The Community House in Birmingham Reviews

The Community House in Birmingham 6
The Community House in Birmingham 7

Brandi · Married on 12/02/2018

Dec Wedding

The community house is a wonderful place to have a wedding. Sarah, the event coordinator was amazing!!! I didn’t have a wedding planner and I asked her tons of questions. She was always super responsive and even let me know about things I hadn’t thought of. All the guests said the venue was great and they enjoyed the food. Definitely recommend!

Tina · Married on 05/26/2018

The venue is perfect for an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. Sarah Tufts was the most helpful and accommodating ‘organizer’ we could have ever asked for! The drinks and food flowed all night and everything went perfectly!!

Sent on 06/03/2018
    The Community House in Birmingham 16
    The Community House in Birmingham 17
    The Community House in Birmingham 18

The Community House in Birmingham's reply:

Hi Tina, Thanks so much for your kind review. We were so glad to be a part of your daughter and son-in-law's special day and wish them the best as they begin their lives together as husband and wife! Congratulations to you all!

karen · Married on 01/13/2018

My daughter and new son in law were married here in January 2018. Every moment was flawless and the staff bent over backwards to be helpful. Thank you for making this special day amazing.

Sent on 01/29/2018

The Community House in Birmingham's reply:

Thank you, Karen! It was a pleasure working with you and we're so glad you enjoyed your time with us at The Community House!

Robin · Married on 10/07/2017

We just want to thank Mr. Tim Hunt at The Community House for making this day so special for all. He truly went above and beyond. The food was amazing (beef,chicken and salmon) very friendly and accommodating staff.. I would recommend booking with them to anyone! Thank u again

The Community House in Birmingham 19
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 09/23/2017

Everything was perfect. It was well organized. The wait staff was friendly, professional, and on top of everything. I can't say enough great things about Sarah, the event coordinator. She was personable, extremely responsive, and so great to work with. We loved having our wedding here!

Sent on 10/13/2017

The Community House in Birmingham's reply:

Hi Kristin, It was our pleasure to share in your special day! We loved working with you and wish you a lifetime of happiness. Please come back and see us soon! -Sarah
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 05/28/2017

Tim made every bit of this experience pleasant, easy, affordable and worked with every question/whim/solution that we came up with. Ultimately while we were over budget, it was worth every cent for what I 'put up with' so they say, which honestly if it wasn't for Tim i'd have lost my head already. They not only provide most of the in house services such as set up/tear down (which from my understanding not everyone does this) But he provided me permission to store wedding decorations the day before without a fee, they provided not only a giant room for us to get ready in (which also included a bathroom) and a mens room for them to get ready in (On campus) But they also provided food/tables/chairs/flatware/booze/accessories for the ceremony/access to their in house sound system/etc so it was a basically one stop shop. They even allow outside vendors if you so choose. While we used the suites upstairs for the ceremony we also used the ballroom for our reception. They have actually updated their lighting in the suites and planned to be updating them further throughout the building. Honestly the only out sourced thing I did with my wedding was the dj. I DIY'ed all the decorations and they provided the bird cage for cards. There is so much more I could say but give them a call if you're truely thinking about it. It never hurts to ask/look ;)

Maria · Married on 09/25/2016

Tim the Vice President of the Community House was such a pleasure to work with. He made all of my wedding planning and dreams a reality. He went a above and beyond. The whole staff at the community house made everything go so smoothly the day of. The Food was amazing, everyone is still going on and on about the excellent service and food. Anyone thinking of throwing a wedding or other event should use this venue! Thank you again for making sure our wedding day was amazing!

Alison · Married on 06/11/2016

We worked with Sarah to plan our special day. Her and her staff were amazing! Sarah made sure every detail was accounted for and helped us plan the perfect day. The day of staff was GREAT, they set up, served, and tore down everything just how we wanted. They were friendly and attentive. We highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 07/03/2016

The Community House in Birmingham's reply:

Hi Alison, Thanks so much for your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure working with you! All our best as you begin this new chapter in your lives.

Dan · Married on 08/29/2015

We cannot say enough good things about The Community House. They were great in every aspect and made our wedding special. The services and food were great. We highly recommend TCH.

Sent on 09/01/2015

The Community House in Birmingham's reply:

Thank you! We hope to see you back at TCH, soon!

Amanda · Married on 07/24/2015

Sarah Tufts and the rest of TCH staff were absolutely outstanding. From my first interactions with Sarah to departing our amazing wedding reception, they went above and beyond to make sure every request was thoughtfully fulfilled. In addition, they ensured that my meal was strictly gluten free, as I have Celiac Disease, and they even prepared special gluten free hors d'oeuvres for me. Tim and the serving staff, including Leon, were also exceptional. Thank you for such a magical evening all of us will never forget.

Sent on 08/10/2015

The Community House in Birmingham's reply:

Thanks so much, Amanda! Wishing you a lifetime of good health and happiness!

The Community House is a beautiful venue for a wedding. Even though the weather did not cooperate, the staff made a seamless transition from outside to a beautiful inside location. Our guests have told us it was the best food at a wedding they have ever had. The filet was outstanding! Sarah was a joy to work with as well-very patient and accomodating. Highly recommend!

Our strolling wedding reception hosted at The Community House was nothing short of amazing. The event manager Sarah took care of our every need, question, idea, and input in planning our event. Together we joined minds and planned a phenomenal affair. We wanted to spare no area of detail and opted to offer complimentary valet service & coat check. The attendants were so pleasant and prompt; we received many compliments after! The entire service staff was wonderful...from the bar to the servers. The food (we had tray-passed hors d'oeuvres) was delish; many many compliments!

In all, I cannot say enough good things about the service we received from The Community House. From the first phone call I made to inquire about the availability to us closing our car door headed home, Sarah and the staff of The Community House made us feel as if we were the most valued customer. With high regards I would recommend TCH to anyone who wants to have their wedding dream come true!! :)

Sent on 01/11/2015

The Community House in Birmingham's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We were thrilled to take part in your special day and wish you the best as you begin this new chapter in your life.

Sarah, the event coordinator, and her staff were amazing for our wedding. They did everything they could to make sure that the space was perfect! We heard nothing but amazing things from our guests regarding the service, food, and overall atmosphere.

Sent on 12/16/2014

The Community House in Birmingham's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! We were thrilled to be a part of your big day! Best wishes!

hila · Married on 11/29/2014

Perfect place,wonderful service,strongly recommend!

The event coordinator at TCH was incredibly helpful and very responsive to all of our inquiries. The food was fantastic and TCH even made our custom signature drink from a recipe that we provided...we received compliments all night from our guests for food and drink! The terrace and ballroom were a perfect combination for our ceremony and reception, and one of the main reasons we picked this venue was because it was unique and intimate. Our wedding was beautiful and exactly how we envisioned.

What a great venue. Event manager, Sarah, was a pleasure to work with as was all the staff on the event day. The outside ceremony tent, garden cocktail hour & dinner in the main ballroom couldn't have been any better. All three entree choices were delicious and the Bates Salad presentation was wonderful. Thank you Birmingham Community House for making our daughter's wedding so wonderful.

Michelle · Married on 09/20/2014

Our wedding at The Community House was wonderful! It could not have gone any better. Sarah Tufts made everything a breeze and perfect on our big day. I would highly recommend having your wedding or any other event at The Community House!

Sent on 10/07/2014

The Community House in Birmingham's reply:

Thanks, Michelle! It was a pleasure working with you!

Dorothy · Married on 06/29/2014

When my husband and I first saw The Community House we knew it would be the perfect place to host our white wedding ceremony. Unfortunately we thought we couldn't afford it and kept looking. The other places just didn't leave us with the ah factor and didn't feel quite right. So we researched The Community House again and realized we could afford it and it wasn't anymore expensive than the other venues we were looking at. We quickly put down our deposit and worked closely with Sarah Tufts in setting our plans in action. Sarah was great to work with. She would promptly respond to emails and was willing to work around our schedule since we were out of town and we were primarily available on the weekends. It was a bit tough getting enough time to decorate but Sarah was able to get us a little bit of additional time in the morning and it helped us out tremendously to store some of the items there ahead time. We loved the experience there and our guests loved the venue as well. It didn't take much decorations as The Community House has a beautiful atmosphere. Thank you for the great customer service and flexibility!

Courtney · Married on 05/24/2014

I wanted a venue to hold just my wedding ceremony at that wasn't a church or a chapel. The Community House's outside white tented terrance was the perfect location! Working with the event coordinator, Sarah Tufts, was a breeze. She was extremely knowledgable, professional, and quick to respond to all email correspondance regarding my special day which is everything anyone could want in the person in charge of the production of your ceremony. In addition to that, she was very polite and easy to work with. :) I was able tp bring in my own paper lanterns and decorate the tent however I desired.

The site was very affordable. We got married on a Saturday and as long as we were off the grounds by 3pm it was only $300! Both inside and outside the Community House is gorgeous and great for picture taking with the bridal party. Across the street from the site, is a park with a fountain, benches, trees and all kinds of structures ideal for capturing beautiful photos.

I highly recommend this venue!

Sarah is amazing to work with and made me feel at ease from the moment I met her. The staff was wonderful and very accommodating.

• Candice B.

Candice · Married on 07/07/2013

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this place!! It beautiful inside and out! We had our wedding here with the ceremony outside on the tented terrace and the reception inside the ballrooms. My guests are still giving me compliments on how gorgeous our venue was and how attentive, nice and courteous the staff was! And working with Sara Tufts, the events coordinator, was a breeze! She was so understanding and made everything so easy. I'd definitely have another event here and recommend this venue to anyone!

The community house was just the finest location for our wedding!! From the exterior courtyard with a white tent for our cocktail hour, to the inside Wallace ballroom for our reception, it was just stunning! The building is fabulously beautiful and recently updated carpet, paint, curtains, upholstery, and more! I had such great confidence in working with Sarah in event planning and her patience and promptness working with me was just the best for any bride! The venue has a fabulous caterer, Epoch Catering, which I hired and I also highly recommend them too. Unbelievable food and service!

Sarah helped with vases for the tented area, contacting all my vendors for delivery information, anything I dropped off for set up, and much more. I was able to decorate the back courtyard by the ball room with twinkle lights for a quaint feeling with the pond there and the photos of the night were stunning!

I can't say enough good things of this place, it really made our day a dream come true. I highly recommend it!!

Sent on 06/05/2013

The Community House in Birmingham's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and for choosing to spend your special day at TCH! We'd love to work with you again, anytime. We wish you and your husband the best as you begin your new life together.

Amanda · Married on 06/29/2013

My only complaint is that their paperwork makes it seem as though they are not willing to help the bride in any way. They said that they will not place anything and that they recommend hiring a coordinator. I panicked over this for months. In recent weeks, they have been very accommodating, and on our big day, they were fantastic. Every staff member had a smile and was very friendly and helpful. I wish we could have gotten off to a better start. They don't allow vendors to set up until 3 hours before the ceremony starts. This wasn't really emphasized before I signed the contract. It worked out, but this was one of the most expensive things: hiring extra people and paying people more money to make this timeframe work. Our ceremony went very smoothly because of their help, and you can't find a more beautiful setting for a wedding. Just be aware of the rules they have for setting up and the parking issues in that area.