The Comus Inn at Sugarloaf Mountain Reviews

The Comus Inn at Sugarloaf Mountain 1
  • John

John · Married on 01/12/2019

Magical Experience at The Comus Inn

We were delighted to have our wedding reception at the Comus Inn. The location was wonderful and pastoral, the inn staff were exceptionally attentive, and the food was superb. We needed an entirely vegetarian menu, and even the non-vegetarians were impressed enough to comment. Our coordinator, Sara, thought of many small details that had not occurred to us in the rush of planning, and these were evident on the day of the reception. Our reception was during the evening of a snowstorm, and so was especially picturesque. Sara had mentioned when we looked at the venue that they had not had to close an event for winter weather, and I can now attest that this is true. Everything ran smoothly, despite the snowstorm outside, and while we chose to close the event a bit early so that our guests could get home, the staff stayed till the end, and ensured that everyone was safely off. Sara was unobtrusively present throughout the event, making sure that everything ran smoothly and watching over each aspect of our evening. We were just delighted with the magical, care-free experience that The Comus Inn provided.

Sent on 01/24/2019
    The Comus Inn at Sugarloaf Mountain 2

Beth · Married on 09/09/2017

We got married at The Comus Inn on September 9, and it was nothing short of perfect. Our ceremony overlooking Sugarloaf Mountain was beautiful, the food was delicious, and all our friends and family agreed that the service at the tables and bar was excellent. Megan was a pleasure to work with - she accommodated all of our requests during the planning process, was always responsive, kept both the ceremony and reception running smoothly, and even hung onto some leftover favors for us while we were on our honeymoon. The overall level of service was fantastic - neither of us spent a moment worrying about how things were running on our special day. If you want to have a low-stress wedding at a beautiful place for a great value, we can't recommend Comus enough!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Hannah · Married on 10/31/2015

We actually got married in our local park in afternoon. We went here for dinner just my husband and I. It was fantastic! Food was excellent our waiter was the best! I wish I could remember his name. Highly recommend The Comus Inn as a very nice dinner outing.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Megan was great to work with. I got a lot of positive feedback about the venue from our wedding guests. Absolutely gorgeous scenery, great staff, delicious food. No complaints. Would highly recommend to others. We had checked out several venues in the area and compared costs/quality before choose Comus Inn. We made the right choice.

Sent on 06/01/2015
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/02/2015

My husband and I got married at the Comus Inn at Sugarloaf Mountain on May 2nd and it was the perfect venue for us! Although I was planning the wedding from out of state, our wedding coordinator, Megan, made sure that the entire experience was personal and extremely easy! We visited Comus for the first time during the winter, planning for our spring wedding, and I fell in love with the setting immediately. By the time our spring wedding came around, the venue was even more beautiful than I could imagine! The Comus Inn allows you to get married with a beautiful, natural background of Sugarloaf Mountain and the countryside. Our ceremony was in the field with the mountain in the background and the reception was in a tent next to the inn. Everything about our rehearsal, ceremony, and reception was flawless thanks to the staff and venue at the Comus Inn. While my bridesmaids and I had a room upstairs to get ready, my husband and his groomsmen had a great spot in the barn outside to get ready and relax before the ceremony. After the ceremony, while we took pictures in the field and around the barn, our guests had cocktail hour on the patio near a pond. The reception was perfectly spaced under a beautiful tent with additional room inside by the bar. The food, which was provided by the Inn's chef, was delicious and we were given so many fantastic options to select from that it was actually had to pick just a few! I could not have asked for a more beautiful venue or an easier experience than what I had with Megan and the rest of the staff at the Comus Inn. Thank you for all of your help...we can not thank you enough for your help on our wedding day!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Awesome! We could not have picked a better place. We have been to dinner at the Comus Inn several times and loved it and thought this would be perfect for my daughter's wedding. The Comus Inn was a beautiful setting for a fall sunset wedding. The wedding was outdoors among the autumnal changing of the leaves, and inside the tent for the reception and dinner. Even with some weather issues, some winds, the staff were so helpful in making it all work well and adapting to certain changes due to the winds.

All staff were magnificent and we could not have asked for anything better. All worked out so beautifully in organizing and arranging the painstaking details to get what we wanted at the Comus Inn. Additionally, many guests commented on what a beautiful venue it is and how wonderful the food and attentive the staff was to any detail. Comus Inn staff were working from the minute we arrived until after the event was over. With all of the other details we had, we could not have asked for more. Megan, the site's event planner and Lou, who oversaw the staff and food, were top notch and very responsive to our needs throughout the planning process as well as the event itself. A very professional group.

The setting was great and all pre-wedding preparations were top notch, food was all perfect and seemed to be uniformly well prepared and at the right temperature. I would highly recommend the Comus Inn as a venue of choice for any event.
    Joan

Sent on 10/23/2014

I would give the Comus Inn a 10 star rating if I could! Best place to have a wedding. Beautiful property, professional and courteous staff. Food was excellent, as usual! Will continue to keep it in the family and hold future weddings at the Comus Inn!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Ally · Married on 10/12/2013

Just got married at the Comus Inn on October 12th and it was nothing short of amazing. Despite the terrible weather (rain for 5 days straight), we had a spectacular day and a lot of that is thanks to the Comus Inn staff!\r\n\r\nThe Comus Inn staff are absolutely fantastic at making sure the day runs smoothly; setting up the decor (it looked BETTER than I imagined), catering to your needs as the bride and groom and keeping track of EVERYTHING -- truly a wonderful experience and amazing day for us both. \r\n\r\nCheryl and T are a joy to work with, helped calm all my \"control freak\" nerves and helped make it a truly special day to remember!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Katherine · Married on 10/06/2013

I loved my wedding at the Comus Inn and so did my guests! The venue is absolutely gorgeous with the mountain backdrop and rustic barn. The tented reception areas was also beautiful and spacious and I love that we also had a large space inside for the guest book, cake, and an established bar! Cheryl, my main contact, could not have been easier to work with. She responded quickly to all of my questions, allowed me to drop items off several days before the wedding, scheduled 2 tastings for us, and always had a calm and reassuring demeanor. She definitely knows how to plan an event! The service was impeccable. We had a dedicated server before the ceremony and for the wedding party in the barn afterward who was professional and attentive. And everyone raved about the food! With all of this, the price was still better than other venues. I would not hesitate to recommend the Comus Inn. We plan to return for our anniversaries to reminisce on such a wonderful day!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Julie · event on 07/06/2013

Our event was actually not an anniversary, it was a memorial lunch held after my father-in-law's funeral (they don't have a comparable category on the survey). Since it was a short-notice event and we could not be sure up till the last minute how many people were attending, flexibility was crucial. Our event planner, Elizabeth, helped me figure out the best menu plan and room for our situation. She responded promptly to my e-mails and phone calls and stopped in at the lunch to meet me. The food was plentiful, the view from the Porch is beautiful, and the desserts made by their new pastry chef were delicious. My in-laws went to the Comus for special dinners so it seemed fitting to share our memories there.

Sent on 07/15/2013
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 05/25/2013

My husband and I had our wedding reception at The Comus Inn. It could not have been more perfect. My guests told me how wonderful the service and food was at The Comus Inn and of course everyone LOVED the scenery! Cheryl took care of everything the day of. We did not have to worry about anything that day. It all went smooth and we were able to relax and enjoy ourselves. Working with Cheryl was such a pleasure! She was easy to work with and listened to all our ideas. The service she gave us as well as the other staff members was impeccable! I could not have asked for a better venue and staff to work with. The entire process was a pleasure and I always enjoyed going up to The Comus Inn to plan with Cheryl! I would recommend The Comus Inn to any Bride and Groom looking for a venue with amazing customer service and a beautiful location all in one!!

Sent on 06/08/2013

Blake · event on 05/18/2013

Elizabeth in catering was terrific, very accomodating and responsive! The event was perfect, great food and a very friendly staff.

Sent on 05/30/2013

Krista · Married on 04/27/2013

Our wedding reception at the Comus Inn was total perfection. The scenery, the service, the responsiveness was all top notch. They were so professional and accommodating to our every need- we had a truly blissful experience with them!

Sent on 05/09/2013

Peggy · event on 03/30/2013

We had a WONDERFUL 80th Birthday party for my Mom. The rooms were perfect, the food was fantastic and beautifully presented and several people remarked that it was "the best party our family has ever had". Our server was attentive and met all of our needs and we would highly recommend The Comus Inn to anybody who is looking for the perfect venue for a special event.

Sent on 04/05/2013

Kathy · Married on 10/20/2012

My daughter and son in law had their wedding reception at the Comus Inn. It was absolutely spectacular. The view is beautiful, the tent was gorgeous. I found them very easy to deal with---there were many steps including menu tasting, contract, choosing the flow of the evening, etc, and the wedding coordinator, Cheryl was very easy to work with. She always responded quickly, she was easy to talk to, and she was effective. I highly recommend Comus Inn.

Sent on 10/30/2012

I was married in October 2012 and held my reception at the Comus Inn, and it was absolutely perfect! The service throughout in the time leading up to the wedding and our wedding date was superb -- Cheryl Cox, the wedding coordinator, was very helpful in answering our questions and providing everything we needed and was invaluable throughout our planning process. I felt that we received excellent service and information, and always felt that I was in very capable and experienced hands. Our reception itself went so smoothly, and I felt the entire time that everything was being taken care of and the evening flowed beautifully. The Comus Inn did a great job setting up all of our decorations and flowers, and all of our guests loved the food, service, atmosphere, and view!! I would absolutely hold my reception here again if I were to do it all over again!!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Elan · Married on 10/05/2012

I cannot say enough about the staff at the Comus Inn. Cheryl Cox, Director of Sales and Events, worked closely with us to make sure our day was fantastic. She was very attentive and helpful in every way. The staff who worked our wedding was awesome! They were so friendly, helpful and right there whenever we needed something...never anything that should have been there, but to ask if we needed something, or to pull my chair out everytime I sat back at my table. They all were just wonderful. And, as for beautiful surroundings, you just can't get any better. The venue is beautiful and with Sugarloaf Mountain as your picture backdrop, you can't go wrong. It is like having a beautiful oil painting in every picture. I HIGHLY recommend the Comus Inn for your wedding!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/29/2012

We had the most magical evening for our wedding!!!

And we highly recommend The Comus Inn. The venue is beautiful! The director Cheryl and all the staff were so friendly and responsive through out the process. We always felt like we knew what to do and expect throughout the planning and the end result was magical.. The food was delicious and we had so many friends and guest tell us so after the day... We highly recommend them!!

Sent on 10/29/2012
  • User2752092 · 2+ years ago

We got married at the Comus Inn at the end of September, and we could not have had a better experience! The food was incredible, the view of the mountain was amazing, the old barn was charming, and everybody working at our wedding was professional, nice, and made sure we had the best experience. Seriously, our entire experience was top-notch, and the level of service and professionalism was unbeatable. Great people to work with, and a great place to get married! We will visit them for meals in the future!

Sent on 11/03/2012
  • User2586509 · event on 08/04/2012

Elizabeth was very helpful, got back to us quickly and was very patient working with myself and my Mom when we sometimes provided different information to her! Beautiful location for a bridal shower, exactly what I had in mind and everyone at the location was very polite and helpful. Food was delicious.

Sent on 08/08/2012

Claire · Married on 07/28/2012

Despite the HOT weather my guests are still raving about the delicious food and fun time they had! The mountain and inn provided such a beautiful backdrop for our photos. It was truly a day to remember, with memories my husband and I will cherish forever. Our day was perfect, and we couldn't have pulled it off without the help of Cheryl and the staff at The Comus Inn!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Beautiful venue, excellent food, pleasant to work with. They helped simplify the wedding planning process and I was incredibly impressed with their attentiveness to the bride, groom, and families on the wedding day. The entire wedding ran as smoothly as it could possibly have run and my family is looking forward to planning more events at the Comus Inn.

Sent on 09/10/2012
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 06/08/2012

Absolutely beautiful setting! Food was delicious, chocolate covered strawberries and coffee/tea station beautifully set up. Management and staff are very helpful, caring, calming and knowledgeable! From beginning to end, they had everything under control. We just relaxed and enjoyed! The compliments by friends and family were wonderful! Thank you so very much Cheryl and team! Susan (Mother of the Bride)

Sent on 06/25/2012

Michele · Married on 04/27/2012

All I can say is, thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!! Our day was amazing! Blake and I are so grateful for everything you did. Cheryl was so helpful with coordinating all our out of town guests and the staff was great with some of our rather "difficult" relatives. We had such a wonderful time, I didn't want the evening to end!

Sent on 11/07/2012
  • Y

Yalixa · Married on 04/14/2012

Our choice of choosing the Comus Inn as the site for our wedding venue was an excellent choice. There were various factors that captured our attention;

· the scenic setting of the mountains background;

· the rustic simplicity—and romantic mood of a getaway;

· and most importantly, the outstanding service (including a diverse and flexible menu).

The Comus Inn delivered and fulfilled all of our expectations. From the moment our planning began with them for our intimate wedding, to the day of the event, we never felt lost or uninformed. They led us to what turned out to be an experience of a spectacular day of happiness, and services above and beyond expectations. During our wedding day, we observed the most important factor….the unbelievable team services that the staff at the Comus Inn provided. From the moment we arrived, beyond the hours we had departed, they gave us lovebirds: joy, relaxation and happiness. Our guests still say that our wedding was the most beautiful wedding they had experienced... The whole experience went beyond expectations. Again, every staff member was so attentive! The food was delicious! The details made us feel special (e.g., food and drinks at the bridal parlor). Instructions regarding decorations were followed. Our wedding day was perfect! So, I tell everybody if you want an unforgettable wedding day, a day to forever remember and share, you will find it nestled in the mountains of Maryland, the Comus Inn.

Thanks for OUR day!!!