The Commons 1854 Reviews

The Commons 1854 5
The Commons 1854 6
The Commons 1854 7

Helena · Married on 06/17/2016

Great service, food and atmosphere! I was at peace in their capable hands and everything came out beautifully!

Sent on 06/28/2016
  • User4591913 · 2+ years ago

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Not only is the commons beautiful, but they were super attentive to my husband and I and our families! Food, lighting and drinks are to die for! Elegant and classy! We had our dream wedding all thanks to The Commons!!

Sent on 05/29/2016

Annie · Married on 04/02/2016

From start to finish, The Commons was a joy to work with. They were attentive, responsible, and detailed. On the actual day of the wedding they went completely above and beyond our expectations. Johanna especially blew us away. Everything we needed day of from a lint roller during photos to quick-response dinner moments, she truly made our day so special. I had complete confidence in them and it would be an honor for anyone to get married here. As brides we are already stressed and The Commons will work with you to alleviate all stress! Such a great wedding we had because of them. THANK YOU COMMONS!

Sent on 04/10/2016

Heather · Married on 03/26/2016

I can't say enough good things about the entire staff at The Commons 1854. They hosted our wedding last weekend and did an amazing job. Everyone there was very attentive throughout the whole process. From the initial visit, to the moment we walked to our car at the end of the wedding night, they were asking if they could do anything else for us. We worked mostly with Johanna who was amazing. She was a very calming presence during an otherwise busy wedding day. Not only did she guide us every step of the way, but she just knows what you need, before you know you need it. I remember clearly at the end of the night when all the guests were saying goodbye and leaving, I must have hugged and said goodbye to almost 60 people in 20 minutes. Naturally I was exhausted from the day's events and dancing etc.. As I said goodbye to the last person, I turned around and there was Johanna with a big smile and a glass of water waiting for me. She just knew that's what I needed !!! Everyone at The Commons 1854 was great. The wait staff during the night was extremely attentive, professional and helpful. The building itself is beautiful and newly renovated, but all the while keeping its historic charm. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the the venue was and how great the food and services were. I highly recommend this venue.

Heather and Nathan

Sent on 05/08/2016

Nicole · Married on 01/16/2016

Where do I begin! Working with the team at The Commons 1854 was the BEST experience possible. From my attention to detail, to having to bring flowers in a day in advance for setup, there flexibility was OUTSTANDING! Johanna, Kristi, Frank, and Kelly went above and beyond expectations. The food was some of the best event food I have ever had. Being an event florist, I had expectations to have my venue coincide with the feel of the wedding and I couldn't have asked for a better atmosphere. Johanna was right there whenever we needed anything, if it was late night meetings, last minute changes, bustling my dress, drinks, food, anything at all, she was there! There were able to to accommodate anything that I requested without hidden fees like most wedding venues. Cannot wait to work with them again and be on the other side of the table and make other bride's dreams come true!

I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married, it is literally a complete hidden GEM!

The Commons 1854 team, thank you so much for making our wedding the best we could have ever dreamed of!
    Nicole and Evan Jaffe

Sent on 04/11/2016

Julie · Married on 01/09/2016

The Commons 1854 has a definate Wow Factor; from the sparkling chandeliers, to the wonderfully enormous windows. Johanna really knows her stuff. Everything flowed seamlessly. My guests continually mentioned how sweet and helpful the service staff is throughout the entire event and that the food was superb.

Sent on 04/18/2016

Absolutely perfect venue. The cocktail area and ballroom were elegant and beautiful. Johanna was absolutely over the top to work with. She could not have been more accommodating and helpful through every detail of my daughters wedding. During the evening she was everywhere, taking personal care of every detail. The entire staff were very professional and very proficient. My guests even commented on how smoothly the evening flowed. Perfect down to every last detail!!

Sent on 01/10/2016

Service staff was excellent.
    Food was exceptional

Sent on 12/06/2015

Gianna · Married on 11/27/2015

We had our wedding at The Commons on a beautiful day in November. I knew from the moment we stepped inside that this was the place! The venue has so much character and everyone is very professional. Our wedding planner was Kelly, who went above and beyond all throughout the planning process, and up until the day of the wedding where she was on top of everything and made sure that everything was in order at all times. The staff and owners were also very courteous to our vendors and made it very easy to coordinate with them. The food was absolutely fantastic and the staff is on point. We keep hearing from our guests how that was the best food that they have had at a wedding and rave about how friendly and accommodating everyone was. Some of our guests were not a fan of the caesar salad and were immediately given something else of their choosing. They recently did some renovations to the venue which look beautiful. The whole downstairs is now an open layout and was very spacious for all of our guests to mingle during cocktail hour. The outside of the building was beautiful as well, decorated with lights and wreaths for the holiday season. I would highly recommend The Commons 1854 for your special day, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Amanda · Married on 11/21/2015

The Commons 1854 was the absolute PERFECT venue for our late fall 2015 wedding! I dreamed of an autumn, colonial-inspired, classic New England wedding and The Commons helped that dream come to life! Every guest commented on the beauty of the ballroom, the quality and superb taste of the food and signature beverages, and the attentiveness of the staff. From the bride’s perspective, you will not find a better deal for your money in the Boston area! We wined and dined at such a quality level for a value unmatched at any other local vendor we researched. But what puts The Commons over the edge is the wedding planning staff! Johanna and Kristi are phenomenal and masters of their craft! Paul and I worked closely with Johanna throughout the entire process and I cannot thank her enough for her attention to detail, willingness to go above and beyond (crafting and putting together our very own rustic-inspired popcorn bar), and drive to make our wedding run without a hitch! EVERYTHING went as planned day-of and that is due 100% in part to Johanna’s proactive approach, all accomplished with a smile! The Commons (and Johanna) are an amazing choice for your most special day!

Sent on 01/01/2016

Laura · Married on 11/21/2015

I cannot say enough about The Commons! I am a bit of a control freak and I was nervous about everything going off the way I had hoped it would, but it was so easy to give up control to Johanna (our coordinator) and the entire staff of The Commons. Everything truly was perfect and it was absolutely the most amazing wedding I could have ever imagined. I had so many guests comment on how fantastic the food was, and on how kind and attentive the servers were. Everyone went above and beyond and they all seemed to truly want to be there to help. I would highly recommend this venue to any bride. I wish I could do it all again!!

Sent on 01/18/2016

The Commons was absolutely amazing for our recent wedding!!!
    I knew from the first moment that I walked in and met with Kristi that this was the place we would choose for our reception! Kristi sat down with me on my first visit and went through everything with me to find options that worked best for us!
    We later met our planner, Kelly, who was an absolutely fabulous planner and individual! She is really on top of things and is incredibly prompt at getting back to you. She made the whole event a success and treated us like royalty! Kelly literally had every detail under control and it made our wedding planning stress-free and wonderful!
    Thank you so much!!

Sent on 11/08/2015

The Commons was an outstanding venue for my ceremony and reception. Kristi (the owner) and Johanna (wedding coordinator) were professional, friendly and got back to me promptly when I had any questions. I put my trust in them to do a great job, and they exceeded my expectations! It was a bit too chilly to hold the ceremony outdoors, but having it indoors gave it an intimate feel and speciality. The food was exceptional and my guests are still raving about the unlimited apps! All in all, I highly recommend the Commons. You won't be disappointed.

Kayla · Married on 10/11/2015

The minute we stepped foot into The Commons we fell in love with the gorgeous venue. It was recently renovated and is stunning! One thing that was very important to me for the wedding was the quality of the food. The food at the Commons is outstanding! I never have had better food at a wedding. Many of our guests are still complementing us at how delicious their meal was. However, what stands out about the Commons is the service. The staff, especially the wedding coordinators Johanna and Kelly, are simply amazing, I cannot say enough good things about them. They were very responsive throughout the entire planning process and thought of things that we did not even think of. We would have been lost without them! On the day of Johanna was at our side every minute making sure everything went smoothly and that we were able to eat our meals and enjoy ourselves! I wish we could repeat the day all over again because it was absolutely perfect thanks in big part to everyone at the Commons. I would definitely recommend this venue to others as they helped us put together our dream wedding!

Katherine · Married on 10/10/2015

From the moment we stepped into the Topsfield Commons, we knew it was the perfect venue for us! The Commons not only has ideal New England charm, but also an elegant vibe. It was recently renovated with beautiful chandeliers, curtains, and floors adding a fabulous chic vibe. The entire Commons staff was welcoming from the first day we initiated our interest in the venue, and they were more than helpful throughout our entire wedding planning process. We live in Chicago, IL and Kristi and Johanna were available via email, phone and Skype any time we had questions (and yes, we had a lot!). Johanna was our wedding coordinator and she was AMAZING. Johanna is one of the most professional and organized people we have ever met and her level of experience/expertise was truly reflected during our time working with her. On our wedding day, Johanna made sure everything flowed smoothly to make sure we did not have to think about anything other than having a fabulous wedding day. She went above and beyond to make the event PERFECT for us. Our guests can’t stop talking about how much fun they had at our wedding and how it is one of the best they have ever been to! We have received rave reviews about the food, décor and the charm of the venue itself! One other positive about the venue is that it is very reasonably priced compared to other venues, which allowed us to stay within our budget. We can’t say enough wonderful things about the Topsfield Commons and we would highly recommend this venue to any couple looking to get married in the New England area!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Liz · Married on 10/03/2015

This is the most amazing place!!! Our coordinator Kelly was outstanding and I can not imagine pulling off our wedding without her. I was so impressed with everything about this venue. They were so helpful and enthusiastic and supportive. We began working with them only 9 weeks prior to our October 3rd wedding but based on the results you would have thought it was much longer!!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Michelle · Married on 09/18/2015

To be honest, The Commons was the first and only wedding venue we looked at but that was because we were so blown away with the venue and the staff when we first toured the space that we knew it was what we wanted for our big day. We had the ceremony and reception there - highly recommend using the outside garden for the ceremony!

We worked with Johanna to plan our wedding and she was great! She asked all the right questions and made sure we were keeping on track with everything. When the big day came she literally had thought of everything and made sure we were just focused on getting married and she took care of the rest. It was unbelievable how valuable having someone like her there for the big day really was!! And the food - omg! It was amazing and we received so many compliments from our guests. I cannot recommend the The Commons 1854 enough! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Tania · Married on 09/12/2015

The Topsfield Commons made our wedding absolutely perfect, better than perfect!! It was honestly the best day of our lives. From day one of visiting with Frank, Kristi & Johanna and seeing the venue we knew we wanted to chose it as our wedding venue. Throughout our wedding planning process, Johanna was always a pleasure to work with and she was so quick to respond to any questions I had during the process, even would provide great suggestions as well. The day of our wedding was amazing from the most delicious appetizers & food, bar services, such professional services throughout the night, decorations set up exactly how we wanted and enjoying time at the most beautiful venue! The Topsfield Commons exceeded our expections. Johanna was great from the second we arrived at the Commons. She provided us our signature drinks, hot appetizers as we arrived and was so attentive to us all night. She was even there when I needed bobby pins to touchup my hair. The whole night went so smooth and I didn't have a worry at all and was able to enjoy myself all night because I knew I had the best team at the Commons making everything perfect for us. Johanna is so talented at what she does and really made our wedding day the best day of our lives. My husband and I can't say enough good things about the Commons. We were so happy with everything and they made our wedding dream come true!!!

meghan · Married on 08/29/2015

I was in a particularly interesting situation - I currently live in Seattle but my fiancé and I grew up north of Boston. With all of our family living there, we decided to do the wedding back east and, rather blindly, chose The Commons as our venue. Based on pictures and feedback from friends who had either had weddings or been to a wedding there, we loved how it didn't feel like a typical country club or hotel style wedding venue. Let me tell you that the venue itself is GORGEOUS (it underwent a major overhaul in March with new paint, light fixtures, carpeting... its stunning) and the staff was amazing. Johanna, my wedding planner, worked with me any way she could to ensure that I felt rest assured things were going smoothly from 3000 miles away. When my big day finally came, the venue was perfect, the food was phenomenal, Johanna kept us and our guests on schedule to the minute, and the staff was accommodating and pleasant the entire night. Obviously I am biased, but it was the best night of my life. I am still having guests reach out to us about how wonderful the food was and how it was one of the best put together weddings they had ever been to. I would highly recommend them!!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Charlotte · Married on 08/23/2015

I can't thank Kristi and Kelly enough! This is an amazing place! So accommodating, beautiful, professional, amazing food with exceptional service everywhere! They went above and beyond and helped me with all my details and questions! I can't thank The Commons enough for making my day absolutely perfect! Seriously the best service I have ever had! If you are looking for a venue don't look any further this is your place !

Sent on 09/10/2015

Jeremy · Married on 08/14/2015

The Commons 1854 by far exceeded our expectations of what the perfect wedding would be. The venue is beautiful but the staff is second to none. Johanna was our wedding planner and she made sure every detail was perfect. The staff treated our guests like royalty and were so attentive to the little things. The team at the commons are completely unfazed by any issues that arise. They make it a point to make sure the bride and groom have absolutely nothing to worry about on their wedding day. I couldn't imagine having my wedding at another venue and all of our guest were raving about how wonderful everything was. The food was remarkable. Everything was cooked to perfection and the presentation was nothing short of perfect.

Sent on 08/26/2015

Stefanie · Married on 08/08/2015

We could not have chosen a more perfect venue for our August wedding. The grounds were perfect for the ceremony - the space comfortably held our 170 guests but still provided an intimate feel like we had wanted. The cocktail hour was fantastic - guests were able to mingle outside & in the gorgeously renovated lower level. The reception was just perfect - I had two concerns as the wedding date neared - seating guests on the balcony and the size of the dance floor - neither were a problem! Choosing the right crowd for the balcony left for a fun party during dinner up there & the dance floor was perfect for the 90% of guests that danced for 2+ hours! Food & Drink were just amazing - absolutely not "wedding food" - it was all delicious! Still having friends & family tell me about the fun apps, the great signature cocktails, the delicious salad and the STEAK!

Our pictures had the best back drop - the ceremony grounds, the barn and the Commons were just gorgeous and perfectly fit the rustic chic theme we wanted.

Last & definitely not least, we 100% echo all of the positive reviews in regards to professionalism of the staff - Kristi & Frank were so wonderful to work with when booking the venue & Johanna is a PRO - she does not miss a beat. Each meeting with her was efficient, positive and her follow up is quick & reliable. The day of was so smooth! So many friends had warned me to "plan for things to go wrong" - and nothing did. Johanna was two steps ahead of everything. Thank you Johanna, Kristi & Frank for an absolutely perfect day!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Patricia · Married on 08/07/2015

We had a great time!!!! I would recommend d this venye to all my family and friends.

Sent on 08/13/2015

Lauren · Married on 07/31/2015

I couldn't recommend The Commons 1854 highly enough for a wedding venue - everything about the venue was perfect for our wedding day. From the moment we walked in and met with Kristi, my husband and I knew this was the place for our wedding, and we have heard from many of our guests since, that this was "the best wedding ever!" - even one of our vendors!
    The Commons is absolutely beautiful inside and out, and we loved the idea of having our ceremony & reception in one place and were able to have our ceremony and cocktail hour outside in the beautifully upkept garden, complete with one of my favorite details - a little rock & water feature.

Kristi made the whole process of planning every last detail easy and as stress free as planning a wedding can be. All of the staff at The Commons were extreamly professional, friendly and went above and beyond to keep not only us, but all of our guests happy.
    One of the biggest selling points for us was the food. My husband is a professional chef and had a nice time talking menus and foodstuffs with Kristi, and most importantly, the vendors that supply the food. After our first meeting with Kristi, he said to me "I know all the vendors they use, and it is nothing but top grade stuff." So, we knew the food would be good - but had no idea as to how good, until we attended the tasting. We were very excited with the menu selections and flavor combinations - with details to taste and texture. We quickly decided on what our selections would be for our big day - and we were very pleased, as was all of our guests, several months later and they are still talking about how delicious the food was!
    We had a perfect evening and didn't even have to worry about anything - everything was taken care of from the moment we arrived. We just had to show up and let Kristi run the show - everything went so smoothly that we hardly knew she was even there.
    I would highly recommend The Commons 1854.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Ryon & Kim · Married on 07/12/2015

From the first day we stepped into the Commons, we fell in love with the venue. Both the interior and exterior are gorgeous (and the interior has since been renovated to be even prettier). But what really sets the venue apart is that they straight-up LOVE making weddings as special as they can for the bride and groom. Every detail is managed to perfection. Kristi and Johanna were always available to answer our questions and guide us along. They have a strong list of vendors they have worked with and are able to recommend. And their team is as professional as it gets. The entire day went so smoothly thanks to them.

And the food... The food at the Commons is amazing! The meals that they provide are absolutely delicious!

If you go with the Commons you will get an incredible package that will make your wedding extremely memorable.

Sent on 07/20/2015