat, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

After searching for the perfect venue and planners for our daughters wedding, we decided on The Corner District in Ball Ground Ga.. We had family/friends come from Florida, Texas, South Carolina, Louisiana, and even Colorado. Our guests where blown away with all.the attention to detail. The beauty and elegance of the venue is like no other. Debbie, and her entire team went above any expectations we may have had and carried out the most memorable day for our daughter, her handsome groom, and all of our family and friends. Can never Thank The Corner District, Debbie and her professional team/vendors enough. "10" ?'s

Profile Picture Sheri, 1/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

They were extremely helpful throughout the entire process and the venue was beautiful!

Profile Picture User5626126, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Debbie listens to what you want, adapts to your budget and takes care of everything. Lovely venue! We had an amazing time as did our guests. I HIGHLY recommend the venue and Debbie's services.

Profile Picture Jill , 12/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Corner District is absolutely beautiful and the people that run the venue make sure to take great care of it and keep it's integrity. That being said, they refrain from hanging items on the walls which I thought would be a downer, but it was really exciting to think outside the box and decide how to decorate the space. They definitely do their best to work with you and answer questions. They even have an option to have the bridal party rent out the studio space next door to get ready in for the "Big Day" which came complete with lunch and snacks! Everything was absolutely perfect for my wedding! I highly recommend this event space.

Profile Picture Bethany, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were so impressed with The Corner District! Everyone who attended the rehearsal dinner commented on how much they loved the venue--exposed brick, hardwood floors, and especially the ambiance created by the white draping:) Debbie is so easy to work with and goes out of her way to offer suggestions and make recommendations to pull everything together. The caterer she recommended was exceptional:) I would whole-heartedly recommend The Corner District for your special event:)

Profile Picture Allison, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Corner District was an amazing venue for a wedding and reception. Their spaces are gorgeous and easily customized to fit your wedding's colors and theme. Their prices are very reasonable compared to other vendors in the North Georgia area. The fact that you can utilize your own caterers is a major plus. Working with Debbie to iron out all of the details from the initial visit to the day of the wedding was a delightful experience. All of our guests thoroughly enjoyed sharing in our daughter and son-in-law's special day. I would highly recommend The Corner District to anyone wanting to create special memories.

Profile Picture User6044960, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Chairs, Linens, Outside Alcohol

My daughter and her fiancé (now husband) were blessed to win the Military giveaway through Bridal Ground. They chose to use The Corner District for their ceremony and reception this Fall and everything was perfect!! The venue itself was the foremost reason they selected The Corner District. The Parlor is beautiful with it’s high ceilings, hardwood floors, amazing wood bar, and beautiful chandeliers. If you are wanting a cozy, intimate feel for your big day, The Corner District is the place for you! The entire process from beginning to end was so easy. Debbie (venue coordinator) was always available for questions and suggestions along the way. She made the planning process simple. The day of went so smoothly, from the minute we arrived until the night was over. Everything about the day was truly wonderful! I would highly recommend The Corner District!

Profile Picture Ronda, 11/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Not only is the venue versatile with two different spaces to choose from, but working with Debbie was so effortless and easy that if I had to do it all over again, I'd choose to work with her every time!

Profile Picture Kaci, 11/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Debbie Ley and Kaylene Ghorley at The Corner District helped to make our daughter's wedding a total delight. The venue is just beautiful and all of our guests loved it and had a blast! Debbie and Kaylene really know what they are doing. Every vendor they recommended to us was extremely responsive and professional to work with. Debbie and Kaylene had a wonderful timeline prepared that made the day run totally smoothly. As the mother of the bride, I was able to enjoy the whole day and visit with our guests and not even think about the specifics.
My husband and I could not ask for a better day for our daughter and ourselves as well. We would be totally confident to recommend The Corner District to our family and friends.

Profile Picture Kim , 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

Whatever you do, GET MARRIED HERE! I cannot write enough good things about this venue and its owners. After speaking with so many venues in Georgia we were so discouraged. Every other venue either provided everything and was so turn key to the point where you did not get to have any input or they hardly provided anything at all. Then we found The Corner District. The moment I met co-owner Debbie Ley I knew that this is where we would get married. She gave us options to make it as turn key as we wanted or gave us the option to custom create whatever we wanted. She was there to support us and help us create the day of our dreams.

And the venue is gorgeous! We wanted a venue that spoke for itself, not a cookie cutter venue. It has the original hardwood floors, plaster walls, and exposed brick from the general store it once was in the early 1900's, and it has several beautiful chandeliers that soften the space just enough. It really was the perfect venue for us.

Profile Picture Abby, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Chairs, Indoor, Outside Alcohol, Event Planning, Event Rentals

My husband and I had our engagement party/shower at The Corner District in the Warehouse portion of the venue. It was the perfect space for a casual, laid back get together that made the event way more fun than hosting it at one of our houses, as well as way more affordable than other wedding venues out there. I really love that they host other events rather than just weddings, and that they have the two separate spaces allowing you to just rent out one space to save money. The staff was lovely, going above and beyond on my design ideas to make it really special, even though it was just a party. Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the indoor/outdoor vibe with the s'mores + fire pit. I highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Kristen, 11/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Corner District is a beautiful venue nestled in downtown Ball Ground, GA. I had a vintage rustic wedding theme and this venue could not have been more perfect for it. The value of what you got and the flexibility to change things around was amazing. The wedding coordinators that came with the package could not have been more awesome, and I only brought minimal decor with me everything else was included. If you are looking for great timeless venue look no further!!

Profile Picture Shanell, 2/14/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Outside Alcohol, Chairs, Linens

My son and my daughter-in-law held their wedding at The Corner District this past weekend and we could not be more pleased with the venue! Debbie, Ivy and Megan were wonderful to work with, they were very accommodating and definitely helped to make the wedding a very memorable day for all involved. The venue itself is special in that it has history, character and charm - all of which added a wonderful dimension to the wedding.
The wedding day was seamless - from the accommodations for the bridal party to prepare for the ceremony, to the vendors who were recommended to do hair and make-up - it was all a great experience! The wedding decor, food, bartender and DJ also were excellent. Debbie and her crew even packed up everything for us at the end of the night.
I would highly recommend The Corner District!
Many thanks to The Corner District for helping to make the wedding day of two very special people so special!

Profile Picture Barbara, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My fiancee and I had a shower at The Corner District preceding our wedding. Parking was ample, which can be a challenge at some venues. There's plenty of room to accommodate a number of people or a smaller party if need be. The layout of the room provides plenty of space for a full bar and an area to arrange the food comfortably. The high ceilings provide the necessary acoustics, and the architecture is timeless. We wanted to stay away from trendy because we wanted those photographs to stand the test of time. Debbie was responsive and provided more than enough assistance. She's well versed in the industry and works to ensure you're comfortable with the process. The entire event was well-executed. The Corner District's value is immeasurable. I'll be interested in hosting other events there as well. Thanks Debbie! It was an experience we won't forget.

Profile Picture Britt, 10/15/16, 1 Review
3.3

ORIGINAL EDIT : Looking back after receiving our photos, I had to change my review as I do have a complaint. We paid extra to have a light backdrop during our ceremony based on a photo from another wedding (darker photo attached). Comparing our backdrop (that was messed up during the ceremony) to the photo we based our decision on, they are not the same. I did not like our backdrop as it had less lights and a piece of fabric that we weren't expecting AND if you look at each side of the backdrop, the two fabrics are not even. Ours is the lighter photo attached without greenery (which we knew wasn't included).

ADDITIONAL EDIT : I recently learned the original light backdrop was broken when they turned it on the night before our wedding, so they ordered lights to be shipped overnight and tried to recreate the backdrop. I'm upset I was never told there was a situation with the lights nor were my bridesmaids, MOH, mom, mother-in-law, & husband-to-be. I feel strongly that if something as big as the whole ceremony backdrop is messed up, the bride or someone in the wedding party should be asked their opinion on how to proceed. If I had been given the choice of nothing or the lighted backdrop they recreated, I would have absolutely chose nothing. Debbie, the owner, did recently refund the money I paid for the backdrop, which I appreciate greatly.

I still think the package pricing is great and I appreciated their flexibility on the day of the wedding when my husband forgot our dog's crate and Debbie let him hang with us during the reception (and we have some cute photos because of this!). Our original day-of coordinator, Ivy, had just had a baby, so she was not able to work our wedding. Meghan was her replacement and she was personally very nice to me. However, I do think if Ivy had been there that she would have handled the backdrop problem differently and a few other problems we had would not have occurred. I just think we had a less knowledgeable/trained team.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 9/22/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Chairs, Linens
0.5

The owner and staff, Ivy Marie Weddings, are inexperienced and unprofessional. I constantly had to follow up for requests as easy as a measurement, which they never gave me and I took at my 60 day meeting. Ivy and her staff are amateurs learning on the job and have no right being involved in people's special days that you've spent thousands on. The air went out in the venue, May 27, and it was 85 degrees inside. The high for that day in Ball Ground was 82. The owner Debbie and her staff put the blame on guests and caterers for the heat when it was obvious there was an issue with their AC. When asking for some money to be reimbursed due to the inferno (which only seemed fair) and several other issues we had with the venue and staff, I was told I would hear back from them and never did. Being that this is a once in a lifetime day that most of us dream of, it will inevitably be ruined with their inability to run a venue, communicate with each other, and their attitude. We were given several inconsistencies throughout the process and even asked what our details were at the rehearsal. As you can imagine, it was frustrating when they were unresponsive until the day of. They set a self serve drink station and claim that the bartender, that was an extra cost,only serves alcohol which was never mentioned. Extra costs will pop up last minute with the venue, so beware. Ivy is rude and does not listen to your needs or wants as a bride,as is her next in line Megan who will be learning on the job. Many times Megan dropped the ball and snapped at my guests. It's heartbreaking to hear how she spoke to people after the wedding was done and after so much money was spent. They say they are all inclusive but you will do all the work. Save yourself the stress and heartache and go to a venue who is established, professional, and wants to help you, vs one that takes styled photo shoots, excuses over work, and couldn't care less. Corner District is just after your money.

Profile Picture Vanessa, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
0.5

After the contract for my daughter's wedding was signed, Debbie's and Ivy's attitude changed from friendly to indifference. The planning process was stressful due to, in part, lack of communication between Debbie and Ivy which resulted in inconsistencies as it pertains to rules and policies. This made it difficult for our planning purposes. The lack of prompt responses to our questions and requests created more work for us as we had to call numerous times on the same subject. On the day of the event we were surprised to find that some of the services were not provided as agreed during the planning period and the room was not properly air conditioned which made it very hot during the reception. In summary, it was a very disappointing and upsetting experience to do business with The District Corner.

Profile Picture Lourdes, 5/27/17, 1 Review