16 Reviews for Graduate Minneapolis

House Liquor (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Lighting (1)

The Commons Hotel was everything my husband and I could have dreamed for! Kyle H. was our wedding coordinator with the hotel and he was outstanding! If I had any question or concern, any time of the day he would respond right away with an answer. The hotel itself is beautiful for a wedding ceremony and reception. The food from The Beacon restaurant, who catered the wedding, located in The Commons Hotel was amazing! We honestly could not thank the staff and especially Kyle for making our special day even more amazing. We HIGHLY recommend this location!!

Profile Picture Christina, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our ceremony and reception at The Commons Hotel. For an extra fee, we also rented a secondary space for cocktail hour to allow the staff to turn over the ballroom between the ceremony and the reception.

The hotel is beautiful as is the surrounding area; we had a ton of places to take pictures! We didn't use much for decorations because the decor is so unique that it didn't really require any "dressing up". We also received tons of positive feedback from our guests on how cool the hotel looked, how great the staff was, and how good the food was.

We really didn't need to do very much the day of our wedding, either, as the hotel took care of most of the details. The staff was really easy to work with and Brenda was always very responsive to our questions. The food is also amazing!

We wound up picking this location because it's on the green line light rail (there's a stop right across the street), and we had a lot of people coming from other states. Our guests found the light rail very easy to use.

Our wedding was beautiful and went off without a hitch! Highly recommend The Commons Hotel!

Profile Picture Christina, 7/3/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Just had my reception at The Commons Hotel and let me tell you...IT WAS AMAZING!
Brenda is so great to work with and really helpful! Always answered my questions and was there when I needed her.
The food was great! I have guests telling me how much they loved the Garlic Rosemary Chicken.
The venue itself is lovely. The staff helped me when I needed a table or with folding the napkins a specific way I wanted. They were great to my guests and you could tell they worked very hard.
HIGHLY recommend The Commons !

Profile Picture Angela, 6/4/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Indoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

They were amazing! From helping prepare for the wedding all the way through set up and hotel check in. I got so many compliments on the hotel staff from my guests. They went over and above for me and my guests. I would recommend them over and over again!!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 3/26/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Indoor

Brenda is amazing to work with. The hotel is stunning and the food is the best we have ever had.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 3/12/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Linens, Outside Cake, Indoor, Chairs

Brenda and The Commons Hotel were fantastic!! Not only were they extremely flexible but the value is incredible. They walk you through everything you need to know about hosting your wedding with them and keep you in the loop about everything. I knew when they got new china and chairs! The Commons is an incredible location in itself with the best style in town. All of our guests raved about the uniqueness and enjoyed the decor. The Meridan Ballroom is the perfect location to have your reception with chandelier lighting, a huge foyer and a balcony, it has everything you need to keep your guests happy. The staff was incredibly professional during our reception. Brenda was fantastic and helped us with all aspects of our wedding, even parts that were not taking place at The Commons. Huge recommendation for anybody looking for a venue.

Profile Picture Kate, 8/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We picked the Common's because of its location and because it was reasonably priced. Since our wedding we have recommended it to three other couples, one of which booked it. Supply and demand is great but MSP Can be over priced and often lacking in attention to its couples....you bucked that trend. Loved the staff and the venue. Thanks.

Profile Picture User6645758, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We hosted our welcome celebration Friday night at the Beacon, utilized the VIP suites for getting ready and hosted both our ceremony and reception at the Commons Hotel- and wouldn't change a thing! Angie and the entire staff were absolutely fantastic and so easy to work with.

Profile Picture User4064858, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at The Commons Hotel in March of 2015 and it was an absolutely perfect venue for our event. From our very first tour, we knew that The Commons Hotel had the type of vibe that we needed for the wedding that we wanted. Trendy and modern, yet still casual and comfortable, The Commons Hotel was a refreshing change from the otherwise underwhelming hotels we had toured throughout Minneapolis proper. So, we knew that we needed to move forward with booking The Commons for our wedding. After meeting with hotel staff, we had an even greater level of certainty that The Commons was the right place to hold our wedding. They were incredibly knowledgeable, fun, and helpful and they really took the time to understand us as a couple and to offer us assistance based on the relationship we had formed with them. This was especially true of Brenda who was our initial contact at the hotel. The food was delicious, the space was beautiful, and the service was absolutely exceptional. Even now, months later, we still here praise about the wonderful staff at The Commons from friends and family who were in attendance. We also have continuously heard people talking about how fun it was to be right in the heart of Minneapolis and to stay at such a trendy and beautiful hotel. So, needless to say, we recommend The Commons Hotel to anyone and everyone looking for wedding venues in Minneapolis. The Commons will absolutely not disappoint.

Profile Picture Kyle, 3/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Wheelchair Access

Brenda and the rest of the staff were fantastic to work with. We coordinated the wedding several states away with Brenda. She and her staff did all they could to accommodate prepping and made for a fantastic reception. Service was amazing. Food was amazing. Excellent venue. Highly recommend. Nearby parking ramp with skyway was also helpful in snow or rain.

(lookup any events on campus at TCF stadium, Williams arena, or other events to plan and prepare guests accordingly.
Do not let that discourage your from using this venue. The venue, Brenda, the staff, and food are fantastic.)

Profile Picture Nick, 8/30/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Shuttle, Chairs

The Commons Hotel truly went above and beyond all of our expectations. We had our daughters wedding next door at the McNamara and all of our wedding guests stayed at the Commons Hotel. Our guests were continually changing their type of rooms, dates, times of arrival, etc. and Melissa was always available and willing to accommodate our guests needs whenever the occasion arose. We also had a hospitality room and the staff was wonderful. Last but not least, our daughters after wedding Sunday Brunch was catered at the Commons Hotel in their Think 4 Room. Service, food, staff (Brenda and her waitstaff) were so extremely helpful that words cannot express our gratitude. Brenda met with us several times to achieve a good balance of price and food. All of our guests raved about the service and the tasty morsels we served. I highly recommend the services that Commons Hotel provides. We had no previous recommendation regarding this hotel, however, we jumped in with both feet and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture User4318208, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

We loved our wedding at The Commons! We loved the space and it was a great value. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Abigail, 3/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Parking, Cocktail Reception, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Indoor

The Commons was absolutely beautiful! We had a lot of family and friends staying there and they were very accommodating.

Profile Picture User4332378, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.7

Awesome venue and service! Nothing was ever a problem. Kyle was the BEST!!!! So responsive. The ballroom was just renovated and so was the whole hotel. Some of the rooms still need updating.
Seventh floor no kids allowed to stay in rooms kind of a plus.
The venue was beautiful!!

Profile Picture peggy, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, French Service, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Indoor, Shuttle, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables

The staff at The Commons Hotel did a fantastic job taking care of my needs and wants for both my ceremony set-up and reception set-up. They even went as far as to dig out an old podium from storage for my ceremony, because their new podium did not quite fit the style I was going for. My guests loved the food catered by the hotel restaurant (The Beacon) and they also enjoyed the fact that their rooms were on location, so they did not have to worry about rides for the evening.

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/12/14, 2 Reviews