The Comus Inn at Sugarloaf Mountain Reviews

114 Reviews for The Comus Inn at Sugarloaf Mountain

1 User photo

The Comus Inn at Sugarloaf Mountain 1

Taylor · Married on 09/12/2015

We booked our wedding at the Comus Inn over a year before our wedding. Megan was very helpful throughout the whole planning process. I loved our wedding and I think we got a lot for our money. Our officiant was late due to insane traffic and the Comus Inn staff worked with us to flip the cocktail hour with the ceremony. There was also a chance of rain at the time of our ceremony so we were married under the tent. Their food and service is great. I also loved how they provided cake samples at the tasting. We ended up doing the cake through them too and it was great. They took care of so many of the details and made the planning process way less stressful.

Sent on 09/20/2015

Loving working with the Comus Inn.

Sent on 02/23/2015

Glenn · Married on 09/12/2014

The event was exquisite. The table was laid out beautifully, the staff were attentive and so easy to deal with - no one ever had to ask for anything. The dinner was well prepared and very tasty. The grounds were immaculate and the weather was perfect. We could not have asked for a better day and the Comus Inn most certainly was a part of that perfection.

Sent on 09/14/2014

Sharon · Married on 05/26/2013

I can't say enough good things about my experience with the Comus Inn. If you're like me, you've seen many of your close friends get incredibly stressed out during wedding planning, fixating on the tiniest of details while juggling fourteen thousand things simultaneously. By working with the Comus Inn, so much of that stress and detail-coordination was relieved. They are so familiar with weddings that they ask you the necessary questions and make the arrangements before it's even occurred to you to worry about that particular item.

We worked with Cheryl, who was incredibly responsive and helpful in ensuring that all of our needs were met. Not only were they met, they were exceeded. For example, we had four grandparents 90+ years old in attendance, and the Comus Inn team made sure that there was a specially reserved table for them during the cocktail hour, as well as non-alcoholic beer to keep the grandpas feeling like a part of the celebrations. In addition, they made sure that a server was specifically assigned to me and my husband, bringing appetizers and drinks down to the picture area during the cocktail hour, and also keeping us fed and hydrated during the reception (none of that "I didn't have time to eat at my wedding" here!).

The venue itself is beautiful, and you couldn't ask for a more idyllic setting. Food tasted excellent, staff couldn't have been more helpful, and we couldn't have been happier.

I was a bit overwhelmed by the pricing at first, but I promise you get what you pay for. From the moment the bridal party gets there (champagne and snacks in the room, anyone?) to the moment you leave (you have no idea how nice it is to turn to head out and have all of your stuff already packed up and ready to go in a car), the staff is on top of things.

We loved having our wedding here, and the venue comes with the highest of recommendations for others.

Sent on 06/18/2013

Nihal · Married on 09/01/2012

I cannot begin to explain just how wonderful the Comus Inn is. We started looking for a wedding venue approx. 3-4 months prior to our selected date and by some miracle, the gorgeous Comus Inn had an opening.
    The process of planning the wedding was amazingly smooth. My husband and I were not exactly organized, we were last minute and, as most of our friends and family are from outside the country, we were literally counting guests and meals a day before the wedding. Cheryl the wedding coordinator was SUPER patient and incredibly organized, she was never pushy and always emailed me with questions and responded to mine immediately, she accepted my last minute changes and smiled as we were 2 hours late for our rehearsal! The wedding day itself was a dream. We didnt really have to explain to the staff how we wanted our tables to look, we just handed the decorations to them and they took care of everything. Lisa from the Inn was also incredible, she made sure I had nothing to worry about and ran around all night ensuring everything was perfect. All I had to do was just look pretty and enjoy myself.
    I cannot recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 09/08/2012

Averelle · Married on 07/08/2011

I am happy to report that this was BARNONE the easiest wedding I ever planned!!! Not to be tacky, this was wedding #2, and we really were completely focused on the bond we share, and didn't want to be bothered with linens, food selection or any other detail. Cheryl at the Comus was so accomodating and such a great sport about the whole thing. If you want a carefree wedding experience, you can certainly rely on the staff at the Comus Inn to handle every detail. They also provide MANY choices for the 1st time bride who wants every detail to be exact. The venue is very kid friendly with a great "field" for running around in the back and food choices that even the pickiest kid couldn't resist. We were on a very small budget and their flexibility and willingness to "make it work" was priceless!! It's a beautiful drive to The Comus Inn and the view from the back patio is amazing. It is such a warm and intimate setting, and sunset is probably the best time of day to hold your event/ceremony. I will NOT be getting married again, but look forward to better economic times so we can celebrate one of our anniversaries with all our loved ones back at the Comus Inn. :)

Sent on 07/26/2011

kt · Married on 06/11/2011

We had such an amazing wedding at the Comus Inn. I dare say that it was PERFECT thanks to the help of Cheryl, their wonderful event coordinator, and their staff.

We picked the site based on it's beautiful setting at the foot of Sugarloaf Mountain and their ability to hold the wedding and ceremony on the same site. After eating at the their restaurant a few times we were also convinced that the price for their food was well worth it too.

Cheryl was great to work with! We met with her over a year before we planned to get married and coordinated most of the details via e-mail since we live in Arizona. There were a few times it would like several days to get a response, but as our wedding approached her responses were much quicker. Some of the e-mails were involving coordinating decorations and even getting samples of several different green linens so that we could plan our centerpieces. For our rehearsal our officiant was late, but Cheryl was calm and collected as she helped explain the wedding events and conducted most of the rehearsal. On the day of the wedding there were thunderstorms threatening our outdoor ceremony, but she calmly explained our options and when we needed to make a decision if the ceremony would remain outside. You will be thankful for her professional and calm manner when you are nervous about walking down the isle and balling with tears during your vows - I know I was.

On another note, the tent, dance floor and fans for the tent are all shared with other events that happen that same weekend. So it was great to get a price break and help other brides out by adding these items to our reception. Initially we thought we didn't need a dance floor and would dance on the concrete patio any ways, but we are really glad Cheryl offered a discount for sharing the floor that didn't tear up our dancing shoes!

Last but not least, the food was amazing! I could list all the wonderful things we had on our buffet, but from what I could tell anything you order there will be great! I would definitely recommend the Comus Inn for your wedding ceremony and/or reception.

Have fun at your wedding and a wonderful marriage!

Sent on 06/26/2011
  • Mar

Mar · Married on 10/10/2010

We LOVED the Comus Inn. It was such a beautiful venue to have both our ceremony and reception. Cheryl, the event planner, was a pleasure to work with. She was flexible, laid back, and gave good insight. She only gave advice when asked which as a bride I truly appreciated. The night was perfect and we couldn't ask for a better venue. The only reason why I put 4.5 stars for the quality of service was because the waiters were talking very loudly to our guests when it was time to servie the meals and people were giving their speeches during this time. To their credit they were asking the meal choices of some guests but it was during the speeches so we had to tell the wait staff to speak softer. Overall it was the perfect place to have a wedding. I would reccommend it to anyone.

Sent on 11/23/2010

Erin · Married on 10/02/2010

The Comus Inn is set at a BEAUTIFUl location and the staff (especially Cheryl, the director there) are all wonderful and sincere about making sure your wedding day turns out to be everything you want! I HIGHLY recommend this location especially if you are looking to have your wedding outdoors.

Sent on 11/10/2010

Leah · Married on 09/19/2010

The Comus Inn was perfect for our outdoor wedding and ceremony. The setting was beautiful and the food was delicious. A great value and a wonderful staff. Thanks Cheryl.

Sent on 12/28/2010
  • Shanna

Shanna Seigel · Married on 03/30/2019

March wedding at Comus

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at The Comus Inn during a March afternoon. The venue and the views were beautiful and really set the stage for a relaxed celebration. We worked with Sara and our wedding planner to get everything ready. Sara was patient and responsive (we emailed a lot of questions!). She coordinated with our planner and I could see on the day of the wedding that they were doing a lot behind the scenes to keep the day moving along smoothly. The food of course was fantastic! Sara helped us put together our menu and provided instructions for our cake since it was from an outside bakery. She also made sure our guests with special dietary restrictions were well taken care of and their meals well labeled.

Sent on 08/21/2019

Suzanne · Married on 10/09/2016

I had my wedding at the Comus Inn this past weekend. It was seriously a dream wedding; the staff was professional, accommodating, and executed the event very well. Katie was the coordinator, and did a fantastic job from both a planning and event execution standpoint. Thank you!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Amazing people to work with! Even with a dreary afternoon and having to shift the ceremony under the tent, they had the place ready for the reception in record time. Beautiful venue with both inside and outside access and phenomenal, helpful staff.

Sent on 07/05/2014

Stacey · Married on 09/28/2013

I had my ceremony and reception at the Comus Inn. I couldn't have chosen a better venue! It's a beautiful place to get married and the staff was professional and easy to work with. And the food is SOOO good. I got the macaroni and cheese bar and it was off the hook. Here are my photos from the day: http://laurencphotography.com/blog/2013/10/28/stacey-kenny-comus-inn-wedding-maryland-wedding-photographer/

Sent on 01/27/2014

Kathryn · event on 04/07/2013

All around perfect venue! Courteous service, great food, nice scenery in an intimate space.

Sent on 04/11/2013

Suzanne · Married on 08/18/2012

My son and new daughter-in-law had their wedding reception at the Comus Inn on August 18,2012. Everything about our experience with the Comus Inn and wedding and events coordinator Cheryl Cox and her crew was exceptional. William and Ayșe are university professors who live in Turkey so the arrangements had to all be done long distance through me with the great assistance of Cheryl. Even though she did not meet the groom until the Throughout the planning process, Cheryl was wonderful. Our in-person meetings were efficient and warm. I felt throughout the process that we were in good hands and the reception would be wonderful. If anything, the reception at the Comus Inn exceeded our expectations. We were blessed with a beautiful day and evening, and from the moment the wedding party and our guests arrived, the service was wonderful. Ayșe ripped a portion of her wedding gown going into the Inn and before I even knew that it had happened a lovely young waitress pulled out a sewing kit and made perfect repairs. Cocktail hour was lovely with attentive service from the waiters. The tables were beautifully set and the whole atmosphere of the tent with the view of Sugarloaf Mountain and the gorgeous sunset was magical. Once we arrived for the reception, we could all simply enjoy the event. Everything was flawlessly orchestrated and all of the crew at the Comus Inn were efficient, warm and friendly. The food was delicious and the presentation enticing. Many of our guests remarked after the evening how lovely, warm and special everything was. There were no details which escaped Cheryl's eye. She had even suggested that we bring photographs from the Turkish ceremony in Izmir which preceded the ceremony here, and she displayed them so everyone could enjoy both experiences. Our family, Ayșe's family from Turkey, and especially the bride and groom could not have been more pleased. Bravo, Comus Inn, and thank you, Cheryl Cox.
    Suzanne Doggett

Sent on 11/06/2012

Teresa · Married on 10/22/2011

We had the perfect wedding at The Comus Inn! Beautiful location, tasty food, and super professional staff about sum it up. Some highlights:
    - our rehearsal lunch place wasn't going to work out, and The Comus accommodated us having our rehearsal lunch there with no problem
    - on the day of, some wasps wandered into the tent (probably looking for warmth; it was chilly outside!) and Lisa, one of the servers, captured the wasps and released them outside the tent
    - one of the kids present didn't want her kid's meal and they made chicken fingers for her in record time
    - Lisa (again, awesome!) noticed me getting coffee near the end and brewed a new pot just for me
    - Cheryl was a pleasure to work with, as were all the staff
    - the staff set up all our decorations for us and the whole effect was just beautiful
    - Did I mention tasty food?! It was great!

I would recommend them to anyone who wants an outdoor, low-stress wedding (and the reception tent is quite elegant and even has transparent walls so you can keep enjoying the view!).

Sent on 10/26/2011
  • Callie

Callie · Married on 04/16/2011

We had such a great experience at the Comus Inn. Cheryl and the staff made sure everything was taken care of. The food was delicious, the price was reasonable, and we were well cared for. However, the most amazing thing happened on our wedding day. It was quite possibly the worst rain storm in years with high winds. To make sure the tent didn't blow apart, two men from the staff stood at each corner and held the tent flaps together. They got soaked. I was so touched by that. That shows they really cared enough to make sure our day wasn't ruined!

Sent on 05/12/2011

Tiffany · Married on 05/30/2010

My husband and I had a beautiful ceremony and reception at The Comus Inn in May. Cheryl was great to work with and everything turned out wonderful. The location is gorgeous, the staff is very helpful, and the food is delicious. Highly recommend this venue to future brides.

Sent on 12/24/2010

Julia · Married on 10/04/2009

The Comus Inn is a beautiful wedding venue! We had the most perfect weather for an outdoor ceremony on the lawn and reception under the tent (with heaters). The staff at the Comus were accommodating and the day-of banquet staff were very helpful. Our banquet leader was always making sure that we were doing okay throughout the evening. One of the benefits of having a wedding at the Comus Inn is that they are a restaurant, so they already know how to make good food! Many of our guests commented on how delicious the food was at our wedding, and one guest was impressed that the food came out hot, even with almost 100 entrees being served! Overall, the Comus is a great place to get married. We highly recommend it. Just pray for good weather!

Sent on 10/06/2009

Ann · Married on 06/14/2008

We had an absolutely beautiful reception there and everyone had a wonderful time, even though it was raining. The food was great and the setting was lovely. They were great to work with, and the only thing I marked them down for was that they were occasionally a little difficult to get a hold of during the planning process, but never to the point of creating any issues.

Sent on 07/01/2008

We are very happy with our reception at the Comus Inn. We did a 11:30am reception after our 10am wedding ceremony and it turned out great!. Cheryl and the rest of the staff were extremely helpful in accommodating any requests we had. Everything went smoothly. It all just went by too fast. The bar drinks are a bit pricey. We went to a cash bar after cocktail hour. The food is amazing! I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Beautiful venue. Very attentive staff. Food was great. Cheryl was pretty easy to work with. Would recommend this venue.

Sent on 04/30/2013

Lorry · event on 03/21/2013

Our groups always enjoy dinner at The Comus Inn. The food is prepared to perfection and the service is always on point. Elizabeth in the Sales offices is very accommodating to our needs and knows her product very well. We will continue to bring our special guests here for years to come.

Sent on 05/10/2013

Everyone at our wedding was impressed with the views here and what a naturally beautiful place Comus is. Our wedding ran without a hitch, and the person assigned to keep an eye on us (Lisa) was amazing! She would show up with snacks or drinks or water before we even realized we needed it. We wanted a place that would handle everything for us so we could just enjoy the day, and they really did! I would recommend them without reservation to any bride.

Sent on 06/29/2012