The Community House in Birmingham Reviews

The Community House in Birmingham 7
  • Mary

Mary Ann Gallina · Married on 08/10/2019

Beautiful Wedding Venue

Our wedding experience was phenomenal! I would highly recommend The House for their excellent planning and prompt follow up (thank you Sarah Tufts). The value, location, plentiful and delicious food (and I'm an Italian who knows food) gorgeous atmosphere in ballroom and cleanliness was top notch. The covered canopy is ideal for a perfect wedding ceremony. In addition, the night of the wedding the added bonus was the professional serving staff; every one of our needs was catered to by the entire staff. I would HIGHLY recommend this hidden jewel in the Detroit Metropolitan area! Thank you again to our planner, Sarah Tufts!

Sent on 08/19/2019
    The Community House in Birmingham 16

Hi Mary Ann,
    What a lovely review! Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and venue! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your family through the planning process and we look forward to seeing you around The House, soon. Congrats again to the newlyweds!
  • Alex

Alex Brooks · Married on 06/22/2019

Nothing Short of Amazing

We cannot say enough nice things about The Community House and our coordinator, Sarah Tufts. The Community House itself created amazing photo ops; from the beautiful tent, to the courtyards, to the reception hall, to the hallways with the staircase and chandeliers. The food was amazing (We had steak, chicken marsala and eggplant parm), the drinks were well mixed and the staff was friendly and efficient. Every waiter stopped us both to say congrats and made the day feel even more special. And we cannot speak highly enough of our coordinator Sarah who executed on our vision flawlessly. We kept expecting something to go wrong, as you always hear, but that moment never came. Sarah juggled every vendor fantastically and coordinated the "day of" perfectly. Any wedding day jitters or concerns were for nothing! If you are a couple who feels the slightest bit of anxiety about planning your big day, you should do so through Sarah and the Community House. They will take amazing care of you.

Sent on 06/26/2019

Alex,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the food, venue and staffing for your wedding! We really appreciate the endorsement! We loved being a part of your special day and we wish you and Christina the best as you begin this new chapter in your lives. Congrats again!

Colleen Burns · Married on 06/15/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue!!!

I am so happy I chose the Community House as my wedding venue! They did an exceptional job in making the planning process run smoothly, and made sure our day was perfect! My guests loved the food and the staff is so accommodating and friendly! Sarah made planning easy and was there to help with anything we needed. We are very grateful for all of her help! The professionalism from the staff was top notch and our guests even made comments to us on how great there severs were that night. The space is beautiful and there is some great opportunities for photos right outside the building! We used the patio tent for our cocktail hour which guests really enjoyed. I have only good things to say about the Community House and I would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 06/27/2019
    The Community House in Birmingham 17

The Community House in Birmingham's reply:

Thanks so much for your fantastic review, Colleen! We are so glad that you enjoyed your special day at our venue and it was great working with you and your family! Best Wishes and please come back to see us soon!

• Kim

Kim Harrison · Married on 06/14/2019

Great service, great staff, great food

What a wonderful and memorable place to hold an important event! Sarah is great to work with--responsive, great suggestions, available, kind--I cannot say enough about how wonderful she was. The staff was great, and I definitely appreciated the fact that Leon knew French and was able to speak with the French grandparents who knew no English. The venue is beautiful, the amenities are great and the service is the best you will find. All our vendors (DJ, florist and photographer) were familiar with the venue (we found the vendors on our own, it was just a coincidence they were all familiar with the venue), so they needed nothing from us except a date and time, which relieved us of some of the details. The food was wonderful and the price was great compared to so many other venues. I look forward to the next opportunity to host an event at the Community House. They make it easy and fantastic!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Hi Kim,
    We're so glad that you and your guests enjoyed your time at The Community House. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. It was our pleasure to serve you and assist with the planning for your party. We hope to see you again soon at our venue. Best wishes to the newlyweds!
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Currie · Married on 06/08/2019

Best Decision Ever!

The Community House was the best decision we made for our wedding day! My wedding was June 8, 2019 and not only was the weather perfect, the level of service we received from The Community House was perfect as well! Sarah was our POC for our wedding; she was very helpful, responsive, professional and she even had a few ideas/suggestions for our big day! The food was excellent and our guests raved about how timely and elegant our wedding and reception turned out. I would definitely recommend The Community House for your wedding!

Sent on 07/05/2019

Hi Tiffany,
    Thanks so much for choosing The Community House. Our ballroom looked so lovely with your decor and special touches! We're glad you and your guests enjoyed the day and we look forward to seeing you back in the future. Best wishes!

Brandi · Married on 12/02/2018

Dec Wedding

The community house is a wonderful place to have a wedding. Sarah, the event coordinator was amazing!!! I didn’t have a wedding planner and I asked her tons of questions. She was always super responsive and even let me know about things I hadn’t thought of. All the guests said the venue was great and they enjoyed the food. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Hi Brandi,

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback about The Community House. It was a pleasure working with you and your family and we wish you the best!

Tina · Married on 05/26/2018

The venue is perfect for an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. Sarah Tufts was the most helpful and accommodating ‘organizer’ we could have ever asked for! The drinks and food flowed all night and everything went perfectly!!

Sent on 06/03/2018
    The Community House in Birmingham 18
    The Community House in Birmingham 19
    The Community House in Birmingham 20

Hi Tina,
    Thanks so much for your kind review. We were so glad to be a part of your daughter and son-in-law's special day and wish them the best as they begin their lives together as husband and wife! Congratulations to you all!

karen · Married on 01/13/2018

My daughter and new son in law were married here in January 2018. Every moment was flawless and the staff bent over backwards to be helpful. Thank you for making this special day amazing.

Sent on 01/29/2018

The Community House in Birmingham's reply:

Thank you, Karen! It was a pleasure working with you and we're so glad you enjoyed your time with us at The Community House!

Robin · Married on 10/07/2017

We just want to thank Mr. Tim Hunt at The Community House for making this day so special for all. He truly went above and beyond. The food was amazing (beef,chicken and salmon) very friendly and accommodating staff.. I would recommend booking with them to anyone! Thank u again

Sent on 10/09/2017
    The Community House in Birmingham 21
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 09/23/2017

Everything was perfect. It was well organized. The wait staff was friendly, professional, and on top of everything. I can't say enough great things about Sarah, the event coordinator. She was personable, extremely responsive, and so great to work with. We loved having our wedding here!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Hi Kristin,
    It was our pleasure to share in your special day! We loved working with you and wish you a lifetime of happiness. Please come back and see us soon!

Colleen · Married on 09/16/2017

Perfect Wedding Venue!!!

Sent on 06/27/2019
    The Community House in Birmingham 22
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 05/28/2017

Tim made every bit of this experience pleasant, easy, affordable and worked with every question/whim/solution that we came up with. Ultimately while we were over budget, it was worth every cent for what I 'put up with' so they say, which honestly if it wasn't for Tim i'd have lost my head already. They not only provide most of the in house services such as set up/tear down (which from my understanding not everyone does this) But he provided me permission to store wedding decorations the day before without a fee, they provided not only a giant room for us to get ready in (which also included a bathroom) and a mens room for them to get ready in (On campus) But they also provided food/tables/chairs/flatware/booze/accessories for the ceremony/access to their in house sound system/etc so it was a basically one stop shop. They even allow outside vendors if you so choose. While we used the suites upstairs for the ceremony we also used the ballroom for our reception. They have actually updated their lighting in the suites and planned to be updating them further throughout the building. Honestly the only out sourced thing I did with my wedding was the dj. I DIY'ed all the decorations and they provided the bird cage for cards. There is so much more I could say but give them a call if you're truely thinking about it. It never hurts to ask/look ;)

Sent on 06/05/2017

Maria · Married on 09/25/2016

Tim the Vice President of the Community House was such a pleasure to work with. He made all of my wedding planning and dreams a reality. He went a above and beyond. The whole staff at the community house made everything go so smoothly the day of. The Food was amazing, everyone is still going on and on about the excellent service and food. Anyone thinking of throwing a wedding or other event should use this venue! Thank you again for making sure our wedding day was amazing!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Alison · Married on 06/11/2016

We worked with Sarah to plan our special day. Her and her staff were amazing! Sarah made sure every detail was accounted for and helped us plan the perfect day. The day of staff was GREAT, they set up, served, and tore down everything just how we wanted. They were friendly and attentive. We highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 07/03/2016

Hi Alison,

Thanks so much for your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure working with you! All our best as you begin this new chapter in your lives.

Dan · Married on 08/29/2015

We cannot say enough good things about The Community House. They were great in every aspect and made our wedding special. The services and food were great. We highly recommend TCH.

Sent on 09/01/2015

The Community House in Birmingham's reply:

Thank you! We hope to see you back at TCH, soon!

Amanda · Married on 07/24/2015

Sarah Tufts and the rest of TCH staff were absolutely outstanding. From my first interactions with Sarah to departing our amazing wedding reception, they went above and beyond to make sure every request was thoughtfully fulfilled. In addition, they ensured that my meal was strictly gluten free, as I have Celiac Disease, and they even prepared special gluten free hors d'oeuvres for me. Tim and the serving staff, including Leon, were also exceptional. Thank you for such a magical evening all of us will never forget.

Sent on 08/10/2015

The Community House in Birmingham's reply:

Thanks so much, Amanda! Wishing you a lifetime of good health and happiness!

The Community House is a beautiful venue for a wedding. Even though the weather did not cooperate, the staff made a seamless transition from outside to a beautiful inside location. Our guests have told us it was the best food at a wedding they have ever had. The filet was outstanding! Sarah was a joy to work with as well-very patient and accomodating. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Our strolling wedding reception hosted at The Community House was nothing short of amazing. The event manager Sarah took care of our every need, question, idea, and input in planning our event. Together we joined minds and planned a phenomenal affair. We wanted to spare no area of detail and opted to offer complimentary valet service & coat check. The attendants were so pleasant and prompt; we received many compliments after! The entire service staff was wonderful...from the bar to the servers. The food (we had tray-passed hors d'oeuvres) was delish; many many compliments!

In all, I cannot say enough good things about the service we received from The Community House. From the first phone call I made to inquire about the availability to us closing our car door headed home, Sarah and the staff of The Community House made us feel as if we were the most valued customer. With high regards I would recommend TCH to anyone who wants to have their wedding dream come true!! :)

Sent on 01/11/2015

The Community House in Birmingham's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We were thrilled to take part in your special day and wish you the best as you begin this new chapter in your life.

Sarah, the event coordinator, and her staff were amazing for our wedding. They did everything they could to make sure that the space was perfect! We heard nothing but amazing things from our guests regarding the service, food, and overall atmosphere.

Sent on 12/16/2014

The Community House in Birmingham's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! We were thrilled to be a part of your big day!
    Best wishes!

hila · Married on 11/29/2014

Perfect place,wonderful service,strongly recommend!

Sent on 12/01/2014

The event coordinator at TCH was incredibly helpful and very responsive to all of our inquiries. The food was fantastic and TCH even made our custom signature drink from a recipe that we provided...we received compliments all night from our guests for food and drink! The terrace and ballroom were a perfect combination for our ceremony and reception, and one of the main reasons we picked this venue was because it was unique and intimate. Our wedding was beautiful and exactly how we envisioned.

Sent on 10/07/2014

What a great venue. Event manager, Sarah, was a pleasure to work with as was all the staff on the event day. The outside ceremony tent, garden cocktail hour & dinner in the main ballroom couldn't have been any better. All three entree choices were delicious and the Bates Salad presentation was wonderful. Thank you Birmingham Community House for making our daughter's wedding so wonderful.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Michelle · Married on 09/20/2014

Our wedding at The Community House was wonderful! It could not have gone any better. Sarah Tufts made everything a breeze and perfect on our big day. I would highly recommend having your wedding or any other event at The Community House!

Sent on 10/07/2014

The Community House in Birmingham's reply:

Thanks, Michelle! It was a pleasure working with you!

Dorothy · Married on 06/29/2014

When my husband and I first saw The Community House we knew it would be the perfect place to host our white wedding ceremony. Unfortunately we thought we couldn't afford it and kept looking. The other places just didn't leave us with the ah factor and didn't feel quite right. So we researched The Community House again and realized we could afford it and it wasn't anymore expensive than the other venues we were looking at. We quickly put down our deposit and worked closely with Sarah Tufts in setting our plans in action. Sarah was great to work with. She would promptly respond to emails and was willing to work around our schedule since we were out of town and we were primarily available on the weekends. It was a bit tough getting enough time to decorate but Sarah was able to get us a little bit of additional time in the morning and it helped us out tremendously to store some of the items there ahead time. We loved the experience there and our guests loved the venue as well. It didn't take much decorations as The Community House has a beautiful atmosphere. Thank you for the great customer service and flexibility!

Sent on 09/18/2014