The Comus Inn at Sugarloaf Mountain Reviews

1 User photo

The Comus Inn at Sugarloaf Mountain 1
  • Y

Yalixa · Married on 04/14/2012

Our choice of choosing the Comus Inn as the site for our wedding venue was an excellent choice. There were various factors that captured our attention;

· the scenic setting of the mountains background;

· the rustic simplicity—and romantic mood of a getaway;

· and most importantly, the outstanding service (including a diverse and flexible menu).

The Comus Inn delivered and fulfilled all of our expectations. From the moment our planning began with them for our intimate wedding, to the day of the event, we never felt lost or uninformed. They led us to what turned out to be an experience of a spectacular day of happiness, and services above and beyond expectations. During our wedding day, we observed the most important factor….the unbelievable team services that the staff at the Comus Inn provided. From the moment we arrived, beyond the hours we had departed, they gave us lovebirds: joy, relaxation and happiness. Our guests still say that our wedding was the most beautiful wedding they had experienced... The whole experience went beyond expectations. Again, every staff member was so attentive! The food was delicious! The details made us feel special (e.g., food and drinks at the bridal parlor). Instructions regarding decorations were followed. Our wedding day was perfect! So, I tell everybody if you want an unforgettable wedding day, a day to forever remember and share, you will find it nestled in the mountains of Maryland, the Comus Inn.

Thanks for OUR day!!!

Yalixa & Tim

Sent on 08/22/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 10/29/2011

I recently had my wedding at The Comus Inn and would very highly recommend it to any future couple looking for a venue that serves as an excellent ceremony and reception spot! We were hoping to have our ceremony on the lawn in front of the picturesque Sugarloaf Mountain but we ended up having bad weather (a snowstorm in late October!!). Even though the weather was not what we had pictured in our minds, the staff of the Comus Inn made our entire day as special as we imagined. Cheryl made the entire planning process go very smoothly and was very responsive to all our questions. All of the staff was very attentive, especially Lisa, who ensured that everything went flawlessly and kept us calm and stress-free so we could enjoy our special day to the fullest extent possible. We absolutely LOVED the Comus Inn and our guests couldn't say enough about how beautiful everything was...not to mention the AMAZING food!! The price was very reasonable, especially considering the quality of service. Definitely consider the Comus Inn when searching for your venue choice!!

Sent on 11/12/2011

Lesley · Married on 10/15/2011

Our wedding took place mid-October and we had a beautiful, sunny day. We chose The Comus Inn because of the outdoor setting and having Sugarloaf Mountain in the background. From the beginning, Cheryl was nothing but helpful - she answered all questions and communicated promptly with us. When we went for the tasting, my parents and fiance and I were very impressed with the quality of the food! Our guests still rave about the duck spring rolls we had as an appetizer. The day before, we dropped off some decorations for the ceremony and Cheryl went over all the details with us. On that Saturday, Cheryl and Lisa made sure that everyone enjoyed the day and helped us whenever we needed it. Lisa is excellent at her job and helped pin on corsages, made sure my husband and I got to eat some appetizers, and had a smile on her face the entire time. We have had so many guests tell us that the site was beautiful, the food was excellent, and that they had a wonderful time!

Sent on 11/05/2011
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 10/09/2011

The wonderful staff at the Comus Inn made our wedding day spectacular! The venue was gorgeous; decorated and set up JUST the way I wanted. We got SO MANY compliments on how delicious the food was - it was delectable! If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing - I would recommend The Comus Inn for any couple looking for a charming, elegant, & unforgettable wedding.

Sent on 11/19/2011

Juliana · Married on 06/10/2011

I cannot express how perfect this place was for our wedding. Firstly, my guests could not stop telling me how beautiful the scenery is and how AWESOME the food is; of course I couldn't agree more. However, what really made my day special and PERFECT was the staff. Cheryl, the even manager, takes care of everything you can imagine and she's got a great calming demeanor, which is good for any stressed bride to deal with. She also assigned a personal server to the bride and groom for our "day of" needs. Lisa, our server, was simply FABULOUS! She was kind, patient, thoughtful, attentive, sweet, and went above and BEYOND her call of duty for us and for our guests. My husband and I whole-heartedly recommend The Comus Inn for any event, especially the wedding of your dreams. :-)

Sent on 06/12/2011

Julie · Married on 05/14/2011

I cannot say enough good things about The Comus Inn and Cheryl! The Comus Inn itself is absolutely gorgeous and overlooks Sugarloaf Mountain, which is the perfect setting for a wedding. Although it rained, we still had an amazing time. Cheryl was very professional, easy to work with and super friendly. She was able to answer all of our questions and keep us in budget. From the first meeting, to the food tasting, to the reception everything was easy and professional. And speaking of food, it is amazing, all of guest kept commenting on how wonderful the food was! And the serving staff was professional and wonderful to work with the day of the wedding. I would highly recommend The Comus Inn to anyone!

Sent on 05/26/2011

Erin · Married on 04/23/2011

My new husband and I chose The Comus Inn for our small and intimate wedding. The staff at Comus were amazing! The food was perfect and so was the venue. A big thanks to The Comus Inn staff for making my day perfect!!!

Erin & Jon

Sent on 05/10/2011

Caren · Married on 10/23/2010

The Comus Inn is the most beautiful place to have a wedding. I wanted something that felt country and classy which is why I chose to have my reception here. It's beautiful!

Phyllis · Married on 10/22/2010

Cheryl was awesome to work with. She was always sensitive to my needs. Working with Cheryl made this whole experience unforgettable.

• F

Heather · Married on 09/18/2010

We had to pay for our entire wedding and were looking for a venue that had a rustic, eco-outdoorsy feel, yet was still elegant. We definitely found that at The Comus Inn and it was very very affordable compared to other D.C. area venues. We had the wedding of our dreams and it turned out to be a beautiful day with perfect weather. The guests raved about the food! The pictures are to die for and we captured the natural beauty of the day. The staff left me nothing to worry about, as they took care of everything completely. Even if I'd have had more money, I would not go back in time and choose any other venue.

Lisa · Married on 09/18/2010

Our day was perfect! We got married on September 18, 2010 at 11:30am. The weather was perfect, not too windy and not too hot which totally helped when wearing my gown. The Comus Inn staff really made sure that we were happy.

I recommed The Comus Inn to anyone that wants to have a beautiful country wedding.

Richard & Lisa G.

Sent on 11/23/2010

Rachel · Married on 09/05/2010

Cheryl and the Comus Inn were wonderful! I wanted to do a brunch but not too early and she was very flexible. It was also important to me to have a separate drink station that served non-alcoholic drinks away from the bar and she also made that happen. The room upstairs was perfectly set up for my ketubah signing.

Sent on 11/17/2010
  • Cynthia

Cynthia · Married on 06/05/2010

Cheryl with the Comus Inn made the process of planning this wedding so amazing. She is very knowledgable and offers great ideas. She was always very responsive and professional. The BIG day went off with out a hitch and I know that Cheryl helped in large part to ensure that everything ran smoothly.

The views at the Comus are stunning and I have already had a ton of comments on my non-pro pictures about how lovely the venue was. Everyone enjoyed the food and the wait staff were pleasant and professional.

I would highly recommend this venue if your dream is to have a beautiful outdoor wedding.

Sent on 06/26/2010

Gruschenka · Married on 04/03/2010

The Comus Inn was the perfect venue for us and our budget. The management there was incredibly flexible and very professional. The location is breath taking and I recommend it to anyone with a limited budget. Oh, and the food is delicious!

Sent on 04/06/2010

Jessica · Married on 10/24/2009

Cheryl Cox and The Comus Inn were a dream come true for our wedding. I always wanted an outdoor wedding and with Sugerloaf Mountain sitting behind the restaurant, it was the perfect choice for me and my husband, Andrew. I immediately fell in love with the restaurant, the scenery and the food! Cheryl was great from the very first time we met her and she was very accomodating every step of the way. When we receieved a wrong meal choice during our tasting, she invited us back again for another full tasting with free dessert! It was fantastic! The weather was horrible on the day of our wedding, but inside The Comus Inn was warm and inviting. Everything looked gorgeous! We and our guests had a great time (especially inside at the bar)! Cheryl and the rest of the staff did a fantastic job making sure that everything we needed was taken care of, which really means a lot to me. I would definitely recommend The Comus Inn to anyone for a wedding, a party or even dinner! We will be back every October 24 for our anniversary!

Sent on 11/13/2009

Angela · Married on 09/19/2009

The Comus Inn is unparalleled in the DC area in terms of an affordable, elegant wedding venue. The food is delectable, the setting is glorious, and the staff--especially Cheryl Cox--couldn't be more helpful and accommodating. I give the Comus Inn two enthusiastic thumbs up and recommend it highly to all current and future brides!

Sent on 11/08/2009

katheryn · Married on 06/20/2009

It was perfect for our wedding and takes great pictures. It rained and the tent worked well and once the rain stopped the quickly took down the 'walls" and we all enjoyed the sun. Cheryl was easy and quick to work. I would absolutely recommend it to everyone. Way better than getting married at a hotel!

Sent on 07/16/2009

Jacqueline · Married on 06/06/2009

After looking at quite a few "country-side" locations in the DC area we ended up choosing The Comus Inn because it had the best view, and I am so glad we did! Comus was the perfect setting for our wedding. Cheryl was so easy to work with, and on our wedding day she made sure everything went smoothly and happened on time so I didn't have to worry about a thing! We are planning to return for dinner for our 1st anniversary next month.

Sent on 04/17/2010

Laura · Married on 05/24/2009

Working with the Comus Inn (and Cheryl Cox) was an absolute pleasure. Planning a wedding can be very stressful but Cheryl made the entire experience very easy for us and the whole day was just perfect. She was very flexible with all of our requests and worked diligently to ensure that our day was smooth and flawless. We rented the tent for an outdoor ceremony and reception and the staff was very professional and courteous. The banquet manager was extremely helpful in organizing the guests and transitioning from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception. They worked with the DJ to create a seamless flow for the evening and everyone of our guests was very impressed. The location is fantastic with beautiful views, delicious food and a comfortable and pleasant atmosphere.

Sent on 06/18/2009

Lauren · Married on 09/21/2008

My husband and I absolutely LOVED having our wedding here and would recommend it to anyone! Cheryl, the event coordinator was very helpful and provided excellent service. The place itself was beautiful and set up just perfectly for our special day. The staff was great and there were no issues at all. We both feel as though The Comus Inn was a great value for its cost and would absolutely recommend it to anyone. If I could do it over again I would 100% do it here again. Wonderful experience!

Emily · Married on 09/20/2008

I honestly couldn't have expected a better setting for my wedding day. Cheryl and staff were amazing with taking care of every detail. Five stars for flexibility doesn't even begin to describe how great it was working with the Comus Inn. They were able to work with my dreams of a French inspired menu including my idea for a Crepe Bar at dessert. Everything went off without a hitch and it was my absolute dream come true. Thank you!

Sent on 03/19/2009

Alejandra · Married on 09/13/2008

Cheryl, the even coordinator at the Comus Inn, was extremely flexible and accomodating. The entire staff the night of our reception was friendly, and anticipated our every need. The setting is absolutely stunning!

Amanda · Married on 05/18/2008

The Comus Inn far exceeded our expectations. Cheryl the coordinator was very professional and took a special interest in making our wedding both perfect and possible within our budget. The ceremony was beautiful and exactly what we wanted in an outdoor wedding. Sugarloaf mountain as a background was perfect for us as it was also the site of our first date. Also, they were flexible with our rehearsal time though it was a busy wedding season and we were told by many guest that it was the best wedding food that they had ever had. Not to mention they made a custom menu just to fit the theme of our wedding. I recommend going there for dinner and checking the place out to see if its the fit for you! Its a gorgeous little get away either way!

Sent on 12/19/2008

Courtney · Married on 04/12/2008

We chose The Comus Inn for our wedding because of the spectacular view and their reputation for great food in an elegant setting, and we were not disappointed! The wedding coordinator Cheryl was a breeze to work with, very accommodating and flexible. The staff was wonderful, and the food certainly lived up to its reputation! I would recommend The Comus Inn to another bride without hesitation.

Janet · Married on 10/03/2015

We had our wedding ceremony elsewhere and only used the Comus Inn as our reception location. The quality of services were exceptional. The reception room was set up beautifully, exactly how we had requested. Which allowed to us to just relax and enjoy the festivities with our wedding guest and family. Last minute weather challenges were dealt with minimal effort. We would not hesitate to recommend this venue to others!!

Sent on 10/18/2015